Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 9th Anniversary - Lair Location Glow-Up
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
I absolutely despise this change. My banner lost all of its charm, and the background did as well. Please allow us to change it back, thank you. You would think after all the years of backlash and flak you would have learned to stop forcing features without giving people an opt-out, but here we are.
I absolutely despise this change. My banner lost all of its charm, and the background did as well. Please allow us to change it back, thank you. You would think after all the years of backlash and flak you would have learned to stop forcing features without giving people an opt-out, but here we are.
b63KsDf.png
[quote name="LauraLacework" date="2022-06-11 19:13:42" ] You keep changing things that don't need changed. Like the added extra windows for hoards we never needed. Stop updating things that arent broken. This is so stupid and ridiculously unneeded. [/quote] This with the additional nuance that we are doing changes like this instead of the ones that actually matter; like accessibility. It's funny how I was run off of this website because I would not be quiet about the rampant unchecked ableism in this community and from the staff, and every time I make the mistake of signing back in, I just am reminded exactly why I left. Nobody can get any meaningful changes made because any time someone challenges the ignorance and discrimination behind the user-hostile & disabled-persons-hostile choices made behind the development, they get blackmailed into silence or erased. edit: [quote name="MosswoodMystic" date="2022-06-14 05:59:02" ] I absolutely despise this change. My banner lost all of its charm, and the background did as well. Please allow us to change it back, thank you. You would think after all the years of backlash and flak you would have learned to stop forcing features without giving people an opt-out, but here we are. [/quote] Yeah that, too. [quote name="vysearcadia" date="2022-06-13 22:35:18" ] Genuine question, do you like any updates to this site? You seem really upset when things change judging by your post history, and I bet the staff would really like to hear your opinions in Suggestions forum since you have a radically different opinion from their implementation and the general opinion of the community at large. It could help them get an idea of what hurts others' experience. [/quote] You condescension is laughable, petty, and unneeded. [quote name="Arcadaline" date="2022-06-12 02:29:42" ] [quote name="LauraLacework" date="2022-06-11 19:13:42" ] You keep changing things that don't need changed. Like the added extra windows for hoards we never needed. Stop updating things that arent broken. This is so stupid and ridiculously unneeded. [/quote] Even if you personally saw no need in an update, the hoard update particuarly was [i]hugely[/i] appreciated and long overdue for many. Sure, new features are nice, but improvement of the ones currently existing I would argue is far more important. Quality, not quantity. An art update, although seemingly meaningless I think is also important. Having the old art that was there for years made the site look kinda stuck in the past, and changing the art demonstrates this site isn't just adding stuff to an original model, but is actively building and updating the site, adapting it to a larger scope for its modern approach. Im bad at explaining haha but I hope that made some sense. I understand if you liked the old art, but I'd say this update isn't uneeded. [/quote] Or, you know, and here's a thought. We can use our resources to actually address the accessibility issues which have completely alienated disabled people for 9 years.
LauraLacework wrote on 2022-06-11 19:13:42:
You keep changing things that don't need changed. Like the added extra windows for hoards we never needed. Stop updating things that arent broken. This is so stupid and ridiculously unneeded.
This with the additional nuance that we are doing changes like this instead of the ones that actually matter; like accessibility.

It's funny how I was run off of this website because I would not be quiet about the rampant unchecked ableism in this community and from the staff, and every time I make the mistake of signing back in, I just am reminded exactly why I left.

Nobody can get any meaningful changes made because any time someone challenges the ignorance and discrimination behind the user-hostile & disabled-persons-hostile choices made behind the development, they get blackmailed into silence or erased.

edit:
MosswoodMystic wrote on 2022-06-14 05:59:02:

Yeah that, too.
vysearcadia wrote on 2022-06-13 22:35:18:
Genuine question, do you like any updates to this site? You seem really upset when things change judging by your post history, and I bet the staff would really like to hear your opinions in Suggestions forum since you have a radically different opinion from their implementation and the general opinion of the community at large. It could help them get an idea of what hurts others' experience.

