Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gem Saving Tips?
1 2 3 4
[quote name="FreyaShadow" date="2021-08-16 06:57:38" ] Whatever you do, don't put yourself in the GASP UMAs pinglist. [/quote]
FreyaShadow wrote on 2021-08-16 06:57:38:
Whatever you do, don't put yourself in the GASP UMAs pinglist.
70804687p.png 70156534p.png 72742371p.png Rw7uKRS.png
125nq1m.png
fkWjutW.png
[quote name="halcy" date="2021-08-15 22:07:36" ] vault a chunk, sell things for gems, don't look at g1s, be picky in the scrying workshop the important steps are 3 and 4 I think [/quote] This. I sell familiars required for den slot tasks super cheap (like, 3 gems a pop), then I vault them because I know there are things I'm saving them for, like Breed Change scrolls for projects and more hibernal den slots. I find that it helps a little bit if you have a goal in mind, a reason why you're saving up, otherwise it's even easier to spend them. Deciding not to surf the AH in search of G1s is also immensely helpful, especially if you're like me and you already have sixty or so projects you still have to finish. [quote name="PrismDragonfly" date="2021-08-16 02:29:04" ] Make sure every dragon in your lair has a familiar, because getting to Awakened is worth it financially. You can make some good treasure and gems that way, and like everyone said, vault it. If you find you have too much treasure and would prefer gems, you can usually find someone willing to trade treasure to gems or vice versa in the Items For Sale forum. [/quote] I can't speak for that last part because I've never tried converting treasure into gems myself, but I can say that reaching Awakened with your familiars can be worth it. This is especially true if you're working to complete a Fiona feat, because you'll get a small number of gems on top of those you could earn from the chests you get just by bonding with your familiars - I believe the cap is six once you reach Awakened with both familiars, and you get six thousand treasure. Whether or not you decide to keep or sell the chests you earn through bonding with your familiars will be a decision only you can make, and that's something that I've been struggling with myself, but if you can discipline yourself to save twenty or so Gilded Decorative Chests, you can easily earn 100, 200 gems right there. The more chests you save, the more gems you'll earn. Or you can just sell them for gems on the AH, though I'm not sure how lucrative that would be compared to saving them and opening them all at once. That would probably depend on how much you sell them for, and how many you sell. Edit: Because I just remembered this - Something else you [i]could[/i] do, if you have the time and you don't mind playing the waiting game, is keep your clan energy above 80% for three days straight. You'll get 1 gem per day after that so long as you can keep your clan's energy up, though that's really not as ideal as some of the other suggestions listed here. This is what I did (unwittingly) when I first started playing the game, and I had like, 300+ gems that I didn't know what to do with because I'd just been accumulating them with no goal in mind, nothing I really wanted to spend them on until I started messing around in the Dressing Room. Again, it's definitely not as quick as some of the other suggestions, and the potential cost of keeping your clan well-fed most likely won't be worth it, but it's still an option.
halcy wrote on 2021-08-15 22:07:36:
vault a chunk, sell things for gems, don't look at g1s, be picky in the scrying workshop

the important steps are 3 and 4 I think
This. I sell familiars required for den slot tasks super cheap (like, 3 gems a pop), then I vault them because I know there are things I'm saving them for, like Breed Change scrolls for projects and more hibernal den slots. I find that it helps a little bit if you have a goal in mind, a reason why you're saving up, otherwise it's even easier to spend them.

Deciding not to surf the AH in search of G1s is also immensely helpful, especially if you're like me and you already have sixty or so projects you still have to finish.
PrismDragonfly wrote on 2021-08-16 02:29:04:
Make sure every dragon in your lair has a familiar, because getting to Awakened is worth it financially. You can make some good treasure and gems that way, and like everyone said, vault it.

If you find you have too much treasure and would prefer gems, you can usually find someone willing to trade treasure to gems or vice versa in the Items For Sale forum.
I can't speak for that last part because I've never tried converting treasure into gems myself, but I can say that reaching Awakened with your familiars can be worth it. This is especially true if you're working to complete a Fiona feat, because you'll get a small number of gems on top of those you could earn from the chests you get just by bonding with your familiars - I believe the cap is six once you reach Awakened with both familiars, and you get six thousand treasure.

Whether or not you decide to keep or sell the chests you earn through bonding with your familiars will be a decision only you can make, and that's something that I've been struggling with myself, but if you can discipline yourself to save twenty or so Gilded Decorative Chests, you can easily earn 100, 200 gems right there. The more chests you save, the more gems you'll earn. Or you can just sell them for gems on the AH, though I'm not sure how lucrative that would be compared to saving them and opening them all at once. That would probably depend on how much you sell them for, and how many you sell.

