Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I’m sick of lameforgers
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
As someone else who is also in Fire… I actually think it’s kind of hilarious? Granted, I love puns, but the fact that this wasn’t just some player’s typo but that one of the DEVS screwed it up just makes it one of those epic fails you have to laugh at. I don’t think anyone uses it as a genuine slam against Fire - most of us are just still laughing about that typo.

Fire is a great flight - we have one of the coolest (hah) primal eye types, we always tend to get fantastic fest skins and apparel, so there’s lots to be proud of! We can afford to laugh at ourselves a bit, I think.
As someone else who is also in Fire… I actually think it’s kind of hilarious? Granted, I love puns, but the fact that this wasn’t just some player’s typo but that one of the DEVS screwed it up just makes it one of those epic fails you have to laugh at. I don’t think anyone uses it as a genuine slam against Fire - most of us are just still laughing about that typo.

Fire is a great flight - we have one of the coolest (hah) primal eye types, we always tend to get fantastic fest skins and apparel, so there’s lots to be proud of! We can afford to laugh at ourselves a bit, I think.
All of my lair tabs have fan dragons except the last two. Also check my den. My avatar dragon is here!
As originally, and still Fire in heart, I don't consider it meant with any kind of actual mockery or hostility, just poking fun at Undel's typo. This comic on it from way back when is still the best. [quote name="Cockatrice" date="2016-08-21 03:34:15" ] Just gonna march this back on out [img]http://i.imgur.com/QrgOywd.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/WXQkDkr.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/0XJDLFK.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/iyQJLMp.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/uJ4McpL.png[/img] I'm sure every year from Flameforger's since will be heralded with her busting in to Undel's home unannounced yelling "HEY UNDORK ANY ~*HILARIOUS*~ TYPOS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS YEAR?!" I bet she's the brand of mean where she helps herself to the fridge before leaving, still yelling even though her worries have been assuaged. [/quote]
As originally, and still Fire in heart, I don't consider it meant with any kind of actual mockery or hostility, just poking fun at Undel's typo. This comic on it from way back when is still the best.
Cockatrice wrote on 2016-08-21 03:34:15:
Just gonna march this back on out

QrgOywd.png

WXQkDkr.png

0XJDLFK.png

iyQJLMp.png

uJ4McpL.png

I'm sure every year from Flameforger's since will be heralded with her busting in to Undel's home unannounced yelling "HEY UNDORK ANY ~*HILARIOUS*~ TYPOS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS YEAR?!" I bet she's the brand of mean where she helps herself to the fridge before leaving, still yelling even though her worries have been assuaged.
ZVpCPil.png
bait
bait
uydzD.gif
   
  • fr+9
  • he/him or they/them
No, yes, and yes.
No, yes, and yes.
Genuine question, is this satire?
Otr, He/They/It pronouns, +3 server time.tiny_otr_for_fr.gif
oh sure, no other flight gets lighthearted fun poked at them for something they're long sick of.
oh sure, no other flight gets lighthearted fun poked at them for something they're long sick of.
[quote name="Otr" date="2021-08-23 10:29:29" ] Genuine question, is this satire? [/quote] right? its a harmless little joke and p much all flights have one,,,, i cant tell if op is genuinely offended
Otr wrote on 2021-08-23 10:29:29:
right? its a harmless little joke and p much all flights have one,,,, i cant tell if op is genuinely offended
4-B914-C97-9-A3-C-4320-A974-68-DF5-EF7-B715.png
[quote name="dragondiva" date="2021-08-23 10:15:17" ] ...totally came here to see why someone didn't like flameforgers this year, title is a little confusing [emoji=skydancer laughing size=1] [/quote]
dragondiva wrote on 2021-08-23 10:15:17:
...totally came here to see why someone didn't like flameforgers this year, title is a little confusing
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
kBHm00y.png
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
[quote name="borb" date="2021-08-23 10:32:40" ] right? its a harmless little joke and p much all flights have one,,,, i cant tell if op is genuinely offended [/quote] I don't think OP is joking. Sometimes (especially over the internet, but even in RL) even harmless jokes can be hurtful to some people. Some people just have a hard time taking jokes directed at a certain group or person. Myself included, but I've learned to cope with it over time. While many see it as 'It's just a joke! We're laughing [i]with[/i] you, not at you." When a person like myself or the OP sees it, we (Or at least [i]I[/i] think); "They're making fun of me." Even if that isn't the case Hard to speak for anyone except me, but while I've learned to laugh along with jokes that poke fun of me, my groups, my interests (even if not a malicious way)- there's still a small part of me that feels upset. It can stem from a lot of things, but for me personally, it was from childhood bullying. Anything joke that even [i]slightly[/i] involves me just completely makes me think; "Omg, they're laughing at me, they're judging me, why don't they like me?" Which is totally unreasonable, but hey the mind is dumb. I see the OP's point, but also think no one is really wrong in this situation. The joke isn't mean, but also some people can take it hurtfully like it's directed at them when it's not. EDIT: I should also add that I do think OP's post is kinda.. hostile and I don't agree with how it was worded, but yeah they feel what they feel and I understand.
borb wrote on 2021-08-23 10:32:40:
right? its a harmless little joke and p much all flights have one,,,, i cant tell if op is genuinely offended
I don't think OP is joking. Sometimes (especially over the internet, but even in RL) even harmless jokes can be hurtful to some people. Some people just have a hard time taking jokes directed at a certain group or person. Myself included, but I've learned to cope with it over time.

While many see it as 'It's just a joke! We're laughing with you, not at you." When a person like myself or the OP sees it, we (Or at least I think); "They're making fun of me." Even if that isn't the case

Hard to speak for anyone except me, but while I've learned to laugh along with jokes that poke fun of me, my groups, my interests (even if not a malicious way)- there's still a small part of me that feels upset.

It can stem from a lot of things, but for me personally, it was from childhood bullying. Anything joke that even slightly involves me just completely makes me think; "Omg, they're laughing at me, they're judging me, why don't they like me?" Which is totally unreasonable, but hey the mind is dumb.

I see the OP's point, but also think no one is really wrong in this situation. The joke isn't mean, but also some people can take it hurtfully like it's directed at them when it's not.

EDIT: I should also add that I do think OP's post is kinda.. hostile and I don't agree with how it was worded, but yeah they feel what they feel and I understand.
...It's a typo the devs made. People joke around with all the Flights. There's "Tidedad come home", and Windsinger being lost, and the Plague Soup, and the Festival of 1, and a ton more messes... this is just another of them. It's a joke, not meant to say the festival is lame but to mention an old running joke we have here.
...It's a typo the devs made. People joke around with all the Flights. There's "Tidedad come home", and Windsinger being lost, and the Plague Soup, and the Festival of 1, and a ton more messes... this is just another of them. It's a joke, not meant to say the festival is lame but to mention an old running joke we have here.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9