Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 115 116
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-02-14 12:55:40" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-02-13 12:33:34" ] CAN WE PLEASE MAKE SO WE DONT HAVE TO CLAIM PLOTS WE'VE COMPLETED RIGHT AWAY I DONT WANT TO WASTE PICK AXES ON A PLOT I JUST FINISHED THIS IS STUPID like i'm sorry i know this will come off as rude but did anyone actually think about the mechanics of this game when they were making it? why would you not provide the option to leave a plot unclaimed so pick axes can be more focused on areas that havent been as worked?? now i have to watch my pickaxes get used on a spot i just finished that i didnt really even want to begin with :/// [/quote] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/862312451655204878/942886625615151164/unknown.png[/img] literally this makes me so mad [/quote] Same, it's wasteful, they should have an option button weather or not you want to dig that site again. Though this I'm sure is a trial and error thing, they'll definitely fix and tweak it some. [B]EDIT[/B]: Forgot to add that as this continues, as I've been on [B]FR[/B] since it's Beta debut, I have witnessed new games come out via 'technical' beta run versions that they will and do add new features. So for now, enjoy it and anticipate the future!
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-02-14 12:55:40:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-02-13 12:33:34:
CAN WE PLEASE MAKE SO WE DONT HAVE TO CLAIM PLOTS WE'VE COMPLETED RIGHT AWAY I DONT WANT TO WASTE PICK AXES ON A PLOT I JUST FINISHED THIS IS STUPID

like i'm sorry i know this will come off as rude but did anyone actually think about the mechanics of this game when they were making it? why would you not provide the option to leave a plot unclaimed so pick axes can be more focused on areas that havent been as worked?? now i have to watch my pickaxes get used on a spot i just finished that i didnt really even want to begin with :///

unknown.png

literally this makes me so mad

Same, it's wasteful, they should have an option button weather or not you want to dig that site again. Though this I'm sure is a trial and error thing, they'll definitely fix and tweak it some.

EDIT: Forgot to add that as this continues, as I've been on FR since it's Beta debut, I have witnessed new games come out via 'technical' beta run versions that they will and do add new features. So for now, enjoy it and anticipate the future!
fUUWM8s.png
SEEKING THIS DRAGON

So, I'm thinking of more of a cooldown type feature rather than choosing whether to dig a plot again. I get why they make the plots automatically open again, it's to add a little challenge to getting everything done. But it'd be really nice if there was a cooldown before the plot opens again, maybe a few days or so. "Cleaning up the site" or something similar. This way it still complicates the dig, but we're not overly frustrated with our pickaxes immediately going back to that plot we just finished.

I'd also love to see links at the top of the page to go back and forth between Muster Resources and Digsite Contracts, the way Fiona has Feats and Flattery so that we can jump between the two. Currently if I use the event notification to go to my finished digsite, I then have to go back to Arlo's main page, go to Muster Resources, go back to the main screen, go to Contracts, and go to my current contract. It gets a little tedious in the morning.
So, I'm thinking of more of a cooldown type feature rather than choosing whether to dig a plot again. I get why they make the plots automatically open again, it's to add a little challenge to getting everything done. But it'd be really nice if there was a cooldown before the plot opens again, maybe a few days or so. "Cleaning up the site" or something similar. This way it still complicates the dig, but we're not overly frustrated with our pickaxes immediately going back to that plot we just finished.

I'd also love to see links at the top of the page to go back and forth between Muster Resources and Digsite Contracts, the way Fiona has Feats and Flattery so that we can jump between the two. Currently if I use the event notification to go to my finished digsite, I then have to go back to Arlo's main page, go to Muster Resources, go back to the main screen, go to Contracts, and go to my current contract. It gets a little tedious in the morning.
I'm at 23 notes now, holding on to them in the hopes that it becomes more fair towards solo players at a later date. Even something like 1 glass for 3 notes would be better than what it is now.
I'm at 23 notes now, holding on to them in the hopes that it becomes more fair towards solo players at a later date. Even something like 1 glass for 3 notes would be better than what it is now.
[quote name="SippyCup" date="2022-02-15 03:48:12" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-02-14 12:55:40" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-02-13 12:33:34" ] CAN WE PLEASE MAKE SO WE DONT HAVE TO CLAIM PLOTS WE'VE COMPLETED RIGHT AWAY I DONT WANT TO WASTE PICK AXES ON A PLOT I JUST FINISHED THIS IS STUPID like i'm sorry i know this will come off as rude but did anyone actually think about the mechanics of this game when they were making it? why would you not provide the option to leave a plot unclaimed so pick axes can be more focused on areas that havent been as worked?? now i have to watch my pickaxes get used on a spot i just finished that i didnt really even want to begin with :/// [/quote] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/862312451655204878/942886625615151164/unknown.png[/img] literally this makes me so mad [/quote] Same, it's wasteful, they should have an option button weather or not you want to dig that site again. Though this I'm sure is a trial and error thing, they'll definitely fix and tweak it some. [B]EDIT[/B]: Forgot to add that as this continues, as I've been on [B]FR[/B] since it's Beta debut, I have witnessed new games come out via 'technical' beta run versions that they will and do add new features. So for now, enjoy it and anticipate the future! [/quote] idk the problems everyone is having with it couldve been easily solved with some better beta testing and feedback, so i'd rather just be mad about the issue until they either do something about it or just go "well we're not changing it"
SippyCup wrote on 2022-02-15 03:48:12:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-02-14 12:55:40:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-02-13 12:33:34:
CAN WE PLEASE MAKE SO WE DONT HAVE TO CLAIM PLOTS WE'VE COMPLETED RIGHT AWAY I DONT WANT TO WASTE PICK AXES ON A PLOT I JUST FINISHED THIS IS STUPID

