Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tell me something--
1 2 3 4
My username sounds edgy but it isn't meant to be. The name actually has a nice story behind it

Also despite being a graphic designer I can't make anything in my lair or forum appearance appear aesthetic for the life of me
My username sounds edgy but it isn't meant to be. The name actually has a nice story behind it

Also despite being a graphic designer I can't make anything in my lair or forum appearance appear aesthetic for the life of me
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
If you read lore in a specific order in my main tab, there's actually a chronological timeline that you can follow from the beginning of my FR gameplay.

If you read lore in a specific order in my main tab, there's actually a chronological timeline that you can follow from the beginning of my FR gameplay.

button_by_cas_a_fras-db1t2ap.png Accent: Starlit Psychic
“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien
my size charts for my kaiju Nature rep monsters, like Titan and Leviathan (who has the full chart). with their itty bitty 'Imperial for Scale'.

but as i have them all in the HD now i suppose they only get seen by the ones that check that. even though most of my lair is in the HD now.
my size charts for my kaiju Nature rep monsters, like Titan and Leviathan (who has the full chart). with their itty bitty 'Imperial for Scale'.

but as i have them all in the HD now i suppose they only get seen by the ones that check that. even though most of my lair is in the HD now.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
Just how I sort my dergs into a town and I worked hard on that and I struggle with doing lore things because brain doesn't like to think if I'm not feeling 100%
Which is nearly everyday.
Just how I sort my dergs into a town and I worked hard on that and I struggle with doing lore things because brain doesn't like to think if I'm not feeling 100%
Which is nearly everyday.
OY7Hxja.png
Well recently I've deleted most lore because I now want to have an Arcane Cosmic Horror (TM) aesthetic, but for the longest time I've always wanted to have multiple lairs in different flights. It's the entire reason my original lore was a mess, because I had "Ice and Water aligned Arcane clan" going for me. I still haven't reworked my clan bio, so it's still there, but I'll C/P here. [quote name=OG Lair] [columns][b][size=5]Ice and Water aligned Arcane clan that rests in the deep caves and high cliffs of Crystalspine.[/size][/b][nextcol][emoji=arcane rune][emoji=ice rune][emoji=water rune][/columns] [size=4]Prophets rest in the dark pools underground, predicting the next age of destruction as magic toils and squirms within the cold mineral water. Protectors of cursed artifacts and creatures lie in front of vaults far, far underground. Scholars study in the shallow caves within the mountains, scribing on sheets of parchment. The spread out clan has secrets that only go deeper as you wander further into their caves. Dare you enter the yawning maw of the grotto? Or shall you stay safely outside and find a place to stay elsewhere, in a place where the caves don't whisper and the cliffs don't howl? Make a choice, and stick with it. You might just make the wrong one.[/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/world-map?pinx=790&piny=1804&view=land&viewpin=true]See the lonely clan's location here.[/url] [/quote] But yes, if FR allowed multiple clans to a single account, I would pay [i]money[/i] to have that. Not to mention, a ton of characters I make don't look like they should reside where the clan is, or don't take part of a community at all. /: [rule] @Niceless Hey wait I literally rummaged through your lair and read as much as I could the moment you friended me (I'm not a stalker, I swear, I just immediately and excitedly hyperfixate on new people). I saw the organization thing and felt so, SO envious that someone could not only stay as close to canon as possible, but just?! Be organized??!! Like, that's something you can actually accomplish and now I want to as well????? [size=2]Also how the bees are you on every thread I click on?[/size]
Well recently I've deleted most lore because I now want to have an Arcane Cosmic Horror (TM) aesthetic, but for the longest time I've always wanted to have multiple lairs in different flights. It's the entire reason my original lore was a mess, because I had "Ice and Water aligned Arcane clan" going for me. I still haven't reworked my clan bio, so it's still there, but I'll C/P here.
OG wrote:
Ice and Water aligned Arcane clan that rests in the deep caves and high cliffs of Crystalspine.
Prophets rest in the dark pools underground, predicting the next age of destruction as magic toils and squirms within the cold mineral water. Protectors of cursed artifacts and creatures lie in front of vaults far, far underground. Scholars study in the shallow caves within the mountains, scribing on sheets of parchment. The spread out clan has secrets that only go deeper as you wander further into their caves. Dare you enter the yawning maw of the grotto? Or shall you stay safely outside and find a place to stay elsewhere, in a place where the caves don't whisper and the cliffs don't howl? Make a choice, and stick with it. You might just make the wrong one.

