Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Revert Obelisk Flair, No moreConsistancy
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 43 44
[center]Full Support! Please roll-back! One of my favorite Obbys, Nephilim I specifically purchased because of her ashy-aesthetic. x_x Old: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/846937756533915658/925433800924741732/unknown-374.png[/img] New: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/846937756533915658/925433801117687818/dragon.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71261143]My poor darling :([/url] She didn't get hit as hard as other obbys, but blegh she just looks so absolutely naked now. Like unglazed clay. IMHO ruins the lore I had made up in my head for her, too. [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/846937756533915658/925434983777194014/71261143_350.png]Original + Apparel[/url] If we're going for consistency, I'd argue that Tundras needed a "fix" more than Obbys due to the fact they're lacking most of the markings that flair give, where as flair gives this nice flame-esc pattern on most species-- on tundras its only the diamond shapes? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/846937756533915658/925436706906337301/dragon_1.png[/img] I always thought they looked so naked without all of the distinct flair of flair anyways (lol)[/center]
Full Support! Please roll-back!
One of my favorite Obbys, Nephilim I specifically purchased because of her ashy-aesthetic. x_x
Old:
unknown-374.png
New:
dragon.png
My poor darling :(
She didn't get hit as hard as other obbys, but blegh she just looks so absolutely naked now. Like unglazed clay. IMHO ruins the lore I had made up in my head for her, too.
Original + Apparel

If we're going for consistency, I'd argue that Tundras needed a "fix" more than Obbys due to the fact they're lacking most of the markings that flair give, where as flair gives this nice flame-esc pattern on most species-- on tundras its only the diamond shapes?
dragon_1.png
I always thought they looked so naked without all of the distinct flair of flair anyways (lol)
rainmiel.png
@SilverLately what's the thing with obelisks and safari? I've been hearing a few mentions of it but don't know what it is
@SilverLately what's the thing with obelisks and safari? I've been hearing a few mentions of it but don't know what it is
aurjay_head_small.pnghello there
yeah new flair looks.... objectively worse. Fr has rolled back terrible looking gene fixes before, i sure hope they do this time. Support, of course
yeah new flair looks.... objectively worse. Fr has rolled back terrible looking gene fixes before, i sure hope they do this time. Support, of course
BVY1Ftg.png
Support.

I, thankfully learned my lesson being burned with the mini nuclear problem that was banescales. Lesson is: Don't count on anything newly released for two years until devs stop messing with things. Because they have before without warning. Here I thought it was just hex but apparently something new came up and was never communicated.

Those changes are all permanent. Your lost gems and treasure are permanent.

If there's even a hint of any error with whatever the newest breed is, don't buy it for two years.

I guess this is my mantra now.

Support.

I, thankfully learned my lesson being burned with the mini nuclear problem that was banescales. Lesson is: Don't count on anything newly released for two years until devs stop messing with things. Because they have before without warning. Here I thought it was just hex but apparently something new came up and was never communicated.

Those changes are all permanent. Your lost gems and treasure are permanent.

If there's even a hint of any error with whatever the newest breed is, don't buy it for two years.

I guess this is my mantra now.

Y3kY2LN.png
Support- this change is extremely disappointing. I understand the desire for consistency, but with how different dragons are, sometimes inconsistency is necessarily to make things work on wildly different breeds. Obelisks are very mane heavy, so particularly switching from having this gene have a nice gradient that makes the mane interesting and more cohesive to flat color does the breed a disservice. In addition, the top bit of mane that uses the accent color makes the updated version look bugged.

Support- this change is extremely disappointing. I understand the desire for consistency, but with how different dragons are, sometimes inconsistency is necessarily to make things work on wildly different breeds. Obelisks are very mane heavy, so particularly switching from having this gene have a nice gradient that makes the mane interesting and more cohesive to flat color does the breed a disservice. In addition, the top bit of mane that uses the accent color makes the updated version look bugged.