You condescension is laughable, petty, and unneeded.
Arcadaline wrote on 2022-06-12 02:29:42:
LauraLacework wrote on 2022-06-11 19:13:42:
You keep changing things that don't need changed. Like the added extra windows for hoards we never needed. Stop updating things that arent broken. This is so stupid and ridiculously unneeded.

Even if you personally saw no need in an update, the hoard update particuarly was hugely appreciated and long overdue for many. Sure, new features are nice, but improvement of the ones currently existing I would argue is far more important. Quality, not quantity. An art update, although seemingly meaningless I think is also important. Having the old art that was there for years made the site look kinda stuck in the past, and changing the art demonstrates this site isn't just adding stuff to an original model, but is actively building and updating the site, adapting it to a larger scope for its modern approach. Im bad at explaining haha but I hope that made some sense. I understand if you liked the old art, but I'd say this update isn't uneeded.

Or, you know, and here's a thought. We can use our resources to actually address the accessibility issues which have completely alienated disabled people for 9 years.
ikhT59F.gif NN9NPXA.pnglpuhiUf.png
z6T37Eh.pngiKLw7Zm.png
kCHWEjf.pngOBrKa68.png
AaYNmEX.pngMHHKqsF.png
3Atxu83.pngV3cpf29.png
FJPvoaD.gif Ml9OaAo.png
@PrinceEridan there is no indication that vysearcadia was being condescending, intentionally or otherwise, unless you know them better than just from that one post. from what they wrote, it seems they merely asked a question and made an honest suggestion, and there's nothing to imply ill intent or insult. on the topic of this update; consider that they have people working on other things than just art updates, and while they work on things under the hood, which may include features you're looking for, they are providing an update to their creation that they felt would make it feel more cohesive visually. some of the players may morn the loss of old aesthetics, but it doesn't make their choice for their creation wrong, and with enough people asking to bring it back as an option there's a possibility that they might. progress may be slow on the things you want to see happen, but things are happening behind the scenes, don't you worry. in the mean time, be considerate, and make it known what you'd like to see from them. on that note, what accessibility options are you hoping to see implemented, if I may ask? [emoji=aberration happy size=2]
@PrinceEridan there is no indication that vysearcadia was being condescending, intentionally or otherwise, unless you know them better than just from that one post. from what they wrote, it seems they merely asked a question and made an honest suggestion, and there's nothing to imply ill intent or insult.

on the topic of this update;
consider that they have people working on other things than just art updates, and while they work on things under the hood, which may include features you're looking for, they are providing an update to their creation that they felt would make it feel more cohesive visually. some of the players may morn the loss of old aesthetics, but it doesn't make their choice for their creation wrong, and with enough people asking to bring it back as an option there's a possibility that they might.
progress may be slow on the things you want to see happen, but things are happening behind the scenes, don't you worry. in the mean time, be considerate, and make it known what you'd like to see from them.

on that note, what accessibility options are you hoping to see implemented, if I may ask?
CAKE? WHAT CAKE?

.|\.^./|.
«'6.=.6'»
'" ^ "'
@PrinceEridan
what elements in the community/staff are abelist, if i may ask? not challenging an argument or anything, genuinely would like to know
@PrinceEridan
what elements in the community/staff are abelist, if i may ask? not challenging an argument or anything, genuinely would like to know
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
@PrinceEridan i agree that the site doesnt function well for people with various disabilities, but i dont think that's a point of ableism for the staff - but they have people working on different aspects of the site all the time. it's not just every employee working on art or on clothing or on breeds, some updates are quicker than others.

that's like asking why NASA wastes money/time on rockets when those scientists who know nothing about medicine could be curing cancer.

