Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Quiz!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1. water!

2. when i first joined in july of 2017

3. i like the colour blue, and i was a swimmer at the time (plus the festival is on during my bday)

4. sometimes i find myself wanting to swap to shadow

5. nope

6. absolutely! i love water with all my heart and was so proud of everyone when we beat earth

7. nature or wind because of the apparel

8. i find myself heading to water sales the most, but i should start checking the water ah

9. one of my irl friends is in arcane!

10. everything

11. tbh i don't really pay attention to what flights other users are in

12. surprisingly tough. i was tossing up between arcane and water, but i went with water cause i liked how tidelord looked (+ the other reasons i mentioned earlier)
1. water!

2. when i first joined in july of 2017

3. i like the colour blue, and i was a swimmer at the time (plus the festival is on during my bday)

4. sometimes i find myself wanting to swap to shadow

5. nope

6. absolutely! i love water with all my heart and was so proud of everyone when we beat earth

7. nature or wind because of the apparel

8. i find myself heading to water sales the most, but i should start checking the water ah

9. one of my irl friends is in arcane!

10. everything

11. tbh i don't really pay attention to what flights other users are in

12. surprisingly tough. i was tossing up between arcane and water, but i went with water cause i liked how tidelord looked (+ the other reasons i mentioned earlier)
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
1. What flight are you?
A. Ice

2. When did you join that flight?
A. When I joined

3. Why that one?
A. It matched with some outside lore I had at that time for a favourite character aha

4. Do you ever think about changing flights? ?If so, to what one/s?
A. Not now, but I’d probably switch to Light or Arcane in the future.

5. Did you ever actually change your flight? If yes, what clan/s were you?
A. No

6. Do you feel a sense of genuine loyalty or pride for your current flight?
A. Kind of

7. Which flight festival (not your own) is your favourite one? (can depend on the theme in general, holiday items etc)
A. Starfall! I just kind of love the magic theme of it haha

8. Do you engage with flight exclusive auctions or forums?
A. Very rarely

9. If you have friends playing, what are their flights?
A. From the top of my head: Arcane, Lightning, Fire, Ice, Shadow, Wind. Maybe more, but I don’t remember now

10. Tell me your favourite thing about your flight!
A. Love the primal eyes

11. Which flight had the nicest players you've interacted with?
A. Don’t know

12. How hard was the decision to pick just one flight when you first joined?
A. Not that hard, all things considered.
1. What flight are you?
A. Ice

A. When I joined

3. Why that one?
A. It matched with some outside lore I had at that time for a favourite character aha

A. Not now, but I’d probably switch to Light or Arcane in the future.

A. No

A. Kind of

7. Which flight festival (not your own) is your favourite one? (can depend on the theme in general, holiday items etc)
A. Starfall! I just kind of love the magic theme of it haha

A. Very rarely

A. From the top of my head: Arcane, Lightning, Fire, Ice, Shadow, Wind. Maybe more, but I don’t remember now

A. Love the primal eyes

A. Don’t know

A. Not that hard, all things considered.
Pi0AvSi.png ==

it’s imginate without an a!
TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ WRITING SHOP | ART SHOP
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
1. What flight are you?
A. Plague!

A. I think... about a year ago? Maybe a year an a half?

3. Why that one?
A. I found Plague fit my style waaaay more than my previous flight, Shadow. Plus, the red eyes were much more versatile than purple ones and generally go well with everything.

A. I'd had momentary thoughts of joining Arcane, and a few others here and there, but I always very easily conclude that Plague is a much better place for me to be and I'd regret leaving.

A. I used to be a Shadow clan, and absolutely adored Shadow's glowing aesthetic. Then I moved to Nature with the idea that I'd have dragons and lore themed off of the seasons, then found it actually quite boring, and the green eyes were hard to work with.

A. Absolutely! I think a lot of Plaguelings are enthusiastic about being Plague, maybe because it's sometimes controversial (which I can side with /pos).

A. I generally find Shadow to be the most exciting, but they all pretty much tie for me!

A. I occasionally pop on the Plague forums to see if there's any recent newbies joining so I can greet them, but I'm often late to the party.

A. I have one friend who lives in Fire, and another in Lightning.

10. Tell me your favorite thing about your flight!
A. BONES!

A. Shadow was absolutely precious a lot of the time I was in it (though there is some bias there on my part), but I see a lot of friendly players in Ice and Water. Perhaps because Water isn't people's first choice usually until they learn about the lore with Tidelord?

A. Honestly? I gravitated towards Shadow really fast. Not for any particular reason, I was just really excited to get into the game and was trying to get in as fast a possible, and my younger, edgier self saw Shadow as a magnet for angst. I'm kind of surprised I didn't go for Plague earlier, it's so much more 'evil'...
1. What flight are you?
A. Plague!

