Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | welp there goes my love of flair
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 54 55
[quote name="ufology" date="2021-12-28 08:27:06" ] I wish they'd prioritise getting that gene error masterlist out faster... I don't think most people (me included) knew it was broken [emoji=spiral sad size=1] [/quote] I'm sorry to those disappointed by the change. I was working on copying over bugs from the locked gene post to the master post today, and grabbed some of the easier fixes to upload when I encountered them. So in a round-about way, the list being updated is why these fixes were being implemented. The master gene error list is nearly finished and will be posted soon. It's something that we agree will be helpful in both communicating errors to players, as well as getting them queued up for fixes as staff. Again, our apologies to those who enjoyed the bugged versions and apologies that those versions stayed up long enough to fall in love with. It's something we hope to negate with the posting of this list. I think I will focus on just getting the list finished (it has taken longer than anticipated due to there being over a hundred pages to compile and check.) and not working on fixes simultaneously so we have the communication before the changes.
ufology wrote on 2021-12-28 08:27:06:
I wish they'd prioritise getting that gene error masterlist out faster... I don't think most people (me included) knew it was broken

I'm sorry to those disappointed by the change.

I was working on copying over bugs from the locked gene post to the master post today, and grabbed some of the easier fixes to upload when I encountered them. So in a round-about way, the list being updated is why these fixes were being implemented.

The master gene error list is nearly finished and will be posted soon. It's something that we agree will be helpful in both communicating errors to players, as well as getting them queued up for fixes as staff.

Again, our apologies to those who enjoyed the bugged versions and apologies that those versions stayed up long enough to fall in love with. It's something we hope to negate with the posting of this list.

I think I will focus on just getting the list finished (it has taken longer than anticipated due to there being over a hundred pages to compile and check.) and not working on fixes simultaneously so we have the communication before the changes.
I had a lot of scries with Flair on Obelisks and now they look... very different, to say the least. ""for consistency's sake"" feels like a weird argument considering now a good chunk of these manes look flat & don't even have the same gradients that you'd expect since their wings look totally different.
I had a lot of scries with Flair on Obelisks and now they look... very different, to say the least. ""for consistency's sake"" feels like a weird argument considering now a good chunk of these manes look flat & don't even have the same gradients that you'd expect since their wings look totally different.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@dearagony || it/its || +3 fr
This is nonsense. Now I don’t have a gene project for one of my dragons.
This is nonsense. Now I don’t have a gene project for one of my dragons.
comm_yaeshon.png
Never been more upset about a gene "fix". This has hugely altered my already gened dragons :/

It's not even a subtle change. Several of my dragons are completely different now. Totally unacceptable imo.
Never been more upset about a gene "fix". This has hugely altered my already gened dragons :/

It's not even a subtle change. Several of my dragons are completely different now. Totally unacceptable imo.
42978694_MHOUAk0oybKLsTZ.png
[quote name="Hag" date="2021-12-28 09:26:27" ] Never been more upset about a gene "fix". This has hugely altered my already gened dragons :/ It's not even a subtle change. Several of my dragons are completely different now. Totally unacceptable imo. [/quote] Agreed. In my opinion, it looks horrible.
Hag wrote on 2021-12-28 09:26:27:

Agreed. In my opinion, it looks horrible.
My only Flair obbie was luckily not overly affected by this change. Old: [img]https://i.imgur.com/6T8ugKA.png[/img] New: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=96&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=2&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=8&winggene=82&wings=159&auth=9e54c0d18c982030598d49820fd46a5ca81ccfe8&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Seeing some of the drastic differences in this thread makes me sad, though. A lot of very pretty scries were changed for the worse. The gradients on the mane were one of my favorite features on the breed and to see that gone is disappointing. I understand the reason for why they were altered, but I'll miss the old style.
My only Flair obbie was luckily not overly affected by this change.

Old:
6T8ugKA.png

New:
dragon?age=0&body=96&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=2&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=8&winggene=82&wings=159&auth=9e54c0d18c982030598d49820fd46a5ca81ccfe8&dummyext=prev.png

Seeing some of the drastic differences in this thread makes me sad, though. A lot of very pretty scries were changed for the worse. The gradients on the mane were one of my favorite features on the breed and to see that gone is disappointing. I understand the reason for why they were altered, but I'll miss the old style.
Or9nbxj.png I change my avatar and vista frequently but it's really this signature that needs a change.
Well darn. I have an Obs with Honey secondary that I wanted to use Flair on because the color it changed to matched really well with the greens that come out from his gened Primary and Tert. I don't have a "before" image of him itself, but just imagine this mane color: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/857076464120889364/905530017713377360/Honey.png[/img] On this dragon: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=113&tertgene=73&winggene=82&wings=93&auth=72dc4c75edc071898df0cd3592891064997c0f85&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Now his mane is yellow again and while Blend, Eel, Marbled and Spinner have some decent amount of green, it's just not the same.
Well darn. I have an Obs with Honey secondary that I wanted to use Flair on because the color it changed to matched really well with the greens that come out from his gened Primary and Tert.

