Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Revert Obelisk Flair, No moreConsistancy
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43 44
I think this was an absolutely terrible change - I don't believe the manes weren't intentional. How do you unintentionally shade a mane?? With this change their manes look so flat and it doesn't go with the rest of the gene. Obelisk flair was so unique and beautiful, it was a well received gene so I can't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to change it months later, ESPECIALLY without any input from the community.

I really think there needs to be more polls and effort to communicate with us all on fr and listen to what WE want. Even if it WAS a bug, it was a good one. A lot of people are disappointed with this and have to throw out their anticipated gene projects. It's not a good move and I think it would be better to revert or compromise by giving some possible change examples and letting the community vote on it.

Edit: also the "breed consistency" argument makes no sense considering how most people enjoy when a gene looks different on different breeds... *coughs* Tundras
I think this was an absolutely terrible change - I don't believe the manes weren't intentional. How do you unintentionally shade a mane?? With this change their manes look so flat and it doesn't go with the rest of the gene. Obelisk flair was so unique and beautiful, it was a well received gene so I can't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to change it months later, ESPECIALLY without any input from the community.

I really think there needs to be more polls and effort to communicate with us all on fr and listen to what WE want. Even if it WAS a bug, it was a good one. A lot of people are disappointed with this and have to throw out their anticipated gene projects. It's not a good move and I think it would be better to revert or compromise by giving some possible change examples and letting the community vote on it.

Edit: also the "breed consistency" argument makes no sense considering how most people enjoy when a gene looks different on different breeds... *coughs* Tundras
support, please change it back to how it was before
;-;
support, please change it back to how it was before
;-;
34047237.png
73030014.png
Full support. A heads up for all of the errors is needed so people can make other plans before the fixes are made. This is a disappointing announcement, not only for the lack of communication, but the sudden change that came out of nowhere with no warning. If this is permanent, then that is a whole lotta damage.

I'm glad I didn't change my Noct into an Obel yet. She was going to be a colorful dragon and her mane was yellow before the change, but now it's all red. My other Obelisk had a bright blue accent to match her primary, and that's gone, too.
Full support. A heads up for all of the errors is needed so people can make other plans before the fixes are made. This is a disappointing announcement, not only for the lack of communication, but the sudden change that came out of nowhere with no warning. If this is permanent, then that is a whole lotta damage.

I'm glad I didn't change my Noct into an Obel yet. She was going to be a colorful dragon and her mane was yellow before the change, but now it's all red. My other Obelisk had a bright blue accent to match her primary, and that's gone, too.
Full support for this, I loved the old manes, and obelisk flair was great as it was!
Full support for this, I loved the old manes, and obelisk flair was great as it was!
72917137_350.png
Full support! I seen the unique gradients as something special to obelisks, since their bodies are half manes anyways. I don't think anyone really seen it as a glitch? Now it just feels super flat. I think there was way too long of a wait to change it, especially since obes were the ones on the announcement banner for the gene. It ruined a lot of peoples dragons and plans :(
Full support! I seen the unique gradients as something special to obelisks, since their bodies are half manes anyways. I don't think anyone really seen it as a glitch? Now it just feels super flat. I think there was way too long of a wait to change it, especially since obes were the ones on the announcement banner for the gene. It ruined a lot of peoples dragons and plans :(
wqq.png anduins.gif ezgif-1-5db0c92ece.png
Poison | Ecto/Ect | Artist | +3 FR Time
Accent Shop
The Library | Wishlist |
Oilslick Quest | Icon Dragon
ezgif-1-5db0c92ece.png
mtahk.gif
Support! This threw a wrench into a lot of my obe plans :(
Support! This threw a wrench into a lot of my obe plans :(
xCVbB5p.pngJ7D1quC.png
tyEuRXe.png5iXiC8z.pngFMoJ9vk.pngKNdRBxl.png
tqGkHih.pngbWeLCqf.pngbYt72YT.png
rI18gRz.png2o0TleX.png
YMPbu9R.png5hF3FGk.png
Like I think a huge part of why this looks weird is how much of the Obelisk the mane takes up. It "works" (I've always wished skydancer manes and tails had a bit of gradient) on other breeds because the mane isn't too obtrusive, but on the obelisk it's the centerpiece basically. It deserves to be colorful and showy, it's one of the main reasons you'd have a dragon be an obelisk.

And I do think it's important to think of that on an individual breed design point as well as a consistency point - yes this is more consistent, but does it make sense for this breed? Many obelisk secondary genes affect the mane in non-usual ways, such as rosette, presumably because there's so much mane on obelisk and it would look odd to keep it flat. It's a much larger mane than other breeds have, even moreso than gaolers or tundras, and just from a character design standpoint it should get a bit of a special treatment.
Like I think a huge part of why this looks weird is how much of the Obelisk the mane takes up. It "works" (I've always wished skydancer manes and tails had a bit of gradient) on other breeds because the mane isn't too obtrusive, but on the obelisk it's the centerpiece basically. It deserves to be colorful and showy, it's one of the main reasons you'd have a dragon be an obelisk.

And I do think it's important to think of that on an individual breed design point as well as a consistency point - yes this is more consistent, but does it make sense for this breed? Many obelisk secondary genes affect the mane in non-usual ways, such as rosette, presumably because there's so much mane on obelisk and it would look odd to keep it flat. It's a much larger mane than other breeds have, even moreso than gaolers or tundras, and just from a character design standpoint it should get a bit of a special treatment.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
The original Flair was quite obviously drawn that way, it wasn't a random color bleed, miscolor or error of any kind, so the change is just a series of questions "why". For all player suggestions that hinge on personal preference ("I don't like this") I always say no support, so in this case it seems like staff are the ones going "I don't like this", so I support the original Flair.
The original Flair was quite obviously drawn that way, it wasn't a random color bleed, miscolor or error of any kind, so the change is just a series of questions "why". For all player suggestions that hinge on personal preference ("I don't like this") I always say no support, so in this case it seems like staff are the ones going "I don't like this", so I support the original Flair.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I hate the new one, Hopefully they change it back. So many plans ruined and currents of others. :/
I hate the new one, Hopefully they change it back. So many plans ruined and currents of others. :/
69873495.png46486526.png90121577.png87188765.png9396437.png
Support for changing it back to the original art, this sudden change feels unfair and has messed up a lot of people's favourite dragons. The 'corrected' art actually looks broken by comparison and is an overall downgrade, this honestly feels more like a case of change for the sake of change rather than fixing an error.
Support for changing it back to the original art, this sudden change feels unfair and has messed up a lot of people's favourite dragons. The 'corrected' art actually looks broken by comparison and is an overall downgrade, this honestly feels more like a case of change for the sake of change rather than fixing an error.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43 44