Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | silly fears you had as a kid
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32 33
The Microwave For some reason, I was convinced it was somehow a bomb. If you stood to close to it while it was on then you would get irradiated, and the beeping when it was done meant that it was gonna explode. To this day, I still have no clue where I got that idea from [emoji=coatl confused size=1]
The Microwave
For some reason, I was convinced it was somehow a bomb. If you stood to close to it while it was on then you would get irradiated, and the beeping when it was done meant that it was gonna explode.

To this day, I still have no clue where I got that idea from
extra-head-right.png
★ Previously MalusNight
☆ She/Her
★ +1 FR Time
The startup sound of Windows.

It sounded ominous to me coming out from nowhere! The screen sometimes would still be black as it started up too. x:

I make sure to turn that startup sound off all the time, ergh.
Macs too sound ominous but I got over it, whew.
The startup sound of Windows.

It sounded ominous to me coming out from nowhere! The screen sometimes would still be black as it started up too. x:

I make sure to turn that startup sound off all the time, ergh.
Macs too sound ominous but I got over it, whew.
3u37mIB.png
Ok so...yellow flowers. Yellow flowers are literally the worst. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers, but oh boy I will not pick a yellow flower. One time when I was little I was at my grandma's house picking flowers by the door. Ah, good times. Wrong. That yellow flower, boy did it ruin my flower picking fun. I pick it up, look at my hands, and these tiny little yellow bugs are crawling all over my hand. So naturally I scream for my mom and she comes running outside, pretty sure she was laughing which didn't help much. But YEAH...thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

I know every flower and plant has bugs on it but this experience has ruined yellow flowers for me ok
Ok so...yellow flowers. Yellow flowers are literally the worst. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers, but oh boy I will not pick a yellow flower. One time when I was little I was at my grandma's house picking flowers by the door. Ah, good times. Wrong. That yellow flower, boy did it ruin my flower picking fun. I pick it up, look at my hands, and these tiny little yellow bugs are crawling all over my hand. So naturally I scream for my mom and she comes running outside, pretty sure she was laughing which didn't help much. But YEAH...thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

I know every flower and plant has bugs on it but this experience has ruined yellow flowers for me ok
miDn30f.gif
So guys, I'm afraid off........
BUTTERFLIES!!!!!!
I dunno, when I was a smol child I used to scream and run away from moths and butterflies even if they were pretty. My stupid reason was because I'm afraid that they would ''fly in ur mouth'' yeaah... BUT Things were different now, moths and butterflies somehow became my number 1 favorite insect. I just F**king LOVE them now.
So guys, I'm afraid off........
BUTTERFLIES!!!!!!
I dunno, when I was a smol child I used to scream and run away from moths and butterflies even if they were pretty. My stupid reason was because I'm afraid that they would ''fly in ur mouth'' yeaah... BUT Things were different now, moths and butterflies somehow became my number 1 favorite insect. I just F**king LOVE them now.
yellow jackets. there’s 8 in my trap rn.. but I’m still afraid aaa
yellow jackets. there’s 8 in my trap rn.. but I’m still afraid aaa
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
not so silly, really, but i was absolutely TERRIFIED of mummies when i was little. i couldn't even go into the room with a mummy at this one museum i loved. but with a big egypt phase and an anthropologist archaeologist mom i guess i just got over it at some point. i can look that one mummy i was terrified of straight in the eyes now lmao

but i was somewhat terrified of mirrors, especially the one in my room, when i was younger. i thought i saw a shrunken head in it once long ago. wild
not so silly, really, but i was absolutely TERRIFIED of mummies when i was little. i couldn't even go into the room with a mummy at this one museum i loved. but with a big egypt phase and an anthropologist archaeologist mom i guess i just got over it at some point. i can look that one mummy i was terrified of straight in the eyes now lmao

but i was somewhat terrified of mirrors, especially the one in my room, when i was younger. i thought i saw a shrunken head in it once long ago. wild
all for one and one for all, united we stand, divided we fall
crow // female // cst // about me
If we're talking silly little fears, I've managed to stay mildly discomforted by Mannequins? It's probably just the innate human fear of things that look vaguely human, but just aren't human enough for our brains to believe its actually one of us, therefore decided to tell the rest of our nervous system: "Hey, maybe stay weary of that, because it isn't like you! Haha!"

Even the little wooden anatomy dolls you find in art classrooms give me the freaks sometimes. I dunno. Maybe someday I'll be able to get over it and finally punch the giant display mannequins at the store. Who knows, lmao.
If we're talking silly little fears, I've managed to stay mildly discomforted by Mannequins? It's probably just the innate human fear of things that look vaguely human, but just aren't human enough for our brains to believe its actually one of us, therefore decided to tell the rest of our nervous system: "Hey, maybe stay weary of that, because it isn't like you! Haha!"

Even the little wooden anatomy dolls you find in art classrooms give me the freaks sometimes. I dunno. Maybe someday I'll be able to get over it and finally punch the giant display mannequins at the store. Who knows, lmao.
gu5ClSA.pngtumblr_ou78wgaPur1v8lm95o1_75sq.png plague.giftumblr_ou78wgaPur1v8lm95o2_75sq.pnggu5ClSA.png
I used to be scared of kids my age

Still am tbh
I used to be scared of kids my age

Still am tbh
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png
I was afraid I was going to fall in the grates in the sidewalk. :P I still walk around them to this day. Juuust in case. [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
I was afraid I was going to fall in the grates in the sidewalk. :P I still walk around them to this day. Juuust in case.
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
I was deadly afraid of the plague doctor, the one with the beak. [emoji=raven size=1] I was in elmentary school when this boy in my class brought a magazine to school that had a pic of the plague doctor in it, and it totally traumatized me. I don't know what it was about him, but the plague doctor kept haunting me until well into my adulthood. I was always afraid that the tip of his beak would come pointing around the corner at any moment. [emoji=coatl scared size=1]
I was deadly afraid of the plague doctor, the one with the beak.
I was in elmentary school when this boy in my class brought a magazine to school that had a pic of the plague doctor in it, and it totally traumatized me. I don't know what it was about him, but the plague doctor kept haunting me until well into my adulthood. I was always afraid that the tip of his beak would come pointing around the corner at any moment.
cat hair everywhere
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32 33