@novakinn not ableism in the staff but the main complaints ive seen over the past 4+ years that ive played that numerous disabled players have asked for work on: the captcha for arena (which was made WORSE and is hard to navigate even if you dont have a physical disability), click based familiar bonding, text font/size, lack of dark mode/alternate viewing modes, the lack of a decent app, etc

as far as the community, genuinely there is a lot of ableism on this site from other players - whenever disabled players bring up changes that could impact gameplay in a way that would make it easier for them, there's almost always a flood of able-bodied people chiming in about how it would impact the market or THEIR gameplay because that matters more than making sure pivotal parts of the site are actually accessible to all players

which some of the issues are related to the way the site is coded i gather, so they have to finish rebuilding the site before they can properly address the numerous issues such as dark mode, but the other ones such as captcha and familiar bonding have had prominent and continuous requests since i started playing 2018
@PrinceEridan i agree that the site doesnt function well for people with various disabilities, but i dont think that's a point of ableism for the staff - but they have people working on different aspects of the site all the time. it's not just every employee working on art or on clothing or on breeds, some updates are quicker than others.

that's like asking why NASA wastes money/time on rockets when those scientists who know nothing about medicine could be curing cancer.

@novakinn not ableism in the staff but the main complaints ive seen over the past 4+ years that ive played that numerous disabled players have asked for work on: the captcha for arena (which was made WORSE and is hard to navigate even if you dont have a physical disability), click based familiar bonding, text font/size, lack of dark mode/alternate viewing modes, the lack of a decent app, etc

as far as the community, genuinely there is a lot of ableism on this site from other players - whenever disabled players bring up changes that could impact gameplay in a way that would make it easier for them, there's almost always a flood of able-bodied people chiming in about how it would impact the market or THEIR gameplay because that matters more than making sure pivotal parts of the site are actually accessible to all players

which some of the issues are related to the way the site is coded i gather, so they have to finish rebuilding the site before they can properly address the numerous issues such as dark mode, but the other ones such as captcha and familiar bonding have had prominent and continuous requests since i started playing 2018
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-06-14 10:15:35" ] @novakinn not ableism in the staff but the main complaints ive seen over the past 4+ years that ive played that numerous disabled players have asked for work on: the captcha for arena (which was made WORSE and is hard to navigate even if you dont have a physical disability), click based familiar bonding, text font/size, lack of dark mode/alternate viewing modes, the lack of a decent app, etc as far as the community, genuinely there is a lot of ableism on this site from other players - whenever disabled players bring up changes that could impact gameplay in a way that would make it easier for them, there's almost always a flood of able-bodied people chiming in about how it would impact the market or THEIR gameplay because that matters more than making sure pivotal parts of the site are actually accessible to all players which some of the issues are related to the way the site is coded i gather, so they have to finish rebuilding the site before they can properly address the numerous issues such as dark mode, but the other ones such as captcha and familiar bonding have had prominent and continuous requests since i started playing 2018 [/quote] oh ok that makes sense then, i am able-bodied but i do agree with complaints of coli captcha, darkmode, fontsizing, and familiar-clicking [mostly because my computer is slow to load new pages sometimes.] but it's ridiculous that people would be offended by these changes for "impacting gameplay" or "changing the market" [whatever that 2nd excuse could mean.] like i'm pretty sure if all those features were added they would be optional and not change any meta whatsoever lmao. i don't lurk around in the suggestions forums that much so i rarely see this nasty side of the site
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-06-14 10:15:35:

oh ok that makes sense then, i am able-bodied but i do agree with complaints of coli captcha, darkmode, fontsizing, and familiar-clicking [mostly because my computer is slow to load new pages sometimes.]

