Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 376 377 378 379 380 ... 650 651
[quote name="dmoney" date="2021-07-24 20:56:35" ] [quote name="StarrberryPills" date="2021-07-24 14:15:30" ] ... that fem enbies can't be nblm ...[/quote] Oh my god, this bothers me so much! I wanted to interact with nblm communities on tumblr a while ago (I was new to queer communities, I thought it would be fun to check them out...) but they were just so masc-centered. It was extremely obvious that every post was targeted at masculine non-binary people and men (almost every post was tagged both nblm and mlm, so like, obviously conflating the two). It really annoys me. I just stick with wlm stuff since I feel more comfortable with it (gender is extremely confusing to me, but I'm fem-leaning and genderqueer, so I feel more at home in nblw/wlw/wlm communities). [/quote] @dmoney i've never interacted with wlm, though idk if i would feel more welcome there because i'm nonbinary. if only there was a safe space that is open to all nblm and not super masc focused because it really does make me feel left out and excluded edit: forgot ping. it's 1am here sorry dhbghfdjg
dmoney wrote on 2021-07-24 20:56:35:
StarrberryPills wrote on 2021-07-24 14:15:30:
... that fem enbies can't be nblm ...

Oh my god, this bothers me so much! I wanted to interact with nblm communities on tumblr a while ago (I was new to queer communities, I thought it would be fun to check them out...) but they were just so masc-centered. It was extremely obvious that every post was targeted at masculine non-binary people and men (almost every post was tagged both nblm and mlm, so like, obviously conflating the two).

It really annoys me. I just stick with wlm stuff since I feel more comfortable with it (gender is extremely confusing to me, but I'm fem-leaning and genderqueer, so I feel more at home in nblw/wlw/wlm communities).
@dmoney
i've never interacted with wlm, though idk if i would feel more welcome there because i'm nonbinary. if only there was a safe space that is open to all nblm and not super masc focused because it really does make me feel left out and excluded

edit: forgot ping. it's 1am here sorry dhbghfdjg
PCyLkux.png
BZ6Kt6M.pngsopvTVM.pngPJ4wrf6.png
H0t7Ypl.pngbkLzuAR.pngAZgHtlu.png
wAfJ7Bn.png0XHtpWy.pngbYt72YT.png
qjxrAwx.pngoNrZjs5.pngmlHpBMC.png
butterflygeneeggrose.png Jd88XNq.png
YMPbu9R.png
5hF3FGk.png
urgh im remembering that biphobia exists and i am Not feeling well

i feel sad and lonely and anxious abt my bisexuality like every week so it’s back for another round… any other bisexuals ever feel down abt their identity? how do you deal w it?

