Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tell me something--
1 2 3 4
my lair's main lore is about a retreat/getaway type of place in the sunbeam ruins but i'm also thinking about making a new section of lore just about this huge haunted library somewhere on the border between light and shadow (or maybe just somewhere in shadow, i haven't decided just yet). i haven't really talked about it much and the dragons i plan to add to it aren't completed yet but i think its cool :)
my lair's main lore is about a retreat/getaway type of place in the sunbeam ruins but i'm also thinking about making a new section of lore just about this huge haunted library somewhere on the border between light and shadow (or maybe just somewhere in shadow, i haven't decided just yet). i haven't really talked about it much and the dragons i plan to add to it aren't completed yet but i think its cool :)
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
My username is a band's name. I don't even listen to them anymore really. I think I stopped listening to them like 3 months after I made my account. RIP. I just find it incredibly hilarious. I don't think I've come across anyone who has been like "I LOVE THEM TOO!" so there's never been a moment for me to be like, "Ehhh, they're okay" and have the irony just kill the vibe.

I have this thing with two dragons in my lair that they are basically my account's theme. The two dragons in my signature, are also represented in my Avatar and Vista. Their names are Gear and Lyonell. Lyonell is my avatar, and my vista has Gears in it. There's also smaller things like using the Gear emoji for stuff and using Gold, Green, and Black often. I wouldn't expect anyone to know, but boy I love pointing it out.

Despite being my avatar, Lyonell isn't my favourite, nor do I think he represents my lair the best, nor do I think he's the coolest looking dragon I have. No hate on the guy, but just weird to me about my choice.

As for my lore, I wanted to express some cool things about it, but then I remembered I'm not actually done with 99% of it, so it's not fair to be like "no one noticed!" How are they supposed to when it's all in your head and not on the page?
My username is a band's name. I don't even listen to them anymore really. I think I stopped listening to them like 3 months after I made my account. RIP. I just find it incredibly hilarious. I don't think I've come across anyone who has been like "I LOVE THEM TOO!" so there's never been a moment for me to be like, "Ehhh, they're okay" and have the irony just kill the vibe.

I have this thing with two dragons in my lair that they are basically my account's theme. The two dragons in my signature, are also represented in my Avatar and Vista. Their names are Gear and Lyonell. Lyonell is my avatar, and my vista has Gears in it. There's also smaller things like using the Gear emoji for stuff and using Gold, Green, and Black often. I wouldn't expect anyone to know, but boy I love pointing it out.

Despite being my avatar, Lyonell isn't my favourite, nor do I think he represents my lair the best, nor do I think he's the coolest looking dragon I have. No hate on the guy, but just weird to me about my choice.

As for my lore, I wanted to express some cool things about it, but then I remembered I'm not actually done with 99% of it, so it's not fair to be like "no one noticed!" How are they supposed to when it's all in your head and not on the page?
tumblr_inline_npp8nyFo5N1r0g4u9_540.png X tumblr_inline_nppef4YToG1r0g4u9_540.png
X
I've ordered a lot of pixel book adopts for my lore dragons specifically so I can decorate little pixel bookshelves in my dragons' bios and link to their friends. Eirig has one of my favorites. I still need to get a lot more books for the rest of my lore dragons, but I've got all of them linked here!
I've ordered a lot of pixel book adopts for my lore dragons specifically so I can decorate little pixel bookshelves in my dragons' bios and link to their friends. Eirig has one of my favorites. I still need to get a lot more books for the rest of my lore dragons, but I've got all of them linked here!
vDhkKOl.png | TheGoldDragon
#177402 | FR + 2 | he/they/ey
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Wishlist | Apparel Trading
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
My clan's disorganized to heck and back, but one thing is certain. With over 200 dragons, they need a "speaking piece" to keep order. Nobody talks without it. If you talk without holding it, you get ignored. If you get too salty at the meeting, you get kicked out. And You have to clean garbage from most of the cave which NOBODY wants to do. So what is the item in question you ask? The sopping tidelord doll of course! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/488.png[/img]
My clan's disorganized to heck and back, but one thing is certain.

With over 200 dragons, they need a "speaking piece" to keep order. Nobody talks without it. If you talk without holding it, you get ignored.

If you get too salty at the meeting, you get kicked out. And You have to clean garbage from most of the cave which NOBODY wants to do.

So what is the item in question you ask? The sopping tidelord doll of course!
488.png
czvyLcs.png I can't believe it.. I'm on a forum signature!!!!
I feel like I"m a master at a really cool avatar
I feel like I"m a master at a really cool avatar
Lightning Runestone
I really like my little integrations between subspecies lore and my other dragons.

I have a pair of Stormdancers, a Lightning subspecies, and I have a third "stormdancer" who isn't. A few of my other dragons have lore referencing my personal subspecies, Jewelry Box Fae.
I really like my little integrations between subspecies lore and my other dragons.

I have a pair of Stormdancers, a Lightning subspecies, and I have a third "stormdancer" who isn't. A few of my other dragons have lore referencing my personal subspecies, Jewelry Box Fae.
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
My lore is actually fully fleshed out and completed. Only in my brain though.
My lore is actually fully fleshed out and completed. Only in my brain though.
Please ping me if you are replying to me. This can be done by adding an @ to my name in the quote’s code.

