Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Data] Dom Stats 2021
1 2 3 4
Oh this is so cool! I love these charts :0 Thank you for compiling all this data.
Oh this is so cool! I love these charts :0 Thank you for compiling all this data.
Oasis Songbird .And then the sea swept in, and left us all speechless...
. Wishlist... Sales/Trades... Grab Bags
. Skin/Accent Grab Bags
[quote name="Sylvandyr" date="2022-01-06 16:51:19" ] This is really interesting. I didn't realize it until it was laid out like this, but Light exalted significantly more levels internally during FvL than the combined OOF levels for both flights' raffles. The OOF levels were definitely flashier with the big prize, but they weren't even a majority of Light's levels. I knew Light did extremely well internally during that fight by breaking its own IF records for past battles by a ton, but comparing other battles' numbers, I didn't realize just how much. Based on the recorded output vs. the actual performance during the battle, there's significant evidence that Light has one of the largest active populations, rather than sitting at a middle-of-the-pack flight size. I wish there was a more accurate way to calculate the active user totals per flight, because compared to the World Map numbers, it seems that many flights are either smaller or larger than expected by a pretty significant amount. Actual battle data suggests that Shadow's certainly one of the largest and Earth's one of the smallest still, but for the flights in the middle there seems to be much more of an enigma. Even if a flight fits its expected "small" or "large" labels, the true ratios are quite cloudy, e.g. it could be 2.5:1 instead of 1.5:1... which makes a big difference when exalted levels are in the hundreds of thousands. [/quote] I 100% agree with you; I've been in light my entire time here, and while the last time I was even a little bit invested in exalting for dom reasons was way back in 2017, I do try to keep track of where light ends up on the board every week, and y'all? Since I've been here (April 2015) I don't think we've been below 6th place on the dom board more than... 10 times? I'm sure the actual number is somewhere and since I'm not actively involved with dom anymore and have never done it specifically as a part of our coordinated team you should probably take my words with a grain of salt and ask someone who knows more than me. Even just watching the board, though, you kind of get the sense that we could just decide to profit push at any impromptu moment and get a surprisingly large backing from our playerbase. I'm pretty sure I actually said "really? no way" out loud when I saw us down at 8th place one time because I'm just so used to seeing us in the upper half of the rankings. Beyond that, I've joined the Light Flight Discord within the past year, and even just being part of the active community there is a pretty positive experience, so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that our dom community at large would likely be the same way and bring in a lot of people, even if said people are newer at dom and can't get as high of an exalt percentage. I've seen a lot of players, who, even if they don't actively exalt themselves during pushes, definitely contribute to the larger effort by boarding or leveling or anything in between, and while every flight does that for their dom efforts, I'm always shocked by the number of acolights I see with reserved fodder tabs, even if they only have a handful of dragons in them. I'm almost certain a lot of those players' tabs get near-immediately drained when we're actively pushing. Honestly, even without any data, I'd be willing to bet Light's in the top three for active populations, is what I'm saying. Again, there's definitely someone out there who could give you more accurate info than me, but this is just what I've noticed from the outside looking in.
Sylvandyr wrote on 2022-01-06 16:51:19:
This is really interesting. I didn't realize it until it was laid out like this, but Light exalted significantly more levels internally during FvL than the combined OOF levels for both flights' raffles. The OOF levels were definitely flashier with the big prize, but they weren't even a majority of Light's levels.

I knew Light did extremely well internally during that fight by breaking its own IF records for past battles by a ton, but comparing other battles' numbers, I didn't realize just how much.

Based on the recorded output vs. the actual performance during the battle, there's significant evidence that Light has one of the largest active populations, rather than sitting at a middle-of-the-pack flight size. I wish there was a more accurate way to calculate the active user totals per flight, because compared to the World Map numbers, it seems that many flights are either smaller or larger than expected by a pretty significant amount. Actual battle data suggests that Shadow's certainly one of the largest and Earth's one of the smallest still, but for the flights in the middle there seems to be much more of an enigma. Even if a flight fits its expected "small" or "large" labels, the true ratios are quite cloudy, e.g. it could be 2.5:1 instead of 1.5:1... which makes a big difference when exalted levels are in the hundreds of thousands.

