Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite Extinct Animal?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
i love mosasaurus as well!

for me, it's hard to decide.. but definitely some sort of dinosaur, terror bird, or mosasaur
i love mosasaurus as well!

for me, it's hard to decide.. but definitely some sort of dinosaur, terror bird, or mosasaur
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
acecatcher.png aromcatcher.png
My favorite has to be the gorgonopsids. Such cool creatures. Close after that would be smildon fatalis- I suppose I just really like saber-toothed animals!
My favorite has to be the gorgonopsids. Such cool creatures. Close after that would be smildon fatalis- I suppose I just really like saber-toothed animals!
my favorite is kind of sad, and recent, the Abingdon Island tortoise probably, its surreal to watch a species die out. Most Galapagos tortoise is either classified as Extinct, critically endangered, or vulnerable.

I learned about them because i read about the last of their kind, called Lonesome George. He was over 100 years old. but confirmed to be at least 102.

Basically, an invasive species (goats), got introduced to the Island he was discovered at, and all the tortoise had died, except Lonesome George, because the goats ate, E v e r y t h i n g that was a plant. When he was discovered they relocated him somewhere safe with plenty of food.
He had, more than one caretaker through his life, outliving a few of our kind who cared for him.

They tried to find suitable girl for Lonesome George, in a zoo, in nearby islands etc, but nothing came from it.
They gave him two female companions of a different, but very similar species, in hopes for a hybrid offspring.
His female companions produced, 3 clutches of eggs across several years, but none of the eggs hatched.

His body was Preserved by the American Museum of Natural History, and then returned to the Galapagos Islands where he is on display in an exhibit dedicated to him at Galapagos National Park headquarters

There is some research and efforts being made to resurrect his species Jurassic Park style, but these things take time.

rip lonesome George I hope his spirit went to a place with many of his kind and becames less Lonesome
my favorite is kind of sad, and recent, the Abingdon Island tortoise probably, its surreal to watch a species die out. Most Galapagos tortoise is either classified as Extinct, critically endangered, or vulnerable.

I learned about them because i read about the last of their kind, called Lonesome George. He was over 100 years old. but confirmed to be at least 102.

Basically, an invasive species (goats), got introduced to the Island he was discovered at, and all the tortoise had died, except Lonesome George, because the goats ate, E v e r y t h i n g that was a plant. When he was discovered they relocated him somewhere safe with plenty of food.
He had, more than one caretaker through his life, outliving a few of our kind who cared for him.

They tried to find suitable girl for Lonesome George, in a zoo, in nearby islands etc, but nothing came from it.
They gave him two female companions of a different, but very similar species, in hopes for a hybrid offspring.
His female companions produced, 3 clutches of eggs across several years, but none of the eggs hatched.

His body was Preserved by the American Museum of Natural History, and then returned to the Galapagos Islands where he is on display in an exhibit dedicated to him at Galapagos National Park headquarters

There is some research and efforts being made to resurrect his species Jurassic Park style, but these things take time.

rip lonesome George I hope his spirit went to a place with many of his kind and becames less Lonesome
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
Laughing owl,, honestly always wanted to know what their calls sounded like. It's sad that they never got to the chance to live long enough,..
Laughing owl,, honestly always wanted to know what their calls sounded like. It's sad that they never got to the chance to live long enough,..
dT9HQge.png
H0t7Ypl.png
bYt72YT.png
oaolHwW.png
5hF3FGk.png
OQwOmsS.png
Amebelodon Stuff of nightmares [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/jurassicpark/images/7/71/Amebelodon.jpg[/img] [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/WPHubeiPlatybeladon.jpg[/img]
Amebelodon

Stuff of nightmares
Amebelodon.jpg
WPHubeiPlatybeladon.jpg
Elasmotherium and hyaenodon [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Elasmotherium and hyaenodon
UMevL3r.pngwIXjcq3.pngl3R7Ulc.pngtn0RSo5.pngMUYNhfy.pngXmHV7tO.png

T48jBdJ.png
It's hard to choose, but I think for me it's either the Dimorphodon or Permian synapsids in general. [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fossilfighters/images/b/b3/Dimorph.png[/img] I ended up really liking Dimorphodons because of this little dude in Fossil Fighters. Chunky head, tiny body, only about the size of large dog. I love them so much .o.
It's hard to choose, but I think for me it's either the Dimorphodon or Permian synapsids in general.
Dimorph.png
I ended up really liking Dimorphodons because of this little dude in Fossil Fighters. Chunky head, tiny body, only about the size of large dog. I love them so much .o.
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
Spinosaurus and Elasmosaurus [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Spinosaurus and Elasmosaurus
fced41bdccad1a8c5ef3e9ae0635f4b0a7267717.gif
Ambulocetus and Chalicotherium! I recorded the Walking with the Beasts (and Dinosaurs) episodes on VCR as a kid and watched them over and over again, so most of my favorite prehistoric animals are from those series. I'm also very intrigued by Neanderthals.
Ambulocetus and Chalicotherium! I recorded the Walking with the Beasts (and Dinosaurs) episodes on VCR as a kid and watched them over and over again, so most of my favorite prehistoric animals are from those series. I'm also very intrigued by Neanderthals.
Haast's eagle - which is giant eagle, lived in New Zealand hunting Moa (giant, flightless bird species). They extinct as Moa extinct due to new human settlers - loosing their prey animal :( Moa is my second favorite. I love emu and moa bird looks similar but larger! [img]https://a4.pbase.com/o2/93/329493/1/98984118.IA74yTbO.NZJan082172.jpg[/img]
Haast's eagle - which is giant eagle, lived in New Zealand hunting Moa (giant, flightless bird species). They extinct as Moa extinct due to new human settlers - loosing their prey animal :(

Moa is my second favorite. I love emu and moa bird looks similar but larger!

98984118.IA74yTbO.NZJan082172.jpg
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7