I *was* going to have an art shop, but my tablet broke. Yay.
[quote name="TURBOVICE" date="2022-05-06 15:18:49" ] Well recently I've deleted most lore because I now want to have an Arcane Cosmic Horror (TM) aesthetic, but for the longest time I've always wanted to have multiple lairs in different flights. It's the entire reason my original lore was a mess, because I had "Ice and Water aligned Arcane clan" going for me. I still haven't reworked my clan bio, so it's still there, but I'll C/P here. [quote name=OG Lair] [columns][b][size=5]Ice and Water aligned Arcane clan that rests in the deep caves and high cliffs of Crystalspine.[/size][/b][nextcol][emoji=arcane rune][emoji=ice rune][emoji=water rune][/columns] [size=4]Prophets rest in the dark pools underground, predicting the next age of destruction as magic toils and squirms within the cold mineral water. Protectors of cursed artifacts and creatures lie in front of vaults far, far underground. Scholars study in the shallow caves within the mountains, scribing on sheets of parchment. The spread out clan has secrets that only go deeper as you wander further into their caves. Dare you enter the yawning maw of the grotto? Or shall you stay safely outside and find a place to stay elsewhere, in a place where the caves don't whisper and the cliffs don't howl? Make a choice, and stick with it. You might just make the wrong one.[/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/world-map?pinx=790&piny=1804&view=land&viewpin=true]See the lonely clan's location here.[/url] [/quote] But yes, if FR allowed multiple clans to a single account, I would pay [i]money[/i] to have that. Not to mention, a ton of characters I make don't look like they should reside where the clan is, or don't take part of a community at all. /: [rule] @/Niceless Hey wait I literally rummaged through your lair and read as much as I could the moment you friended me (I'm not a stalker, I swear, I just immediately and excitedly hyperfixate on new people). I saw the organization thing and felt so, SO envious that someone could not only stay as close to canon as possible, but just?! Be organized??!! Like, that's something you can actually accomplish and now I want to as well????? [size=2]Also how the bees are you on every thread I click on?[/size] [/quote] Okay but I feel that hyperfixation on a spiritual level. I friend someone and then I see them on the forums and go "MUST REPLY NOW". Also :D thank you! Just last night I went through to get all of my dragons' custom bios set up and their titles and whatnot, took me hours but it felt amazing when I was done.
TURBOVICE wrote on 2022-05-06 15:18:49:
Well recently I've deleted most lore because I now want to have an Arcane Cosmic Horror (TM) aesthetic, but for the longest time I've always wanted to have multiple lairs in different flights. It's the entire reason my original lore was a mess, because I had "Ice and Water aligned Arcane clan" going for me. I still haven't reworked my clan bio, so it's still there, but I'll C/P here.
OG wrote:
Ice and Water aligned Arcane clan that rests in the deep caves and high cliffs of Crystalspine.
Prophets rest in the dark pools underground, predicting the next age of destruction as magic toils and squirms within the cold mineral water. Protectors of cursed artifacts and creatures lie in front of vaults far, far underground. Scholars study in the shallow caves within the mountains, scribing on sheets of parchment. The spread out clan has secrets that only go deeper as you wander further into their caves. Dare you enter the yawning maw of the grotto? Or shall you stay safely outside and find a place to stay elsewhere, in a place where the caves don't whisper and the cliffs don't howl? Make a choice, and stick with it. You might just make the wrong one.

See the lonely clan's location here.
But yes, if FR allowed multiple clans to a single account, I would pay money to have that. Not to mention, a ton of characters I make don't look like they should reside where the clan is, or don't take part of a community at all. /:
@/Niceless Hey wait I literally rummaged through your lair and read as much as I could the moment you friended me (I'm not a stalker, I swear, I just immediately and excitedly hyperfixate on new people). I saw the organization thing and felt so, SO envious that someone could not only stay as close to canon as possible, but just?! Be organized??!! Like, that's something you can actually accomplish and now I want to as well?????
Also how the bees are you on every thread I click on?
Okay but I feel that hyperfixation on a spiritual level. I friend someone and then I see them on the forums and go "MUST REPLY NOW". Also :D thank you! Just last night I went through to get all of my dragons' custom bios set up and their titles and whatnot, took me hours but it felt amazing when I was done.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
Originally I came to this thread just so I could say "something" and then leave.

But now I actually want to contribute... What I like is that I was able to connect my current (*cough* unfinished) lore to my (also unfinished) old lore after I did a purge
Originally I came to this thread just so I could say "something" and then leave.

But now I actually want to contribute... What I like is that I was able to connect my current (*cough* unfinished) lore to my (also unfinished) old lore after I did a purge
124.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR time + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifThey/Them
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Hoarder
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRightside is clickable →

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifODP Hatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifLair Purge
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifUMs for sale
[quote name="@Orbeez" date="2022-05-06 16:39:20" ] I'm still hoping that someday, someone will come up with a good outfit for this guy. I want him to be a ship navigator but I can't seem to make anything other than "generic sailor/pirate" outfits T-T [/quote] Idk if it helps but these are my helmsman and lookout from my pirate crew: [outfit=1470881] [outfit=1596171] (All my pirates are [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/434590/1946445/3?name=&type=undefined]here[/url]
@Orbeez wrote on 2022-05-06 16:39:20:
I'm still hoping that someday, someone will come up with a good outfit for this guy. I want him to be a ship navigator but I can't seem to make anything other than "generic sailor/pirate" outfits T-T

Idk if it helps but these are my helmsman and lookout from my pirate crew:
Helmsman
Lookout

(All my pirates are here
aaa1NMKd2y.png
aaaLDICVbr.gif
1 2 3 4