Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite Extinct Animal?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@LouckyKoneko I love quaggas, such a cute looking species! I think this project may be of interest to you :)
@LouckyKoneko I love quaggas, such a cute looking species! I think this project may be of interest to you :)

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
This is not a final answer but i really love Procompsognathus. little raptor the size of a cat
This is not a final answer but i really love Procompsognathus. little raptor the size of a cat
kaiidth.tumblr_inline_o4fycrLedS1snz70d_540.png
@Oggdo thank you! I didn't know about that, that's really cool!!
@Oggdo thank you! I didn't know about that, that's really cool!!
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I love dinosaurs! In fact, my future plan is to study paleobiology and paleontology in college. I kind of swap between a few different answers for favorites, but at the moment, it's [i]Deinonychus antirrhopus[/i]. These funky little fellas were closely related to birds, and were - at least in part - responsible for the debate on whether dinosaurids were warm- or cold-blooded! It was feathered, and stood about as tall as a golden retriever, though its tail was much longer. [center][img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1e/Deinonychus_Restoration.png/300px-Deinonychus_Restoration.png[/img][/center] There is a [i]ton[/i] of speculation on its behavior. One of the big arguments is whether or not they hunted in packs. They were believed to be at least semi-arboreal, given the ratchet-like ligament in one of their claws, which may have allowed them to passively "lock" onto things like trees and even prey. [center][img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Climbing_Deinonychus.jpg/300px-Climbing_Deinonychus.jpg[/img][/center] To sum up my ridiculous infodump, they're super cool and I like them a lot! ([url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinonychus]wikipedia article[/url] if anyone wants to read more)
I love dinosaurs! In fact, my future plan is to study paleobiology and paleontology in college. I kind of swap between a few different answers for favorites, but at the moment, it's Deinonychus antirrhopus. These funky little fellas were closely related to birds, and were - at least in part - responsible for the debate on whether dinosaurids were warm- or cold-blooded! It was feathered, and stood about as tall as a golden retriever, though its tail was much longer.
300px-Deinonychus_Restoration.png
There is a ton of speculation on its behavior. One of the big arguments is whether or not they hunted in packs. They were believed to be at least semi-arboreal, given the ratchet-like ligament in one of their claws, which may have allowed them to passively "lock" onto things like trees and even prey.
300px-Climbing_Deinonychus.jpg
To sum up my ridiculous infodump, they're super cool and I like them a lot!

(wikipedia article if anyone wants to read more)
wishlist|tumblr|avatar
fr+3|they/them|ace
poetry archive|poetry shop
I love dinosaurs
horn player for 7 years!
acecatcher.png
jt3PpxV.png
@ActualAce

If you haven't read it yet, I recommend Raptor Red, by Robert T. Bakker (yes, THE Bob Bakker). It's not about Deinonychus, but about Utahraptor. Close enough, though, I think.

It describes a year in a life of an Utahraptor, from the raptor's point of view. Very interesting, and contains a lot of fun speculative behaviour. One of the greastest examples of xenofiction.
A must-read for anyone who likes dromeosaurs, I'd say.

Also, while the book was written at a time just before it was discovered most small theropods were feathered, Raptor Red and her pals being featherless is about the only non-birdlike trait they have.
@ActualAce

If you haven't read it yet, I recommend Raptor Red, by Robert T. Bakker (yes, THE Bob Bakker). It's not about Deinonychus, but about Utahraptor. Close enough, though, I think.

It describes a year in a life of an Utahraptor, from the raptor's point of view. Very interesting, and contains a lot of fun speculative behaviour. One of the greastest examples of xenofiction.
A must-read for anyone who likes dromeosaurs, I'd say.

Also, while the book was written at a time just before it was discovered most small theropods were feathered, Raptor Red and her pals being featherless is about the only non-birdlike trait they have.
@Xionahri
ooh thanks, I might give that a read! Definitely going on my list lol.
@Xionahri
ooh thanks, I might give that a read! Definitely going on my list lol.
wishlist|tumblr|avatar
fr+3|they/them|ace
poetry archive|poetry shop
I love dinosaurs
horn player for 7 years!
acecatcher.png
jt3PpxV.png
Spinosaurus aeygyptiacus, Smilodon, Dire Wolf and dinogorgon are some of my favs
Spinosaurus aeygyptiacus, Smilodon, Dire Wolf and dinogorgon are some of my favs
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
Close race between Amphicoelias, Anomalocaris and Dickinsonia.
Close race between Amphicoelias, Anomalocaris and Dickinsonia.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
Honestly, there are so many that I find interesting and/or wish were still around. This will be a very basic answer but: dodo birds. I think what bothers me most is how they became extinct in the first place
Honestly, there are so many that I find interesting and/or wish were still around. This will be a very basic answer but: dodo birds. I think what bothers me most is how they became extinct in the first place
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7