Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Revert Obelisk Flair, No moreConsistancy
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 43 44
Support!! I used Flair on my dirt-maned obe because the orange looked so beautiful, and now it's just.. some gross yellow, and the sparkles hardly show up on it at all anymore. My poor boy is ruined and he was one of my favourite dragons, the first one I ever fully gened T^T He matched so perfectly with his Paradise Zalis, and now.. it's all gone.
Personally, I'm beyond confused on how this could have been a bug like claimed -- they used the so-called "bugged" Obes as the main showcase for the gene, and for a "bug" it sure did have a lot of work put into it to make it look like that. This isn't just "whoops we used one wrong colour or left out a single gradient" -- the "bug" supposedly.. added in multiple more accent colours and gradients altogether? That's one heck of a large thing to pass off as a bug. How exactly would a bug add in matchy gradients and seemingly customized accent colour combos like that, I don't understand.
Edit: Not saying it secretly wasn't a bug, but... I'm genuinely confused how it even happened. A bug is a bug, but I just-- how did the bug add in more colours and gradients to this scale?? How does that happen???
Support!! I used Flair on my dirt-maned obe because the orange looked so beautiful, and now it's just.. some gross yellow, and the sparkles hardly show up on it at all anymore. My poor boy is ruined and he was one of my favourite dragons, the first one I ever fully gened T^T He matched so perfectly with his Paradise Zalis, and now.. it's all gone.
Personally, I'm beyond confused on how this could have been a bug like claimed -- they used the so-called "bugged" Obes as the main showcase for the gene, and for a "bug" it sure did have a lot of work put into it to make it look like that. This isn't just "whoops we used one wrong colour or left out a single gradient" -- the "bug" supposedly.. added in multiple more accent colours and gradients altogether? That's one heck of a large thing to pass off as a bug. How exactly would a bug add in matchy gradients and seemingly customized accent colour combos like that, I don't understand.
Edit: Not saying it secretly wasn't a bug, but... I'm genuinely confused how it even happened. A bug is a bug, but I just-- how did the bug add in more colours and gradients to this scale?? How does that happen???
AutisticMaveriqueNonbinary, They/Them
SystemOtherkinFurry
This is an exalting lair
Support because this dramatic a change should have been communicated beforehand. It's dramatically altered the look of all obelisks with the gene and we should have been warned of a change that big. Please revert their manes!

It's not about thinking one version is prettier than the other, and I don't support a community poll about changes like this. The devs get to make decisions about their game, but they also have a responsibility to communicate with their players before it becomes a big problem.
Support because this dramatic a change should have been communicated beforehand. It's dramatically altered the look of all obelisks with the gene and we should have been warned of a change that big. Please revert their manes!

It's not about thinking one version is prettier than the other, and I don't support a community poll about changes like this. The devs get to make decisions about their game, but they also have a responsibility to communicate with their players before it becomes a big problem.
NXwxhXo.png
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2021-12-28 12:38:24" ] [quote name="Shian" date="2021-12-28 12:31:43" ] Support. I, thankfully learned my lesson being burned with the mini nuclear problem that was banescales. Lesson is: Don't count on anything newly released for two years until devs stop messing with things. Because they have before without warning. Here I thought it was just hex but apparently something new came up and was never communicated. Those changes are all permanent. Your lost gems and treasure are permanent. If there's even a hint of any error with whatever the newest breed is, don't buy it for two years. I guess this is my mantra now. [/quote] butterfly "fix" was more longer than 2 years! [/quote] Iri/Shim still broken on various breeds/colors. One of the first genes added to the site, and it still is under repair.
Alkhor wrote on 2021-12-28 12:38:24:
Shian wrote on 2021-12-28 12:31:43:
Support.

I, thankfully learned my lesson being burned with the mini nuclear problem that was banescales. Lesson is: Don't count on anything newly released for two years until devs stop messing with things. Because they have before without warning. Here I thought it was just hex but apparently something new came up and was never communicated.

Those changes are all permanent. Your lost gems and treasure are permanent.

If there's even a hint of any error with whatever the newest breed is, don't buy it for two years.

I guess this is my mantra now.
butterfly "fix" was more longer than 2 years!
Iri/Shim still broken on various breeds/colors. One of the first genes added to the site, and it still is under repair.
uCR5SCW.png
The universe has regarded this as a very bad move
The universe has regarded this as a very bad move
lightfull.png
That was a bug? Dang, I actually liked that gene on obes, guess it's just another gene i won't be using at all on them.

Edit. I Support this, meant to say that the first time whoops.
That was a bug? Dang, I actually liked that gene on obes, guess it's just another gene i won't be using at all on them.

Edit. I Support this, meant to say that the first time whoops.
Also full support
Also full support
lightfull.png
Support. I spent a lot of Flaunt/Flair and Obe scrolls. Quite a few of my dragons were ruined, especially my Fire ones.
Support. I spent a lot of Flaunt/Flair and Obe scrolls. Quite a few of my dragons were ruined, especially my Fire ones.
gfCdYdH.gif Ninth | She/Her
Shadow and Bone Hatchery
Skins and Accents
full support! the beautiful coloration of obelisks manes has always been what really made them stand out to me, and the former versions had nothing to them that implied they were broken
full support! the beautiful coloration of obelisks manes has always been what really made them stand out to me, and the former versions had nothing to them that implied they were broken
sKx1wfM.png21402.png
they/them - FAFLzc1.png - fandragons
Support. This should have been stated somewhere before being "fixed". A staff member even outright acknowledged it's been around long enough people fell in love with it. I understand being as accurate as possible is very important for staff but even a mock-up gene error thread with a disclaimer that it's a mock-up would have been better than dropping this on everyone. Not only was it unfair to do it without warning (especially since we were told of broken genes being noted and this was not one of them) but this was the worst time in fr to do it what with gift exchanges and notn giving people enough currency to finish project or start them with g1 nocturne hatches that could have potentially been scried as flair obes
Support. This should have been stated somewhere before being "fixed". A staff member even outright acknowledged it's been around long enough people fell in love with it. I understand being as accurate as possible is very important for staff but even a mock-up gene error thread with a disclaimer that it's a mock-up would have been better than dropping this on everyone. Not only was it unfair to do it without warning (especially since we were told of broken genes being noted and this was not one of them) but this was the worst time in fr to do it what with gift exchanges and notn giving people enough currency to finish project or start them with g1 nocturne hatches that could have potentially been scried as flair obes
JRQKYbz.png kFuJSvU.png
Full support. If you want consistency, change the manes of the tundras and PCs instead! It always drives me bonkers when setting up a new dragon how big swathes of some breeds stay flat and 'basic' no matter what genes they have. It's an eyesore.
Full support. If you want consistency, change the manes of the tundras and PCs instead! It always drives me bonkers when setting up a new dragon how big swathes of some breeds stay flat and 'basic' no matter what genes they have. It's an eyesore.
UJXttDL.png
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 43 44