Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Videogame recommendations on PS4?
1 2 3
We're playing Days Gone at the moment and enjoying it :D It's a zombie survival thing similar to The Last Of Us except you've got a motorbike. We weren't excited about it to start with but it's grown on us :D It's included with PS+ if you have that or are thinking of getting it.
Spider-Man and Miles Morales are loads of fun too :D
And Red Dead Redemption 2 is great with an amazing story.

Also yes for Ratchet and Clank :D And if you like platformers then Rayman Legends is really cool too.
We're playing Days Gone at the moment and enjoying it :D It's a zombie survival thing similar to The Last Of Us except you've got a motorbike. We weren't excited about it to start with but it's grown on us :D It's included with PS+ if you have that or are thinking of getting it.
Spider-Man and Miles Morales are loads of fun too :D
And Red Dead Redemption 2 is great with an amazing story.

Also yes for Ratchet and Clank :D And if you like platformers then Rayman Legends is really cool too.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
While Skyrim does have the option to have a third person POV, it is like Fallout somewhat gameplay and mechanic wise so it may not be for you, but you could still watch some gameplays or play someone's copy of it to see for sure!

And glad you're gonna look into The Witcher 3! That game had an absolute grip on me when I first got it for Christmas about two years ago so hopefully it is a game you'll like and eventually play!
While Skyrim does have the option to have a third person POV, it is like Fallout somewhat gameplay and mechanic wise so it may not be for you, but you could still watch some gameplays or play someone's copy of it to see for sure!

And glad you're gonna look into The Witcher 3! That game had an absolute grip on me when I first got it for Christmas about two years ago so hopefully it is a game you'll like and eventually play!
Outer Wilds is a game I'd recommend! It's a fairly relaxed, non-linear space exploration game about finding the source of a time loop. Your progress is tied pretty much entirely to the knowledge you've gathered, so going in as blind as possible makes for the best experience. ^_^ Its expansion does have some first person frights, but since that's DLC you can just choose not to get it if the game otherwise piques your interest. :3

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne may also be worth investigating if you liked Persona 5’s combat system. It’s a remaster from the PS2 and shows it, but it still holds up as a great game! :D
Outer Wilds is a game I'd recommend! It's a fairly relaxed, non-linear space exploration game about finding the source of a time loop. Your progress is tied pretty much entirely to the knowledge you've gathered, so going in as blind as possible makes for the best experience. ^_^ Its expansion does have some first person frights, but since that's DLC you can just choose not to get it if the game otherwise piques your interest. :3

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne may also be worth investigating if you liked Persona 5’s combat system. It’s a remaster from the PS2 and shows it, but it still holds up as a great game! :D
Even in this darkest of nights, I see... the moonlight...
Not sure if you like visual novel/choose your own adventure type games, but Golden Treasure: The Great Green is a beautiful game if you do. It’s a game about being a dragon in the forest, and it has beautiful art, good writing, and profound messages.

Edit: Dang it, I didn't see the PS4 in the title. I don't think it's on console, unfortunately. :( I would like to say that I think that Rain World is a great game. It's difficult, and at times frustrating, but it's really good.
Not sure if you like visual novel/choose your own adventure type games, but Golden Treasure: The Great Green is a beautiful game if you do. It’s a game about being a dragon in the forest, and it has beautiful art, good writing, and profound messages.

