Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Profile Comments
1 2 3
I don't care as long as I can turn it off on an individual OR clan-wide basis. I would hate to have to moderate and approve comments on all my dragons, and I am not even that large a lair in comparison to most. I'd rather be able to have something like an option which goes straight to the profile comments page (or a dedicated page) which will read something like:

Lykos has commented on Hephaestus:
I love the colours with those genes!

I don't want comments on each individual dragon's page without, at minimum, a singular place to overlook ALL comments and decide which ones to see without going to that dragon's page. This would be a better option regarding comment moderation for all lairs, as it has a singular place to moderate from. You don't have to look around to find the dragon, remember where it is, etc. You just have to select to see the comments specifically from that dragon and boom. They are there. I don't mind people commenting on my dragons, but I really think there needs to be a singular place to moderate it from (and I think that being able to moderate your profile comments this way would be a wonderful change too).
I don't care as long as I can turn it off on an individual OR clan-wide basis. I would hate to have to moderate and approve comments on all my dragons, and I am not even that large a lair in comparison to most. I'd rather be able to have something like an option which goes straight to the profile comments page (or a dedicated page) which will read something like:

Lykos has commented on Hephaestus:
I love the colours with those genes!

I don't want comments on each individual dragon's page without, at minimum, a singular place to overlook ALL comments and decide which ones to see without going to that dragon's page. This would be a better option regarding comment moderation for all lairs, as it has a singular place to moderate from. You don't have to look around to find the dragon, remember where it is, etc. You just have to select to see the comments specifically from that dragon and boom. They are there. I don't mind people commenting on my dragons, but I really think there needs to be a singular place to moderate it from (and I think that being able to moderate your profile comments this way would be a wonderful change too).
still always support this! [quote name="Valrunie" date="2022-04-08 11:01:03" ] absolutely not, I don't wanna go thru dragons and have mess of comments under some. ALSO can you image amount of comments of "PLEASE DON't EXALT MY DRAGON" and it would be hell to go thru it and moderate it [/quote] how is this different from the way profile pages work already? also, you can report those messages since they are against the rules. so long as there's a convenient way to see new dragon profile comments and delete unwanted ones, i don't think there's any issue with adding this, personally. in fact i'd really like something like this.
still always support this!
Valrunie wrote on 2022-04-08 11:01:03:
absolutely not, I don't wanna go thru dragons and have mess of comments under some. ALSO can you image amount of comments of "PLEASE DON't EXALT MY DRAGON"
and it would be hell to go thru it and moderate it
how is this different from the way profile pages work already? also, you can report those messages since they are against the rules.

so long as there's a convenient way to see new dragon profile comments and delete unwanted ones, i don't think there's any issue with adding this, personally. in fact i'd really like something like this.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
I understand that this idea hasn't gotten a lot of support in the past, but actually, I'm a fan.

There are so many dragons in the game that I have serious doubts that one person would get flooded with attention for, after all, that doesn't happen to most players except for those who have maybe g1 imps, XXXs, and raffle prizes. People are already going to be rabid about those sorts of things and while I can see the argument that it would just add more trouble, there could maybe also be an option to disable comments for specific dragons to deter a little bit of that harassment?

Myself, I find it sort of awkward to leave a message on someone's profile addressing only a single dragon, when all of them deserve love. I like the idea of the pointed discussion that could occur if each dragon had it's own comments section. Since the staff already have allowed us to minimize certain windows in the Dragon Profile page, they could do that as well for this function. I guess it could be argued that this is what the Dragon Share forums are for as well, but it's not really the same.

Even people like me who have tremendous trouble reaching out sometimes might feel a little more comfortable being able to leave little kind notes on other people's dragons. Everyone puts so much effort into them, and more than a likes counter, you could see exactly what people think of that effort. Every time I see people who've taken screenshots of profile comments and forum posts of other player's thoughts on that dragon, it feels like it gives them a little more personality.
I understand that this idea hasn't gotten a lot of support in the past, but actually, I'm a fan.

There are so many dragons in the game that I have serious doubts that one person would get flooded with attention for, after all, that doesn't happen to most players except for those who have maybe g1 imps, XXXs, and raffle prizes. People are already going to be rabid about those sorts of things and while I can see the argument that it would just add more trouble, there could maybe also be an option to disable comments for specific dragons to deter a little bit of that harassment?

