Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Private Auctions Idea
1 2
I was thinking about how Private auctions are practically impratical, except for the couple outliers, and I came up with the idea that Private Auctions could become more useful by having it where instead of just listing usernames, you could access those auctions by having a link to them, as a second feature.

Not quite sure how well this would work, but what inspired this idea is how it would make buying from hatcheries easier by seeing the dragon and requesting the link to the auction via DMing the seller.

It also could possibly help with sellers not having their hatchling bought up in Auction House and becoming Exaltion Fodder, yknow?

Edit: Misworded it, I meant have it as a second possible option oops
I was thinking about how Private auctions are practically impratical, except for the couple outliers, and I came up with the idea that Private Auctions could become more useful by having it where instead of just listing usernames, you could access those auctions by having a link to them, as a second feature.

Not quite sure how well this would work, but what inspired this idea is how it would make buying from hatcheries easier by seeing the dragon and requesting the link to the auction via DMing the seller.

It also could possibly help with sellers not having their hatchling bought up in Auction House and becoming Exaltion Fodder, yknow?

Edit: Misworded it, I meant have it as a second possible option oops
JvUa9ma_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.pngFbBE7dN_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
No support as this would put giving dragons for dominance back to having use crossroads.

Also private auctions do have use as it is quicker than crossroads and safer than private messages for stuff like giving skins to those who pre-ordered them.

If people don't want their dragons to be used as fodder they should use the forums (continually using free dragon threads for fodder is against the rules.)
No support as this would put giving dragons for dominance back to having use crossroads.

Also private auctions do have use as it is quicker than crossroads and safer than private messages for stuff like giving skins to those who pre-ordered them.

If people don't want their dragons to be used as fodder they should use the forums (continually using free dragon threads for fodder is against the rules.)
While I wouldn't mind a link to private auctions option, I think thats a good idea and would be a nice QOL improvement for them, since you wouldn't need to input a username; I'd hardly say they're useless as they are. I use them quite a bit. They're much faster and easier for purchasing dragons than CRs.

I would also like to see a PA quick button on the forum (I usually copy paste the username but that can be a real hassle if the mobile browser decides not to cooperate), and longer auction times.

Edit: I totally misread the first line of this. Support for a link to private auctions additional option.

No support for replacing the username input with a link. PAs are totally useful as they are. Id rather add to its functionality, than take away something that I use regularly.
While I wouldn't mind a link to private auctions option, I think thats a good idea and would be a nice QOL improvement for them, since you wouldn't need to input a username; I'd hardly say they're useless as they are. I use them quite a bit. They're much faster and easier for purchasing dragons than CRs.

I would also like to see a PA quick button on the forum (I usually copy paste the username but that can be a real hassle if the mobile browser decides not to cooperate), and longer auction times.

Edit: I totally misread the first line of this. Support for a link to private auctions additional option.

No support for replacing the username input with a link. PAs are totally useful as they are. Id rather add to its functionality, than take away something that I use regularly.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
No support. PAs are extremely useful as is and there's no need to change the current functionality for sending a PA to someone.
No support. PAs are extremely useful as is and there's no need to change the current functionality for sending a PA to someone.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I didn't say change it, i just think adding it as well would be good, or have it as a second option
I didn't say change it, i just think adding it as well would be good, or have it as a second option
JvUa9ma_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.pngFbBE7dN_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
I wouldn't mind having this as an option, it would be just as useful to me for selling umas as the original was, since I could just throw that up as a "heres what I have on the AH right now" link in my store.

A "search by seller" option might work for this as well since you can technically just link to a search.
I wouldn't mind having this as an option, it would be just as useful to me for selling umas as the original was, since I could just throw that up as a "heres what I have on the AH right now" link in my store.

A "search by seller" option might work for this as well since you can technically just link to a search.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
I'd rather have this as a search option in the main AH, rather than doubling up the private AH with a filtered site-wide option. PAs are very useful, even if you haven't encountered that yet!
I'd rather have this as a search option in the main AH, rather than doubling up the private AH with a filtered site-wide option. PAs are very useful, even if you haven't encountered that yet!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
If link generate for every new lot this looks very complicated.
Seller keeping hatchery should generate 10 links for 10 hatchies/items. And send all 10 links to let's say 50 buyers? (and actually this could be even more)
If link generate for every new lot this looks very complicated.
Seller keeping hatchery should generate 10 links for 10 hatchies/items. And send all 10 links to let's say 50 buyers? (and actually this could be even more)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
No support for this, as private auctions are meant to be purchased by a specific person, but I could see this working for normal, nonprivate auctions
No support for this, as private auctions are meant to be purchased by a specific person, but I could see this working for normal, nonprivate auctions
ZQGfAQY.png
No support simply cuz I would never use this and hope the staff works on other things instead.
No support simply cuz I would never use this and hope the staff works on other things instead.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
1 2