Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bug 'pet' apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
praying mantis!!!!! i want it! Or perhaps an orchid mantis, those things are so rad!
praying mantis!!!!! i want it! Or perhaps an orchid mantis, those things are so rad!
I just came back to flight rising after 2 years of not being on here, so I've probably missed a lot and/or forgotten some flight rising etiquette so if I make any mistakes please be patient and correct me! :)
Omg yes. Please. I'm bug obsessed and I love having my bug familiars and they make me super happy. Need bugs!!!
Omg yes. Please. I'm bug obsessed and I love having my bug familiars and they make me super happy. Need bugs!!!
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
Support more oet apparel (And not bugs only but more different pets.
Spiders, moths, guys.
And also animals, birds and fishes (we have only 1 fish pets! (Old fest apparel))

As about phobias game already have dozen of this. Spiders on NON apparel. Bug set.
And all insect fams.
So why we can have spider fam but not spider pet apparel?!
Support more oet apparel (And not bugs only but more different pets.
Spiders, moths, guys.
And also animals, birds and fishes (we have only 1 fish pets! (Old fest apparel))

As about phobias game already have dozen of this. Spiders on NON apparel. Bug set.
And all insect fams.
So why we can have spider fam but not spider pet apparel?!

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Support.

I think that the whole “some users are afraid of bugs so let’s not add them to apparel” argument doesn’t really hold steady. Especially on a pixelated dragon game, where the apparel wouldn’t look super realistic. Plenty of people have issues with Plague and Shadow primal, but just work around it. Same with the more gore related Plague skins/accents.
Support.

I think that the whole “some users are afraid of bugs so let’s not add them to apparel” argument doesn’t really hold steady. Especially on a pixelated dragon game, where the apparel wouldn’t look super realistic. Plenty of people have issues with Plague and Shadow primal, but just work around it. Same with the more gore related Plague skins/accents.
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
Full support! Give me the mantisssssss

"What if people are scared"-- doesn't matter one bit. Bugs are all up and down this website. You have to see a bug to gather items. Fight in the coli. Some update posts when they feature bugs. And I'm pretty dang sure there's no rule against making a skin that covers your dragon in bugs/turns them into a bug. Bugs are all over this website in some form or another, even in apparel! That's right, there's cobwebs with a spider on it and a mask that surrounds your dragon with butterflies! They're far harder to avoid than any weird eyed dragon that's for sure!
Full support! Give me the mantisssssss

"What if people are scared"-- doesn't matter one bit. Bugs are all up and down this website. You have to see a bug to gather items. Fight in the coli. Some update posts when they feature bugs. And I'm pretty dang sure there's no rule against making a skin that covers your dragon in bugs/turns them into a bug. Bugs are all over this website in some form or another, even in apparel! That's right, there's cobwebs with a spider on it and a mask that surrounds your dragon with butterflies! They're far harder to avoid than any weird eyed dragon that's for sure!
15gb95M.gif
Any pronoun|FR +0|I like dragons
5qSZZX6.gif
[quote name="fattycatty" date="2021-09-17 02:26:01" ] [quote name="JoweeTheRaposa" date="2021-09-16 12:56:41" ] [quote]NOTE: I personally am not against beetles and the like, just arachnids and wasps and flies as apparel, just because people get freaked out by em :][/quote] We kinda already have wasp, fly, and spider familiars/food items, though. We have maggots and grubs, too. There are whole dragon breeds who eat nothing but insects (we even have a bug dragon). Insects are kinda unavoidable little critters when it comes to Flight Rising. You could make the insect apparel Baldwin recipes… although, I don’t think it would help. You will encounter insects in most Coli venues. [/quote] To put it simply, regardless of whether it sounds snarky (if it does then I apologize) How to avoid insect food altogether: Have no fae in your lair That’s all, until another breed who has a mono-diet that consists of bugs, you can avoid wasps flies and spiders altogether (bar hibden tasks which can be finished with a quick AH purchase and looking at a super pixelated greyed out version of the icon.) Not everyone coils, and yeah, they drop insects if you do, but venues like mire don’t drop spiders, just rolly polly bugs and worms, same with familiars, you don’t have to have them full stop (or if you wanna complete your bestiary, just put em in your vault). [/quote] I hope I don’t sound harsh, but you could also avoid the apparel, no? If a player dislikes an apparel piece, they can choose not to use it. If others like to show dragons with bug related things, you could block them to curate your experience. (Sorry that it took so long to respond, I kinda forgot this thread existed lol.)
fattycatty wrote on 2021-09-17 02:26:01:
JoweeTheRaposa wrote on 2021-09-16 12:56:41:
Quote:
NOTE: I personally am not against beetles and the like, just arachnids and wasps and flies as apparel, just because people get freaked out by em :]

We kinda already have wasp, fly, and spider familiars/food items, though. We have maggots and grubs, too. There are whole dragon breeds who eat nothing but insects (we even have a bug dragon). Insects are kinda unavoidable little critters when it comes to Flight Rising.

You could make the insect apparel Baldwin recipes… although, I don’t think it would help. You will encounter insects in most Coli venues.

To put it simply, regardless of whether it sounds snarky (if it does then I apologize)

How to avoid insect food altogether:
Have no fae in your lair

That’s all, until another breed who has a mono-diet that consists of bugs, you can avoid wasps flies and spiders altogether (bar hibden tasks which can be finished with a quick AH purchase and looking at a super pixelated greyed out version of the icon.)

Not everyone coils, and yeah, they drop insects if you do, but venues like mire don’t drop spiders, just rolly polly bugs and worms, same with familiars, you don’t have to have them full stop (or if you wanna complete your bestiary, just put em in your vault).

I hope I don’t sound harsh, but you could also avoid the apparel, no? If a player dislikes an apparel piece, they can choose not to use it. If others like to show dragons with bug related things, you could block them to curate your experience.

(Sorry that it took so long to respond, I kinda forgot this thread existed lol.)
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
Extreme support. I raise giant beetles irl so I would love to see them.
Extreme support. I raise giant beetles irl so I would love to see them.
Definitely support! I'd love to see dragonflies and cicadas because they're my favourite bugs IRL, but more kinds of bugs sound cool too!
Definitely support! I'd love to see dragonflies and cicadas because they're my favourite bugs IRL, but more kinds of bugs sound cool too!
jCVhFoZ.gif
YEs! Support!
YEs! Support!
3EIL5RM.png SwhjRD4.pngd3XCZt0.pngWeReVnH.pngaQp8eZz.pngt6Bzul7.png
85212510.png
jeremy says hi
support! I think they'd look cute along with all of those frog pet apparel items I've seen--swamp dragons, anyone? (and, similar to what other people have expressed, it's hard to avoid everyone's phobias in a game like this, especially when there's already a whole insect food category. if cutesy bugs are already too much for them to handle, they already learned how to avoid them in order to play.)
support! I think they'd look cute along with all of those frog pet apparel items I've seen--swamp dragons, anyone? (and, similar to what other people have expressed, it's hard to avoid everyone's phobias in a game like this, especially when there's already a whole insect food category. if cutesy bugs are already too much for them to handle, they already learned how to avoid them in order to play.)
this is secret text for spacing lololol rcLDXY6.png
QAC2ckf.png
mtHAEL4.png
mlHpBMC.png
YMPbu9R.png
1573.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8