Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you not keep them all?
1 2 3 4 5 6
The answer is space. And money. Like recently I hatched 4 really cute coatls from my ice cream coatl pair, and while they were all adorable, none of them had the combo I was hoping for. So off to the auction they go. If I had infinite space, yeah I likely would keep at least two of them. But alas, I do not.
The answer is space. And money. Like recently I hatched 4 really cute coatls from my ice cream coatl pair, and while they were all adorable, none of them had the combo I was hoping for. So off to the auction they go. If I had infinite space, yeah I likely would keep at least two of them. But alas, I do not.
76zQJWq.gifCrlR6L8.gifhErEUVG.gif
LJPlSgH.gifDm3uPgR.gifdXi5w0B.gif
[quote name="BBean" date="2022-08-01 19:11:15" ] [quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2022-08-01 06:51:33" ] ... [/quote] (the only reason I'm even down a few slots is I'm ACTIVELY MINI PURGING MY LAIR [i]literally every single day[/i] but then I hatched a bunch of eggs for the new special IDs ;v;) [/quote] Exactly. I can never hatch or buy any new dragons unless I choose an equivalent number of current dragons to exalt first; I don't have any spare space. So unless I want to own the same 654 dragons forever - and I don't; my playing motto is MOAR BABIES! - someone has to be chosen to be the one(s) to go.
BBean wrote on 2022-08-01 19:11:15:
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2022-08-01 06:51:33:

(the only reason I'm even down a few slots is I'm ACTIVELY MINI PURGING MY LAIR literally every single day

but then I hatched a bunch of eggs for the new special IDs ;v;)

Exactly. I can never hatch or buy any new dragons unless I choose an equivalent number of current dragons to exalt first; I don't have any spare space.

So unless I want to own the same 654 dragons forever - and I don't; my playing motto is MOAR BABIES! - someone has to be chosen to be the one(s) to go.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
I like money and lairspace more than most dragons - and I mostly nest dragons specifically for fodder

If a fodder hatchling is cute, I might try to sell 'em before they're an adult or give 'em away
I like money and lairspace more than most dragons - and I mostly nest dragons specifically for fodder

If a fodder hatchling is cute, I might try to sell 'em before they're an adult or give 'em away
KreseKaleiSign.png

Also visit:
Light Dom Shop
#Unnamedisvalid
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
:looks at my dragon counter: :weeps:

If i want to keep a dragon or 2 that i have acquired in some manner, i sometimes go over my other dragons to see if i still vibe with them. Just yesterday, actually, I decided i loved some kiddos i just hatched and finally decided to get rid of a dragon i'd had for a while and have just stopped particularly liking. I'll be doing more of that too.

(my dragon counter isn't wholly accurate to the amount of my permas, but i do have like...300+ permas. so, still a lot. but i have a crap ton of dragons for sale, too, sooooooooo yah. the only reason i even have so many for sale is because i don't want them exalted and well, you can't keep other people from exalting dragons if they want to.)
:looks at my dragon counter: :weeps:

If i want to keep a dragon or 2 that i have acquired in some manner, i sometimes go over my other dragons to see if i still vibe with them. Just yesterday, actually, I decided i loved some kiddos i just hatched and finally decided to get rid of a dragon i'd had for a while and have just stopped particularly liking. I'll be doing more of that too.

(my dragon counter isn't wholly accurate to the amount of my permas, but i do have like...300+ permas. so, still a lot. but i have a crap ton of dragons for sale, too, sooooooooo yah. the only reason i even have so many for sale is because i don't want them exalted and well, you can't keep other people from exalting dragons if they want to.)
f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
7kXqKFJ.png
*laughs in 200 permas*
*laughs in 200 permas*
Radekee.png
a
a
a
a
a
Survival of the fittest
Made my name as a menace
Broke the rules of the business
From the bottom now I'm biggest

a
a
a
a
a
a
a
I just think of the money and sell them xD
If that still can't help me pry my hands off them then I'd just wait a few weeks and soon they'd be sold because I just have this insane urge of getting rid of stuff and I also have trouble getting attached to dragons unless I invest in them lmao.
If you have money just e x p a n d , my lair has plenty of space for new dragons lol
I just think of the money and sell them xD
If that still can't help me pry my hands off them then I'd just wait a few weeks and soon they'd be sold because I just have this insane urge of getting rid of stuff and I also have trouble getting attached to dragons unless I invest in them lmao.
If you have money just e x p a n d , my lair has plenty of space for new dragons lol
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
My lair size fluctuates a lot, but I do have 60 or so permas I (probably) won't sell. There's always 20ish dragons in my lair that won't stay for more than a few days; they're fodder, and even if they're pretty, I sell or exalt them.
Before I even consider buying a dragon I'll have an outfit (and if necessary, a scry) ready for them.
I also only keep 1-10 gems on me, the rest in my vault, so I often physically can't buy a pretty dragon I see, having to actively take the money out of my vault. That really helps me with preventing impulse-buys - it makes my brain think about the money more, and if I really need that dragon.
My lair size fluctuates a lot, but I do have 60 or so permas I (probably) won't sell. There's always 20ish dragons in my lair that won't stay for more than a few days; they're fodder, and even if they're pretty, I sell or exalt them.
Before I even consider buying a dragon I'll have an outfit (and if necessary, a scry) ready for them.
I also only keep 1-10 gems on me, the rest in my vault, so I often physically can't buy a pretty dragon I see, having to actively take the money out of my vault. That really helps me with preventing impulse-buys - it makes my brain think about the money more, and if I really need that dragon.
23859.png « he/him
« FRT + 9
I would be much less restrained if we had no limits on space. But I am already drowning in permas (400+) and I don't think I need more pain
I would be much less restrained if we had no limits on space. But I am already drowning in permas (400+) and I don't think I need more pain
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Natron" date="2022-08-02 06:57:07" ] I would be much less restrained if we had no limits on space.[/quote] Oh, definitely, so would I. I would never exalt a dragon again! There is no such thing as "enough dragons".
Natron wrote on 2022-08-02 06:57:07:
I would be much less restrained if we had no limits on space.

Oh, definitely, so would I. I would never exalt a dragon again! There is no such thing as "enough dragons".
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
I have a self-imposed "Gen 1's only" rule and exclusively breed fodder to exalt for money.

It's not uncommon for me to hatch a dragon that looks really pretty though. I typically give those a chance on the AH above fodder price before I train and exalt.
I have a self-imposed "Gen 1's only" rule and exclusively breed fodder to exalt for money.

It's not uncommon for me to hatch a dragon that looks really pretty though. I typically give those a chance on the AH above fodder price before I train and exalt.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
1 2 3 4 5 6