Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Use multiple of one digsite tool
I think digging would be less of a hassle if the ability to use multiple of one tool at a time was to be introduced.

say if you could select using 1-5 magnifying glasses on one plot and have to wait out the appropriate time for all of the magnifying glasses, without having to check in and set up a new one every ten minutes.
I mainly dislike how you need to check in every 15 minutes in order to keep everything going, I would like to be able to leave things for a little bit longer
I don't think you should be able to select a massive amount of tools and fill out a bunch of plots in one go, but I do think being able to select five-ish max would be nice to spread out the 10min check-ins into 50min check-ins
I think digging would be less of a hassle if the ability to use multiple of one tool at a time was to be introduced.

say if you could select using 1-5 magnifying glasses on one plot and have to wait out the appropriate time for all of the magnifying glasses, without having to check in and set up a new one every ten minutes.
I mainly dislike how you need to check in every 15 minutes in order to keep everything going, I would like to be able to leave things for a little bit longer
I don't think you should be able to select a massive amount of tools and fill out a bunch of plots in one go, but I do think being able to select five-ish max would be nice to spread out the 10min check-ins into 50min check-ins
Like Baldwin, this is designed to get you to log in on a regular basis to generate ad revenue.
Like Baldwin, this is designed to get you to log in on a regular basis to generate ad revenue.
I understand it would like you to log in on a regular basis, but Baldwin has more options available that take different amounts of time to complete depending on what you choose to make. If I'm unable to consistently log in every ten minutes to collect what was created I can still gain my EXP through creating something that takes longer. I suggested the five maximum limit because that means you can't just leave it running idly for the entire day, you'd still have to come back and re-do it in an hour and fifteen mins tops
I understand it would like you to log in on a regular basis, but Baldwin has more options available that take different amounts of time to complete depending on what you choose to make. If I'm unable to consistently log in every ten minutes to collect what was created I can still gain my EXP through creating something that takes longer. I suggested the five maximum limit because that means you can't just leave it running idly for the entire day, you'd still have to come back and re-do it in an hour and fifteen mins tops
To be fair, with Baldwin, you're already returning every 30 minutes to break down materials just to make those longer crafts, not to mention if it requires gathering materials. Granted, those turns are immediate but I digress. My point is that it's not equivalent in the least. Even if you buy Baldwin materials, that work was put in somewhere. Someone did the checking in even if you didn't. It's not the same case with Arlo because you didn't return several times to get to a point to do a longer return.
To be fair, with Baldwin, you're already returning every 30 minutes to break down materials just to make those longer crafts, not to mention if it requires gathering materials. Granted, those turns are immediate but I digress. My point is that it's not equivalent in the least. Even if you buy Baldwin materials, that work was put in somewhere. Someone did the checking in even if you didn't. It's not the same case with Arlo because you didn't return several times to get to a point to do a longer return.
Ok, I've been playing with Arlo for a while, and I have to say, while I understand his purpose is to drive traffic to view adds. It is a rather.... difficult feature to interact with. These are what my stats look like: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/sFpvQBH.png[/img][/center] I've maxed again, much faster than expected, actually, and that was before even half of the new plots were uncovered. Is it possible to at some point, stack multiple of a given item. Perhaps, no more than 4 pickaxes or 5 magnifying glasses for an increased timer? I currently have 369 Pickaxes and 420 Magnifying glasses with more coming in every day. I am never going to use them down at the rate they come in. If the goal is to prevent "abuse", then could the timer just be especially punitive? I could click for rugged work 4 times in a row, and take an hour. But if I chose the 5-in a row option. I'm locked out for 3 hours while it works. That would prevent people who want to quickly work their plots for profit from abusing it, but it would let me and probably others get their plots done some manner for full completion. Over the 18 plots in the new digsit the average amount of tiles per plot is: 37 (25, 40, 50, 25, 40, 50, 40, 25, 50, 25, 25, 50, 40, 25, 50, 25, 25, 50) For example, a plot has 10 x 4 tiles on it. 40*10 = 400 minutes / 6.7 hours to uncover with flat magnifying glasses. But if I could load 5 magnifying glasses on it, with a 3 hour wait for each 5, that would take me ages longer, so not "devalue" the gene, but I'd be able to focus and use up my stores. 40/5 = 8 sessions @ 3 hours each = 24 hours to fully uncover (so, realistically, actually at least [b]48 hours because sleep[/b] if you were really good at timing). I think that's a fair trade for the arguable "convenience" of being able to focus on one plot and use up my tool stores and actually interact with the item at the same once or twice a day rate that I would anyway and make some decent headway, and people who can actively check this thing on the dot. Even if the option is limited to rugged work only, that'd still be very acceptable to me. That or let me hoardsell or trade the things, because it's a growing pile of items that I can't effectively work with, regardless.
Ok, I've been playing with Arlo for a while, and I have to say, while I understand his purpose is to drive traffic to view adds. It is a rather.... difficult feature to interact with. These are what my stats look like:
sFpvQBH.png

