Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Strange game types you like?
1 2 3 4 5
I just love those stupid, badly written love story games (like, Obey me!). I don't know why lol, maybe the character designs (no I nver had feelings for them, nor did I even conside them as husbandos/waifus; Sett is my husbando)
I hear a lot of people criticise them but, I just love them!
I just love those stupid, badly written love story games (like, Obey me!). I don't know why lol, maybe the character designs (no I nver had feelings for them, nor did I even conside them as husbandos/waifus; Sett is my husbando)
I hear a lot of people criticise them but, I just love them!
s8ii3YW.png
I really like rhythm games. I prefer ones that feel fluid, have catchy songs, or ones with story. Rhythm games can be hard to create, so finding the really nice ones always perks me up. I love Rhythm Heaven. I've had my eye on Rhythm Doctor but the demo seemed too hard for me, and I'm still not sure if I could master something like that. But I like to watch other people play it and make custom levels.

I also like games without a specific 'goal' in mind, so it's just there to vibe. Sometimes these experiences are short, but they're usually worth it. Things like A Short Hike or Kind Words.

I also love games with multiple endings. Doesn't matter the genre too much, I just like to see how a writer can incorporate them into the story, and how it makes the player feel like their actions are making a difference. Undertale/Deltarune, I'm looking at you.
I really like rhythm games. I prefer ones that feel fluid, have catchy songs, or ones with story. Rhythm games can be hard to create, so finding the really nice ones always perks me up. I love Rhythm Heaven. I've had my eye on Rhythm Doctor but the demo seemed too hard for me, and I'm still not sure if I could master something like that. But I like to watch other people play it and make custom levels.

I also like games without a specific 'goal' in mind, so it's just there to vibe. Sometimes these experiences are short, but they're usually worth it. Things like A Short Hike or Kind Words.

I also love games with multiple endings. Doesn't matter the genre too much, I just like to see how a writer can incorporate them into the story, and how it makes the player feel like their actions are making a difference. Undertale/Deltarune, I'm looking at you.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
I loveeeeeeee games where you play as an animal

Most games you play as a human-

it's a bit boring after a while, YAWN- and literally the only games you play as an animal are animal jam, the cursed cinder (sort of, you're a fae which is... a fairy type creature??), and... the dead fer.al. oh and also feral heart

Yeah, they're not very common. Like most of the animal games were made by the same company. :c

It's why I wish to make my own games. Don't find something?! MAKE IT YOURSELF! Plus, you get to write lots of stories, draw art, and of course, the part we all know and love coding.

Bonus points if there's mythical creatures!!

Since fer.al was literally the only mythical creature game, I'm gonna make my own!!
I loveeeeeeee games where you play as an animal

Most games you play as a human-

it's a bit boring after a while, YAWN- and literally the only games you play as an animal are animal jam, the cursed cinder (sort of, you're a fae which is... a fairy type creature??), and... the dead fer.al. oh and also feral heart

Yeah, they're not very common. Like most of the animal games were made by the same company. :c

It's why I wish to make my own games. Don't find something?! MAKE IT YOURSELF! Plus, you get to write lots of stories, draw art, and of course, the part we all know and love coding.

Bonus points if there's mythical creatures!!

Since fer.al was literally the only mythical creature game, I'm gonna make my own!!
fireflower.png StarlightDragon7
> Wishlist
> Progen Lineage
> Clan Lore (wip)
> Art dumpster
> Flourish and bloom. And stay determined.
muK7GRQ.png
My favorite games tend to be... the ones that are "simple enough that I can get absorbed in them for a while, but require enough thought/strategy to still be stimulating": the 'falling blocks' puzzle genre (Panel de Pon, Puyo Puyo, Tetris, Dr. Mario, etc.), Game & Watch Gallery and Transformice tend to fit the bill. They're my gaming equivalent of a depression meal, AKA the ones I play when I'm bored, but don't have the spoons for a more layered, action-packed, or story-driven game. which is... often