i feel sad and lonely and anxious abt my bisexuality like every week so it’s back for another round… any other bisexuals ever feel down abt their identity? how do you deal w it?
zbWELyv.png
tuDXykQ.png
TTd5qF8.png
wmaQkkP.png
sapphire/jekyll
he/she
fr time+3
commissions
[quote name="bookperson" date="2021-07-24 21:18:10" ] I'm having some good old gender confusion, could I have some help? Essentially, what I'm wondering, is how exactly did you guys realize you were [insert gender]? Like for you was it like a feeling, and how what does it really feel like to be a gender? Of course only answer if you're comfortable! [/quote] @bookperson would 100% rec you to perhaps look into terms like agender, quoi/wtfgender, gendervoid, neutrois and others if you feel like you either cant place/describe your gender or dont understand what it feels like to experience gender (and similar feelings!) but no pressure!!! as for figuring out gender - i just started using whatever labels i felt described me or fit my experiences, and being completely fine if those labels changed, or i added new ones or dropped them if i felt like i found a better one or that some didn't apply anymore. plenty of people know theyre ___ and find a term for it later, but there's also plenty who have zero idea and just vibe, and i find im not entirely sure but i have fun with labels and experience experimentation positively ^v^ it can help to remember that pronouns, presentation and gender are separate and 100% do not have to line up with each other, imo, nor do they need to be static :3
bookperson wrote on 2021-07-24 21:18:10:
I'm having some good old gender confusion, could I have some help? Essentially, what I'm wondering, is how exactly did you guys realize you were [insert gender]? Like for you was it like a feeling, and how what does it really feel like to be a gender? Of course only answer if you're comfortable!
@bookperson
would 100% rec you to perhaps look into terms like agender, quoi/wtfgender, gendervoid, neutrois and others if you feel like you either cant place/describe your gender or dont understand what it feels like to experience gender (and similar feelings!) but no pressure!!!
as for figuring out gender - i just started using whatever labels i felt described me or fit my experiences, and being completely fine if those labels changed, or i added new ones or dropped them if i felt like i found a better one or that some didn't apply anymore.
plenty of people know theyre ___ and find a term for it later, but there's also plenty who have zero idea and just vibe, and i find im not entirely sure but i have fun with labels and experience experimentation positively ^v^
it can help to remember that pronouns, presentation and gender are separate and 100% do not have to line up with each other, imo, nor do they need to be static :3
[quote name="capybaras" date="2021-07-25 01:52:03" ] urgh im remembering that biphobia exists and i am Not feeling well i feel sad and lonely and anxious abt my bisexuality like every week so it’s back for another round… any other bisexuals ever feel down abt their identity? how do you deal w it? [/quote] @capybaras im sorry you feel that way and hope the feeling eases up soon - the one thing i can think of really is that i find people with the same orientation/identity and/or positive content, and just surround yourself with it and ppl who understand. there's hate out there for sure, but there's also plenty of people just like you, and it can help to remind yourself that there's 'for BIs and by BIs' content out there :3
capybaras wrote on 2021-07-25 01:52:03:
@capybaras
im sorry you feel that way and hope the feeling eases up soon - the one thing i can think of really is that i find people with the same orientation/identity and/or positive content, and just surround yourself with it and ppl who understand. there's hate out there for sure, but there's also plenty of people just like you, and it can help to remind yourself that there's 'for BIs and by BIs' content out there :3
Hey there. I've somewhat recently figured out that I'm nonbinary, and I go by they/them pronouns and am trying out he/him as well! I'm also thinking about maybe going by another name.

I get called ma'am, miss, lady, etc., at my job every day and I think this was one of the main factors that kickstarted me putting more thought into my gender. I realized that I don't like being called by those titles. When I get called "miss" I end up thinking about it long after the interaction and come away from it feeling very down, or negative, I don't know how to phrase it. When someone uses she/her pronouns for me, all I can think about is how much it doesn't fit or feel right for me personally to be called that. With they/them, it feels like it clicks perfectly, like "yes, this is it! This is me!"

I've tried coming out to my mom but I don't think she takes me seriously and still calls me she/her. Can't tell my dad because he's not cool with it, but my siblings have been supportive of me, and I'm very thankful for them.
Hey there. I've somewhat recently figured out that I'm nonbinary, and I go by they/them pronouns and am trying out he/him as well! I'm also thinking about maybe going by another name.

I get called ma'am, miss, lady, etc., at my job every day and I think this was one of the main factors that kickstarted me putting more thought into my gender. I realized that I don't like being called by those titles. When I get called "miss" I end up thinking about it long after the interaction and come away from it feeling very down, or negative, I don't know how to phrase it. When someone uses she/her pronouns for me, all I can think about is how much it doesn't fit or feel right for me personally to be called that. With they/them, it feels like it clicks perfectly, like "yes, this is it! This is me!"