I've maxed again, much faster than expected, actually, and that was before even half of the new plots were uncovered.

Is it possible to at some point, stack multiple of a given item. Perhaps, no more than 4 pickaxes or 5 magnifying glasses for an increased timer?

I currently have 369 Pickaxes and 420 Magnifying glasses with more coming in every day. I am never going to use them down at the rate they come in.

If the goal is to prevent "abuse", then could the timer just be especially punitive?

I could click for rugged work 4 times in a row, and take an hour. But if I chose the 5-in a row option. I'm locked out for 3 hours while it works. That would prevent people who want to quickly work their plots for profit from abusing it, but it would let me and probably others get their plots done some manner for full completion.

Over the 18 plots in the new digsit the average amount of tiles per plot is: 37
(25, 40, 50, 25, 40, 50, 40, 25, 50, 25, 25, 50, 40, 25, 50, 25, 25, 50)

For example, a plot has 10 x 4 tiles on it. 40*10 = 400 minutes / 6.7 hours to uncover with flat magnifying glasses. But if I could load 5 magnifying glasses on it, with a 3 hour wait for each 5, that would take me ages longer, so not "devalue" the gene, but I'd be able to focus and use up my stores. 40/5 = 8 sessions @ 3 hours each = 24 hours to fully uncover (so, realistically, actually at least 48 hours because sleep if you were really good at timing).

I think that's a fair trade for the arguable "convenience" of being able to focus on one plot and use up my tool stores and actually interact with the item at the same once or twice a day rate that I would anyway and make some decent headway, and people who can actively check this thing on the dot. Even if the option is limited to rugged work only, that'd still be very acceptable to me.

That or let me hoardsell or trade the things, because it's a growing pile of items that I can't effectively work with, regardless.

Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Personally I would prefer this. Maybe there's be a limit to how many to still encourage log-in time, but I'd rather not spend my whole day logging in every 10-15 minutes to get the most out of my excavations.
Personally I would prefer this. Maybe there's be a limit to how many to still encourage log-in time, but I'd rather not spend my whole day logging in every 10-15 minutes to get the most out of my excavations.
Oh yes, I support this!
At least 3 at a time would be really nice if 5 is too much to ask for.
Oh yes, I support this!
At least 3 at a time would be really nice if 5 is too much to ask for.
3adgzZD.pnggE96VFA.pngGJVtuPg.png
GIQnAA5.pngSM9WJh6.pngAMyO6Hf.png
Many games have systems where if you do 1 at a time it takes like, 5 minutes, but doing 5 at a time takes 30-50 minutes. It's not like I'm ever going to be logging in every 15 minutes just to do the digsite, and it even sometimes makes it so that I don't bother logging on twice a day. Every hour though I would definitely log in again and do it and other dailies. By spacing it out, they'd probably get more visitors.
Many games have systems where if you do 1 at a time it takes like, 5 minutes, but doing 5 at a time takes 30-50 minutes. It's not like I'm ever going to be logging in every 15 minutes just to do the digsite, and it even sometimes makes it so that I don't bother logging on twice a day. Every hour though I would definitely log in again and do it and other dailies. By spacing it out, they'd probably get more visitors.
Alice She/Her ^-^ | yHHm1dP.png