See the lonely clan's location here.
But yes, if FR allowed multiple clans to a single account, I would pay money to have that. Not to mention, a ton of characters I make don't look like they should reside where the clan is, or don't take part of a community at all. /:
@Niceless Hey wait I literally rummaged through your lair and read as much as I could the moment you friended me (I'm not a stalker, I swear, I just immediately and excitedly hyperfixate on new people). I saw the organization thing and felt so, SO envious that someone could not only stay as close to canon as possible, but just?! Be organized??!! Like, that's something you can actually accomplish and now I want to as well?????
Also how the bees are you on every thread I click on?
34822.png
Call me Nova!
He/They/It
FR +2
577.png
21402.png
I don't have a lot of lore yet so I'm proud of basically everything, but especially my Aberration lore is really fun and I'm very proud of it.
I don't have a lot of lore yet so I'm proud of basically everything, but especially my Aberration lore is really fun and I'm very proud of it.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
My dragons' names probably seem like odd keysmashes to most people, but I do actually have a basic system of pronunciation, punctuation, and meanings. A chunk of them are actually just intentional corruptions of Gaelic words (for example, Taosua is from taibhse which means phantom, and the dragons Huagua and Szagua are pronounced consistently as the spelling suggests). I don't think anyone would notice since it looks so random from the outside, but I am very intentional with my names
My dragons' names probably seem like odd keysmashes to most people, but I do actually have a basic system of pronunciation, punctuation, and meanings. A chunk of them are actually just intentional corruptions of Gaelic words (for example, Taosua is from taibhse which means phantom, and the dragons Huagua and Szagua are pronounced consistently as the spelling suggests). I don't think anyone would notice since it looks so random from the outside, but I am very intentional with my names
aaa1NMKd2y.png
aaaLDICVbr.gif
I feel like I should have a higher comment to like ratio on my dragons. Lots of likes but no one ever tells me why.
I feel like I should have a higher comment to like ratio on my dragons. Lots of likes but no one ever tells me why.
i might meme about how i gave the dragons computers (and guns, too, because it's funny okay) but i have actual explanations behind how all that works. not incredibly good explanations, mind you, but hey! there's explanations. tl;dr internet except it uses the leylines rather than a satellite network (there's no sornieth NASA yet, unfortunately). also the reason humans invented firearms/similar technology was because our main method of attack is throwing pointy things at people, okay, but dragons have magic and claws and teeth so they don't really need to throw pointy things. but they could use more efficient ways to cast magic, or ways to cast elemental magic that they can't use themselves!

oh right the fact that dragons' technology... provides approximately the same functions as our technology does but it's built in completely different ways because they have magic. why wouldn't they use magic in their tech.

also infrastructure! vertical, multi-layered cities being built with flight in mind! the fact that 'back alleys' are actually the middle floors of these cities because look, everyone's either on the ground or up in the sky, who checks out the walkways between. dragon highways! or uh. trails of floating beacons enchanted such that whoever flies along the path they denote can go way faster than a dragon's natural top speed. also explains why dragons don't have that many actual vehicles.
/ramble
i might meme about how i gave the dragons computers (and guns, too, because it's funny okay) but i have actual explanations behind how all that works. not incredibly good explanations, mind you, but hey! there's explanations. tl;dr internet except it uses the leylines rather than a satellite network (there's no sornieth NASA yet, unfortunately). also the reason humans invented firearms/similar technology was because our main method of attack is throwing pointy things at people, okay, but dragons have magic and claws and teeth so they don't really need to throw pointy things. but they could use more efficient ways to cast magic, or ways to cast elemental magic that they can't use themselves!

oh right the fact that dragons' technology... provides approximately the same functions as our technology does but it's built in completely different ways because they have magic. why wouldn't they use magic in their tech.

also infrastructure! vertical, multi-layered cities being built with flight in mind! the fact that 'back alleys' are actually the middle floors of these cities because look, everyone's either on the ground or up in the sky, who checks out the walkways between. dragon highways! or uh. trails of floating beacons enchanted such that whoever flies along the path they denote can go way faster than a dragon's natural top speed. also explains why dragons don't have that many actual vehicles.
/ramble
8aKVtucC_o.png
I'm still hoping that someday, someone will come up with a good outfit for this guy. I want him to be a ship navigator but I can't seem to make anything other than "generic sailor/pirate" outfits T-T
I'm still hoping that someday, someone will come up with a good outfit for this guy. I want him to be a ship navigator but I can't seem to make anything other than "generic sailor/pirate" outfits T-T
nTa2yPT.png
1 2 3 4