but it's ridiculous that people would be offended by these changes for "impacting gameplay" or "changing the market" [whatever that 2nd excuse could mean.] like i'm pretty sure if all those features were added they would be optional and not change any meta whatsoever lmao. i don't lurk around in the suggestions forums that much so i rarely see this nasty side of the site
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
[quote name="MosswoodMystic" date="2022-06-14 05:59:02" ] I absolutely despise this change. My banner lost all of its charm, and the background did as well. Please allow us to change it back, thank you. You would think after all the years of backlash and flak you would have learned to stop forcing features without giving people an opt-out, but here we are. [/quote] @mosswoodmystic do you understand how many toggle buttons fr would have if every update had a toggle? change happens
MosswoodMystic wrote on 2022-06-14 05:59:02:
@mosswoodmystic do you understand how many toggle buttons fr would have if every update had a toggle? change happens
I know I've been only on this site for a full year and 3 months, but Happy 9th Anniversary!! :D
I know I've been only on this site for a full year and 3 months, but Happy 9th Anniversary!! :D
KnBT5EI.pngZNSDwyc.pngpE24Fmm.pngX5ekQr4.pngcrSnkn7.png
cWwJJdM.gif
b_85x85_by_x_luna_silverwolf_x-dccal3i.png
[quote name="novakinn" date="2022-06-14 10:32:16" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-06-14 10:15:35" ] @novakinn not ableism in the staff but the main complaints ive seen over the past 4+ years that ive played that numerous disabled players have asked for work on: the captcha for arena (which was made WORSE and is hard to navigate even if you dont have a physical disability), click based familiar bonding, text font/size, lack of dark mode/alternate viewing modes, the lack of a decent app, etc as far as the community, genuinely there is a lot of ableism on this site from other players - whenever disabled players bring up changes that could impact gameplay in a way that would make it easier for them, there's almost always a flood of able-bodied people chiming in about how it would impact the market or THEIR gameplay because that matters more than making sure pivotal parts of the site are actually accessible to all players which some of the issues are related to the way the site is coded i gather, so they have to finish rebuilding the site before they can properly address the numerous issues such as dark mode, but the other ones such as captcha and familiar bonding have had prominent and continuous requests since i started playing 2018 [/quote] oh ok that makes sense then, i am able-bodied but i do agree with complaints of coli captcha, darkmode, fontsizing, and familiar-clicking [mostly because my computer is slow to load new pages sometimes.] but it's ridiculous that people would be offended by these changes for "impacting gameplay" or "changing the market" [whatever that 2nd excuse could mean.] like i'm pretty sure if all those features were added they would be optional and not change any meta whatsoever lmao. i don't lurk around in the suggestions forums that much so i rarely see this nasty side of the site [/quote] @novakinn re: the changing the market thing - there's a vocal group of players that think if you make a bond all button for familiar bonding it'll tank the treasure market because it'll give people instant (and potentially large amounts of) treasure instead of having to click through every dragon for it, they use the example of max main lair players with fully bonded familiars as a gotcha but that's a small minority of users in the long run but numerous people with mobility/joint/coordination issues and other disabilities have explained in their own ways how it's difficult for them to manage individual bonding - the repetitive motion of [i]right arrow, click, enter[/i] for instance is brought up as a joint lock cause for some people. edit: sorry for the long delay between replies, i was at work ;w;"
novakinn wrote on 2022-06-14 10:32:16:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-06-14 10:15:35:

oh ok that makes sense then, i am able-bodied but i do agree with complaints of coli captcha, darkmode, fontsizing, and familiar-clicking [mostly because my computer is slow to load new pages sometimes.]

but it's ridiculous that people would be offended by these changes for "impacting gameplay" or "changing the market" [whatever that 2nd excuse could mean.] like i'm pretty sure if all those features were added they would be optional and not change any meta whatsoever lmao. i don't lurk around in the suggestions forums that much so i rarely see this nasty side of the site

@novakinn re: the changing the market thing - there's a vocal group of players that think if you make a bond all button for familiar bonding it'll tank the treasure market because it'll give people instant (and potentially large amounts of) treasure instead of having to click through every dragon for it, they use the example of max main lair players with fully bonded familiars as a gotcha but that's a small minority of users in the long run

but numerous people with mobility/joint/coordination issues and other disabilities have explained in their own ways how it's difficult for them to manage individual bonding - the repetitive motion of right arrow, click, enter for instance is brought up as a joint lock cause for some people.

edit: sorry for the long delay between replies, i was at work ;w;"
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
happy anniversary everyone!!! [emoji=obelisk star size=2]
happy anniversary everyone!!!
20000127.png dd642e16bf2e7e782e9bcd797b5490e7df946cd5.png
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81