Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | tell me about your pets
1 2 3
hi, im kinda stressed and love animals. please tell me about your pets (if youd like). whats their favorite treat? what fun/unique things do they do? whats your favorite part about them? include whatever youd like!!

in exchange, ill tell you about my pets. i have a bird named onion, hes currently one of my best animal friends :) ive had lizards and cats before him, but connecting with and watching a parrot grow has been really amazing! his favorite food is scrambled eggs, and he loves beak scritches. he hates the color red and likes to hide in the crook of your neck when hes scared (or cold). he actually loves his vet and sleeps in his special bird tent every night. hes also been really helpful in helping me deal with anxiety/depression. :D
hes a quaker parrot! almost two years old now, ive had him since he was four months.

i also have a cat named ginger, shes stinky and always needs a bath. she loves to talk and will shout at you for treats. she dosent like to be pet often but real early in the morning, before i go to work, she sits with me and lets me pet her :) ill use my shoelaces as a cat toy and she chases them! her cat breath stinks but i try to overlook that.
hm i believe ginger is about 5 years old now, shes orange and has a long coat. (also CRAZY toe fur. i didnt even know cat paws could be that furry)
hi, im kinda stressed and love animals. please tell me about your pets (if youd like). whats their favorite treat? what fun/unique things do they do? whats your favorite part about them? include whatever youd like!!

in exchange, ill tell you about my pets. i have a bird named onion, hes currently one of my best animal friends :) ive had lizards and cats before him, but connecting with and watching a parrot grow has been really amazing! his favorite food is scrambled eggs, and he loves beak scritches. he hates the color red and likes to hide in the crook of your neck when hes scared (or cold). he actually loves his vet and sleeps in his special bird tent every night. hes also been really helpful in helping me deal with anxiety/depression. :D
hes a quaker parrot! almost two years old now, ive had him since he was four months.

i also have a cat named ginger, shes stinky and always needs a bath. she loves to talk and will shout at you for treats. she dosent like to be pet often but real early in the morning, before i go to work, she sits with me and lets me pet her :) ill use my shoelaces as a cat toy and she chases them! her cat breath stinks but i try to overlook that.
hm i believe ginger is about 5 years old now, shes orange and has a long coat. (also CRAZY toe fur. i didnt even know cat paws could be that furry)
soul
they/it | 23
got my german shep freya as a christmas present in 2016. she peed on my bed the first night. she cant decide if she likes fruits and veggies or not, sometimes she loves a bit of tomato, apple, broccoli, watermelon but then the next time i give her some she spits it out. she loves playing fetch with anything vaguely ball shaped, sometimes jumps even 3 feet to get it. she also loves stockpiling logs under my bed and playing tugowar with them. and chasing the chickens. and B A R K I N G. lots of barking

shes so smart though she jumps in the bathtub all by herself for baths, and taught herself to ask to go on the bed. just rests her chin on the edge waiting for me to tap the bed to let her up. seems like shes been getting unsure about it though and i have to tap more and more vigorously for her to be sure that shes allowed up, i guess because half the time she jumps up there right after coming inside all dirty and we tell her to get down

she loves sleeping in corners too, shoves herself in the little gap right next to my bed, sometimes even climbs UNDER the bed which i have no idea how she fits and how its comfortable, always ends up pushing my whole bed over an inch or two. got the dog bed in the corner of the room behind my desk, aww look at her all curled up, oh yeah and her back feet touch her nose when she sleeps.