A. I think... about a year ago? Maybe a year an a half?

3. Why that one?
A. I found Plague fit my style waaaay more than my previous flight, Shadow. Plus, the red eyes were much more versatile than purple ones and generally go well with everything.

A. I'd had momentary thoughts of joining Arcane, and a few others here and there, but I always very easily conclude that Plague is a much better place for me to be and I'd regret leaving.

A. I used to be a Shadow clan, and absolutely adored Shadow's glowing aesthetic. Then I moved to Nature with the idea that I'd have dragons and lore themed off of the seasons, then found it actually quite boring, and the green eyes were hard to work with.

A. Absolutely! I think a lot of Plaguelings are enthusiastic about being Plague, maybe because it's sometimes controversial (which I can side with /pos).

A. I generally find Shadow to be the most exciting, but they all pretty much tie for me!

A. I occasionally pop on the Plague forums to see if there's any recent newbies joining so I can greet them, but I'm often late to the party.

A. I have one friend who lives in Fire, and another in Lightning.

10. Tell me your favorite thing about your flight!
A. BONES!

A. Shadow was absolutely precious a lot of the time I was in it (though there is some bias there on my part), but I see a lot of friendly players in Ice and Water. Perhaps because Water isn't people's first choice usually until they learn about the lore with Tidelord?

A. Honestly? I gravitated towards Shadow really fast. Not for any particular reason, I was just really excited to get into the game and was trying to get in as fast a possible, and my younger, edgier self saw Shadow as a magnet for angst. I'm kind of surprised I didn't go for Plague earlier, it's so much more 'evil'...
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
1. What flight are you?
Ice

When I joined FR a little under a year ago

3. Why that one?
I liked the aesthetic and neutral eye color but also read that Ice was a good all one package which was good because I wasn't sure what to look for in a flight when I joined

I've thought about vacationing to Water, Wind, and/or Light but I think I'll always go back to Ice

Nope, been an Icicle from the start

Definitely

Water or Wind's. I really like the skins, items, and general themes

During dom pushes I do use the forums but I'm not much for small chat in the flight exclusive forums

I have 3 friends who have joined, only one is active and she's in Lightning

Probably the community but I'm also pretty fond of the aesthetic

Don't think any flight stands out to me as having the nicest players overall. I've met nice people from all flights

I debated between Water, Ice, and Shadow for a while but I decided on Ice when I did more research
1. What flight are you?
Ice

When I joined FR a little under a year ago

3. Why that one?
I liked the aesthetic and neutral eye color but also read that Ice was a good all one package which was good because I wasn't sure what to look for in a flight when I joined

I've thought about vacationing to Water, Wind, and/or Light but I think I'll always go back to Ice

Nope, been an Icicle from the start

Definitely

Water or Wind's. I really like the skins, items, and general themes

During dom pushes I do use the forums but I'm not much for small chat in the flight exclusive forums

I have 3 friends who have joined, only one is active and she's in Lightning

Probably the community but I'm also pretty fond of the aesthetic

Don't think any flight stands out to me as having the nicest players overall. I've met nice people from all flights

I debated between Water, Ice, and Shadow for a while but I decided on Ice when I did more research
tQy2QPU.png
1. What flight are you?
Light

I think 3 years ago?

3. Why that one?
The aesthetic grew to be more to my liking than my previous flight. I love the theme (truth&knowledge) and often found myself attracted to light themed and colored dragons. Plus I love the eye color, it fits nearly everything.

I'm content with the flight I am in, so the change would most likely be temporarily.
I'd consider Earth because of it's theme and eye color.... also dom. x)

I joint Flight Rising in Water. I still love the flight dearly. I wouldn't have thought I'd stay in Light this long.

Definitely! The community, especially those in dom stuff, continue to amaze me with their organisation. Never met an acolight that wasn't helpful or kind.

Arcane. A big part of my aesthetic in rl revolves around space. The holiday items are one of my favourites and I always find a skin or two I want to have.

Yes. I sell fodder exclusively in the Light AH and help with dom (training, raffles) when I have time.

Sadly, I have none that play.

The theme! It's incredibly versatile. I love ancient/mystical stuff like relics, forgotten knowledge or oracles.

I've interacted with members of various flights and found nice ones in every one of them.

Pretty hard. I was torn between Water, Ice and Arcane.
I quickly abandoned Arcane when I saw the pink aesthetic and how big the flight was. But Water and Ice were a tough decision.
1. What flight are you?
Light

I think 3 years ago?

3. Why that one?
The aesthetic grew to be more to my liking than my previous flight. I love the theme (truth&knowledge) and often found myself attracted to light themed and colored dragons. Plus I love the eye color, it fits nearly everything.

