Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bug 'pet' apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Full support, personally I'm not too fond of maggots and ticks, but would love some nice bugs and insects, some comfort creepy crawlies.

(Trigger warnings or image replacements for people with phobias have been suggested in other threads. I suggest anyone concerned with those issues leaves their opinion in those threads. I don't see why both of these things can't be implemented, bugs for the bug lovers and implementation of an optional system that lets you opt-out of seeing triggering images.)

edit to say: (PS: I'm not against maggots, I just wouldn't get them for my dragons if they were available.. unless they were cute, then I may change my mind lol)
Full support, personally I'm not too fond of maggots and ticks, but would love some nice bugs and insects, some comfort creepy crawlies.

(Trigger warnings or image replacements for people with phobias have been suggested in other threads. I suggest anyone concerned with those issues leaves their opinion in those threads. I don't see why both of these things can't be implemented, bugs for the bug lovers and implementation of an optional system that lets you opt-out of seeing triggering images.)

edit to say: (PS: I'm not against maggots, I just wouldn't get them for my dragons if they were available.. unless they were cute, then I may change my mind lol)
tumblr_inline_pstgarDqq51tc3swm_75sq.png tumblr_inline_pstgas05kl1tc3swm_75sq.pngzuKl4tj.pngtumblr_inline_p409qnf9Wx1tc3swm_540.pngtumblr_inline_p40r5mKIGh1tc3swm_540.png tumblr_inline_p3ylp2Quz91tc3swm_540.pngsmolsnek.png y6Tz96p.png lM0v4sB.pnge303f6ae-68b9-11eb-b911-5de944b9d8e8.gif
Full support!

(P:S. I would like to see maggots too lol)
Full support!

(P:S. I would like to see maggots too lol)
UqN4jFQ.png
[quote name="fattycatty" date="2021-09-16 04:32:19" ] [quote name="Xionahri" date="2021-09-13 00:46:06" ] [quote name="fattycatty" date="2021-09-12 02:33:17" ] No support, but not because I hate bugs y’all Bear with me, I love bugs, they’re amazing, but other people have fears of them If you put spiders, centipedes, flies and wasps into the game, people with severe arachnophobia and fears of insects will FREAK out. Now you have to be weary when clicking on a dragon in case it has a spider etc etc on it, have to be weary when entering MP, weary when dragon share week comes around.. definitely losing a chunk of the playerbase as they realize their game has become a fear ridden environment. I have a cousin with a suuper bad arachnophobia, so much so she’ll smash anything spiderlike and cry, I bet even the spider on the witch apparel would make her panic, but an entire apparel piece dedicated to them? How would she feel about that? TL;DR People have bug fears, and might leave the game over these fears [/quote] I have met more people IRL who fear dogs than people who fear spiders. Are you saying that there should be no more dogs too? [/quote] I’ve met the complete opposite, so far I’ve met ONE person total who’s scared of dogs (which was myself when I was 5 up until I was 8), and it was because I thought they were gonna eat me ‘cause of their energy and vibe, not how they looked. I’m not denying that cynophobia (if that’s what it’s called) exists, but it’s way less common than arachnophobia. See for example on discord, majority of servers ask people to spoiler images of blood, gore, and… bugs, if cats and dogs were a bigger problem than them, then they’d be added to the ‘please spoiler’ list too :/ And someone else brought up a fear of yellow.. I doubt someone would sign up to fr if they had that phobia since the logo is bright gold, the fear itself is classed as ‘unusual’ or ‘rare’ too, so even if some people on fr HAVE that phobia, very little of the playerbase would leave if the entire website turned yellow due to the already bright yellow put everywhere on the site NOTE: I personally am not against beetles and the like, just arachnids and wasps and flies as apparel, just because people get freaked out by em :] [/quote][font=American Gothic][size=4] Your experiences are valid, though I agree to disagree. I have personally seen the opposite. There are many people I know, people who haven’t even met, that are afraid of dogs. Severely afraid. I only know one person with “severe” arachnophobia in that they cannot even look at spiders. Everyone else is only mildly uncomfortable with them, or neutral, or perhaps even enjoys them. That is not to say arachnophobes don’t exist, merely I have seen many people afraid of dogs. But there is also a cultural “it’s OK” to be afraid of spiders. With cynophobia, despite its prevalence, it is more shunned. Dogs are Man’s Best Friend, why should you be scared of them? It is not that they do not exist, but arachnophobia and entomophobia are far more normalized. Same with ophidiophobia (fear of snakes) and galeophobia (fear of sharks). If you are afraid of dogs, then something is “wrong” with you. Finally, it should also be noted that Flight Rising already has snake apparel. Including rattlesnakes, which, alongside the Generic Colubrid Snake and large pythons/boas, are quite feared. Ophidiophobia is extremely common. So, if animals like snakes and dogs and cats, all common phobias, have apparel, why not bugs? Note: this is not meant to be rude in any way. I am just discussing that I personally have met more people afraid of dogs than spiders, but because it’s “bad” in society to be afraid of them, they do not speak of it. I am truly sorry if it came out wrongly. Please inform me if it did. EDIT: Fixed an annoying grammar issue.
fattycatty wrote on 2021-09-16 04:32:19:
Xionahri wrote on 2021-09-13 00:46:06:
fattycatty wrote on 2021-09-12 02:33:17:
No support, but not because I hate bugs y’all