my little shadow, man. follows me everywhere right by my side brushing up against my leg, waits outside the bathroom for me, laying down right at my feet in the kitchen when im cooking which is annoying and way too close in the way tripping me over but its cute and sweet. what will i do without my shadow

we got a bunch of other dogs too but i dont consider them to be mine, trying to find new homes for some of them. another shep, bup, (like pup/puppy but with a b) shes weird though i think she might be some kind of husky mix because her fur and body shape is so different from freya. bup wasn't supposed to stay but uh i guess no one knows what to do with her lol. shes a sweet little dummy, very hyper. her and freya are best friends. sometimes. she annoys freya a bit and freya bullies her. then theres speedy, a jack russel my dad got for his gf after her last one died but she uh... didnt want him so he just got left here. then a shi tzu, cato/ceasar, my babysitter got for my dad when i was like 6 after his other one died, someone else kept him for years but now hes here, hes 10 now. and then a mastiff, pluto, a guard dog. i think he might be even older than me but im not too sure, i doubt they can live past 16. he had a brother, mars, and bup had a sister, layna, they sadly died last year
got my german shep freya as a christmas present in 2016. she peed on my bed the first night. she cant decide if she likes fruits and veggies or not, sometimes she loves a bit of tomato, apple, broccoli, watermelon but then the next time i give her some she spits it out. she loves playing fetch with anything vaguely ball shaped, sometimes jumps even 3 feet to get it. she also loves stockpiling logs under my bed and playing tugowar with them. and chasing the chickens. and B A R K I N G. lots of barking

shes so smart though she jumps in the bathtub all by herself for baths, and taught herself to ask to go on the bed. just rests her chin on the edge waiting for me to tap the bed to let her up. seems like shes been getting unsure about it though and i have to tap more and more vigorously for her to be sure that shes allowed up, i guess because half the time she jumps up there right after coming inside all dirty and we tell her to get down

she loves sleeping in corners too, shoves herself in the little gap right next to my bed, sometimes even climbs UNDER the bed which i have no idea how she fits and how its comfortable, always ends up pushing my whole bed over an inch or two. got the dog bed in the corner of the room behind my desk, aww look at her all curled up, oh yeah and her back feet touch her nose when she sleeps.

my little shadow, man. follows me everywhere right by my side brushing up against my leg, waits outside the bathroom for me, laying down right at my feet in the kitchen when im cooking which is annoying and way too close in the way tripping me over but its cute and sweet. what will i do without my shadow

we got a bunch of other dogs too but i dont consider them to be mine, trying to find new homes for some of them. another shep, bup, (like pup/puppy but with a b) shes weird though i think she might be some kind of husky mix because her fur and body shape is so different from freya. bup wasn't supposed to stay but uh i guess no one knows what to do with her lol. shes a sweet little dummy, very hyper. her and freya are best friends. sometimes. she annoys freya a bit and freya bullies her. then theres speedy, a jack russel my dad got for his gf after her last one died but she uh... didnt want him so he just got left here. then a shi tzu, cato/ceasar, my babysitter got for my dad when i was like 6 after his other one died, someone else kept him for years but now hes here, hes 10 now. and then a mastiff, pluto, a guard dog. i think he might be even older than me but im not too sure, i doubt they can live past 16. he had a brother, mars, and bup had a sister, layna, they sadly died last year
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
I’ve had tons of pets as a child but as I got older and my family went their separate ways, I ended up with my two huskies ( Rex, my red husky, lives with my dad now) and my pet snake.

I’ll start with Maya. Maya was around 4 months old when we adopted her from the shelter but I think she was probably a couple months older than that. Surprisingly she was a Siberian Husky, my dream dog. I had no clue they were actually just fuzzy velociraptors lol. She matched my energy so well yet she was pretty different from a lot of your typically huskies. Maya was smart in the sense that she watched everything I did, memorized how to do it, and did it while I wasn’t around to get into things she shouldn’t. Of course, I outsmarted the smart brat. She was always by my side and made me smile more than anyone else has. She was really the light I needed in my life. My favorite thing she used to do was, when I’d wake up in the morning, she would get from sleeping, come right over to me, and roll all over me/snuggle up to me and burry her face against me. Mornings with her were THE BEST. She loved carrots as snacks. Unfortunately, my beautiful pup turned 13 and a couple weeks after her birthday, just a few days from Christmas, I had to put her down due to liver cancer. But I will never ever forget her. She has been the best thing to ever happen to me. I hope I made her happy <3 she did so much for me. She was with me with every move and there for me through everything. But nothing will ever be as hard as losing her.