Myself, I find it sort of awkward to leave a message on someone's profile addressing only a single dragon, when all of them deserve love. I like the idea of the pointed discussion that could occur if each dragon had it's own comments section. Since the staff already have allowed us to minimize certain windows in the Dragon Profile page, they could do that as well for this function. I guess it could be argued that this is what the Dragon Share forums are for as well, but it's not really the same.

Even people like me who have tremendous trouble reaching out sometimes might feel a little more comfortable being able to leave little kind notes on other people's dragons. Everyone puts so much effort into them, and more than a likes counter, you could see exactly what people think of that effort. Every time I see people who've taken screenshots of profile comments and forum posts of other player's thoughts on that dragon, it feels like it gives them a little more personality.
Sure semi support, but it needs to be automatically turned off and made opt-in thing if implemented.

Should also have an option to automatically wipe comments when a dragon changes hands as I don't want to buy something with comments such as "Plz no exalt!" or "please name me!" on them that I'd have to manually discard.

Imo we should first get more ways to choose who can even contact us in the first place before opening more places for such unwanted attention. For example "Friends Only" or "Nobody" options for profile comments and DMs.
Sure semi support, but it needs to be automatically turned off and made opt-in thing if implemented.

Should also have an option to automatically wipe comments when a dragon changes hands as I don't want to buy something with comments such as "Plz no exalt!" or "please name me!" on them that I'd have to manually discard.

Imo we should first get more ways to choose who can even contact us in the first place before opening more places for such unwanted attention. For example "Friends Only" or "Nobody" options for profile comments and DMs.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
[quote name="Kyotosora" date="2022-04-09 09:11:45" ] Should also have an option to automatically wipe comments when a dragon changes hands as I don't want to buy something with comments such as "Plz no exalt!" or "please name me!" on them that I'd have to manually discard. [/quote] Oof, I hadn't even thought about that, but yeah, that is absolutely a tactic that would get employed, considering people already use the bio system for that and then get upset that exalters don't read bios. I think it would be a lot touchier than the likes system, which already gets a lot of criticism for being hide-only; if you put dragon comments into a hide-only sort of system, those comments are still visible on the dragon itself and the owner doesn't even know, which is… not ideal. It's very bad, actually, and a recipe for harassment invisible to the person being harassed. So it would have to be an actual off-toggle that would probably wipe comments entirely (I believe this is how blocks work; if you block someone, all profile comments by that person are auto-deleted). Basically, I don't think there's a way to both allow an on/off toggle and keep comments preserved. Honestly, my personal ideal would be what Jemadar and Lykos suggest, which is a way to indicate the dragon being commented on but keeping those comments centralized. I don't mind people commenting on my dragons— I love it!— but I wouldn't want those comments on their pages because a) I have over 600, how would I even find those comments, and b) I just like keeping comments and their pages (which are [i]my[/i] space to make notes to myself, write a bio I like, etc) separate.
Kyotosora wrote on 2022-04-09 09:11:45:

Oof, I hadn't even thought about that, but yeah, that is absolutely a tactic that would get employed, considering people already use the bio system for that and then get upset that exalters don't read bios.

I think it would be a lot touchier than the likes system, which already gets a lot of criticism for being hide-only; if you put dragon comments into a hide-only sort of system, those comments are still visible on the dragon itself and the owner doesn't even know, which is… not ideal. It's very bad, actually, and a recipe for harassment invisible to the person being harassed. So it would have to be an actual off-toggle that would probably wipe comments entirely (I believe this is how blocks work; if you block someone, all profile comments by that person are auto-deleted).

Basically, I don't think there's a way to both allow an on/off toggle and keep comments preserved.

Honestly, my personal ideal would be what Jemadar and Lykos suggest, which is a way to indicate the dragon being commented on but keeping those comments centralized. I don't mind people commenting on my dragons— I love it!— but I wouldn't want those comments on their pages because a) I have over 600, how would I even find those comments, and b) I just like keeping comments and their pages (which are my space to make notes to myself, write a bio I like, etc) separate.
Many of the reasons I am against this stem from just having over 600 potential places to have to remove comments, and the potential to have to remove dozens of comments from dragons I buy.