like i'm sorry i know this will come off as rude but did anyone actually think about the mechanics of this game when they were making it? why would you not provide the option to leave a plot unclaimed so pick axes can be more focused on areas that havent been as worked?? now i have to watch my pickaxes get used on a spot i just finished that i didnt really even want to begin with :///

unknown.png

literally this makes me so mad

Same, it's wasteful, they should have an option button weather or not you want to dig that site again. Though this I'm sure is a trial and error thing, they'll definitely fix and tweak it some.

EDIT: Forgot to add that as this continues, as I've been on FR since it's Beta debut, I have witnessed new games come out via 'technical' beta run versions that they will and do add new features. So for now, enjoy it and anticipate the future!
idk the problems everyone is having with it couldve been easily solved with some better beta testing and feedback, so i'd rather just be mad about the issue until they either do something about it or just go "well we're not changing it"
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Is there something that prevents the 'random' pickaxing from going to tiles that are almost finished??? I just had 7 pickaxes ignoring the one tile I am almost through with.
Is there something that prevents the 'random' pickaxing from going to tiles that are almost finished??? I just had 7 pickaxes ignoring the one tile I am almost through with.
1SZnOCK.png9ZEx0Ta.pngHTV627h.gif
Honestly, trying to get everything done at once to avoid duplicates is kind of a fun challenge.

My lowest is at 40% and my highest at 72% with a daily increase of about 5% for each plot. Going smooth so far. I noticed I am using a lot of my magnifying glasses on the gene and armor slots as they have 50 and 40 spots in comparison to the 25 for everything else.

But after this, I will have all things at once and can then focus on getting doubles from what I need doubles from (gene, scene, armor) and if my random picks choose to finish another familiar that I don't need, so be it. Free money.
Honestly, trying to get everything done at once to avoid duplicates is kind of a fun challenge.

My lowest is at 40% and my highest at 72% with a daily increase of about 5% for each plot. Going smooth so far. I noticed I am using a lot of my magnifying glasses on the gene and armor slots as they have 50 and 40 spots in comparison to the 25 for everything else.

But after this, I will have all things at once and can then focus on getting doubles from what I need doubles from (gene, scene, armor) and if my random picks choose to finish another familiar that I don't need, so be it. Free money.
[quote name="Emylee" date="2022-02-15 07:24:17" ] Is there something that prevents the 'random' pickaxing from going to tiles that are almost finished??? I just had 7 pickaxes ignoring the one tile I am almost through with. [/quote] Was coming here to see what people say, since something similar happened to me. I finished digging up ground today with my magnifying glasses, afterwards I started to use my pickaxes and none of the 5 I used so far landed on the now reseted ground gene plot. I still have 2 to go afterwards, but it's strange to me that not even 1 of 25 (5 per pickaxe) landed on the ground plot. Could also just be my bad rng luck. Just annoying me a bit, since I decided to get both genes for 3 dragons first and see how much of the other things I dig up with rng while doing so. Update: The last 2 pickaxes also completely avoided the ground plot, but at least one landed on fissure.
Emylee wrote on 2022-02-15 07:24:17:

Was coming here to see what people say, since something similar happened to me.
I finished digging up ground today with my magnifying glasses, afterwards I started to use my pickaxes and none of the 5 I used so far landed on the now reseted ground gene plot.