I'm content with the flight I am in, so the change would most likely be temporarily.
I'd consider Earth because of it's theme and eye color.... also dom. x)

I joint Flight Rising in Water. I still love the flight dearly. I wouldn't have thought I'd stay in Light this long.

Definitely! The community, especially those in dom stuff, continue to amaze me with their organisation. Never met an acolight that wasn't helpful or kind.

Arcane. A big part of my aesthetic in rl revolves around space. The holiday items are one of my favourites and I always find a skin or two I want to have.

Yes. I sell fodder exclusively in the Light AH and help with dom (training, raffles) when I have time.

Sadly, I have none that play.

The theme! It's incredibly versatile. I love ancient/mystical stuff like relics, forgotten knowledge or oracles.

I've interacted with members of various flights and found nice ones in every one of them.

Pretty hard. I was torn between Water, Ice and Arcane.
I quickly abandoned Arcane when I saw the pink aesthetic and how big the flight was. But Water and Ice were a tough decision.
1. What flight are you?
Fire :D
2016!
3. Why that one?
I liked the small flight size and the eye color~
4. Do you ever think about changing flights? If so, to what one/s?
Not recently.. I haven't thought about that in a long time, the last time I did I wondered what Nature would be like.
Yep! I switched from Wind. I used the one free flight change
Yeah, I feel like I should've been in Fire from the beginning. Actually I was contemplating for a while between Wind and Fire while I was creating my FR account
Light, nature is a close second though~
sometimes, admittedly I don't keep up on much of the forums except for dragon share
Coolest looking primal eyes
I'm not sure tbh
Really hard, I feel like I took the longest reading all the flights lore trying to figure out what to pick. Like I said, the final decision for me was between Wind and Fire. And ultimately three months after being in Wind, I went to Fire.
1. What flight are you?
Fire :D
2016!
3. Why that one?
I liked the small flight size and the eye color~
4. Do you ever think about changing flights? If so, to what one/s?
Not recently.. I haven't thought about that in a long time, the last time I did I wondered what Nature would be like.
Yep! I switched from Wind. I used the one free flight change
Yeah, I feel like I should've been in Fire from the beginning. Actually I was contemplating for a while between Wind and Fire while I was creating my FR account
Light, nature is a close second though~
sometimes, admittedly I don't keep up on much of the forums except for dragon share
Coolest looking primal eyes
I'm not sure tbh
Really hard, I feel like I took the longest reading all the flights lore trying to figure out what to pick. Like I said, the final decision for me was between Wind and Fire. And ultimately three months after being in Wind, I went to Fire.
tsKE8q5.png 11nVSmV.png

LF Vibrant Dragons

Art Dump!

Tot's Extra Dergs

IlQRgS6.png

1. What flight are you?
Lightning

When I joined the game in December 2018

3. Why that one?
I wasn't sure whether I should join Lightning or Wind actually... since everything seemed weather-based and I'm easily positively affected by weather I chose what gave me most energy, between Lightning and Wind it was just the deity that made me choose Lightning.

I did think about joining Earth (also Plague, Ice, Water and Light) for the eyes actually. Earth eyes fit my dragon preferences and barely look out of place. But I don't hatch dragons very often, so at the moment the weathery feeling is still more important.

No

Not a lot. Sometimes I'm happy another person is in the same flight and of course there's dominance in which I casually participate, but I still get excited for my flight and I'm sure I'd still mostly root for Lightning if I ever join another flight.

I don't really have a preference, but I tend to be the most impressed by Plague skins.

Flight exclusive auctions never, forums sometimes during dominance.

Friends I knew before and interact(ed) with often? There were three, two Arcane and one Fire. Out of them one is still active and in Arcane.

In case that wasn't obvious... thunderstorms! I also love the map.

No idea. I might have a tendency to get closer to Plague players though.

Hm... hard, but I didn't put too much thinking into it. I didn't think it would be that important.
1. What flight are you?
Lightning

When I joined the game in December 2018

3. Why that one?
I wasn't sure whether I should join Lightning or Wind actually... since everything seemed weather-based and I'm easily positively affected by weather I chose what gave me most energy, between Lightning and Wind it was just the deity that made me choose Lightning.

I did think about joining Earth (also Plague, Ice, Water and Light) for the eyes actually. Earth eyes fit my dragon preferences and barely look out of place. But I don't hatch dragons very often, so at the moment the weathery feeling is still more important.

No

Not a lot. Sometimes I'm happy another person is in the same flight and of course there's dominance in which I casually participate, but I still get excited for my flight and I'm sure I'd still mostly root for Lightning if I ever join another flight.

I don't really have a preference, but I tend to be the most impressed by Plague skins.

Flight exclusive auctions never, forums sometimes during dominance.

