Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Search for FR Dragon Art (+ concepts)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@RallraxAuri

thank you again lol!
@RallraxAuri

thank you again lol!
image.pngIvkG1o9.png5hF3FGk.pngJ7D1quC.pngcursed_cat_w_hat.png
BkLX97a.png
Holy cow, Plague's concept art had a WAY different aesthetic
Holy cow, Plague's concept art had a WAY different aesthetic
@Okida25
no kidding.. i kinda rock w it tho tbh
gives me more 'undead' vibes then the 'VERY alive' vibes she has now lol
@Okida25
no kidding.. i kinda rock w it tho tbh
gives me more 'undead' vibes then the 'VERY alive' vibes she has now lol
BkLX97a.png
Not sure if you'd call it "canon" as not all of it is in use on the site, but one of the official fr artists, Osiem, has a tumblr where they post their work!
Not sure if you'd call it "canon" as not all of it is in use on the site, but one of the official fr artists, Osiem, has a tumblr where they post their work!
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
I don't think the ones you have labeled as Icewarden and Plaguebringer count! I'm pretty sure they were just drawn for Undel's art books and are unrelated to Flight Rising. On her DeviantArt (and old website) their descriptions don't reference FR like the other concept pieces do. She just calls them a frost dragon and a zombie/lich dragon.

Found an Icewarden sketch with the wayback machine on her livejournal though!
https://web.archive.org/web/20110823025552/http://neondragon.livejournal.com/
I don't think the ones you have labeled as Icewarden and Plaguebringer count! I'm pretty sure they were just drawn for Undel's art books and are unrelated to Flight Rising. On her DeviantArt (and old website) their descriptions don't reference FR like the other concept pieces do. She just calls them a frost dragon and a zombie/lich dragon.

Found an Icewarden sketch with the wayback machine on her livejournal though!
https://web.archive.org/web/20110823025552/http://neondragon.livejournal.com/
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
@Lunarsnow ah shoot. i had no idea, someone pm'd them to me before i finished editing these posts! I think I'll keep them, but just label them as probably non-canon fr related art. I think plaguebringers is still very similar at least and maybe provided some inspo for the real thing lol i really appreciate the icewarden sketch btw!! that's gotta be ancient [emoji=skull size=1] @PaintmasterSheo thank you bro!! i think i will include it :D!
@Lunarsnow
ah shoot. i had no idea, someone pm'd them to me before i finished editing these posts! I think I'll keep them, but just label them as probably non-canon fr related art. I think plaguebringers is still very similar at least and maybe provided some inspo for the real thing lol
i really appreciate the icewarden sketch btw!! that's gotta be ancient

@PaintmasterSheo
thank you bro!! i think i will include it :D!
BkLX97a.png
Yoo these are so cool! Never seen some of this art before, very interesting how FR’s style has changed over the years.

Now this bit’s just speculation, but i think Earthshaker’s design may have changed, because a popular kid’s book has an earth dragon that looks like the Earthshaker concept art, so maybe Undel changed it to avoid getting sued?
Yoo these are so cool! Never seen some of this art before, very interesting how FR’s style has changed over the years.

Now this bit’s just speculation, but i think Earthshaker’s design may have changed, because a popular kid’s book has an earth dragon that looks like the Earthshaker concept art, so maybe Undel changed it to avoid getting sued?
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
@Acetheaxolotl

i dont have much doubt tbh, i think it's fairly likely
i also think that way with some of the rejected breed art nbl
@Acetheaxolotl

i dont have much doubt tbh, i think it's fairly likely
i also think that way with some of the rejected breed art nbl
BkLX97a.png
@chilldad Not gonna say they're definitely not FR related, but they don't seem to be originally intended that way as far as I can tell. Even that funky unnamed black and green dragon mentioned that it was originally for FR.

Undel definitely reused themes and concepts from her other pieces though. The Plaguebringery one also kinda reminds me of a Bone Fiend and the Cranial Hornhelm!

Also fun trivia! The Tidelord and the Flamecaller switched the second half of their names! In their concept arts they were called Tidecaller and Firelord
@chilldad Not gonna say they're definitely not FR related, but they don't seem to be originally intended that way as far as I can tell. Even that funky unnamed black and green dragon mentioned that it was originally for FR.

Undel definitely reused themes and concepts from her other pieces though. The Plaguebringery one also kinda reminds me of a Bone Fiend and the Cranial Hornhelm!

Also fun trivia! The Tidelord and the Flamecaller switched the second half of their names! In their concept arts they were called Tidecaller and Firelord
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
edit: added veilspuns sketchs / little frog dude from @Shisa 's tumblr collection!! thank you! @Lunarsnow i kinda figured! i saw some discussion about the bonefiend like two minutes ago looking for other concept art haha and thats will!! i almost like their names more like that lol [emoji=skull size=1]
edit: added veilspuns sketchs / little frog dude from @Shisa 's tumblr collection!! thank you!

@Lunarsnow
i kinda figured! i saw some discussion about the bonefiend like two minutes ago looking for other concept art haha
and thats will!! i almost like their names more like that lol
BkLX97a.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9