Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I buy a pink dragon...
On my phone and then I check Flight Rising on my tablet and the dragon in question is actually purple! I don't know which is the truth and I like em either way but damn, screens wild.
On my phone and then I check Flight Rising on my tablet and the dragon in question is actually purple! I don't know which is the truth and I like em either way but damn, screens wild.
ikr
my screen makes dragons look so bright and shiny compared to other devices
ikr
my screen makes dragons look so bright and shiny compared to other devices
42779-183994797.jpg
1234567890puppyyyyy
Oh I've definitely butchered some fanart when I was younger because my old laptop's screen was sooooo light for some reason, then I check the fanart I made on my home monitor and... ew, it's so dark and oversaturated.

This often makes me question just how odd my art looks to some people using different screens, I'll often put so much effort into picking just the right colors for a drawing but what if no one will even see it the way I intended it to be seen?
Oh I've definitely butchered some fanart when I was younger because my old laptop's screen was sooooo light for some reason, then I check the fanart I made on my home monitor and... ew, it's so dark and oversaturated.

This often makes me question just how odd my art looks to some people using different screens, I'll often put so much effort into picking just the right colors for a drawing but what if no one will even see it the way I intended it to be seen?
ePOliyb.png8VNo9V1.pngBzjAkuF.png
artist | programmer | retro nerd

Cool draggos: KyarCrossFelony

{ Hi! I'm Mr. Ocelittle! See my wishlist! )
ifGjLLQ.png
I have accepted the fact that only my laptop has the True:tm: display, plus nowadays my new phone as well as it's a high-quality screen, while everything else cannot and must not be trusted. Yes, I do have to keep in mind my blue light filter and my Intel GPU adjustments of the screen for a better drawing experience, but other than that, I can really only rely on those two screens and nothing else. I have had to use different devices while my laptop was either waiting for parts of was getting cleaned, and when I saw what my dragons looked like on different screens, I wanted to cry. Some of them who weren't dressed I almost couldn't recognise. Some of them were so vibrant that their lineart was invisible
I have accepted the fact that only my laptop has the True:tm: display, plus nowadays my new phone as well as it's a high-quality screen, while everything else cannot and must not be trusted. Yes, I do have to keep in mind my blue light filter and my Intel GPU adjustments of the screen for a better drawing experience, but other than that, I can really only rely on those two screens and nothing else. I have had to use different devices while my laptop was either waiting for parts of was getting cleaned, and when I saw what my dragons looked like on different screens, I wanted to cry. Some of them who weren't dressed I almost couldn't recognise. Some of them were so vibrant that their lineart was invisible
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
reminds me of how I played on a device for a short time that washed out colors badly and made mega pastel colors like ivory pistachio mist ice maize etc, all pure white or near white in the color selection lists and dragon bios so instead of this it looked like > that [img]https://i.imgur.com/agg3Usc.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/92QQrOE.png[/img]
reminds me of how I played on a device for a short time that washed out colors badly and made mega pastel colors like ivory pistachio mist ice maize etc, all pure white or near white in the color selection lists and dragon bios
so instead of this it looked like > that
agg3Usc.png92QQrOE.png
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
[quote name="TheHunterZ" date="2022-07-13 11:29:59" ] Oh I've definitely butchered some fanart when I was younger because my old laptop's screen was sooooo light for some reason, then I check the fanart I made on my home monitor and... ew, it's so dark and oversaturated. This often makes me question just how odd my art looks to some people using different screens, I'll often put so much effort into picking just the right colors for a drawing but what if no one will even see it the way I intended it to be seen? [/quote] Same, a long time ago i had a privacy screen on my phone and it turns out it was tinted a little darker… so all the art i made on that phone ended up being brighter than the actual colors For [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/25697224]example…[/url] [size=1] keep in mind this art is VERY old. Like, made for him right when he grew up-old
TheHunterZ wrote on 2022-07-13 11:29:59:

Same, a long time ago i had a privacy screen on my phone and it turns out it was tinted a little darker… so all the art i made on that phone ended up being brighter than the actual colors
For example…

keep in mind this art is VERY old. Like, made for him right when he grew up-old
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="Kapow" date="2022-07-13 12:17:00" ] reminds me of how I played on a device for a short time that washed out colors badly and made mega pastel colors like ivory pistachio mist ice maize etc, all pure white or near white in the color selection lists and dragon bios so instead of this it looked like > that [img]https://i.imgur.com/agg3Usc.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/92QQrOE.png[/img] [/quote] turn all your dragons into triples with this 1 easy trick
Kapow wrote on 2022-07-13 12:17:00:
reminds me of how I played on a device for a short time that washed out colors badly and made mega pastel colors like ivory pistachio mist ice maize etc, all pure white or near white in the color selection lists and dragon bios
so instead of this it looked like > that
agg3Usc.png92QQrOE.png

turn all your dragons into triples with this 1 easy trick
left star border ARCY • SHE/HER • FRT+3
avatar dragon | projects | wishlist | skin shop
right star border nonAp0O.png
@BlackPunkBird! you can pull up the dragon details and check the colors displayed on their little profile thing next to the genes :D that way you can kinda know if something is pink or purple.
@BlackPunkBird! you can pull up the dragon details and check the colors displayed on their little profile thing next to the genes :D that way you can kinda know if something is pink or purple.
.___tumblr_oe2t3xrAsk1v967l3o2_100.png
tumblr_nr4pdbmimT1scno6po7_400.png

glory to the dreamers!

maya. | they/she | 21

star wars, stardew, and zombie media enjoyer.
i also love mythology and folktales of any kind!

tumblr_nr4pdbmimT1scno6po7_400.png
tumblr_oe2tmuOXyB1v967l3o4_100.png
One of my OCs has a lot of royal purple in her colour palette, and on my old phone's screen it all looked fuschia and that bothered me so much that it actually helped me remember my phone screen's colour balance was messed up.
One of my OCs has a lot of royal purple in her colour palette, and on my old phone's screen it all looked fuschia and that bothered me so much that it actually helped me remember my phone screen's colour balance was messed up.
c64qslB.png iejIbGt.png 7nuk9Ck.png
I do believe I have my saturation/contrast up and I've changed a few things on my monitor color display for.... gaming... so I can only imagine what the true colors are
I do believe I have my saturation/contrast up and I've changed a few things on my monitor color display for.... gaming... so I can only imagine what the true colors are
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png