Edit: Dang it, I didn't see the PS4 in the title. I don't think it's on console, unfortunately. :( I would like to say that I think that Rain World is a great game. It's difficult, and at times frustrating, but it's really good.
oJK1fXV.png
[font=Comic Sans MS]*Sees no one has recommended Assassin's Creed series yet* My time has come [emoji=normal eyes size=1][emoji=normal eyes size=1] But seriously, with (currently) 12 games in the main series, taking place in very various history periods, you may find something that you may like, especially that the three newest games of the series, that are Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla are pretty similar to HZD and have a huge open world. AC2 has also somewhat open world, with 6 regions to visit there, it *has* its years (12, to be exact) but it's still a nice one. There is no PS4 version only for the very first game of the series (yet?). I can also recommend Death Stranding pretty much, I have spend well over 200 hours there and really, really, really need to come back one day. If you like post-apocalyptic things, you'll probably love it. It has also a light horror element, namely BTs, that are basically ghosts. Worth mentioning is also the soundtrack of this one, which is matching the atmosphere of the game incredibly well. Also a small fun fact: Horizon Zero Dawn has three collectibles referencing Death Stranding and DS has some holograms of HZD characters. EDIT: I forgot saying something about Ghost of Tsushima, as I played this one for a while and you mentioned that you're interested in this one... It's a pretty good one, especially on the visual side, with some sad story though. Mechanics are incredibly similar to the earlier mentioned three newest games of AC series.
*Sees no one has recommended Assassin's Creed series yet* My time has come
But seriously, with (currently) 12 games in the main series, taking place in very various history periods, you may find something that you may like, especially that the three newest games of the series, that are Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla are pretty similar to HZD and have a huge open world. AC2 has also somewhat open world, with 6 regions to visit there, it *has* its years (12, to be exact) but it's still a nice one. There is no PS4 version only for the very first game of the series (yet?).

I can also recommend Death Stranding pretty much, I have spend well over 200 hours there and really, really, really need to come back one day. If you like post-apocalyptic things, you'll probably love it. It has also a light horror element, namely BTs, that are basically ghosts. Worth mentioning is also the soundtrack of this one, which is matching the atmosphere of the game incredibly well. Also a small fun fact: Horizon Zero Dawn has three collectibles referencing Death Stranding and DS has some holograms of HZD characters.

EDIT: I forgot saying something about Ghost of Tsushima, as I played this one for a while and you mentioned that you're interested in this one... It's a pretty good one, especially on the visual side, with some sad story though. Mechanics are incredibly similar to the earlier mentioned three newest games of AC series.
W6LdAlV.gif
Me: *came to recommend bloodborne*
You: *already played*
Me: *confused screaming*

Do you have gaming PC? If your PS4 is main and you have most titles in PS4, try Detroit: become human :D The storyline is quite good. I'm not a fan of that genre of game mostly but I quite enjoyed it.

Or Devil May Cry? It gives me waist pain but also a quire fun game! I'm not really good at it but I could beat the story.

What else? Umm... I can't remember for now (I'm PC main so I'm not sure if the game is released on PS4 and it's stable...) so I'll tell you my experience about the games you're interested.

Hades: Little bit boring imo (It felt like 'What am I doing' for me) but still worth the money. You can pet Cerberus the goodest boi. Why do you hesitate?
Nier:Automata: Recommend if you like characters and you're a type of player who gets attached to them. Or else, nah, for me it was clumsy game and was really annoying to play.
Rain World: Honestly really difficult to start, as the sluggo(I mean, slugcat) is wiggly and difficult to control. Once adapted then it's the challenging and fun game. Have you played Ori(and the Blind forest/Will of wisps)? If you feel the wiggly control from this game is fine then I think you can adapt to RW. (If you didn't play ori, try this game, it's soooo good, it made me cry no why the things should be this- *stop crying WD*)
Sundered: Graphics are well made but was really boring for me, as I get moved to first stage after death and I needed to beat same mobs again and again. (They appears when I'm roaming around) I love rogue-like games but there's no randomness and it cause boredom. Only the boss battles were fun actually. If you're okay with this then go ahead, it's good game except that point.

I hope this helped :D Have a fun fellow gamer!
Your FR user name lol <3 I love it!
Me: *came to recommend bloodborne*
You: *already played*
Me: *confused screaming*

Do you have gaming PC? If your PS4 is main and you have most titles in PS4, try Detroit: become human :D The storyline is quite good. I'm not a fan of that genre of game mostly but I quite enjoyed it.

Or Devil May Cry? It gives me waist pain but also a quire fun game! I'm not really good at it but I could beat the story.

What else? Umm... I can't remember for now (I'm PC main so I'm not sure if the game is released on PS4 and it's stable...) so I'll tell you my experience about the games you're interested.