Now I just have my Mexican Black Kingsnake. Her name is Ink. She hates everyone except for me. I’ve had her for maybe 8 years now. She’s an amazing black void. Curious too! Her favorite thing to do is sleep in the hood of my hoodies. And like a typical snake, she hates it when I ruin the tunnels in her tank. How dare I keep her living space clean
I’ve had tons of pets as a child but as I got older and my family went their separate ways, I ended up with my two huskies ( Rex, my red husky, lives with my dad now) and my pet snake.

I’ll start with Maya. Maya was around 4 months old when we adopted her from the shelter but I think she was probably a couple months older than that. Surprisingly she was a Siberian Husky, my dream dog. I had no clue they were actually just fuzzy velociraptors lol. She matched my energy so well yet she was pretty different from a lot of your typically huskies. Maya was smart in the sense that she watched everything I did, memorized how to do it, and did it while I wasn’t around to get into things she shouldn’t. Of course, I outsmarted the smart brat. She was always by my side and made me smile more than anyone else has. She was really the light I needed in my life. My favorite thing she used to do was, when I’d wake up in the morning, she would get from sleeping, come right over to me, and roll all over me/snuggle up to me and burry her face against me. Mornings with her were THE BEST. She loved carrots as snacks. Unfortunately, my beautiful pup turned 13 and a couple weeks after her birthday, just a few days from Christmas, I had to put her down due to liver cancer. But I will never ever forget her. She has been the best thing to ever happen to me. I hope I made her happy <3 she did so much for me. She was with me with every move and there for me through everything. But nothing will ever be as hard as losing her.

Now I just have my Mexican Black Kingsnake. Her name is Ink. She hates everyone except for me. I’ve had her for maybe 8 years now. She’s an amazing black void. Curious too! Her favorite thing to do is sleep in the hood of my hoodies. And like a typical snake, she hates it when I ruin the tunnels in her tank. How dare I keep her living space clean
I have five pets at the moment;

Shadow: 11 year old toy poodle
Nyxie: 3 year old crested gecko
Erel: 1 year old leopard gecko
Oda: Approximately 1 year old crested gecko
Cocoa: 1 year old african fattailed gecko

Shadow has apricot colored fur. Despite being an old man in his age, he's still playful and he's still very spoiled rotten and loves cuddles. He has this habit of stealing my socks and only MY socks, no one else's, and running around making me chase him around the living room until I give him a treat. That is the only time he will drop my socks, to get a treat, but if I am not fast enough to grab the socks before he finishes eating, he will go for a round two to get a second bite. He absolutely ADORES deli cheese. Not a fan of peanut butter at all. He loves cheese.

Nyxie.....is a weird one. Because he's a crested gecko, which are nocturnal, I will occasionally wake up in the middle of the night just to turn, and I look at his direction only to see him staring at me with big eyes. It's creepy as heck, but it's hilarious. He loves watermelon flavored CGD. Nyxie is mainly a woody brown, but depending on how active he is, he will sometimes be a rusty red/brown or somewhat of a gold color. Either way, he has small black spots all over him. Cresties with these spots are called Dalmations, and if you look them up, you normally will see them with big black patches. Nyxie doesn't have that. His spots are more freckle-like in a way.

Erel looks like a regular leopard gecko with yellow scales, white underbelly, and black leopard spots all over her. Her tail has that black and white mix, but also has a little bit of orange on her tail as well. She loves to sploot and she loves her coconut hut (or what I like to call her cocohut) She's a glutton, she always has been, so she is a little overweight, but she is nowhere near obese. Ummm...she's a b####. I'm serious, if I feed her even just a minute late than I normally would, she glares at me and that's only the tip of the iceberg with her sassy personality. She's not aggressive or anything, she just wants to be treated like a prissy little princess. Still a good girl though.

