Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Revert Obelisk Flair, No moreConsistancy
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 43 44
this honestly doesn't feel like a fix at all, more of a slapdash backpedaling. it makes me wonder if they're planning on releasing a different gene similar to how it looked on obs and just decided to break it on the one breed so it looks more distinct across them all. consistency is a wild reason to change things after months with zero notice or communication.

(i don't think a list of bugged genes wouldn't have fixed this either, they literally advertised it with the supposedly bugged version featured as the draw, which you'd think they wouldn't do if that wasn't how it was supposed to look in the first place.)

regardless of why things have been handled as they were, i strongly believe that it should be reverted so that trust in the staff isn't eroded by major decisions like this retroactively changing people's dragons.
this honestly doesn't feel like a fix at all, more of a slapdash backpedaling. it makes me wonder if they're planning on releasing a different gene similar to how it looked on obs and just decided to break it on the one breed so it looks more distinct across them all. consistency is a wild reason to change things after months with zero notice or communication.

(i don't think a list of bugged genes wouldn't have fixed this either, they literally advertised it with the supposedly bugged version featured as the draw, which you'd think they wouldn't do if that wasn't how it was supposed to look in the first place.)

regardless of why things have been handled as they were, i strongly believe that it should be reverted so that trust in the staff isn't eroded by major decisions like this retroactively changing people's dragons.
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/245436982728196107/575567764719271946/postdivider.png[/img] [font=lucida console][size=4][color=#ad6200]S[/color][/size]upport. The 'consistency' argument falls short for me - Obelisks have much more prominent manes than most other breeds, meaning that a large swath of flat color will stand out on them whereas it might not for breeds like Pearlcatchers or female Tundras. Quite frankly, I find the new Obelisk manes hideous in most colors now. They don't even match that well with Flaunt in the same color, which seems like the exact opposite of consistency to me. I'm lucky to not have any Obelisks with Flair, but I feel for everybody whose dragons have been ruined by this change. It was unnecessary, unasked for, and without warning. The updated version looks more like an art error than the old version did.
postdivider.png
Support. The 'consistency' argument falls short for me - Obelisks have much more prominent manes than most other breeds, meaning that a large swath of flat color will stand out on them whereas it might not for breeds like Pearlcatchers or female Tundras. Quite frankly, I find the new Obelisk manes hideous in most colors now. They don't even match that well with Flaunt in the same color, which seems like the exact opposite of consistency to me.

I'm lucky to not have any Obelisks with Flair, but I feel for everybody whose dragons have been ruined by this change. It was unnecessary, unasked for, and without warning. The updated version looks more like an art error than the old version did.
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
The "fix" is not an improvement, by a long shot. I scry every new dragon with FlaFla Obelisk, and it always looked gorgeous, no matter how the colours clashed. By implementing the "fix", the staff did not only me, but the whole community a big disservice. FlaFla Obes are my absolute love of this game, even my beloved Imperials lack that boom-shaka-laka Obes have. It's as if FlaFla was made for them!
Staff, please, from the bottom of my heart, please bring back the old Flair.
The "fix" is not an improvement, by a long shot. I scry every new dragon with FlaFla Obelisk, and it always looked gorgeous, no matter how the colours clashed. By implementing the "fix", the staff did not only me, but the whole community a big disservice. FlaFla Obes are my absolute love of this game, even my beloved Imperials lack that boom-shaka-laka Obes have. It's as if FlaFla was made for them!
Staff, please, from the bottom of my heart, please bring back the old Flair.
ePOliyb.png
UMevL3r.png
dEe2UrM.png
WQA384m.png
0f4689d3eb9e3375c50d1d4be04ef6179a73b624.png
Support! It was way way better before and didn't feel like an error at all, unlike a lot of the other issues edit: they massacred my boy! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/763607976845901845/925486723264315442/unknown.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74188331][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/741884/74188331_350.png[/img][/url]
Support! It was way way better before and didn't feel like an error at all, unlike a lot of the other issues

edit: they massacred my boy!

unknown.png

74188331_350.png
pixelparadise.gif

dont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
hemogoblinloafXS.png
Support.

Flair and Flaunt was announced with a preview of obelisks as the model, and nowhere did staff mention that Flair was bugged for obelisks.

Projects were made, planned, paid for, with the released gene in mind.

The gene was then changed overnight with no warning, no heads up, not even a slight indication that the gene was bugged.

There was no communication, no transparency about this change, no room for feedback, and frankly, it was unwarranted. The gene looked fine, there was no real error.

The argument was to create "unity" between the breeds, but frankly, if all new breeds are going to end up having their genes changed after the fact because staff wants them to all look alike, then I have no reason to invest in new projects. I liked that Flair looked different from other breeds, because of the lore behind Obelisks.

As far as projects from now on, I am going to just stick with what I have, because this isn't the first time staff has changed genes without communication, and I'm not keen on investing gems into projects that might be ruined overnight.
Support.

Flair and Flaunt was announced with a preview of obelisks as the model, and nowhere did staff mention that Flair was bugged for obelisks.

Projects were made, planned, paid for, with the released gene in mind.

The gene was then changed overnight with no warning, no heads up, not even a slight indication that the gene was bugged.