Hades: Little bit boring imo (It felt like 'What am I doing' for me) but still worth the money. You can pet Cerberus the goodest boi. Why do you hesitate?
Nier:Automata: Recommend if you like characters and you're a type of player who gets attached to them. Or else, nah, for me it was clumsy game and was really annoying to play.
Rain World: Honestly really difficult to start, as the sluggo(I mean, slugcat) is wiggly and difficult to control. Once adapted then it's the challenging and fun game. Have you played Ori(and the Blind forest/Will of wisps)? If you feel the wiggly control from this game is fine then I think you can adapt to RW. (If you didn't play ori, try this game, it's soooo good, it made me cry no why the things should be this- *stop crying WD*)
Sundered: Graphics are well made but was really boring for me, as I get moved to first stage after death and I needed to beat same mobs again and again. (They appears when I'm roaming around) I love rogue-like games but there's no randomness and it cause boredom. Only the boss battles were fun actually. If you're okay with this then go ahead, it's good game except that point.

I hope this helped :D Have a fun fellow gamer!
Your FR user name lol <3 I love it!
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
[font=American Gothic][size=4]Seconding everything here!! I'll throw in two more games, although I can probably ramble about tons more [emoji=banescale tongue size=1] Maneater: Very silly, satirical sandbox RPG about a man-eating bull shark. Basically, you're a shark seeking revenge against the shark hunter who killed your mother, alongside being implied to be Gaia's vengeance incarnate. Has gore, so fair warning (and sometimes wonky controls). Also a lot of pop culture and Gulf of Mexico references, not all of which I understood. But overall, it is very fun and escapist to just be a giant shark. Bugsnax: From the quirky minds that brought you Octodad comes another quirky game! You are a journalist (and a muppet-like creature called a Grumpus) who is tasked by explorer Elizabert Megafig to document strange bug-food hybrids called Bugsnax on an island Snaktooth Island. Unfortunately, when you arrive, Elizabert is missing and you have to help rebuild to town, all the while catching Bugsnax and trying to figure out what is going on. There is tons of LGBTQ+ rep, cool creatures, and a lot of story lore! [spoiler]It has some horror-ish elements late in the game (parasitoids, body horror, and psychological), but is still a fun game overall.[/spoiler] EDIT: Also dividing games you've shown interest (that I've watched/played) in by Prepare to Die/Prepare to Cry Prepare to Die: Dark Souls II, Dead Cells, Cuphead, Hades, Rain World, Sekiro, Sundered, Prepare to Cry: Dark Souls II, Celeste, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Hades, Rain World, Sekiro
Seconding everything here!! I'll throw in two more games, although I can probably ramble about tons more

Maneater: Very silly, satirical sandbox RPG about a man-eating bull shark. Basically, you're a shark seeking revenge against the shark hunter who killed your mother, alongside being implied to be Gaia's vengeance incarnate. Has gore, so fair warning (and sometimes wonky controls). Also a lot of pop culture and Gulf of Mexico references, not all of which I understood. But overall, it is very fun and escapist to just be a giant shark.

Bugsnax: From the quirky minds that brought you Octodad comes another quirky game! You are a journalist (and a muppet-like creature called a Grumpus) who is tasked by explorer Elizabert Megafig to document strange bug-food hybrids called Bugsnax on an island Snaktooth Island. Unfortunately, when you arrive, Elizabert is missing and you have to help rebuild to town, all the while catching Bugsnax and trying to figure out what is going on. There is tons of LGBTQ+ rep, cool creatures, and a lot of story lore! It has some horror-ish elements late in the game (parasitoids, body horror, and psychological), but is still a fun game overall.

EDIT: Also dividing games you've shown interest (that I've watched/played) in by Prepare to Die/Prepare to Cry

Prepare to Die: Dark Souls II, Dead Cells, Cuphead, Hades, Rain World, Sekiro, Sundered,

Prepare to Cry: Dark Souls II, Celeste, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Hades, Rain World, Sekiro
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Little Big Planet 3! It's quirky, cute, and creative. Playing one and two aren't necessary.
Little Big Planet 3! It's quirky, cute, and creative. Playing one and two aren't necessary.
Oh my, finally I can suggest videogames to a fellow PS4 player! ^^
I've played tons and tons of videogames, and these are my best picks (similar to the genres you play):

- Code Vein, literally a Soul's like but "easier" and anime-like. You can customize your character in a way I've never seen before :o

- The Witcher 3, an RPG, super entertaining and very long (plus, I suggest you to buy the DLCs too, they are worth it!), you won't get bored at all!