Oda is a baby, she turns a year old this October. Unlike Nyxie and Erel, I got got her at an Expo/Repticon by LS Critters and Creations. She was super tiny and was going into shed too when I bought her. She practically slept the journey home, then shed later in the evening. She's more of a darker brown than Nyxie and doesn't have the black spots he has. She also likes watermelon CGD and adores the coconut that hangs from the lid in her enclosure. She sleeps on top of it like a kitten. Oda is a sweetheart, but she is also very mischievous. Whenever I handle her, she always tries to push her limits and waddle up my arm with that cute little smirk on her face.

Cocoa is an Oreo morph African fattail, so he has a banded pattern of dark and ginger brown running down his back. His head and tail are dark brown. He's a glutton as well. I also got him at an Expo this July actually from Revelation Reptiles. Turns out, the people selling him have brought him to several expos in an attempt to sell him, but to no avail. The boy had been travelling across the states to find his forever home, so when I bought him and put him into his enclosure, the first thing he went to was a spare cocohut I had and he loves it to death. He's very shy and evasive when he's in his tank, but once I take him out to handle him, he is very gentle, walking as if he were on eggshells, but is quite fidgety. He actually just shed today.
I have five pets at the moment;

Shadow: 11 year old toy poodle
Nyxie: 3 year old crested gecko
Erel: 1 year old leopard gecko
Oda: Approximately 1 year old crested gecko
Cocoa: 1 year old african fattailed gecko

Shadow has apricot colored fur. Despite being an old man in his age, he's still playful and he's still very spoiled rotten and loves cuddles. He has this habit of stealing my socks and only MY socks, no one else's, and running around making me chase him around the living room until I give him a treat. That is the only time he will drop my socks, to get a treat, but if I am not fast enough to grab the socks before he finishes eating, he will go for a round two to get a second bite. He absolutely ADORES deli cheese. Not a fan of peanut butter at all. He loves cheese.

Nyxie.....is a weird one. Because he's a crested gecko, which are nocturnal, I will occasionally wake up in the middle of the night just to turn, and I look at his direction only to see him staring at me with big eyes. It's creepy as heck, but it's hilarious. He loves watermelon flavored CGD. Nyxie is mainly a woody brown, but depending on how active he is, he will sometimes be a rusty red/brown or somewhat of a gold color. Either way, he has small black spots all over him. Cresties with these spots are called Dalmations, and if you look them up, you normally will see them with big black patches. Nyxie doesn't have that. His spots are more freckle-like in a way.

Erel looks like a regular leopard gecko with yellow scales, white underbelly, and black leopard spots all over her. Her tail has that black and white mix, but also has a little bit of orange on her tail as well. She loves to sploot and she loves her coconut hut (or what I like to call her cocohut) She's a glutton, she always has been, so she is a little overweight, but she is nowhere near obese. Ummm...she's a b####. I'm serious, if I feed her even just a minute late than I normally would, she glares at me and that's only the tip of the iceberg with her sassy personality. She's not aggressive or anything, she just wants to be treated like a prissy little princess. Still a good girl though.

Oda is a baby, she turns a year old this October. Unlike Nyxie and Erel, I got got her at an Expo/Repticon by LS Critters and Creations. She was super tiny and was going into shed too when I bought her. She practically slept the journey home, then shed later in the evening. She's more of a darker brown than Nyxie and doesn't have the black spots he has. She also likes watermelon CGD and adores the coconut that hangs from the lid in her enclosure. She sleeps on top of it like a kitten. Oda is a sweetheart, but she is also very mischievous. Whenever I handle her, she always tries to push her limits and waddle up my arm with that cute little smirk on her face.

Cocoa is an Oreo morph African fattail, so he has a banded pattern of dark and ginger brown running down his back. His head and tail are dark brown. He's a glutton as well. I also got him at an Expo this July actually from Revelation Reptiles. Turns out, the people selling him have brought him to several expos in an attempt to sell him, but to no avail. The boy had been travelling across the states to find his forever home, so when I bought him and put him into his enclosure, the first thing he went to was a spare cocohut I had and he loves it to death. He's very shy and evasive when he's in his tank, but once I take him out to handle him, he is very gentle, walking as if he were on eggshells, but is quite fidgety. He actually just shed today.
OuDych9.png (c)UserOfShadows
i have 60+ pets myself! of all sorts of kinds. could talk about them forever or just animals in general lol.

i have a 1 year old German shepherd, she is absolutely obsessed with bees, dragonflies, and also lights and shadows. she's always dancing around, sweetest pup.

