Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Bounty Trading Post NPC
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50 51
I like this a lot! Full support! I honestly need something to convince me to do Coli, and this is perfect!
I like this a lot! Full support! I honestly need something to convince me to do Coli, and this is perfect!
YXuNUKh.gif u94F7n8.png
Support!! That sounds a lot of fun and makes coli more interesting for a lot of people and I!
Support!! That sounds a lot of fun and makes coli more interesting for a lot of people and I!
IQVDOqH.png
Support! I don't personally do coli stuff but I adore this idea and it'd definitely be super engaging for many people!!
Support! I don't personally do coli stuff but I adore this idea and it'd definitely be super engaging for many people!!
79079225_0jqAX51OAKtksya.png
I love this idea, having a little spice to the Coli would be MUCH appreciated, especially since I occasionally flip fodder for monies.

having generic coli loot as a prize might be a little blah though, seeings as you'd just be coming back from a grind (I've done "bounty" type challenges before where you need to fight until you've won a specific amount of a specific item, if the RNG doesn't want to give you a certain monster, you could be in there a LONG TIME).
I'm not sure exactly how I'd want to combat this, since saying "just have it be non-standard loot" feels kind of like a copout. :\
I love this idea, having a little spice to the Coli would be MUCH appreciated, especially since I occasionally flip fodder for monies.

having generic coli loot as a prize might be a little blah though, seeings as you'd just be coming back from a grind (I've done "bounty" type challenges before where you need to fight until you've won a specific amount of a specific item, if the RNG doesn't want to give you a certain monster, you could be in there a LONG TIME).
I'm not sure exactly how I'd want to combat this, since saying "just have it be non-standard loot" feels kind of like a copout. :\
they/them, FR Time +3
lightning_1.png Abandoned Your Post
You weren't that good of a security guard, anyway. You'll miss the donuts in the breakroom, though...
[quote name="Kismet" date="2021-08-19 05:45:22" ] I love this idea, having a little spice to the Coli would be MUCH appreciated, especially since I occasionally flip fodder for monies. having generic coli loot as a prize might be a little blah though, seeings as you'd just be coming back from a grind (I've done "bounty" type challenges before where you need to fight until you've won a specific amount of a specific item, if the RNG doesn't want to give you a certain monster, you could be in there a LONG TIME). I'm not sure exactly how I'd want to combat this, since saying "just have it be non-standard loot" feels kind of like a copout. :\ [/quote] i intentionally tried to keep the rewards (at least, those you'll be getting most of the time) on the tame side - the purpose isn't to replace what currently exists in the coli in terms of profit (targeted grinding, fodder training) but rather offer an alternative path alongside them. since you're otherwise coli-ing in a somewhat less efficient manner, the extra loot is just to compensate for that a little bit. plus, you'd still have the chance of rare coli drops from opening spoils, as well as - if that's also added - exclusive items. rare coli drops and rare exclusive items should exactly be that, though - rare loot you'll only sometimes get in addition to the standard coli loot. the spoils are mainly there for you to get at least a guaranteed bit of compensation and having most of the contents be generic coli loot helps maintain that; only rare drops both 1. breaks the balance bounties should ideally have with other forms of grinding and 2. risks many rewards becoming entirely worthless, whereas the idea is that you're guaranteed to be at least rewarded a little bit for your grinding, with the potential of a much bigger drop (eggs, elims, bounty-exclusive drops) as for the rng, there really isn't too much more that can be done about that? i tried to minimize the amount of rng you have to deal with by having the target specifically be a certain number (that's still random) of enemies to be defeated, rather than any kind of drop, since getting specific enemies is much easier than specific items, even if rng is sometimes unkind to you. not much different from getting bad luck with other kinds of coli-ing, like a lack of the drops you're after or bad spawns in the mire or whatever. from experience, though, i can say fairly certainly that it's probably not as bad as you're imagining. before making this thread, when i was still working out this suggestion, i made a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716090/1]challenge[/url] that also saw you getting randomized 'bounties', in part to test how useful this would be as a site feature and how fun it'd actually be. from my experiences with it, pretty much all bounties i did, even those with the maximum of 100 enemies, were very much doable in a reasonable time. the only ones that might warrant some more careful and precise balancing, should they be even added, are bounties for boss enemies; those are the ones where rng is more likely to hinder you, but that's an issue that can be addressed in any number of ways (making them require fewer kills and/or give more loot is already a fairly obvious answer; they could also be made optional, come with a free reroll, or not be added at all). to be honest though i don't want to go too deep on the specifics on balancing, because i feel staff is better-equipped for that task. ideally though bounties should be of a length where you can easily do multiple in a day & pick up a bounty if you find yourself bored and in search of something to do at any point in time. this got a bit rambly but i hope this somewhat clarifies some design decisions. in the end, this should help coli grinding [i]not[/i] feel like a grind, but rather like working towards a reasonable goal, for a reasonable reward.
Kismet wrote on 2021-08-19 05:45:22:

