Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Kindomlocke - a hardcore hybrid-locke
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This ruleset is so fun and creative! I usually struggle with 'locke-style challenges since they don't have an "endgame" in mind, but this one has a definite goal to work towards. I'm hooked! I just went out and bought my starting dragons, and I've gotten a thread set up here. Still working on getting prologue stuff out of the way, but I'll be working on the actual challenge soon!
This ruleset is so fun and creative! I usually struggle with 'locke-style challenges since they don't have an "endgame" in mind, but this one has a definite goal to work towards. I'm hooked! I just went out and bought my starting dragons, and I've gotten a thread set up here. Still working on getting prologue stuff out of the way, but I'll be working on the actual challenge soon!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
I actually made an account just for this after hearing my roommate talk about it. She won't do this (too many dragons she's attached to) but I'm going to try it. Should I wait until after I've gotten a third dragon or do you think I could start with my two starters?

Edit: actually getting enough gold to buy a third dragon was easier than I thought. So here is the link to my thread: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3097207
I actually made an account just for this after hearing my roommate talk about it. She won't do this (too many dragons she's attached to) but I'm going to try it. Should I wait until after I've gotten a third dragon or do you think I could start with my two starters?

Edit: actually getting enough gold to buy a third dragon was easier than I thought. So here is the link to my thread: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3097207
*~~/\~~*
I have decided to try this! I have only done a fodderlocke once before, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. But, it's here if you want to check it out.
I have decided to try this! I have only done a fodderlocke once before, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. But, it's here if you want to check it out.
uwbVMX0.png URmjjdo.png Wishlist
[quote name="Bitterly" date="2022-01-21 15:05:20" ] I actually made an account just for this after hearing my roommate talk about it. She won't do this (too many dragons she's attached to) but I'm going to try it. Should I wait until after I've gotten a third dragon or do you think I could start with my two starters? Edit: actually getting enough gold to buy a third dragon was easier than I thought. So here is the link to my thread: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3097207 [/quote] I’m attached to my dragons too, it’s why I set aside a trio for the challenge. Your friend could do that too if she likes, since the kingdomlocke isn’t automatically every dragon in your lair, nor does it really incorporate them unless you make specific rules for it That being said, time to go check out your kingdom >:3
Bitterly wrote on 2022-01-21 15:05:20:

I’m attached to my dragons too, it’s why I set aside a trio for the challenge. Your friend could do that too if she likes, since the kingdomlocke isn’t automatically every dragon in your lair, nor does it really incorporate them unless you make specific rules for it

That being said, time to go check out your kingdom >:3
tumblr_542ab0f1a7f1d0810e8769fececf6c76_4ec57c30_250.png IMG_8661.png
I would love to do this!!

Unfortunately my english really isn't the best and I am so incredibly anxious about writing the paragraphs- assuming I find the time to so. I would probably just write them in german and add a little sum up of what happened? I have no idea yet :')

But I'll keep an eye on this nevertheless, in the hopes I can collect enough courage to start this soon.
I would love to do this!!

Unfortunately my english really isn't the best and I am so incredibly anxious about writing the paragraphs- assuming I find the time to so. I would probably just write them in german and add a little sum up of what happened? I have no idea yet :')

But I'll keep an eye on this nevertheless, in the hopes I can collect enough courage to start this soon.
Similis sum folio de quo ludunt venti

You can call me Q.
They / Them. FR +9
@Amubun I can't remember if anyone has asked here, but I was curious in advance.

If one has a dragon with the Knight role (or just extra lives in general), would that save them from the Backstabbing roll? Or would they get immediately exalted anyway?
@Amubun I can't remember if anyone has asked here, but I was curious in advance.

If one has a dragon with the Knight role (or just extra lives in general), would that save them from the Backstabbing roll? Or would they get immediately exalted anyway?
x72ysXo.png
I think I'll try this! Though I'm probably going to keep what little lore I write to the bios of the participating dragons.
I think I'll try this! Though I'm probably going to keep what little lore I write to the bios of the participating dragons.
I've never done a 'locke before but all my friends are doing it so I am jumping on the bandwagon <33

Got my thread set up and everything... my dragons are pretty and I don't want em to die, which is really funny in a ruleset where an unlucky roll will just spontaneously kill dragons. Excited for the spice :))
I've never done a 'locke before but all my friends are doing it so I am jumping on the bandwagon <33

Got my thread set up and everything... my dragons are pretty and I don't want em to die, which is really funny in a ruleset where an unlucky roll will just spontaneously kill dragons. Excited for the spice :))
aspshQy.png
I'm introducing some d20 rules. They may or may not be similiar to TheAwesoMew's d20 rules for the fodderlocke.

Also, I altered some of the existing ones slightly.

If it says exalt and the dragon in question has extra lives, they lose lives instead of being exalted, unless it says otherwise.