7 year old mainecoon who i rescued when he was only 4 weeks old. i have my most special bond with him. he constantly follows me around, talks to me, always touching me in some way. he's been with me through every major life event, and is just the best kitty!

i have 3 turtles and tortoises, they're just absolutely awesome creatures and i love them. and they love their snacks lol

have lots of birds! one of my lady parakeets actually recently hatched out 8 eggs, so we have some babies right now!! they have their own room and outside area. they are so cuddly and especially love to sing.

my oldest calico kitty and one of my puppers are best friends. always snuggling and doing everything together! i have so many pictures of they curled up together, her laying on him, them on our walks (yes, my cats go on walks with us too!)
she acts so dog like and he acts so cat like lol. she plays fetch, and he likes to climb their cat trees!

i had a siamese tabby kitty too and she's just a beauty. she's got quite the attitude though. but something i love most is how much she loves water! she will join you in showers, baths, swimming pool, i've also taken her to the beach which she loved!

my mal is a real sweet pup too. and she has so many qualities that remind me of past dogs i've had, makes my heart happy.

i could go on and on

i have 60+ pets myself! of all sorts of kinds. could talk about them forever or just animals in general lol.

i have a 1 year old German shepherd, she is absolutely obsessed with bees, dragonflies, and also lights and shadows. she's always dancing around, sweetest pup.

7 year old mainecoon who i rescued when he was only 4 weeks old. i have my most special bond with him. he constantly follows me around, talks to me, always touching me in some way. he's been with me through every major life event, and is just the best kitty!

i have 3 turtles and tortoises, they're just absolutely awesome creatures and i love them. and they love their snacks lol

have lots of birds! one of my lady parakeets actually recently hatched out 8 eggs, so we have some babies right now!! they have their own room and outside area. they are so cuddly and especially love to sing.

my oldest calico kitty and one of my puppers are best friends. always snuggling and doing everything together! i have so many pictures of they curled up together, her laying on him, them on our walks (yes, my cats go on walks with us too!)
she acts so dog like and he acts so cat like lol. she plays fetch, and he likes to climb their cat trees!

i had a siamese tabby kitty too and she's just a beauty. she's got quite the attitude though. but something i love most is how much she loves water! she will join you in showers, baths, swimming pool, i've also taken her to the beach which she loved!

my mal is a real sweet pup too. and she has so many qualities that remind me of past dogs i've had, makes my heart happy.

i could go on and on

Jd88XNq.png
• eevee • she/they • adult • veterinarian •
• mommy x9 • angel mom x4 • animal mom x60+ •
None living with me at my apartment, but my family’s got two pets at their place!

Our dog’s named Sammy. We rescued him after our other dog (still miss him, we had him since I was six. I can’t remember when we DIDNT have him :’) passed away. Honestly, I feel a bit bad for saying it, but I don’t like him as much. I live away from home most of the time, so I get that he doesn’t recognize me as well, but he’s a major jerk about it. One time I very generously gave him half a piece of chicken, which he accepted of course, and then he decided that by being near enough to give him free food was too close and snapped at me. Also snapped at me for being on the couch once, and at my feet for the very terrible crime of walking within four feet of him when his oversized butt was literally lying in a doorway. Lunged across the room to snap at my sister once for no apparent reason. He doesn’t growl or give warning that he’s upset about anything; he goes straight for biting. And he’s a Saint Bernard mix so that could actually be a problem.