There was no communication, no transparency about this change, no room for feedback, and frankly, it was unwarranted. The gene looked fine, there was no real error.

The argument was to create "unity" between the breeds, but frankly, if all new breeds are going to end up having their genes changed after the fact because staff wants them to all look alike, then I have no reason to invest in new projects. I liked that Flair looked different from other breeds, because of the lore behind Obelisks.

As far as projects from now on, I am going to just stick with what I have, because this isn't the first time staff has changed genes without communication, and I'm not keen on investing gems into projects that might be ruined overnight.
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
[quote name="hemotypewriter" date="2021-12-28 12:19:02" ] this honestly doesn't feel like a fix at all, more of a slapdash backpedaling. it makes me wonder if they're planning on releasing a different gene similar to how it looked on obs and just decided to break it on the one breed so it looks more distinct across them all. consistency is a wild reason to change things after months with zero notice or communication. (i don't think a list of bugged genes wouldn't have fixed this either, they literally advertised it with the supposedly bugged version featured as the draw, which you'd think they wouldn't do if that wasn't how it was supposed to look in the first place.) regardless of why things have been handled as they were, i strongly believe that it should be reverted so that trust in the staff isn't eroded by major decisions like this retroactively changing people's dragons. [/quote] If they ever do something like this. I'm done, I'll drop this site faster then a hot cake.
hemotypewriter wrote on 2021-12-28 12:19:02:

If they ever do something like this. I'm done, I'll drop this site faster then a hot cake.
CEmLHw4.gif
I don't think I've ever been more disappointed or more angry with FR's staff, and I've been playing for 7 years. This rivals the eyepocalypse for sheer awfulness... suddenly and unexpectedly ruining people's hard work for no reason, with no justification, based on a bug that nobody realised existed, that they never explained was a bug, that wasn't hurting anything or anyone.... just. WHY.

Please change it back. Please.
I don't think I've ever been more disappointed or more angry with FR's staff, and I've been playing for 7 years. This rivals the eyepocalypse for sheer awfulness... suddenly and unexpectedly ruining people's hard work for no reason, with no justification, based on a bug that nobody realised existed, that they never explained was a bug, that wasn't hurting anything or anyone.... just. WHY.

Please change it back. Please.
Support!

I'm not sure if staff would ever see this (but if so, hello :D), but I really enjoyed the look of the "bugged" version. The fact that the accent color was so prominent in the mane made it really special! Since a major feature of the obelisk is its mane, I think it would be nice if the mane be treated as something special and be different from other breeds. Most people (me included) are sad that the manes look flat now, and that the accent color is completely removed - it's a really drastic change and I (plus a lot of the userbase) think the previous version was better. Could it please be changed back?

I also saw in a separate post that a list of gene errors was being worked on and I just want to say thank you to staff for that! It'd be really helpful to know what genes are going to be changed in the future. I know things must be really busy but we all appreciate the extra communication.
Support!

I'm not sure if staff would ever see this (but if so, hello :D), but I really enjoyed the look of the "bugged" version. The fact that the accent color was so prominent in the mane made it really special! Since a major feature of the obelisk is its mane, I think it would be nice if the mane be treated as something special and be different from other breeds. Most people (me included) are sad that the manes look flat now, and that the accent color is completely removed - it's a really drastic change and I (plus a lot of the userbase) think the previous version was better. Could it please be changed back?

I also saw in a separate post that a list of gene errors was being worked on and I just want to say thank you to staff for that! It'd be really helpful to know what genes are going to be changed in the future. I know things must be really busy but we all appreciate the extra communication.

| She/Her |
|FR +3|
fkUgl3H.png
k2L5vHO.gifmxWs6gv.gif
pCxeH.gif
Support

This doesn't feel like an art error. An art error would be the incorrect layering or opacity. This is more an art retcon. When flair came out, someone had to have approved the way flair looked on obelisk manes. And when it came out it was a massive hit. People bought gems to sell them for treasure to get a ton of this gene for their dragons.

To go back on that now with such a dramatic change feels like a betrayal of trust.
Support

This doesn't feel like an art error. An art error would be the incorrect layering or opacity. This is more an art retcon. When flair came out, someone had to have approved the way flair looked on obelisk manes. And when it came out it was a massive hit. People bought gems to sell them for treasure to get a ton of this gene for their dragons.

To go back on that now with such a dramatic change feels like a betrayal of trust.
support support!

i cant say anything new that hasnt already been said but please. if the gene isnt what the staff intended for it to look like, communicate that asap
dont wait until months later, thats just mean :(
support support!

i cant say anything new that hasnt already been said but please. if the gene isnt what the staff intended for it to look like, communicate that asap
dont wait until months later, thats just mean :(
TeMkEVX.png
GPbVPRP.png Shamura
1OX9mEs.gif any pronouns
1OX9mEs.gif FR time +0
1OX9mEs.gif Abe love ♥
1OX9mEs.gifAvatar dragon
sqaur.png FxIG1mZ.gif For DRS: I have more dragons in the hibden
1OX9mEs.gif For IKTR: my fandragons are here
1OX9mEs.gif Robots are peak character design
1OX9mEs.gif goatlings
1OX9mEs.gif Play ISAT pleaaaase