Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | tell me about your pets
1 2 3
I've got a pair of bonded male guinea pigs. We adopted them from the shelter near where my wife works just over a year ago. They're brothers, and one's a year older than the other.

Willow's the old man - he's 5 right now, and will turn 6 in December. We named him Willow because of his long fur.

Oak's slightly younger - he's 4, and will turn 5 in December. We were going for tree themes. Oak's got short hair which is dark brown around his head, white in a band around his 'waist', and the back end is light orangy-brown.

They're not big on being picked up and cuddled, but we hear them make noises that let us know they're happy and safe, they aren't scared of us, and will crawl all over us when we let them out for floor time, since floor time means treats. They also crawl up on us during lettuce time, and will let us pet them while they're eating their treats. They also occasionally bump us with their snouts or sides when we're sitting on the floor with them and they're running around, which we've learned is a sign of affection as well.

They are huge potatoes that sometimes become flat crescents and we love them dearly.
I've got a pair of bonded male guinea pigs. We adopted them from the shelter near where my wife works just over a year ago. They're brothers, and one's a year older than the other.

Willow's the old man - he's 5 right now, and will turn 6 in December. We named him Willow because of his long fur.

Oak's slightly younger - he's 4, and will turn 5 in December. We were going for tree themes. Oak's got short hair which is dark brown around his head, white in a band around his 'waist', and the back end is light orangy-brown.

They're not big on being picked up and cuddled, but we hear them make noises that let us know they're happy and safe, they aren't scared of us, and will crawl all over us when we let them out for floor time, since floor time means treats. They also crawl up on us during lettuce time, and will let us pet them while they're eating their treats. They also occasionally bump us with their snouts or sides when we're sitting on the floor with them and they're running around, which we've learned is a sign of affection as well.

They are huge potatoes that sometimes become flat crescents and we love them dearly.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
My mom found Martin 11 years ago, starving, sick and mite infested.
She is allergic to cats but still let him in the day I visited and fell in love with him.
I took him back with me and got him fixed and healthy and he is now an older potato but he still looks young so I assume I have many years left with my favorite buddy. :)
My mom found Martin 11 years ago, starving, sick and mite infested.
She is allergic to cats but still let him in the day I visited and fell in love with him.
I took him back with me and got him fixed and healthy and he is now an older potato but he still looks young so I assume I have many years left with my favorite buddy. :)
1 2 3