Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bug 'pet' apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Heck yeah, major support! I love insects and arachnids, and I'd love to have them as apparel for my dragons! They could at least add giant isopod apparel.
Heck yeah, major support! I love insects and arachnids, and I'd love to have them as apparel for my dragons! They could at least add giant isopod apparel.
Support, and I'd personally love to see stick insects, since I have had them as pets myself and they're super cute :D
Support, and I'd personally love to see stick insects, since I have had them as pets myself and they're super cute :D
YES YES YES YES i would LOVE bug apparel!!!!! Especially spiders and mantids...
YES YES YES YES i would LOVE bug apparel!!!!! Especially spiders and mantids...
fqlXbzq.png
Please! I am an avid leaf insect keeper/breeder and I'd love to cover my dragons in them <3 Big support for giant millipedes, African Giant Snails, stick insects and cockroaches/dubia as well. I fear ants might be too small to draw, so I left them out. Sorry mom, I know you love your ant colonies <3

References:
1 mature female + 1 mature male + immature female Phyllium tobeloense "Galela"/Autum Leaf insect | CLP: 618
1 nymph (immature specimen) Phyllium tobeloense "Galela"/Autum Leaf insect | CLP: 618 - a leaf insect species I personally breed. Males are always green and about 1/3rd the size of females. Females can have any colour in a range of greens, yellows - reds and browns, and may or may not be heavily patterned to complete the autumn leaf look. Newborn babies (nymphs) are black and white and utterly adorable.

1 mature female + 1 mature male Lonchodiodes sp. ilocos | CLP: 643/PSG: 392 - a funky, fairly diurnal and easily-kept stick insect species. Males are highly active at all hours of the day, and can become a beautiful red colour.

1 female Carausius morosus/Indian Stick Insect | PSG: 1 - Generally the most beginner-friendly stick insect. Males don't really have a reason to exist in this species, as all reproduction happens through parthenogenesis, but it will still happen rarely through genetic mutations. I actually own a rare and unusually healthy gynandromorph individual of this species, meaning an infertile male/female mix!

1 Lissachatina fulica/African Giant Snail - delightful big ol' snail buddies that produce a less delightfully immense amount of eggs as soon as you have two adults together, since they are hermaphroditic... They love a lukewarm 'shower' under a lightly running faucet :) <3

1 Giant African Train millipede compared to Northern European common millipede - my brother calls them "living velcro" ever since one of our big girls decided to grab on to the shirt sleeves around his wrist one evening. It took some doing to forcefully coax her off to put her back in her habitat. I hope I didn't scare her too much :(

1 adult female + 1 adult male Blaptica dubia/dubia cockroach - the most skittery of the bugs in this list, but IMO still friend-shaped. I don't keep these but my mom uses them as feeder insects for her praying mantis.

1 female Sphodromantis lineola/African Mantis - a less commonly-kept mantid, but one that sticks pretty close to the common bodyplan without too many fancy tricks. A little larger than some other species, and therefore more viable to be turned into apparel artwork.
Please! I am an avid leaf insect keeper/breeder and I'd love to cover my dragons in them <3 Big support for giant millipedes, African Giant Snails, stick insects and cockroaches/dubia as well. I fear ants might be too small to draw, so I left them out. Sorry mom, I know you love your ant colonies <3

References:
1 mature female + 1 mature male + immature female Phyllium tobeloense "Galela"/Autum Leaf insect | CLP: 618
1 nymph (immature specimen) Phyllium tobeloense "Galela"/Autum Leaf insect | CLP: 618 - a leaf insect species I personally breed. Males are always green and about 1/3rd the size of females. Females can have any colour in a range of greens, yellows - reds and browns, and may or may not be heavily patterned to complete the autumn leaf look. Newborn babies (nymphs) are black and white and utterly adorable.

1 mature female + 1 mature male Lonchodiodes sp. ilocos | CLP: 643/PSG: 392 - a funky, fairly diurnal and easily-kept stick insect species. Males are highly active at all hours of the day, and can become a beautiful red colour.

1 female Carausius morosus/Indian Stick Insect | PSG: 1 - Generally the most beginner-friendly stick insect. Males don't really have a reason to exist in this species, as all reproduction happens through parthenogenesis, but it will still happen rarely through genetic mutations. I actually own a rare and unusually healthy gynandromorph individual of this species, meaning an infertile male/female mix!

1 Lissachatina fulica/African Giant Snail - delightful big ol' snail buddies that produce a less delightfully immense amount of eggs as soon as you have two adults together, since they are hermaphroditic... They love a lukewarm 'shower' under a lightly running faucet :) <3

1 Giant African Train millipede compared to Northern European common millipede - my brother calls them "living velcro" ever since one of our big girls decided to grab on to the shirt sleeves around his wrist one evening. It took some doing to forcefully coax her off to put her back in her habitat. I hope I didn't scare her too much :(

1 adult female + 1 adult male Blaptica dubia/dubia cockroach - the most skittery of the bugs in this list, but IMO still friend-shaped. I don't keep these but my mom uses them as feeder insects for her praying mantis.