Also pettiness on my part, but he keeps trying to eat my neighborhood toads, who I made every effort to make our yard a haven for them and now he keeps stuffing them in his mouth. Every single time he ends up sick and drooling (because DUH, they’re poisonous and you’ve experienced this five times now), but he doesn’t learn and I’m concerned he’ll hurt them

On the brighter side! My sister has a guinea pig! His name is Charlie. He’s a greedy little bugger and I love him. His only motivations are food, sleep, and attention. If he hears you in the fridge he starts yelling and chewing on the bars to get your attention. One time my dad was eating a cucumber and the little guy started yelling so loud my sister heard him from upstairs, with the door shut, and wearing headphones while listening to J-pop. Guinea pig’s got VOLUME. He used to have a buddy for company, but I don’t think he honestly cared because they both hated each other and now he gets the whole cage and no “food competition”. They were literally separated by bars so they wouldn’t fight, so there was no “competition”, but anytime he saw the other one eating he’d lose it. He’s kinda a jerk but he’s cute so I can forgive it
None living with me at my apartment, but my family’s got two pets at their place!

Our dog’s named Sammy. We rescued him after our other dog (still miss him, we had him since I was six. I can’t remember when we DIDNT have him :’) passed away. Honestly, I feel a bit bad for saying it, but I don’t like him as much. I live away from home most of the time, so I get that he doesn’t recognize me as well, but he’s a major jerk about it. One time I very generously gave him half a piece of chicken, which he accepted of course, and then he decided that by being near enough to give him free food was too close and snapped at me. Also snapped at me for being on the couch once, and at my feet for the very terrible crime of walking within four feet of him when his oversized butt was literally lying in a doorway. Lunged across the room to snap at my sister once for no apparent reason. He doesn’t growl or give warning that he’s upset about anything; he goes straight for biting. And he’s a Saint Bernard mix so that could actually be a problem.

Also pettiness on my part, but he keeps trying to eat my neighborhood toads, who I made every effort to make our yard a haven for them and now he keeps stuffing them in his mouth. Every single time he ends up sick and drooling (because DUH, they’re poisonous and you’ve experienced this five times now), but he doesn’t learn and I’m concerned he’ll hurt them

On the brighter side! My sister has a guinea pig! His name is Charlie. He’s a greedy little bugger and I love him. His only motivations are food, sleep, and attention. If he hears you in the fridge he starts yelling and chewing on the bars to get your attention. One time my dad was eating a cucumber and the little guy started yelling so loud my sister heard him from upstairs, with the door shut, and wearing headphones while listening to J-pop. Guinea pig’s got VOLUME. He used to have a buddy for company, but I don’t think he honestly cared because they both hated each other and now he gets the whole cage and no “food competition”. They were literally separated by bars so they wouldn’t fight, so there was no “competition”, but anytime he saw the other one eating he’d lose it. He’s kinda a jerk but he’s cute so I can forgive it
unknown.png
all these pets are amazing and wonderful creatures :,) im a bit nervous to respond to anyone directly but ty all for sharing ur animals!!
all these pets are amazing and wonderful creatures :,) im a bit nervous to respond to anyone directly but ty all for sharing ur animals!!
soul
they/it | 23
@StormWind7201 I also have a pet named Cocoa, but she's a dog! I love hearing about your reptiles :) Cocoa's a mutt of a Lab, Golden Retriever, Husky, and probably something else. She ended up with markings that make it look like she's got a cute little widow's peak and long eyeliner. She was the single survivor out of two in her litter when she was born so I was extra caring with her. She loves to play in the creek with her adopted Rottweiler sister Roxie and is generally a loving and nervous nut. I loved reading all of these. I hope your stress gets more manageable! [emoji=heart size=1]
@StormWind7201 I also have a pet named Cocoa, but she's a dog! I love hearing about your reptiles :)
Cocoa's a mutt of a Lab, Golden Retriever, Husky, and probably something else. She ended up with markings that make it look like she's got a cute little widow's peak and long eyeliner. She was the single survivor out of two in her litter when she was born so I was extra caring with her. She loves to play in the creek with her adopted Rottweiler sister Roxie and is generally a loving and nervous nut.
I loved reading all of these. I hope your stress gets more manageable!
Pets, ft. Pics and Stories [img]https://i.imgur.com/SZLNcHg.jpg[/img] Leo is a Schnauzer-terrier mix and a spoiled little old man. His favorite activities include napping on the couch, being clingy, and chasing the tennis ball. He likes soft squeaky toys but he doesn't like to make them squeak, he likes to gently carry them around and lick them. [img]https://i.imgur.com/kJpNL4Z.jpg[/img] The three amigos, our cats Princess (tortie), Jethro (grey), and George (orange). We adopted Princess from a friend who does a lot of animal fostering, she had gotten an orphan litter and Princess was one of the kittens in it. She is a sassy little creature who definitely rules the house. Jethro turned up on our back porch one winter night crying desperately to be let in. He wasn't chipped or fixed, and after looking around for anyone missing a grey kitten, no one claimed him, so we kept him. He is mellow and a bit aloof and loooves belly rubs. George was part of a litter born under our garden shed in summer 2021 to a feral that had been hanging out on our property for some months prior. His siblings all got adopted and we kept George, and his mother got spayed and released into our backyard. She hangs around so much that she's basically our fourth cat now, even though she's too feral to let us pet her. George is a sweetie who loves cuddles and pets, and like all orange cats, only has one brain cell. He also loves to drown toys in his water dish, for some reason. [img]https://i.imgur.com/A9EcbA9.jpg[/img] Chip is my bearded dragon, whom I got in August 2019 when I was going back to college. She is almost cat-like in how sassy and particular she is about certain things, heavens forbid there aren't enough worms in her salad, or *gasp* her salad is made of collard greens instead of kale today!
Pets, ft. Pics and Stories