1. Three random dragons have fallen prey to the Shade when they were outside the kingdom. Exalt.

2. There’s Romance in the air. Pick two dragons at random. They are now in love. If one dies, flip a coin for the other: if heads, nothing happens. If tails, the other tragically dies and must be exalted.

3. Hunting trip. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. (Your choice). Go until you get a familiar drop.
Alternate Hunting Trip Variation (based on a suggestion by Alphazi) Roll 1d4:
1) Hunting Trip (Look for a familiar)
2) Treasure Hunt (Look for a chest or other openable)
3) Stocking up on Supplies (Look for a battlestone)
4) Costume Shopping (Look for an apparel item)

4. Freeloader. Some random dragon is hanging around the kingdom. Who is this guy? Grab the cheapest adult level 1 dragon off the AH. They join your kingdom.

5-7. Quest time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

8. The Plague! A great sickness comes over your entire clan. Roll a 1d12 for every dragon including your royal. On a 1 the dragon does not survive or loses a life.

9. Backstabbing. Choose a dragon at random who is not the Royal. Exalt them. Bye.
Alternate Honorable Duel Option (inspired by a suggestion by TheAwesoMew): Flip a coin, if heads, take two random not-leader dragons into the coli, and exalt whoever faints first. If tails, do the backstabbing as above.

10. Train the Newbies. Take all your level 4 or lower dragons and level them up one level. If you don’t have any, skip this roll.

11. I quit. Choose a dragon at random. That dragon hates their job and quits. They now have to roll for a new one. The Royal is exempt from this.

12. A coup! Roll 3 d20s. If you roll a 1 with any of them then your kingdom has dramatically betrayed your Royal a la the ides of march and you must exalt them. The dragons elect a new Royal. Randomize a dragon from your kingdom to become the new Royal. If there is an heir, they lose their heir status.

13. An heir comes into the game. Breed your royal with a mate of your choice. Wait until the children grow up. Choose an heir among the surviving children. If the Royal ever is exalted, the heir will take their place. If the royal is not ready to breed or there are no dragons ready to breed, then reroll this result.

14. There’s a scandal (or romance) afoot. Pick two of your ready-to-breed dragons at random if you have any. Put them in a nest. The hatchlings, if they survive, join your kingdom.
If nobody is ready to breed, grab a random hatchling off the AH. A secret forbidden child or sibling has been uncovered!

15. It seems nothing happened today.

16. The kingdom is invaded and the kingdom is forced to flee. Roll the d4 and look and see what happens.

1. Some dragons are left behind. Randomly pick 3 dragons who are not the royal and exalt them.
2. Not many dragons were left behind. Randomly pick 2 dragons who are not the royal and exalt them.
3. Most of the dragons made it to saftey. Randomly pick 1 dragon who is not the royal and exalt them.
4. By a feat of sheer luck, no dragon was left behind.

17. Today was a productive day for one of the kingdom's inhabitants. Choose one random dragon with a job that allows you to do something once a day (such as the tailor: they get to give one dragon one apparel once per day). You get an extra use of that feature. Reroll this result if there are no dragons in your kingdom with this result.

18. Ruh roh. An ambush happened! It happened by surprise, and no one knew it was coming! Roll a d12 for each dragon. On a 1, exalt them.

19. A rebellion happened! Four random dragons who are not the royal rebel against the kingdom. Flip a coin: if tails, they succeed and become a mini-kingdomlocke. If heads, the rebellion fails and the instigators are punished. The instigators must be exalted, no matter how many lives the instigators have.

If they survive the rebellion, the instigators form their own mini-kingdomlocke. You can either use the same result for the main kingdom (like if you got food, then you'd grind with both kingdoms for some battles), or you can use crim and get another result.

Choose a royal to rule the other kingdom, and carry out your daily tasks with the other kingdom like you would with your main kingdom.

If the other kingdomlocke is ever reduced to just 1 member, that member merges with the main kingdom.

There can only be one alternate kingdom at a time. If there is an alternate kingdom and you roll this result again, then flip a coin: heads, a random dragon from the main kingdom joins the alternate kingdom. tails, a random dragon from the alternate kingdom leaves the alternate kingdom and joins the main kingdom.

If you don't like the idea of 2 kingdomlockes running around, feel free to reroll this result.

20. Two random dragons in the kingdom have been blessed with an extra life.

welp. those are my ideas.

i may think of other additional rules for the other professions who dont have a special rule.
I'm introducing some d20 rules. They may or may not be similiar to TheAwesoMew's d20 rules for the fodderlocke.

Also, I altered some of the existing ones slightly.

If it says exalt and the dragon in question has extra lives, they lose lives instead of being exalted, unless it says otherwise.