Bear with me, I love bugs, they’re amazing, but other people have fears of them

If you put spiders, centipedes, flies and wasps into the game, people with severe arachnophobia and fears of insects will FREAK out. Now you have to be weary when clicking on a dragon in case it has a spider etc etc on it, have to be weary when entering MP, weary when dragon share week comes around.. definitely losing a chunk of the playerbase as they realize their game has become a fear ridden environment.

I have a cousin with a suuper bad arachnophobia, so much so she’ll smash anything spiderlike and cry, I bet even the spider on the witch apparel would make her panic, but an entire apparel piece dedicated to them? How would she feel about that?

TL;DR
People have bug fears, and might leave the game over these fears

I have met more people IRL who fear dogs than people who fear spiders. Are you saying that there should be no more dogs too?

I’ve met the complete opposite, so far I’ve met ONE person total who’s scared of dogs (which was myself when I was 5 up until I was 8), and it was because I thought they were gonna eat me ‘cause of their energy and vibe, not how they looked. I’m not denying that cynophobia (if that’s what it’s called) exists, but it’s way less common than arachnophobia.

See for example on discord, majority of servers ask people to spoiler images of blood, gore, and… bugs, if cats and dogs were a bigger problem than them, then they’d be added to the ‘please spoiler’ list too :/

And someone else brought up a fear of yellow.. I doubt someone would sign up to fr if they had that phobia since the logo is bright gold, the fear itself is classed as ‘unusual’ or ‘rare’ too, so even if some people on fr HAVE that phobia, very little of the playerbase would leave if the entire website turned yellow due to the already bright yellow put everywhere on the site

NOTE: I personally am not against beetles and the like, just arachnids and wasps and flies as apparel, just because people get freaked out by em :]

Your experiences are valid, though I agree to disagree. I have personally seen the opposite. There are many people I know, people who haven’t even met, that are afraid of dogs. Severely afraid. I only know one person with “severe” arachnophobia in that they cannot even look at spiders. Everyone else is only mildly uncomfortable with them, or neutral, or perhaps even enjoys them. That is not to say arachnophobes don’t exist, merely I have seen many people afraid of dogs.

But there is also a cultural “it’s OK” to be afraid of spiders. With cynophobia, despite its prevalence, it is more shunned. Dogs are Man’s Best Friend, why should you be scared of them? It is not that they do not exist, but arachnophobia and entomophobia are far more normalized. Same with ophidiophobia (fear of snakes) and galeophobia (fear of sharks). If you are afraid of dogs, then something is “wrong” with you.

Finally, it should also be noted that Flight Rising already has snake apparel. Including rattlesnakes, which, alongside the Generic Colubrid Snake and large pythons/boas, are quite feared. Ophidiophobia is extremely common. So, if animals like snakes and dogs and cats, all common phobias, have apparel, why not bugs?