SZLNcHg.jpg

Leo is a Schnauzer-terrier mix and a spoiled little old man. His favorite activities include napping on the couch, being clingy, and chasing the tennis ball. He likes soft squeaky toys but he doesn't like to make them squeak, he likes to gently carry them around and lick them.

kJpNL4Z.jpg

The three amigos, our cats Princess (tortie), Jethro (grey), and George (orange).

We adopted Princess from a friend who does a lot of animal fostering, she had gotten an orphan litter and Princess was one of the kittens in it. She is a sassy little creature who definitely rules the house.

Jethro turned up on our back porch one winter night crying desperately to be let in. He wasn't chipped or fixed, and after looking around for anyone missing a grey kitten, no one claimed him, so we kept him. He is mellow and a bit aloof and loooves belly rubs.

George was part of a litter born under our garden shed in summer 2021 to a feral that had been hanging out on our property for some months prior. His siblings all got adopted and we kept George, and his mother got spayed and released into our backyard. She hangs around so much that she's basically our fourth cat now, even though she's too feral to let us pet her.

George is a sweetie who loves cuddles and pets, and like all orange cats, only has one brain cell. He also loves to drown toys in his water dish, for some reason.

A9EcbA9.jpg

Chip is my bearded dragon, whom I got in August 2019 when I was going back to college. She is almost cat-like in how sassy and particular she is about certain things, heavens forbid there aren't enough worms in her salad, or *gasp* her salad is made of collard greens instead of kale today!

Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Can I just say Onion is such an amazing name for a bird I love it

Currently I've got three cats! Oreo, Frost, and Piper!

Oreo is very, very much my cat. She hates everyone besides me. Always crawls in my lap, purrs like a motor when I so much as touch her head. And screams. Good lord she screams so loud. I love her but not being woken up or her trying to keep me away by screaming at me for pets. She'd be happy to spend forever in my lap getting pets I swear. She is black and white but didn't get her name from that! My mom had a plate of Oreos for me from work when she brought her home and she knocked it over, so the name just stuck.

Frost is Oreo's daughter! We rescued Oreo from a parking lot when she was pregnant and woke up at 4am to two kittens on the floor. She's scared of everything, especially balloons. We have no idea why. She's a bit asthmatic but we finally got her on medicine and she's doing so much better! She used to never meow and now she's as talkative as her mom. Wakes herself up when she has a bad dream and just never stops meowing until you give her attention and calm her down. She is a food gremlin and has stolen food off my plate, fork, and tried to take food from my mouth. Frost's name is short for Frosting since she looks like she has a frosted face and paws. And also Frosting came out of Oreo. It's funny and twisted to us. She had a sister named Mouse but unfortunately she passed after about a week. Had some deformities and we didn't have the resources to care for her. Sweet baby.

