Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Possible Bug? Generation Breeding Limits
Not sure if this is a bug or not. I wanted to check exactly what 'within five generations' meant because I couldn't parse it (I'm bad with phrases like that) so I checked some random dragons. I went up their family tree and checked who could breed with who.

Except the Assay Bloodlines tool said that a dragon could successfully mate with her great-grandson. And no matter how it's counted, that's not five.

So I'm confused now. The dragon IDs were 1737 and 1017772, if anyone wants to try and replicate it.

I'm subscribed to the threat, so no need to ping.
Not sure if this is a bug or not. I wanted to check exactly what 'within five generations' meant because I couldn't parse it (I'm bad with phrases like that) so I checked some random dragons. I went up their family tree and checked who could breed with who.

Except the Assay Bloodlines tool said that a dragon could successfully mate with her great-grandson. And no matter how it's counted, that's not five.

So I'm confused now. The dragon IDs were 1737 and 1017772, if anyone wants to try and replicate it.

I'm subscribed to the threat, so no need to ping.
pr7Tort.pngweasel-s-light-sprite.png
That sounds like a bug, and should be reported in Bug Reports! I saw the same thing when I put them together.
That sounds like a bug, and should be reported in Bug Reports! I saw the same thing when I put them together.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
@Jhortanas Oh good, confirmation I'm not losing it. Reposted in the Bug Report Forum.
@Jhortanas Oh good, confirmation I'm not losing it. Reposted in the Bug Report Forum.
I can’t seem to find 1017772 at all.
I can’t seem to find 1017772 at all.
bYt72YT.png
DisQoWb.png
QUIpVFE.png
vZmPWxA.png
pronouns They/Them
sorry if I'm hard to understand.
Please let me know if I misspelled something.
0zVuogN.png
@EnderDragon36 He's right here.

Incidentally, I love Minecraft! Your username is great. ^_^
@EnderDragon36 He's right here.

Incidentally, I love Minecraft! Your username is great. ^_^
Thank you! Solisira is a very pretty dragon!
Thank you! Solisira is a very pretty dragon!
bYt72YT.png
DisQoWb.png
QUIpVFE.png
vZmPWxA.png
pronouns They/Them
sorry if I'm hard to understand.
Please let me know if I misspelled something.
0zVuogN.png
This does indeed look to be a bug! Such a bug isn't unheard of, hence there are 'infertile' dragons on the site that are too closely related to themselves to breed. (Though I believe staff fixed it so now it catches such a pairing at the nesting grounds even if assay bloodlines says they can breed.)

Here's an example of an unglitched lineage from one of my own dragons:

Hail > Deidre > Fane > Pippin > Dream

Hail and Dream could breed, but Hail and Pippin could not. Within 5 generations essentially means that when you go through the lineage, if the dragon is 5 away from another, they can breed. E.g. if we think of Hail as 1, that makes Dream 5.

Meanwhile here's Emryss' lineage:

Emryss > Azoria > Sapphire > Asha

Hence Emryss and Asha would not be able to breed if you tried to put them on a nest, as Asha is within the 5 nearest generations.
This does indeed look to be a bug! Such a bug isn't unheard of, hence there are 'infertile' dragons on the site that are too closely related to themselves to breed. (Though I believe staff fixed it so now it catches such a pairing at the nesting grounds even if assay bloodlines says they can breed.)

Here's an example of an unglitched lineage from one of my own dragons:

Hail > Deidre > Fane > Pippin > Dream

Hail and Dream could breed, but Hail and Pippin could not. Within 5 generations essentially means that when you go through the lineage, if the dragon is 5 away from another, they can breed. E.g. if we think of Hail as 1, that makes Dream 5.

Meanwhile here's Emryss' lineage:

Emryss > Azoria > Sapphire > Asha

Hence Emryss and Asha would not be able to breed if you tried to put them on a nest, as Asha is within the 5 nearest generations.
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
@EnderDragon36 Israphel is lovely as well!

@Allstohel Thanks for the visual! Now off to plan breeding projects. ^_^
@EnderDragon36 Israphel is lovely as well!

@Allstohel Thanks for the visual! Now off to plan breeding projects. ^_^