Which is why the only way I would want anything like this is if there was a singular place that those comments went to, so I just had one single place to check and then delete comments I just don't want.

Like Mothscale, I wouldn't mind people commenting *about* my dragons, but would prefer to not have dozens of comments about 'pretty dragon!' 'I like what you did!' or the like (I don't mind recieving them, just don't want them to 'stick' to the dragon) on the dragon page itself.

Same for when I buy dragons. I would not want to feel the need to delete several comments (probably one by one) from the profiles of the dragons I bought, but wouldn't necessarily want those comments to stay either.
Many of the reasons I am against this stem from just having over 600 potential places to have to remove comments, and the potential to have to remove dozens of comments from dragons I buy.

Which is why the only way I would want anything like this is if there was a singular place that those comments went to, so I just had one single place to check and then delete comments I just don't want.

Like Mothscale, I wouldn't mind people commenting *about* my dragons, but would prefer to not have dozens of comments about 'pretty dragon!' 'I like what you did!' or the like (I don't mind recieving them, just don't want them to 'stick' to the dragon) on the dragon page itself.

Same for when I buy dragons. I would not want to feel the need to delete several comments (probably one by one) from the profiles of the dragons I bought, but wouldn't necessarily want those comments to stay either.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
would be too hard to moderate
TinyOz.gif TINY.gifteleport.gif juliasmaller.gif

*Wishlist

*Land of Oz
I collect bubbly buddies!
Bubbly Buddy
buyinggf.gif
[quote name="PetSnail" date="2022-04-10 17:49:05" ] would be too hard to moderate [/quote] For whom?
PetSnail wrote on 2022-04-10 17:49:05:
For whom?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support, here's some ideas to make the idea sound more feasible: [b]Opt in option:[/b] Comments are disabled by default, and you need to enable them for each dragon. Option would probably fit best on the edit page, but there could be an option on the dragon profile itself. [img]https://i.imgur.com/O0aAkXX.png[/img] [b]Ease of accessing comments:[/b] Either by adding a specific option on the alerts popup (if they don't want to mess w the alerts page) or taking the chance to revamp the alerts tab a bit: [size=4][b]Popup edit[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/75lrewk.png[/img] [size=4][b]Page edit[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/qKFQy9b.png[/img] [b]Some extras:[/b] Dragon owner can delete all comments without notifying user, just like profile comments. I don't think cleaning the comment page everytime a dragon change hands is the best idea, just because you might lose nice comments, but rather allow owners to wipe clean the entire thing if they want to start fresh. Added the option to remove comments individually here for yall to see too. [img]https://i.imgur.com/maQkJXY.png[/img]
Support, here's some ideas to make the idea sound more feasible:

Opt in option: Comments are disabled by default, and you need to enable them for each dragon. Option would probably fit best on the edit page, but there could be an option on the dragon profile itself.

O0aAkXX.png

Ease of accessing comments: Either by adding a specific option on the alerts popup (if they don't want to mess w the alerts page) or taking the chance to revamp the alerts tab a bit:

Popup edit

75lrewk.png

Page edit

qKFQy9b.png

Some extras: Dragon owner can delete all comments without notifying user, just like profile comments. I don't think cleaning the comment page everytime a dragon change hands is the best idea, just because you might lose nice comments, but rather allow owners to wipe clean the entire thing if they want to start fresh. Added the option to remove comments individually here for yall to see too.

maQkJXY.png

21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
I support this with limitation. Of course, give it a character limit- nothing big, maybe 140-180 characters like on Twitter. Allow for people to opt in or out of comments on individual dragons. Only let people put one comment per dragon so they can't spam or have extensive conversations- which would also make it easier to moderate
I support this with limitation. Of course, give it a character limit- nothing big, maybe 140-180 characters like on Twitter. Allow for people to opt in or out of comments on individual dragons. Only let people put one comment per dragon so they can't spam or have extensive conversations- which would also make it easier to moderate
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
1YB0OjO.png
Vs2WmBF.png
1 2 3