I still have 2 to go afterwards, but it's strange to me that not even 1 of 25 (5 per pickaxe) landed on the ground plot. Could also just be my bad rng luck.
Just annoying me a bit, since I decided to get both genes for 3 dragons first and see how much of the other things I dig up with rng while doing so.

Update:
The last 2 pickaxes also completely avoided the ground plot, but at least one landed on fissure.
Veilspun-Tea-Forum-Banner.png
I think it'd be nice to have the ability to manually reset plots, but I can see how that might be used to farm genes or other specific items, so perhaps resetting plots resets ALL uncovered plots, not just the selected one. That way people can have the perk of not going after items they've already uncovered, especially first time through when they're going to want to get all the items they don't have already, and resetting means making ALL of those potential plots available again, that way specific items can't be farmed.
I think it'd be nice to have the ability to manually reset plots, but I can see how that might be used to farm genes or other specific items, so perhaps resetting plots resets ALL uncovered plots, not just the selected one. That way people can have the perk of not going after items they've already uncovered, especially first time through when they're going to want to get all the items they don't have already, and resetting means making ALL of those potential plots available again, that way specific items can't be farmed.
I still think all of the actual feedback you're getting is super important but just to cause a little break in between:

I really love how the implementation of Arlo is finely preparing us for more historical apparel and scenes >:)))))))))))))))))) I am LIVING for this
I still think all of the actual feedback you're getting is super important but just to cause a little break in between:

I really love how the implementation of Arlo is finely preparing us for more historical apparel and scenes >:)))))))))))))))))) I am LIVING for this
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Coming back after a longer while of this being out to say, generally I really enjoy the slower pace of it, and mostly I'm really happy with how it all works!

The multiple layers of RNG at the start kind of put me off, but now it's only the muster resources I really have a problem with. The fact that it's so fandom from getting nothing to getting 8 (both actual numbers I've had) feels weird, and a little unfair, so I'm hoping this might get tweaked in the future.

The other thing is as lots of people are saying at the moment, the opportunity to turn plots off. I don't particularly mind getting duplicates of most things in this, though one thing I definitely don't want duplicates of is the vista. Especially with this plot being the first plot there is, and with currently no way to control if pickaxes dig a completed site again, I can see lots and lots of this vista coming into the game, which means it's likely that everyone will just end up with so many duplicates of the vista which after you've applied one to your account are useless. And it's unlikely that anyone will be able to sell them either, because so many people will already have at least one, maybe more.

But duplicates of everything else doesn't really bother me, especially as the way I've been working means I still haven't uncovered a plot yet, and just through luck really the other plots are all progressing at similar rates.

I have one question really, that probably won't be answered until another level releases. But I'd love to be able to work on multiple digsites at a time, and I wonder if that's going to be possible? Because I don't necessarily want to neglect the older digsites as newer ones come out (especially if I still want duplicates of certain items) but likewise I don't want to keep working at older digsites and ignore the new ones. It's just a little thing I'd love to see, even if it was limited to two digsites at a time maybe.

But to wrap this up, I am definitely enjoying this more than I did when it first came out, I guess I just needed time to warm up to it!
Coming back after a longer while of this being out to say, generally I really enjoy the slower pace of it, and mostly I'm really happy with how it all works!

The multiple layers of RNG at the start kind of put me off, but now it's only the muster resources I really have a problem with. The fact that it's so fandom from getting nothing to getting 8 (both actual numbers I've had) feels weird, and a little unfair, so I'm hoping this might get tweaked in the future.

The other thing is as lots of people are saying at the moment, the opportunity to turn plots off. I don't particularly mind getting duplicates of most things in this, though one thing I definitely don't want duplicates of is the vista. Especially with this plot being the first plot there is, and with currently no way to control if pickaxes dig a completed site again, I can see lots and lots of this vista coming into the game, which means it's likely that everyone will just end up with so many duplicates of the vista which after you've applied one to your account are useless. And it's unlikely that anyone will be able to sell them either, because so many people will already have at least one, maybe more.

But duplicates of everything else doesn't really bother me, especially as the way I've been working means I still haven't uncovered a plot yet, and just through luck really the other plots are all progressing at similar rates.

I have one question really, that probably won't be answered until another level releases. But I'd love to be able to work on multiple digsites at a time, and I wonder if that's going to be possible? Because I don't necessarily want to neglect the older digsites as newer ones come out (especially if I still want duplicates of certain items) but likewise I don't want to keep working at older digsites and ignore the new ones. It's just a little thing I'd love to see, even if it was limited to two digsites at a time maybe.

But to wrap this up, I am definitely enjoying this more than I did when it first came out, I guess I just needed time to warm up to it!
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 115 116