Friends I knew before and interact(ed) with often? There were three, two Arcane and one Fire. Out of them one is still active and in Arcane.

In case that wasn't obvious... thunderstorms! I also love the map.

No idea. I might have a tendency to get closer to Plague players though.

Hm... hard, but I didn't put too much thinking into it. I didn't think it would be that important.
P(I have enough dragons)=1/9999999999999999999999999999^9999999
It's a bad obsession, it's always messing, it's always messing my lair
News about my dragons
1. What flight are you?
A. Ice

A. August-? Unsure

3. Why that one?
A. The eyes, I also like the ice element.

A. Not really

A. I changed from Wind, I didn't like the eyes.

A. I do! Ice kids forever (plus I get an infinite supply of birdmojis :birdknight:)

A. Honestly probably the RoR since it starts near my bday

A. Not really

A. I have a few, mainly an arcane and a friend who I managed to convince to join ice!

A. Winter,,, Ice,,, eyes,,,

A. Ice.

A. I just looked at which deity looked pretty so my dumb self picked the windsinger
1. What flight are you?
A. Ice

A. August-? Unsure

3. Why that one?
A. The eyes, I also like the ice element.

A. Not really

A. I changed from Wind, I didn't like the eyes.

A. I do! Ice kids forever (plus I get an infinite supply of birdmojis :birdknight:)

A. Honestly probably the RoR since it starts near my bday

A. Not really

A. I have a few, mainly an arcane and a friend who I managed to convince to join ice!

A. Winter,,, Ice,,, eyes,,,

A. Ice.

A. I just looked at which deity looked pretty so my dumb self picked the windsinger
i'm trying my best
ePOliyb.pngFObX7rS.pngBb9XFYa.png
thank you for your patience
1. What flight are you?
A. Wind!
A. I'd think July or August 2017, a few months/weeks after I joined.
3. Why that one?
A. Wind is all about creativity, exploration and free spirits- exactly how I see myself.
A. Sometimes, for lore reasons- Earth or Plague, but Wind is my home.
A. Oh yeah, I used to be in Water when I joined.
A. It's hard not to! Wind for life!
A. 100% the Riot of Rot. I love the activities the community sets up and the Plague flight in general, to name a few things.
A. Occasionally, mostly during dom pushes.
A. I got three friends into FR: they're in Ice, Shadow and Water in join order.
A. The themes surrounding Wind and the general friendliness of the community!
A. Probably gonna say Wind, as it's the only one I've been in the longest to know well.
A. I originally went with water, which was not a hard decision given I've always liked the water-aligned dragons in most games with them. Also, my favorite color's blue.
1. What flight are you?
A. Wind!
A. I'd think July or August 2017, a few months/weeks after I joined.
3. Why that one?
A. Wind is all about creativity, exploration and free spirits- exactly how I see myself.
A. Sometimes, for lore reasons- Earth or Plague, but Wind is my home.
A. Oh yeah, I used to be in Water when I joined.
A. It's hard not to! Wind for life!
A. 100% the Riot of Rot. I love the activities the community sets up and the Plague flight in general, to name a few things.
A. Occasionally, mostly during dom pushes.
A. I got three friends into FR: they're in Ice, Shadow and Water in join order.
A. The themes surrounding Wind and the general friendliness of the community!
A. Probably gonna say Wind, as it's the only one I've been in the longest to know well.
A. I originally went with water, which was not a hard decision given I've always liked the water-aligned dragons in most games with them. Also, my favorite color's blue.
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
1. What flight are you?
A. light
A. march i think!
3. Why that one?
A. i wanted something a little more dom active, and i adore the aesthetic.
A. not recently. the thought of changing to nature or wind sometimes comes to my mind, but i wouldn’t do it. probably.
A. yes! i started in nature, then moved to light about two months later.
A. i suppose so!!
A. gladeskeeper gathering, followed by mistral jamboree.
A. the forums yes, not auctions though.
A. hahahahahaha
A. the aesthetic and the community we have here!
A. probably nature to be honest!
A. not too hard, i saw nature and was like “bam, this one”.
1. What flight are you?
A. light
A. march i think!
3. Why that one?
A. i wanted something a little more dom active, and i adore the aesthetic.
A. not recently. the thought of changing to nature or wind sometimes comes to my mind, but i wouldn’t do it. probably.
A. yes! i started in nature, then moved to light about two months later.
A. i suppose so!!
A. gladeskeeper gathering, followed by mistral jamboree.
A. the forums yes, not auctions though.
A. hahahahahaha
A. the aesthetic and the community we have here!
A. probably nature to be honest!
A. not too hard, i saw nature and was like “bam, this one”.
wqnTQE2.png · they/them
· intp - aquarius
· autistic
· sales tab
1 2 3 4 5 6 7