Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a Nest's Element
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
I would really love for it to be a Baldwin brew to change a nest element for one hatching. It would be so, SO good!
I would really love for it to be a Baldwin brew to change a nest element for one hatching. It would be so, SO good!
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Supporting this idea in any ways shape and/or form
Supporting this idea in any ways shape and/or form
I support an official way to rent a nest of a different element.
I support an official way to rent a nest of a different element.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
Support for an official way to change the element of a nest! It could be a gem item, something like "Scroll of Elemental Affinity" which you could use on a nest, or maybe even an existing dragon...?
Support for an official way to change the element of a nest! It could be a gem item, something like "Scroll of Elemental Affinity" which you could use on a nest, or maybe even an existing dragon...?
I abhorrently against having an official nest renting service where I have to pay/rely on another player. If it is a nest rental where I pay a NPC to rent one of their nests then I'm good.

My preferred method would be a treasure mp item that changes the element for a nest for a limited time. That way you are still limited to the same limit on nests and your nest will always return to your home flight's element. Your flight should mean something but not that you are locked out of ever hatching a dragon of another element.
I abhorrently against having an official nest renting service where I have to pay/rely on another player. If it is a nest rental where I pay a NPC to rent one of their nests then I'm good.

My preferred method would be a treasure mp item that changes the element for a nest for a limited time. That way you are still limited to the same limit on nests and your nest will always return to your home flight's element. Your flight should mean something but not that you are locked out of ever hatching a dragon of another element.
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
Support!

To those who oppose this because of lore reasons:

Dragons can currently do Gathering in every elemental region and fight monsters in different parts of the Sornieth in the Coliseum. I don't think it's much of a stretch to be able to nest in different places too?
Support!

To those who oppose this because of lore reasons:

Dragons can currently do Gathering in every elemental region and fight monsters in different parts of the Sornieth in the Coliseum. I don't think it's much of a stretch to be able to nest in different places too?
8wF4Uc8.png
[quote name="Gryphire" date="2021-08-16 18:23:18" ] I abhorrently against having an official nest renting service where I have to pay/rely on another player. If it is a nest rental where I pay a NPC to rent one of their nests then I'm good. My preferred method would be a treasure mp item that changes the element for a nest for a limited time. That way you are still limited to the same limit on nests and your nest will always return to your home flight's element. Your flight should mean something but not that you are locked out of ever hatching a dragon of another element. [/quote] I like this
Gryphire wrote on 2021-08-16 18:23:18:

I like this

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I STRONGLY support an idea like this, especially since nest rentals aren't officially sponsored by the game itself. given the fact that we've gotten so many other little-big quality of life changes (Silhouette scrolls, limited exalt take-backsies, eye vials) I do believe that at some point we'll see something like this in the future. (or at least an official nest-renting mechanic) I do think it should be more expensive than 70 gems, maybe closer in price to Boons? I do also love the idea of having it be either a Swipp or Baldwin item; I've long stood by the idea that the little fertility statues you get from gathering should be used somehow for a nesting mechanic. maybe combine them with runestones to give THOSE some functionality/value also? [center][item=Clay Fertility Statue] [item=Stone Fertility Statue] [item=Light Runestone] [item=Lightning Runestone] [item=Fire Runestone] [item=Arcane Runestone] [item=Plague Runestone] [item=Earth Runestone] [item=ice Runestone] [item=Shadow Runestone] [item=Wind Runestone] [item=Water Runestone] [item=Nature Runestone][/center] maybe the final items could be called Fertility Statues too? with different elemental adjectives similar to holiday apparel? (Shining Fertility Statue, Crackling Fertility Statue, Burning Fertility Statue, etc) [b]EDIT[/b] I think a good way for this to work would be that using one of these items takes up an egg slot; this means that you'd be unable to get a five-egg nest when using a "Fertility Statue" (to use my own idea), with the maximum amount of eggs being four. upon hatching an augmented nest, the Fertility Statue will be used up and the nest will return to its original element. flavor wise, it could be something like: [quote]With a flicker, your [b]Shining Fertility Statue[/b] crumbles into dust, its magical energies spent. Your nest returns to normal.[/quote] of course it could change depending on the element of the statue.
I STRONGLY support an idea like this, especially since nest rentals aren't officially sponsored by the game itself.
given the fact that we've gotten so many other little-big quality of life changes (Silhouette scrolls, limited exalt take-backsies, eye vials) I do believe that at some point we'll see something like this in the future. (or at least an official nest-renting mechanic)