I have a bit of a thing for word games, too, which I guess ties back in with puzzle games? I've come to like Wordscapes over the past few days, and might look around for some things that are similar to it.
My favorite games tend to be... the ones that are "simple enough that I can get absorbed in them for a while, but require enough thought/strategy to still be stimulating": the 'falling blocks' puzzle genre (Panel de Pon, Puyo Puyo, Tetris, Dr. Mario, etc.), Game & Watch Gallery and Transformice tend to fit the bill. They're my gaming equivalent of a depression meal, AKA the ones I play when I'm bored, but don't have the spoons for a more layered, action-packed, or story-driven game. which is... often

I have a bit of a thing for word games, too, which I guess ties back in with puzzle games? I've come to like Wordscapes over the past few days, and might look around for some things that are similar to it.
r5CjlMV.gif
+ 0 FR Time
Biomutant. I just recently earned every achievement in the game and I still enjoy it immensely. It was a new release, but it got greatly overshadowed by other stuff and most people were underwhelmed, disappointed, or just didn't know what to do with it. I think that's sad because the game is full of stuff I really like:
-A character creator that is in-depth and has some effect on the early game
-A huge sprawling open world map with tons of secrets(and fast travel) that opens up to you early on
-Very non-linear, meaing you can complete the story at your own pace
-HUGE variety of armor and weapon customizations and fighting styles you can switch up at any time
-A colorful world
-Mutants
To this day none of my favorite gaming YouTubers have touched it and I think that's sad.
Biomutant. I just recently earned every achievement in the game and I still enjoy it immensely. It was a new release, but it got greatly overshadowed by other stuff and most people were underwhelmed, disappointed, or just didn't know what to do with it. I think that's sad because the game is full of stuff I really like:
-A character creator that is in-depth and has some effect on the early game
-A huge sprawling open world map with tons of secrets(and fast travel) that opens up to you early on
-Very non-linear, meaing you can complete the story at your own pace
-HUGE variety of armor and weapon customizations and fighting styles you can switch up at any time
-A colorful world
-Mutants
To this day none of my favorite gaming YouTubers have touched it and I think that's sad.
Most of my favorite games tend to have cute characters and some kind of dark story. Most of them you wouldn't even know have anything dark going on if you've never played them or didn't get far enough in the story.
I'm not sure how this happened but it's definitely a pattern I've noticed.
Most of my favorite games tend to have cute characters and some kind of dark story. Most of them you wouldn't even know have anything dark going on if you've never played them or didn't get far enough in the story.
I'm not sure how this happened but it's definitely a pattern I've noticed.
523191.png185359.png520208.png522681.png
Rhythm games.
Specifically Just Shapes and Beats
Or games that have an amazing soundtrack *cough cough* Undertale
Rhythm games.
Specifically Just Shapes and Beats
Or games that have an amazing soundtrack *cough cough* Undertale
42618_1.png MUYNhfy.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
bYt72YT.png
dEe2UrM.png
5hF3FGk.png
IMG_0395_1.png
Not sure what its called but games like Kentucky Route Zero sure are an experience. Its so...captivating I guess. Its like, I guess a choice based novel game but its so weird
Not sure what its called but games like Kentucky Route Zero sure are an experience. Its so...captivating I guess. Its like, I guess a choice based novel game but its so weird
Frankenstein3.jpg
Games similar to Spore are like the best games I’ve ever played. I heard that there’s a spiritual successor made by some fans is coming out soon so I’m definitely excited for that! But for now, all I got are Spore and Niche :’]
Games similar to Spore are like the best games I’ve ever played. I heard that there’s a spiritual successor made by some fans is coming out soon so I’m definitely excited for that! But for now, all I got are Spore and Niche :’]
chaogarden.gif
tower defense games are my favorite........... bloons td and arknights ( very different games yet still share the same idea ) hold a special place in my heart.....
tower defense games are my favorite........... bloons td and arknights ( very different games yet still share the same idea ) hold a special place in my heart.....
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
1 2 3 4 5