Note: this is not meant to be rude in any way. I am just discussing that I personally have met more people afraid of dogs than spiders, but because it’s “bad” in society to be afraid of them, they do not speak of it. I am truly sorry if it came out wrongly. Please inform me if it did.

EDIT: Fixed an annoying grammar issue.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
bug bug bug bug bug Appie your ideas be BUSSIN

Gib us bug apparel please I wanna make more funky woodland friends
bug bug bug bug bug Appie your ideas be BUSSIN

Gib us bug apparel please I wanna make more funky woodland friends
UDp5HOz.pngforum_friendly_noodleverse.gifGek4MgE.pngezgif-3-304cb7f281.gifundefined.png
Full support!! I’d love to give a spider (or any bug in that matter) to one of my dragons!
Full support!! I’d love to give a spider (or any bug in that matter) to one of my dragons!
801128-C0-8-C7-A-4640-98-E6-A1-B6-EC0-A3-A60.png
tumblr_inline_ou7qgsczGB1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.png
Emerald
She/Her
FR+0
tumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ou7qgsczGB1r2ao8y_540.png
7-DE5099-A-45-E5-4-CE6-B24-D-E8696-F7385-FA.png
my wishlist
my bio
As someone with arachnophobia...

let people put pet spiders on their dragons if they want to, they can easily be avoided tbh, idk what the concern is here.

Share weeks? Just don't click on the thread? Browsing through someone's lair? Just hit the back button, close the page or move on to the next dragon. On discord, you can always ask for it to be spoilered.

I know my arachnophobia isn't the same as someone else's but I do know I'm the one who has to monitor my own comfort, and as many already pointed out we already have many spider-related things on site. And we also have things on site that other people have phobias for (snakes, rats, mice, sharks etc)

Yeah give us bug apparel even the "creepy" ones, other people should be allowed their fun too

on an unrelated note: Lizard apparel? plz, I wanna put geckos, iguanas, skinks, and more on my dragons xD
As someone with arachnophobia...

let people put pet spiders on their dragons if they want to, they can easily be avoided tbh, idk what the concern is here.

Share weeks? Just don't click on the thread? Browsing through someone's lair? Just hit the back button, close the page or move on to the next dragon. On discord, you can always ask for it to be spoilered.

I know my arachnophobia isn't the same as someone else's but I do know I'm the one who has to monitor my own comfort, and as many already pointed out we already have many spider-related things on site. And we also have things on site that other people have phobias for (snakes, rats, mice, sharks etc)

Yeah give us bug apparel even the "creepy" ones, other people should be allowed their fun too

on an unrelated note: Lizard apparel? plz, I wanna put geckos, iguanas, skinks, and more on my dragons xD
DVcXRyP.png
I'd personally really love bug pets! Maybe they could even draw inspiration from the insect food items, so it's like the dragon decided to keep them instead? It could be a fun idea anyway! (also sorry if anyone suggested that previously, I didn't read the whole thread haha)
I'd personally really love bug pets! Maybe they could even draw inspiration from the insect food items, so it's like the dragon decided to keep them instead? It could be a fun idea anyway! (also sorry if anyone suggested that previously, I didn't read the whole thread haha)
Support! I neeed this yes, buggy friends :D
Support! I neeed this yes, buggy friends :D
p1Pjh8S.png

p110et9.gif By Sesshin

[img][/img]
support! i want bug pets/apparel so bad
support! i want bug pets/apparel so bad
charley he/him
KZNPfqd.png
Yes please! Especially mantises. Artists here are fantastic at drawing inverts so confident they'd look amazing too. Also this: [quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date="2021-09-26 08:05:05" ] on an unrelated note: Lizard apparel? plz, I wanna put geckos, iguanas, skinks, and more on my dragons xD [/quote]
Yes please! Especially mantises. Artists here are fantastic at drawing inverts so confident they'd look amazing too.

Also this:
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2021-09-26 08:05:05:
» Ping friendly
................................................................. Bb8deOg.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8