I've tried coming out to my mom but I don't think she takes me seriously and still calls me she/her. Can't tell my dad because he's not cool with it, but my siblings have been supportive of me, and I'm very thankful for them.
FTuaU7Y.png
Ay! I'm a genderfluid polyamourous pansexual, i just joined FR and i'm looking to make some queer friends :) If you're a gay gamer ping me!
Ay! I'm a genderfluid polyamourous pansexual, i just joined FR and i'm looking to make some queer friends :) If you're a gay gamer ping me!
[quote name="bookperson" date="2021-07-24 21:18:10" ] I'm having some good old gender confusion, could I have some help? Essentially, what I'm wondering, is how exactly did you guys realize you were [insert gender]? Like for you was it like a feeling, and how what does it really feel like to be a gender? Of course only answer if you're comfortable! [/quote] Hey! I'm a 22 year old who is STILL struggling with my gender identity. Two things that helped me realize i wasn't CIS are gender euphoria and gender dysphoria. You can have both, one or the other, or neither, and still be trans though. Everyone has a different experience and you won't truly know until you experiment, just remember to take things at your own pace, and that theres never any shame in changing your mind. Our personal identities will grow as we age, and the labels are only there to give us a vocabulary to express ourselves and to connect to like minded communities, but gender is a beautiful and elaborate spectrum and no one can be simplified or neatly organized. I hope this helps!!
bookperson wrote on 2021-07-24 21:18:10:
I'm having some good old gender confusion, could I have some help? Essentially, what I'm wondering, is how exactly did you guys realize you were [insert gender]? Like for you was it like a feeling, and how what does it really feel like to be a gender? Of course only answer if you're comfortable!

Hey! I'm a 22 year old who is STILL struggling with my gender identity. Two things that helped me realize i wasn't CIS are gender euphoria and gender dysphoria. You can have both, one or the other, or neither, and still be trans though. Everyone has a different experience and you won't truly know until you experiment, just remember to take things at your own pace, and that theres never any shame in changing your mind. Our personal identities will grow as we age, and the labels are only there to give us a vocabulary to express ourselves and to connect to like minded communities, but gender is a beautiful and elaborate spectrum and no one can be simplified or neatly organized. I hope this helps!!
[quote name="@pxl8td" date="2021-07-25 14:30:56" ] Ay! I'm a genderfluid polyamourous pansexual, i just joined FR and i'm looking to make some queer friends :) If you're a gay gamer ping me! [/quote] Yo, welcome to FR! What games do you play?
@pxl8td wrote on 2021-07-25 14:30:56:
Yo, welcome to FR! What games do you play?
HkhtXgT.png
uaNc4Ph.png
1DPzYFq.png
YMPbu9R.png
__ __ iuEBSJ3.png
2tEkl13.png
ZxAR91S.png
FS1a8Lg.png
[quote name="Pesky" date="2021-07-25 14:43:41" ] [quote name="@pxl8td" date="2021-07-25 14:30:56" ] Ay! I'm a genderfluid polyamourous pansexual, i just joined FR and i'm looking to make some queer friends :) If you're a gay gamer ping me! [/quote] Yo, welcome to FR! What games do you play? [/quote] Thank you! I play a bit of everything, minus multiplayer FPS. Right now I'm hooked Hollowknight and a free to play fighting game called brawlhalla. Hby?
Pesky wrote on 2021-07-25 14:43:41:

Thank you! I play a bit of everything, minus multiplayer FPS. Right now I'm hooked Hollowknight and a free to play fighting game called brawlhalla. Hby?
[quote name="pxl8td" date="2021-07-25 14:49:24" ] [quote name="Pesky" date="2021-07-25 14:43:41" ] [quote name="@pxl8td" date="2021-07-25 14:30:56" ] Ay! I'm a genderfluid polyamourous pansexual, i just joined FR and i'm looking to make some queer friends :) If you're a gay gamer ping me! [/quote] Yo, welcome to FR! What games do you play? [/quote] Thank you! I play a bit of everything, minus multiplayer FPS. Right now I'm hooked Hollowknight and a free to play fighting game called brawlhalla. Hby? [/quote] Ayyy Hollowknight! I play mostly survival games like Raft or The Isle, but I'm also a bit of everything kind of guy.
pxl8td wrote on 2021-07-25 14:49:24:
Pesky wrote on 2021-07-25 14:43:41:

Thank you! I play a bit of everything, minus multiplayer FPS. Right now I'm hooked Hollowknight and a free to play fighting game called brawlhalla. Hby?
Ayyy Hollowknight! I play mostly survival games like Raft or The Isle, but I'm also a bit of everything kind of guy.
HkhtXgT.png
uaNc4Ph.png
1DPzYFq.png
YMPbu9R.png
__ __ iuEBSJ3.png
2tEkl13.png
ZxAR91S.png
FS1a8Lg.png
1 2 ... 376 377 378 379 380 ... 650 651