Edit: Because I just remembered this -

Something else you could do, if you have the time and you don't mind playing the waiting game, is keep your clan energy above 80% for three days straight. You'll get 1 gem per day after that so long as you can keep your clan's energy up, though that's really not as ideal as some of the other suggestions listed here. This is what I did (unwittingly) when I first started playing the game, and I had like, 300+ gems that I didn't know what to do with because I'd just been accumulating them with no goal in mind, nothing I really wanted to spend them on until I started messing around in the Dressing Room.

Again, it's definitely not as quick as some of the other suggestions, and the potential cost of keeping your clan well-fed most likely won't be worth it, but it's still an option.
tumblr_pb04puzMLY1wvvm88o3_100.png
she/they | fr+3
sales | avatar
Vault any gems you get.
Try to be active at the start of every event, many things that are commonplace later sell for quite a few gems early on.
Hold on to a few spares of each festival familiar. They go for a bit the older they get.
When there are dom battles level some unwanted dragons and sell them for gems. I'm not a big time player but I made a couple hundred gems in this last battle.
When you get high enough in Baldwin see which familiars or genes for more and make them to sell.

Vault any gems you get.
Try to be active at the start of every event, many things that are commonplace later sell for quite a few gems early on.
Hold on to a few spares of each festival familiar. They go for a bit the older they get.
When there are dom battles level some unwanted dragons and sell them for gems. I'm not a big time player but I made a couple hundred gems in this last battle.
When you get high enough in Baldwin see which familiars or genes for more and make them to sell.

tumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o3_r1_400.gif
I just always put my gems into the vault. And then I be very stingy.
I just always put my gems into the vault. And then I be very stingy.
TqnrXGL.png o hatchery
o spotlight
o BTV Veils
o subspecies
o kennel club
o lore: clan saga
Vault and adblock the art sales boards. It doesn't stop me from accessing them through forum history, but...it sort of does! Just ignore the fact I've ordered some art recently...

I'm also keeping AH profits unclaimed for a while to treat it as a savings account. If all of my profits are in there, then I can't spend them.
Vault and adblock the art sales boards. It doesn't stop me from accessing them through forum history, but...it sort of does! Just ignore the fact I've ordered some art recently...

I'm also keeping AH profits unclaimed for a while to treat it as a savings account. If all of my profits are in there, then I can't spend them.
fo11Vhp.png
[quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-08-16 09:18:19" ] I'm also keeping AH profits unclaimed for a while to treat it as a savings account. If all of my profits are in there, then I can't spend them. [/quote] I've considered doing this myself. Do the funds disappear, once the sale's been removed from your activity ledger?
Naeryl wrote on 2021-08-16 09:18:19:
I've considered doing this myself. Do the funds disappear, once the sale's been removed from your activity ledger?
tumblr_pb04puzMLY1wvvm88o3_100.png
she/they | fr+3
sales | avatar
Stop going into the Items for Sale forums, and dear lord don't look at UMAs
Stop going into the Items for Sale forums, and dear lord don't look at UMAs
nTa2yPT.png
I pretend I'm saving up for an imp scroll. That way every time I put gems in the vault it feels like I'm working towards a goal. I also set a number of gems that always must be in my vault. I cannot pass below that number, no matter what.
I pretend I'm saving up for an imp scroll. That way every time I put gems in the vault it feels like I'm working towards a goal. I also set a number of gems that always must be in my vault. I cannot pass below that number, no matter what.
Y02PS6v.png
[quote name="CrashingKittens" date="2021-08-15 21:54:11" ] i just put them in my vault bc i’ll forget they’re there and won’t feel tempted tp spend them [/quote] Exactly that, i once found 500g on accident years after i put them in =D
CrashingKittens wrote on 2021-08-15 21:54:11:
i just put them in my vault bc i’ll forget they’re there and won’t feel tempted tp spend them

Exactly that, i once found 500g on accident years after i put them in =D
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

[quote name="Sathona" date="2021-08-16 09:36:21" ] [quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-08-16 09:18:19" ] I'm also keeping AH profits unclaimed for a while to treat it as a savings account. If all of my profits are in there, then I can't spend them. [/quote] I've considered doing this myself. Do the funds disappear, once the sale's been removed from your activity ledger? [/quote] I'm not sure, but I assume not since there isn't the 14 day warning unlike on the Expired and Recent History page! I also assume not since that would be really rude to people who suddenly go on hiatuses; if they make listings before they leave and they sell while they're gone, those sales should still be there when they come back.
Sathona wrote on 2021-08-16 09:36:21:
Naeryl wrote on 2021-08-16 09:18:19:
I've considered doing this myself. Do the funds disappear, once the sale's been removed from your activity ledger?
I'm not sure, but I assume not since there isn't the 14 day warning unlike on the Expired and Recent History page!

I also assume not since that would be really rude to people who suddenly go on hiatuses; if they make listings before they leave and they sell while they're gone, those sales should still be there when they come back.
fo11Vhp.png
1 2 3 4