i intentionally tried to keep the rewards (at least, those you'll be getting most of the time) on the tame side - the purpose isn't to replace what currently exists in the coli in terms of profit (targeted grinding, fodder training) but rather offer an alternative path alongside them. since you're otherwise coli-ing in a somewhat less efficient manner, the extra loot is just to compensate for that a little bit. plus, you'd still have the chance of rare coli drops from opening spoils, as well as - if that's also added - exclusive items. rare coli drops and rare exclusive items should exactly be that, though - rare loot you'll only sometimes get in addition to the standard coli loot. the spoils are mainly there for you to get at least a guaranteed bit of compensation and having most of the contents be generic coli loot helps maintain that; only rare drops both 1. breaks the balance bounties should ideally have with other forms of grinding and 2. risks many rewards becoming entirely worthless, whereas the idea is that you're guaranteed to be at least rewarded a little bit for your grinding, with the potential of a much bigger drop (eggs, elims, bounty-exclusive drops)

as for the rng, there really isn't too much more that can be done about that? i tried to minimize the amount of rng you have to deal with by having the target specifically be a certain number (that's still random) of enemies to be defeated, rather than any kind of drop, since getting specific enemies is much easier than specific items, even if rng is sometimes unkind to you. not much different from getting bad luck with other kinds of coli-ing, like a lack of the drops you're after or bad spawns in the mire or whatever.

from experience, though, i can say fairly certainly that it's probably not as bad as you're imagining. before making this thread, when i was still working out this suggestion, i made a challenge that also saw you getting randomized 'bounties', in part to test how useful this would be as a site feature and how fun it'd actually be. from my experiences with it, pretty much all bounties i did, even those with the maximum of 100 enemies, were very much doable in a reasonable time.

the only ones that might warrant some more careful and precise balancing, should they be even added, are bounties for boss enemies; those are the ones where rng is more likely to hinder you, but that's an issue that can be addressed in any number of ways (making them require fewer kills and/or give more loot is already a fairly obvious answer; they could also be made optional, come with a free reroll, or not be added at all). to be honest though i don't want to go too deep on the specifics on balancing, because i feel staff is better-equipped for that task. ideally though bounties should be of a length where you can easily do multiple in a day & pick up a bounty if you find yourself bored and in search of something to do at any point in time.

this got a bit rambly but i hope this somewhat clarifies some design decisions. in the end, this should help coli grinding not feel like a grind, but rather like working towards a reasonable goal, for a reasonable reward.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
@Limanya
oh yeah, I get what you're saying. it's definitely not a deal breaker, of course, just a thought I had. still major support!

it's a cool idea and much needed.
@Limanya
oh yeah, I get what you're saying. it's definitely not a deal breaker, of course, just a thought I had. still major support!

it's a cool idea and much needed.
they/them, FR Time +3
lightning_1.png Abandoned Your Post
You weren't that good of a security guard, anyway. You'll miss the donuts in the breakroom, though...
this is a really great idea that might motivate me to do more coliseum time..
this is a really great idea that might motivate me to do more coliseum time..
0HN5KEp.pngSk0CWD3.png
Definitely support, my coli team is stuck at lvl 23 because I got so bored with training them haha
Definitely support, my coli team is stuck at lvl 23 because I got so bored with training them haha
I support this. I hate coli and don't even want to coli during festivals, this would give me slightly more motivation.
I support this. I hate coli and don't even want to coli during festivals, this would give me slightly more motivation.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
I love the idea
I love the idea
MreCscM.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50 51