1 female Sphodromantis lineola/African Mantis - a less commonly-kept mantid, but one that sticks pretty close to the common bodyplan without too many fancy tricks. A little larger than some other species, and therefore more viable to be turned into apparel artwork.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Buggies! I want an entire cloud of wasps!
Buggies! I want an entire cloud of wasps!
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
*to the tune of Shots* BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES

(Yes, the bumble familiar already exists, but we're talking apparel here)
Could be a swarm, could be one giant bee, but some bee options would be nice, and I think they'd make a fairly good candidate if people are worried about the creep factor - they're fairly cute and fuzzy, not to mention I'm pretty sure a honeybee hive scene and beekeeper dragons already exist. Of course, we don't have to do just honeybees and bumblebees - less well known species like carpenter bees, leafcutter bees, and orchid bees could make great apparel. I mean, look at these orchid bees, they're practically apparel already! And who wouldn't want one of these flying by their side, carrying a flower or something.

(Of course, the option should probably still exists for users with a phobia - it's not for everyone, but I think those that do should be allowed to enjoy them)

*to the tune of Shots* BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES BEES

(Yes, the bumble familiar already exists, but we're talking apparel here)
Could be a swarm, could be one giant bee, but some bee options would be nice, and I think they'd make a fairly good candidate if people are worried about the creep factor - they're fairly cute and fuzzy, not to mention I'm pretty sure a honeybee hive scene and beekeeper dragons already exist. Of course, we don't have to do just honeybees and bumblebees - less well known species like carpenter bees, leafcutter bees, and orchid bees could make great apparel. I mean, look at these orchid bees, they're practically apparel already! And who wouldn't want one of these flying by their side, carrying a flower or something.

(Of course, the option should probably still exists for users with a phobia - it's not for everyone, but I think those that do should be allowed to enjoy them)

Apopts hub!
71814774.png
Oh yes, please, I'd dearly love some bug apparel. Bee, mantis, butterfly, dragonfly, spider*, scorpion*, beetles with big horns, ladybugs, centipedes... bring 'em all on. I'm ready to put them on a dragon.

*Yeah, yeah, I know these aren't insects. They are, however, very firmly 'bugs' in most people's minds.
Oh yes, please, I'd dearly love some bug apparel. Bee, mantis, butterfly, dragonfly, spider*, scorpion*, beetles with big horns, ladybugs, centipedes... bring 'em all on. I'm ready to put them on a dragon.

*Yeah, yeah, I know these aren't insects. They are, however, very firmly 'bugs' in most people's minds.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
i want bugs gimme

i would like

tarantulas
scorpions
big puffy moths
jumping spiders
trilobite beetle
stick bugs
cicadas
big beetles (rhino, hercules, stag, goliath)
fire flies
centipedes
etc
i want bugs gimme

i would like

tarantulas
scorpions
big puffy moths
jumping spiders
trilobite beetle
stick bugs
cicadas
big beetles (rhino, hercules, stag, goliath)
fire flies
centipedes
etc
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Yes, yes, gimme bugs! Dragonflies, if nobody has added them to the list yet. I wanna see 'em pose on a Pearlcatcher's horn.

Also, if my frog-phobic friend can play through Nazmir in WoW with an entire section of story about helping a toad god and his toad children get revenge by living out their "what if frogs were big enough to eat people" nightmares, I think people on the dragon site can look at a pixel spider for half a second.
Yes, yes, gimme bugs! Dragonflies, if nobody has added them to the list yet. I wanna see 'em pose on a Pearlcatcher's horn.

Also, if my frog-phobic friend can play through Nazmir in WoW with an entire section of story about helping a toad god and his toad children get revenge by living out their "what if frogs were big enough to eat people" nightmares, I think people on the dragon site can look at a pixel spider for half a second.
Oh my goodness, I would absolutely love tarantulas! Especially something like Pamphobetus Machala or the Pamphobetus Ultramarinus... both gorgeous! (Excuse my purple obsession...) But really, give me a tarantula and I'm happy! Definitely would like some other zergs, like scorpion or vinegaroon. I know other people would probably like a bumble bee or bees/wasps ect. I personally can live my life quite happily without flying insects, as they disgust me... but I wouldn't deprive others of what they enjoy. (Unless they steal my spiders! How dare they!) But in all fairness, we have a lot of good familiars of these things already, but I want more "Cuddle-bugs" [emoji=veilspun happy]
Oh my goodness, I would absolutely love tarantulas! Especially something like Pamphobetus Machala or the Pamphobetus Ultramarinus... both gorgeous! (Excuse my purple obsession...) But really, give me a tarantula and I'm happy! Definitely would like some other zergs, like scorpion or vinegaroon.

I know other people would probably like a bumble bee or bees/wasps ect. I personally can live my life quite happily without flying insects, as they disgust me... but I wouldn't deprive others of what they enjoy. (Unless they steal my spiders! How dare they!) But in all fairness, we have a lot of good familiars of these things already, but I want more "Cuddle-bugs"
Please Don't ping me to tell me you are not interested.
If I don't provide a price... I probably don't have one. If there's interest, I'll try and think of one for you! Don't worry, you're all set, amigo!
-Sorry if I missed you asking!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8