I don't have a "before" image of him itself, but just imagine this mane color:
Honey.png
On this dragon:
dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=113&tertgene=73&winggene=82&wings=93&auth=72dc4c75edc071898df0cd3592891064997c0f85&dummyext=prev.png

Now his mane is yellow again and while Blend, Eel, Marbled and Spinner have some decent amount of green, it's just not the same.
-AchievementGet-
[quote name="Undel" date="2021-12-28 09:25:09" ] [quote name="ufology" date="2021-12-28 08:27:06" ] I wish they'd prioritise getting that gene error masterlist out faster... I don't think most people (me included) knew it was broken [emoji=spiral sad size=1] [/quote] I'm sorry to those disappointed by the change. I was working on copying over bugs from the locked gene post to a master post today, and grabbed some of the easier fixes to upload when I encountered them, thus they were updated. The master gene error list is nearly finished and will be posted soon. [/quote] Aaand the devs have noticed the complaining.
Undel wrote on 2021-12-28 09:25:09:
ufology wrote on 2021-12-28 08:27:06:
I wish they'd prioritise getting that gene error masterlist out faster... I don't think most people (me included) knew it was broken

I'm sorry to those disappointed by the change.

I was working on copying over bugs from the locked gene post to a master post today, and grabbed some of the easier fixes to upload when I encountered them, thus they were updated. The master gene error list is nearly finished and will be posted soon.
Aaand the devs have noticed the complaining.
LEpJMnn.pngCpFdYgG.pngoaolHwW.pngmjtJ868.pngcZOnhJ9.pngq9EEy5M.png
Yes I do in fact like dinosuars.
FObX7rS.pngDXTcInl.pngoouioVf.png5hF3FGk.pngWQA384m.pngYMPbu9R.png
[url=https://imgbb.com/][img]https://i.ibb.co/Zzc4DGb/Dragonflair.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70119594][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701196/70119594_350.png[/img][/url] She's so different and I hate it, I would never have spent money on a gen one and gened them with a known faulty gene.
Dragonflair.png

70119594_350.png

She's so different and I hate it, I would never have spent money on a gen one and gened them with a known faulty gene.
LIo8D8G.gif
[quote name="Promare" date="2021-12-28 09:21:35" ] i've already posted comparisons of my dragons before and after and my thoughts on the change (negative) in this thread, but i think saying 'staff don't like announcing things so we should have guessed' is.. true wrt staff, but not a very fair way to look at changes on the site, because with that logic no one would ever work on projects out of fear staff will 'fix' another gene. newer players also have no way of knowing that lack of communication is the norm and staff haven't learned how to communicate better with their userbase to not repeat the butterfly skydancer/tundra situation. i'm trying to be polite about my feelings on it, because i would like if this was returned to the original look and don't want it left by staff out of spite, but it is extremely frustrating for me and other ppl whose dragons were very obviously changed from this, and we had no way of knowing it was even broken. [/quote] unfortunately this is what happens when you set a precedent. sure we'll get a master list of gene fixes but the precedent for anything can be changed down the road was set with the scattersight debacle. The only reason people were fine with that for the most part was because it benefited them.
Promare wrote on 2021-12-28 09:21:35:
i've already posted comparisons of my dragons before and after and my thoughts on the change (negative) in this thread, but i think saying 'staff don't like announcing things so we should have guessed' is.. true wrt staff, but not a very fair way to look at changes on the site, because with that logic no one would ever work on projects out of fear staff will 'fix' another gene. newer players also have no way of knowing that lack of communication is the norm and staff haven't learned how to communicate better with their userbase to not repeat the butterfly skydancer/tundra situation. i'm trying to be polite about my feelings on it, because i would like if this was returned to the original look and don't want it left by staff out of spite, but it is extremely frustrating for me and other ppl whose dragons were very obviously changed from this, and we had no way of knowing it was even broken.

unfortunately this is what happens when you set a precedent. sure we'll get a master list of gene fixes but the precedent for anything can be changed down the road was set with the scattersight debacle. The only reason people were fine with that for the most part was because it benefited them.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 54 55