1. Three random dragons have fallen prey to the Shade when they were outside the kingdom. Exalt.

2. There’s Romance in the air. Pick two dragons at random. They are now in love. If one dies, flip a coin for the other: if heads, nothing happens. If tails, the other tragically dies and must be exalted.

3. Hunting trip. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. (Your choice). Go until you get a familiar drop.
Alternate Hunting Trip Variation (based on a suggestion by Alphazi) Roll 1d4:
1) Hunting Trip (Look for a familiar)
2) Treasure Hunt (Look for a chest or other openable)
3) Stocking up on Supplies (Look for a battlestone)
4) Costume Shopping (Look for an apparel item)

4. Freeloader. Some random dragon is hanging around the kingdom. Who is this guy? Grab the cheapest adult level 1 dragon off the AH. They join your kingdom.

5-7. Quest time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

8. The Plague! A great sickness comes over your entire clan. Roll a 1d12 for every dragon including your royal. On a 1 the dragon does not survive or loses a life.

9. Backstabbing. Choose a dragon at random who is not the Royal. Exalt them. Bye.
Alternate Honorable Duel Option (inspired by a suggestion by TheAwesoMew): Flip a coin, if heads, take two random not-leader dragons into the coli, and exalt whoever faints first. If tails, do the backstabbing as above.

10. Train the Newbies. Take all your level 4 or lower dragons and level them up one level. If you don’t have any, skip this roll.

11. I quit. Choose a dragon at random. That dragon hates their job and quits. They now have to roll for a new one. The Royal is exempt from this.

12. A coup! Roll 3 d20s. If you roll a 1 with any of them then your kingdom has dramatically betrayed your Royal a la the ides of march and you must exalt them. The dragons elect a new Royal. Randomize a dragon from your kingdom to become the new Royal. If there is an heir, they lose their heir status.

13. An heir comes into the game. Breed your royal with a mate of your choice. Wait until the children grow up. Choose an heir among the surviving children. If the Royal ever is exalted, the heir will take their place. If the royal is not ready to breed or there are no dragons ready to breed, then reroll this result.

14. There’s a scandal (or romance) afoot. Pick two of your ready-to-breed dragons at random if you have any. Put them in a nest. The hatchlings, if they survive, join your kingdom.
If nobody is ready to breed, grab a random hatchling off the AH. A secret forbidden child or sibling has been uncovered!

15. It seems nothing happened today.

16. The kingdom is invaded and the kingdom is forced to flee. Roll the d4 and look and see what happens.

1. Some dragons are left behind. Randomly pick 3 dragons who are not the royal and exalt them.
2. Not many dragons were left behind. Randomly pick 2 dragons who are not the royal and exalt them.
3. Most of the dragons made it to saftey. Randomly pick 1 dragon who is not the royal and exalt them.
4. By a feat of sheer luck, no dragon was left behind.

17. Today was a productive day for one of the kingdom's inhabitants. Choose one random dragon with a job that allows you to do something once a day (such as the tailor: they get to give one dragon one apparel once per day). You get an extra use of that feature. Reroll this result if there are no dragons in your kingdom with this result.

18. Ruh roh. An ambush happened! It happened by surprise, and no one knew it was coming! Roll a d12 for each dragon. On a 1, exalt them.

19. A rebellion happened! Four random dragons who are not the royal rebel against the kingdom. Flip a coin: if tails, they succeed and become a mini-kingdomlocke. If heads, the rebellion fails and the instigators are punished. The instigators must be exalted, no matter how many lives the instigators have.

If they survive the rebellion, the instigators form their own mini-kingdomlocke. You can either use the same result for the main kingdom (like if you got food, then you'd grind with both kingdoms for some battles), or you can use crim and get another result.

Choose a royal to rule the other kingdom, and carry out your daily tasks with the other kingdom like you would with your main kingdom.

If the other kingdomlocke is ever reduced to just 1 member, that member merges with the main kingdom.

There can only be one alternate kingdom at a time. If there is an alternate kingdom and you roll this result again, then flip a coin: heads, a random dragon from the main kingdom joins the alternate kingdom. tails, a random dragon from the alternate kingdom leaves the alternate kingdom and joins the main kingdom.

If you don't like the idea of 2 kingdomlockes running around, feel free to reroll this result.

20. Two random dragons in the kingdom have been blessed with an extra life.

welp. those are my ideas.

i may think of other additional rules for the other professions who dont have a special rule.
fireflower.png StarlightDragon7
> Wishlist
> Progen Lineage
> Clan Lore (wip)
> Art dumpster
> Flourish and bloom. And stay determined.
muK7GRQ.png
@Amubun Started my own kingdom here after seeing @LunarFlower 's amazing one!
@Amubun Started my own kingdom here after seeing @LunarFlower 's amazing one!
hi, i'm suzy! | fr + 2

accent shop
wishlist
hatchery
profile templates
mkOslTW.gif nQOlLTR.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11