Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Nevermind
1 2 3 4 5
TL;DR: not everything in life is given on a silver platter.
TL;DR: not everything in life is given on a silver platter.
If you don't like the gifts (or chance at gifts) you end up with, don't join a giveaway? Nobody is entitled to (luxurious) free stuff.

I honestly can't tell if this is bait or not, but on the offchance it isn't:

This attitude won't get you far in life. Inside a browser game? It's whatever. But in the real world as you grow up? This sense of entitlement will hinder you severely....
If you don't like the gifts (or chance at gifts) you end up with, don't join a giveaway? Nobody is entitled to (luxurious) free stuff.

I honestly can't tell if this is bait or not, but on the offchance it isn't:

This attitude won't get you far in life. Inside a browser game? It's whatever. But in the real world as you grow up? This sense of entitlement will hinder you severely....
LEpJMnn.png
mTAp2ld.png
qjxrAwx.png
bYt72YT.png
1YB0OjO.png
EB9jVcQ.png

im literally just here to watch the drama

giveaways are a giveaway. if you cant click/type fast enough, oh well, get faster or stop complaining

giveaways are a giveaway. if you cant click/type fast enough, oh well, get faster or stop complaining
tumblr_p5lzber9Il1wg7iydo10_r1_250.png
[quote name="Karilara" date="2021-10-31 17:48:39" ] im literally just here to watch the drama giveaways are a giveaway. if you cant click/type fast enough, oh well, get faster or stop complaining [/quote] Do you even realize how rude this sounds?
Karilara wrote on 2021-10-31 17:48:39:

Do you even realize how rude this sounds?
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
[quote name="QuirkyJunimo" date="2021-10-31 17:50:01" ] [quote name="Karilara" date="2021-10-31 17:48:39" ] im literally just here to watch the drama giveaways are a giveaway. if you cant click/type fast enough, oh well, get faster or stop complaining [/quote] Do you even realize how rude this sounds? [/quote] Yeah I could have probably made it sound nicer, but it just sounds like youre complaining about not getting luxurious free stuff for no real reason. Giveaways is all up to chance, like buying a scratch card to potentially win a million dollars. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Most of the time, IF you win, you win something small like a free ticket, not the jackpot.
QuirkyJunimo wrote on 2021-10-31 17:50:01:

Yeah I could have probably made it sound nicer, but it just sounds like youre complaining about not getting luxurious free stuff for no real reason. Giveaways is all up to chance, like buying a scratch card to potentially win a million dollars. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Most of the time, IF you win, you win something small like a free ticket, not the jackpot.
tumblr_p5lzber9Il1wg7iydo10_r1_250.png
[quote name="Karilara" date="2021-10-31 17:54:47" ] [quote name="QuirkyJunimo" date="2021-10-31 17:50:01" ] [quote name="Karilara" date="2021-10-31 17:48:39" ] im literally just here to watch the drama giveaways are a giveaway. if you cant click/type fast enough, oh well, get faster or stop complaining [/quote] Do you even realize how rude this sounds? [/quote] Yeah I could have probably made it sound nicer, but it just sounds like youre complaining about not getting luxurious free stuff for no real reason. Giveaways is all up to chance, like buying a scratch card to potentially win a million dollars. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Most of the time, IF you win, you win something small like a free ticket, not the jackpot. [/quote] Maybe I should have explained what kind of giveaway I saw.
Karilara wrote on 2021-10-31 17:54:47:

Yeah I could have probably made it sound nicer, but it just sounds like youre complaining about not getting luxurious free stuff for no real reason. Giveaways is all up to chance, like buying a scratch card to potentially win a million dollars. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Most of the time, IF you win, you win something small like a free ticket, not the jackpot.
Maybe I should have explained what kind of giveaway I saw.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
that's the risk of gambling online lol
that's the risk of gambling online lol
DRAGON HOODIE YCH ART // these DRAGONS FOR SALE are EATING ME OUT OF HOUSE AND HOME (OLDIES, RESCUES, HATCHES) // BUYING 13TH HATCHES

-i don't resell my permas, 99% chance if i'm selling a dragon and it wasn't a hatchling from one of my pairs, i saved it off the first page of fodder row
-wishlist
[quote name="QuirkyJunimo" date="2021-10-31 17:50:01" ] [quote name="Karilara" date="2021-10-31 17:48:39" ] im literally just here to watch the drama giveaways are a giveaway. if you cant click/type fast enough, oh well, get faster or stop complaining [/quote] Do you even realize how rude this sounds? [/quote] Whether you realise it or not, you're coming across as complaining about charity and kindness from others not suiting your personal needs because you don't 'get' anything out of it. While some people might be coming across as rude, I think you might be missing that your thread's premise itself is a little unkind, so people are being prickly in response. Sometimes life just be like that. If you wanted something guaranteed, maybe those threads with the give/get with set rules might be more up your alley, there's far less chance involved since they have all the guidelines laid out and all. :^)

Whether you realise it or not, you're coming across as complaining about charity and kindness from others not suiting your personal needs because you don't 'get' anything out of it. While some people might be coming across as rude, I think you might be missing that your thread's premise itself is a little unkind, so people are being prickly in response.

Sometimes life just be like that. If you wanted something guaranteed, maybe those threads with the give/get with set rules might be more up your alley, there's far less chance involved since they have all the guidelines laid out and all. :^)
- Coli Addiction Quest/Challenge Thread
That's the nature of the game homeboy. It wouldn't be a feasible giveaway if it was infinite. If you ain't fast enough in one case you can always try again the next one. Or, y'know, not set yourself up for disappointment by shooting for super expensive stuff being given away for free
That's the nature of the game homeboy. It wouldn't be a feasible giveaway if it was infinite. If you ain't fast enough in one case you can always try again the next one. Or, y'know, not set yourself up for disappointment by shooting for super expensive stuff being given away for free
BVY1Ftg.png
[quote name="QuirkyJunimo" date="2021-10-31 15:52:18" ] [quote name="Vardia" date="2021-10-31 15:48:26" ] I mean giveaways are usually pretty much first come first serve aren't they? Sure, you may not get into one of them if you're not quick to the punch, but it's not the end of the world, y'know? There'll be other opportunities. Just keep trying. [/quote] It just seems that I can never snatch things up fast enough. Often cool and valuable things or just cute hatchlings get snatched up by the already rich players who can afford them as it is, and the casual players who just want the item/cute dragon don’t get it because they aren’t intense players who are online 24/7. [/quote] other people work hard or are very lucky for what they’ve achieved in this game! just like anything, you have to be willing to put in time/effort to get the items or currency or dragons that you want. it’s frustrating when things that require very little besides timing/luck don’t go your way, but please, try to appreciate that there is always a fair chance for you to win someday.
QuirkyJunimo wrote on 2021-10-31 15:52:18:
Vardia wrote on 2021-10-31 15:48:26:
I mean giveaways are usually pretty much first come first serve aren't they? Sure, you may not get into one of them if you're not quick to the punch, but it's not the end of the world, y'know? There'll be other opportunities. Just keep trying.
It just seems that I can never snatch things up fast enough. Often cool and valuable things or just cute hatchlings get snatched up by the already rich players who can afford them as it is, and the casual players who just want the item/cute dragon don’t get it because they aren’t intense players who are online 24/7.

other people work hard or are very lucky for what they’ve achieved in this game! just like anything, you have to be willing to put in time/effort to get the items or currency or dragons that you want. it’s frustrating when things that require very little besides timing/luck don’t go your way, but please, try to appreciate that there is always a fair chance for you to win someday.
Zx2FH9a.png
1 2 3 4 5