Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gem Saving Tips?
1 2 3 4
To all of you who save up so many gems, it makes my brain explode - how do you do it? I'm relatively good at saving up my treasure because there's the Coli and Fairgrounds or selling cheap stuff straight out of the hoard, but how do you save up copious amounts of gems? What are your tricks and is there a popular gem market for specific things?
To all of you who save up so many gems, it makes my brain explode - how do you do it? I'm relatively good at saving up my treasure because there's the Coli and Fairgrounds or selling cheap stuff straight out of the hoard, but how do you save up copious amounts of gems? What are your tricks and is there a popular gem market for specific things?
oy11GHf.png tumblr_inline_ny7iugii4Q1qmzhvw_540.png
Wishlist | Lore Shop
i just put them in my vault bc i’ll forget they’re there and won’t feel tempted tp spend them
i just put them in my vault bc i’ll forget they’re there and won’t feel tempted tp spend them
tumblr_inline_oopznbhmvJ1u5ynwc_540.pngvee | it/its | +3 FR time | PWYW arttumblr_inline_oopznbhmvJ1u5ynwc_540.png
CDEDBE49-F090-441-B-9239-31-F580-D3992-B.png
p3Lr8aR.pngACOZFAh.pngrQfqxOq.png
1YB0OjO.pngrI18gRz.png7Iu4Ec0.png
vault everything. it's a few clicks too far away to bother with pulling things out of the vault so you end up with a stockpile if you put your gems away as soon as you get 'em

i personally sell chests for my gems atm since i don't really have anything i NEED to get from them anymore. it's been really paying off
vault everything. it's a few clicks too far away to bother with pulling things out of the vault so you end up with a stockpile if you put your gems away as soon as you get 'em

i personally sell chests for my gems atm since i don't really have anything i NEED to get from them anymore. it's been really paying off
Coastline-Sawbeak.png 5OZS7SI.png
bYt72YT.png
LRdLP2V.png
JvUa9ma.png
oouioVf.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
11efmKl.png
vault a chunk, sell things for gems, don't look at g1s, be picky in the scrying workshop

the important steps are 3 and 4 I think
vault a chunk, sell things for gems, don't look at g1s, be picky in the scrying workshop

the important steps are 3 and 4 I think
30286044_7AffP3W60irfkEb.pngjt3PpxV.png
As soon as I reach a certain threshold I become so paranoid about never having this many gems again and simply do not spend them, meaning I keep getting more <3
As soon as I reach a certain threshold I become so paranoid about never having this many gems again and simply do not spend them, meaning I keep getting more <3
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1) Vault your gems as soon as you get them.

2) When you're buying stuff off the AH, ONLY use treasure. Don't buy anything for gems unless the treasure value is significantly more expensive.

3) Baldwin is your best friend! Once you start reaching a decent level some of the items you make can go for quite a lot of gems. And even the common transmutation materials can turn a big profit if you've got enough of them.
1) Vault your gems as soon as you get them.

2) When you're buying stuff off the AH, ONLY use treasure. Don't buy anything for gems unless the treasure value is significantly more expensive.

3) Baldwin is your best friend! Once you start reaching a decent level some of the items you make can go for quite a lot of gems. And even the common transmutation materials can turn a big profit if you've got enough of them.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
1. Always buy with treasure, always sell for gems - especially the small stuff. You don't get a lot of gems for food stacks or fodder hatchlings or rusted treasure chests, but it mounts up.

2. I vault my gems as soon as I have 1k gems on hand.
1. Always buy with treasure, always sell for gems - especially the small stuff. You don't get a lot of gems for food stacks or fodder hatchlings or rusted treasure chests, but it mounts up.

2. I vault my gems as soon as I have 1k gems on hand.
I vault my gems and keep my "pocket" at 50g. That way if I want to make a purchase over 50g, getting the gems out of my vault gives me time to think about if I reeeeeally need it.

And if I run out of gems this way, I earn them back instead of getting more out of the vault.
I vault my gems and keep my "pocket" at 50g. That way if I want to make a purchase over 50g, getting the gems out of my vault gives me time to think about if I reeeeeally need it.

And if I run out of gems this way, I earn them back instead of getting more out of the vault.
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif kipper
he/they • fr+8
___
lore shop (closed until may)
pfp dragon
about me
__HLmowjw.png
I keep an eye on the Items for Sale forum and buy gems with treasure whenever I see a good price, then vault them. It helps me stress a lot less about using my gems or selling for treasure since I know I can usually convert them back and forth as needed.
I keep an eye on the Items for Sale forum and buy gems with treasure whenever I see a good price, then vault them. It helps me stress a lot less about using my gems or selling for treasure since I know I can usually convert them back and forth as needed.
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
shove it in the vault.

never think about it again

...profit???????????
shove it in the vault.

never think about it again

...profit???????????
J6W6Pav.png TRIX
They/Them
FR + 2

7A9FlOQ.gif tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif Please let me know if anything on my account / forum posts is inaccessible! Accessibility is my highest priority.
1 2 3 4