I do think it should be more expensive than 70 gems, maybe closer in price to Boons? I do also love the idea of having it be either a Swipp or Baldwin item; I've long stood by the idea that the little fertility statues you get from gathering should be used somehow for a nesting mechanic. maybe combine them with runestones to give THOSE some functionality/value also?
Clay Fertility Statue Stone Fertility Statue
Light Runestone Lightning Runestone Fire Runestone Arcane Runestone
Plague Runestone Earth Runestone Ice Runestone Shadow Runestone
Wind Runestone Water Runestone Nature Runestone
maybe the final items could be called Fertility Statues too? with different elemental adjectives similar to holiday apparel? (Shining Fertility Statue, Crackling Fertility Statue, Burning Fertility Statue, etc)

EDIT
I think a good way for this to work would be that using one of these items takes up an egg slot; this means that you'd be unable to get a five-egg nest when using a "Fertility Statue" (to use my own idea), with the maximum amount of eggs being four.
upon hatching an augmented nest, the Fertility Statue will be used up and the nest will return to its original element. flavor wise, it could be something like:
Quote:
With a flicker, your Shining Fertility Statue crumbles into dust, its magical energies spent. Your nest returns to normal.
of course it could change depending on the element of the statue.
they/them, FR Time +3
lightning_1.png Abandoned Your Post
You weren't that good of a security guard, anyway. You'll miss the donuts in the breakroom, though...
[quote name="Kismet" date="2021-08-19 06:02:23" ] I do think it should be more expensive than 70 gems, maybe closer in price to Boons? I do also love the idea of having it be either a Swipp or Baldwin item; I've long stood by the idea that the little fertility statues you get from gathering should be used somehow for a nesting mechanic. maybe combine them with runestones to give THOSE some functionality/value also? [/quote] I wish I could get behind that idea, I think I would have before scenes came out, but the issue with using runestones is that the price of some is inflated over the price of others - I don't think someone should have to pay 100g extra (Or miss out on what is arguably the best scene) for a water nest specifically And if you make it an item, it has to be easy enough to get that people won't just use rentals anyway
Kismet wrote on 2021-08-19 06:02:23:
I do think it should be more expensive than 70 gems, maybe closer in price to Boons? I do also love the idea of having it be either a Swipp or Baldwin item; I've long stood by the idea that the little fertility statues you get from gathering should be used somehow for a nesting mechanic. maybe combine them with runestones to give THOSE some functionality/value also?

I wish I could get behind that idea, I think I would have before scenes came out, but the issue with using runestones is that the price of some is inflated over the price of others - I don't think someone should have to pay 100g extra (Or miss out on what is arguably the best scene) for a water nest specifically

And if you make it an item, it has to be easy enough to get that people won't just use rentals anyway
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
@SpookyPuptarts
ah, I wasn't aware that Runestones were part of a scene trade, yeah maybe don't use those then.
yeah, it should be something with components that aren't TOO hard to get a hold of. I don't know what level Baldwin brew it should be, because Swipp just doesn't feel.... I dunno, right for this kind of thing. with Baldwin I feel like it'd be better because it's guaranteed to be there when you meet the requirements (right brewing level, have the right components, etc.) and you don't have to wait around for Swipp to give you the trade (does Swipp follow a pattern? or is it random? I haven't looked into that I admit).

an alternate solution to making it always available would ofc be to make it a gem item, which I don't think would necessarily be a bad thing. Silhouette scrolls, boons, plenty of things are gem marketplace and everyone gets by just fine with it.
@SpookyPuptarts
ah, I wasn't aware that Runestones were part of a scene trade, yeah maybe don't use those then.
yeah, it should be something with components that aren't TOO hard to get a hold of. I don't know what level Baldwin brew it should be, because Swipp just doesn't feel.... I dunno, right for this kind of thing. with Baldwin I feel like it'd be better because it's guaranteed to be there when you meet the requirements (right brewing level, have the right components, etc.) and you don't have to wait around for Swipp to give you the trade (does Swipp follow a pattern? or is it random? I haven't looked into that I admit).

an alternate solution to making it always available would ofc be to make it a gem item, which I don't think would necessarily be a bad thing. Silhouette scrolls, boons, plenty of things are gem marketplace and everyone gets by just fine with it.
they/them, FR Time +3
lightning_1.png Abandoned Your Post
You weren't that good of a security guard, anyway. You'll miss the donuts in the breakroom, though...
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28