- World of Final Fantasy, a classic JRPG from the Final Fantasy series, but the main characters aren't from the main titles, but you'll see, it's fascinating and the graphic is cute ^^

- Final Fantasy XII, ONE OF MY FAVOURITE FF OF ALL TIME!! It's so underrated and I don't get it why :c It's long, there are so many things to do, lots of secrets and the OST...is just chef's kiss!

- Tales of Berseria, another JRPG! Not as amazing as Final Fantasy, but it's worth it! Though, I'm super excited for Tales of Arise, the last title that came out a month ago and it's spectacular! Can't wait to grab it!

- Final Fantasy XV, I couldn't not reccomend you this masterpiece - although at some point could've been better - but the story and the relationship between the main characters is the best thing here <3

- Spyro Reignited Trilogy, the original PS1 remake, the graphic is fantastic, I was speachless when I first played it! This is my comfort videogame, maybe because I used to play it sooo much for PS1 when I was a little kid ^^

Also, from the list you've written down, I 10/10 suggest you playing Sekiro, Ghost of Tsushima, NieR: Automata and God of War <3
Oh my, finally I can suggest videogames to a fellow PS4 player! ^^
I've played tons and tons of videogames, and these are my best picks (similar to the genres you play):

- Code Vein, literally a Soul's like but "easier" and anime-like. You can customize your character in a way I've never seen before :o

- The Witcher 3, an RPG, super entertaining and very long (plus, I suggest you to buy the DLCs too, they are worth it!), you won't get bored at all!

- World of Final Fantasy, a classic JRPG from the Final Fantasy series, but the main characters aren't from the main titles, but you'll see, it's fascinating and the graphic is cute ^^

- Final Fantasy XII, ONE OF MY FAVOURITE FF OF ALL TIME!! It's so underrated and I don't get it why :c It's long, there are so many things to do, lots of secrets and the OST...is just chef's kiss!

- Tales of Berseria, another JRPG! Not as amazing as Final Fantasy, but it's worth it! Though, I'm super excited for Tales of Arise, the last title that came out a month ago and it's spectacular! Can't wait to grab it!

- Final Fantasy XV, I couldn't not reccomend you this masterpiece - although at some point could've been better - but the story and the relationship between the main characters is the best thing here <3

- Spyro Reignited Trilogy, the original PS1 remake, the graphic is fantastic, I was speachless when I first played it! This is my comfort videogame, maybe because I used to play it sooo much for PS1 when I was a little kid ^^

Also, from the list you've written down, I 10/10 suggest you playing Sekiro, Ghost of Tsushima, NieR: Automata and God of War <3
Green Crystals Hatchery
Ghvar||24||Italy(FR+9)
if you like soulslike gameplay, then you might like monster hunter world?

the title's pretty straightforward: it's an action rpg (though it's more action than rpg, really) in which you take on missions to hunt giant boss monsters to get better gear in some decently sized levels. it's gonna feel slow at first because the tutorial is kinda long, each weapon has its own playstyle, monsters have their own hard-hitting moveset you're strongly encouraged to learn, and it can be pretty grindy sometimes, but if it sticks, it'll only get better.

only real downsides are that the load times on base ps4 suck, and, if you're a completionist, I'm pretty sure there are two or three event quests you can only solo with endgame dlc gear, but those are purely optional.
if you like soulslike gameplay, then you might like monster hunter world?

the title's pretty straightforward: it's an action rpg (though it's more action than rpg, really) in which you take on missions to hunt giant boss monsters to get better gear in some decently sized levels. it's gonna feel slow at first because the tutorial is kinda long, each weapon has its own playstyle, monsters have their own hard-hitting moveset you're strongly encouraged to learn, and it can be pretty grindy sometimes, but if it sticks, it'll only get better.

only real downsides are that the load times on base ps4 suck, and, if you're a completionist, I'm pretty sure there are two or three event quests you can only solo with endgame dlc gear, but those are purely optional.
1 2 3