Piper is our youngest child and acts like it. Also screams. Why do all my cats scream. She loves playing, will always want to play. We have to hide her feather toy or she will drag it around and scream. She's dragged it upstairs before and I woke up to it next to my bed and her staring at me. Terrifying. Yes I played with her. She also loves running into her little tube and having me scrunch around the outside so she can pincushion my hands through the sides lmao. She was rescued as a kitten with her whole litter. She was the runt and had a lot of bad wounds. We took her in to the vet and brave girl went under anesthesia when she was small enough to fit in your palm. Made it out and recovered beautifully. We had to put her in what we called sock dressed to make sure she didn't pick at her sutures. Her siblings all got good homes and I hope they're doing well!

All of them stand on me while I'm asleep. When we moved here they were nervous and all of them would sleep on me during the night. Oreo is a master at walking on my hip like a log roller when I roll over. When I started T all my hip fat moved so now she just stands on my bone and o w. Piper's siblings used to sleep on me too. I'm a cat bed ig.

Here is my favorite picture of Oreo ever. It makes me laugh every time.
Here is a picture of Frost looking annoyed I put a flower on her head.
And here is a picture of blep queen Piper.
Can I just say Onion is such an amazing name for a bird I love it

Currently I've got three cats! Oreo, Frost, and Piper!

Oreo is very, very much my cat. She hates everyone besides me. Always crawls in my lap, purrs like a motor when I so much as touch her head. And screams. Good lord she screams so loud. I love her but not being woken up or her trying to keep me away by screaming at me for pets. She'd be happy to spend forever in my lap getting pets I swear. She is black and white but didn't get her name from that! My mom had a plate of Oreos for me from work when she brought her home and she knocked it over, so the name just stuck.

Frost is Oreo's daughter! We rescued Oreo from a parking lot when she was pregnant and woke up at 4am to two kittens on the floor. She's scared of everything, especially balloons. We have no idea why. She's a bit asthmatic but we finally got her on medicine and she's doing so much better! She used to never meow and now she's as talkative as her mom. Wakes herself up when she has a bad dream and just never stops meowing until you give her attention and calm her down. She is a food gremlin and has stolen food off my plate, fork, and tried to take food from my mouth. Frost's name is short for Frosting since she looks like she has a frosted face and paws. And also Frosting came out of Oreo. It's funny and twisted to us. She had a sister named Mouse but unfortunately she passed after about a week. Had some deformities and we didn't have the resources to care for her. Sweet baby.

Piper is our youngest child and acts like it. Also screams. Why do all my cats scream. She loves playing, will always want to play. We have to hide her feather toy or she will drag it around and scream. She's dragged it upstairs before and I woke up to it next to my bed and her staring at me. Terrifying. Yes I played with her. She also loves running into her little tube and having me scrunch around the outside so she can pincushion my hands through the sides lmao. She was rescued as a kitten with her whole litter. She was the runt and had a lot of bad wounds. We took her in to the vet and brave girl went under anesthesia when she was small enough to fit in your palm. Made it out and recovered beautifully. We had to put her in what we called sock dressed to make sure she didn't pick at her sutures. Her siblings all got good homes and I hope they're doing well!

All of them stand on me while I'm asleep. When we moved here they were nervous and all of them would sleep on me during the night. Oreo is a master at walking on my hip like a log roller when I roll over. When I started T all my hip fat moved so now she just stands on my bone and o w. Piper's siblings used to sleep on me too. I'm a cat bed ig.

Here is my favorite picture of Oreo ever. It makes me laugh every time.
Here is a picture of Frost looking annoyed I put a flower on her head.
And here is a picture of blep queen Piper.
vDH0pGc.png
1 2 3