I 100% agree with you; I've been in light my entire time here, and while the last time I was even a little bit invested in exalting for dom reasons was way back in 2017, I do try to keep track of where light ends up on the board every week, and y'all?

Since I've been here (April 2015) I don't think we've been below 6th place on the dom board more than... 10 times? I'm sure the actual number is somewhere and since I'm not actively involved with dom anymore and have never done it specifically as a part of our coordinated team you should probably take my words with a grain of salt and ask someone who knows more than me. Even just watching the board, though, you kind of get the sense that we could just decide to profit push at any impromptu moment and get a surprisingly large backing from our playerbase. I'm pretty sure I actually said "really? no way" out loud when I saw us down at 8th place one time because I'm just so used to seeing us in the upper half of the rankings.

Beyond that, I've joined the Light Flight Discord within the past year, and even just being part of the active community there is a pretty positive experience, so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that our dom community at large would likely be the same way and bring in a lot of people, even if said people are newer at dom and can't get as high of an exalt percentage. I've seen a lot of players, who, even if they don't actively exalt themselves during pushes, definitely contribute to the larger effort by boarding or leveling or anything in between, and while every flight does that for their dom efforts, I'm always shocked by the number of acolights I see with reserved fodder tabs, even if they only have a handful of dragons in them. I'm almost certain a lot of those players' tabs get near-immediately drained when we're actively pushing.

Honestly, even without any data, I'd be willing to bet Light's in the top three for active populations, is what I'm saying. Again, there's definitely someone out there who could give you more accurate info than me, but this is just what I've noticed from the outside looking in.
"But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.

This I did."

@SCB It's not quite as bad to look at as I remember! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/683419813711839318/928851651077484574/unknown.png[/img] @Tamabukku1000 I have theories about active sizes too but unfortunately close dom battles with flips near the end are the best way to give me data to confirm/refute these theories and those are few and far between LOL. But yes, I would guess that Light is the 3rd largest flight in terms of active players, after Shadow and Plague. Not sure if I'm right, though!
@SCB

It's not quite as bad to look at as I remember!

unknown.png

@Tamabukku1000 I have theories about active sizes too but unfortunately close dom battles with flips near the end are the best way to give me data to confirm/refute these theories and those are few and far between LOL. But yes, I would guess that Light is the 3rd largest flight in terms of active players, after Shadow and Plague. Not sure if I'm right, though!
Na5WGHa.png
Niiice! Thank you!
Niiice! Thank you!
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
this is SO COOL!!!!!!!!!
this is SO COOL!!!!!!!!!
It's great to see Plague going back up! Haven't been involved much in FR/dom since 2014, back when Plague had the top spot most of the time!
It's great to see Plague going back up! Haven't been involved much in FR/dom since 2014, back when Plague had the top spot most of the time!
eG6Zatg.png
I love data stuff like this,

Earth just goes hard with dom lol 46 times out of total possible 52 weeks a year.
just 6 more placements and they'd have had a perfect every week of the year.
I love data stuff like this,

Earth just goes hard with dom lol 46 times out of total possible 52 weeks a year.
just 6 more placements and they'd have had a perfect every week of the year.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
@Kapow

I think Earth could get a "perfect" record if that was one of their goals! I don't think they care to try, though, It would mean giving up on potential profit on weeks where other flights offer great payouts. From what I've seen of the team's ethos they're more focused on putting on fun events and activities than trying to place more.
@Kapow

I think Earth could get a "perfect" record if that was one of their goals! I don't think they care to try, though, It would mean giving up on potential profit on weeks where other flights offer great payouts. From what I've seen of the team's ethos they're more focused on putting on fun events and activities than trying to place more.
Na5WGHa.png
Earth seems pretty good at building up their community and has a good mindset around exalting and dom, it's impressive (they also seem really welcoming) it makes it [i]so[/i] tempting to switch to them, but the eye color doesn't suit my projects. [emoji=tundra laughing size=1]
Earth seems pretty good at building up their community and has a good mindset around exalting and dom, it's impressive (they also seem really welcoming) it makes it so tempting to switch to them, but the eye color doesn't suit my projects.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
1 2 3 4