CVX0Ylh.png
support, change it back!
support, change it back!
pJX0JaI.gif bee
FR +3
they/them

G1 addict
tired 24/7
waporvave

z0gmzJu.png
Sss701O.png accent shop
Sss701O.png g1 sales
Sss701O.png free brews
Sss701O.png outfit shop
z0gmzJu.png
full support. it feels odd how, yet again, there was a choice of waiting months before even daring to mention that the gene was broken. hell, if it was a bug that needed to be fixed, why was the banner on the front page for the announcement of flaunt/flair a baby obelisk? one would think that the product they're advertising is the final product, no?

i'm upset about both the change and how the staff keeps making the same mistake - sorry, "fix" - over and over again. at least this didn't take literal years like with butterfly lol
full support. it feels odd how, yet again, there was a choice of waiting months before even daring to mention that the gene was broken. hell, if it was a bug that needed to be fixed, why was the banner on the front page for the announcement of flaunt/flair a baby obelisk? one would think that the product they're advertising is the final product, no?

i'm upset about both the change and how the staff keeps making the same mistake - sorry, "fix" - over and over again. at least this didn't take literal years like with butterfly lol

frankie
they/he
i mostly lurk
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ 6nTiCvE.png
Full support!

I appreciate the intent and hard work, but I think sometimes an "error" works out. Or whatever, dont fix what isnt broken and all that.
Full support!

I appreciate the intent and hard work, but I think sometimes an "error" works out. Or whatever, dont fix what isnt broken and all that.
fXjdRL8.png
Dang, that gorgeous version was the "error?" Has a lot more "Flair" than the other one, and the different colored tips look so good! Please change it back D:

Man the quote from the update is even "Obelisk Flair now has the same mane color as flair manes on other breeds." But that doesn't make it an error, artistically speaking. I also don't recall anybody reporting this as an error, the way I definitely saw reports about Hex and Noxtide. I assume that Flair was only considered an error internally and not by the players, which is not to say that errors players don't notice shouldn't be corrected, but when the bug looks like a feature, people get upset when it's changed.

And finally, this one might be on me, but I can't find the old announcement about which Obelisk genes were going to be changed. I thought there was a pinned announcement for upcoming gene fixes, but I can't find it. Can it be made easier to find please?

I have also been holding off on buying Shimmer for an Obelisk because I don't know whether it's going to be changed :P Can we have a more comprehensive way to see what sort of changes to expect, and also maybe fewer changes made when the genes in question are being used and loved by players?
Dang, that gorgeous version was the "error?" Has a lot more "Flair" than the other one, and the different colored tips look so good! Please change it back D:

Man the quote from the update is even "Obelisk Flair now has the same mane color as flair manes on other breeds." But that doesn't make it an error, artistically speaking. I also don't recall anybody reporting this as an error, the way I definitely saw reports about Hex and Noxtide. I assume that Flair was only considered an error internally and not by the players, which is not to say that errors players don't notice shouldn't be corrected, but when the bug looks like a feature, people get upset when it's changed.

And finally, this one might be on me, but I can't find the old announcement about which Obelisk genes were going to be changed. I thought there was a pinned announcement for upcoming gene fixes, but I can't find it. Can it be made easier to find please?

I have also been holding off on buying Shimmer for an Obelisk because I don't know whether it's going to be changed :P Can we have a more comprehensive way to see what sort of changes to expect, and also maybe fewer changes made when the genes in question are being used and loved by players?
@GeoDragon [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=10&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=18&wings=67&auth=2ad8954e5d4428801a064b171541989bde07f6a6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Obelisks have this gradient [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=1&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=18&wings=67&auth=941e77ace43f1cf4d8a62b9e3a88098328cd95ec&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Tundras have the little stripes down below their chin Though in this case it's more tundras having a unique element to their manes, since imps and SDs have (very small) gradients. But bringing it up was to support the idea that genes can, do, and should have small differences based on the breed.
@GeoDragon

dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=10&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=18&wings=67&auth=2ad8954e5d4428801a064b171541989bde07f6a6&dummyext=prev.png
Obelisks have this gradient

dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=1&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=18&wings=67&auth=941e77ace43f1cf4d8a62b9e3a88098328cd95ec&dummyext=prev.png
Tundras have the little stripes down below their chin

Though in this case it's more tundras having a unique element to their manes, since imps and SDs have (very small) gradients. But bringing it up was to support the idea that genes can, do, and should have small differences based on the breed.

1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 43 44