Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 155 156 157 158 159 ... 199 200
i actually liked the random eye system better... it was equal for all members, no matter how much money they can spend on the game, or how long they could play.

but i do like the idea of clanbound items!!!
i actually liked the random eye system better... it was equal for all members, no matter how much money they can spend on the game, or how long they could play.

but i do like the idea of clanbound items!!!
6cee72068ae5f0b042d4c6a512db1cc6b0b13aad.gif5904557355c5eb273cab92b7a373e5248510ad4e.gif77e0932a91dd8e0dacb832b638d7459d4175c2a2.pnga99b8aaacb61f6263650014bf256c824a647576c.png5afc6861a0d673495f4cee79b56956cb31f91e78.gif
[quote name="StygianInk" date="2021-05-03 15:18:15" ] With the other updates, maybe you guys should consider fixing the Multigaze on Veilpsuns with Diaphanous? The eyes go over the fins when I think they should be underneath them. It doesn't look very good... [/quote] It's like this in all ancient breeds and line breaking terts. they have said they currently cannot fix it because it is just how their program layers the eyes and genes.
StygianInk wrote on 2021-05-03 15:18:15:
With the other updates, maybe you guys should consider fixing the Multigaze on Veilpsuns with Diaphanous? The eyes go over the fins when I think they should be underneath them. It doesn't look very good...
It's like this in all ancient breeds and line breaking terts. they have said they currently cannot fix it because it is just how their program layers the eyes and genes.
This is an awesome update. I get being disappointed about the value of things you've hoarded being knocked down, but maybe stop and think that this benefits everyone in the long run? I really cannot believe there's so much outrage about this. But some people are never happy, lol.
This is an awesome update. I get being disappointed about the value of things you've hoarded being knocked down, but maybe stop and think that this benefits everyone in the long run? I really cannot believe there's so much outrage about this. But some people are never happy, lol.
PJb908Z.png
I'm bittersweet about this update.

I love that I can now put any eye type I want on my dragons, but at the same time this 100% takes away the specialness about Primal. Primal is FAR TOO CHEAP.

It really needs to be gem and like, 2000g like Wildclaw and Coatl are.

Keep Primal special!

There's no joy in hatching nests/eggs, now to see if you got a rare eye. You can just slap a cheap vial on it to make it primal. :(

I love that I can now put any eye type I want on my dragons, but at the same time this 100% takes away the specialness about Primal. Primal is FAR TOO CHEAP.

Keep Primal special!

There's no joy in hatching nests/eggs, now to see if you got a rare eye. You can just slap a cheap vial on it to make it primal. :(
WpjbI2U.gif
I feel like this would be more exciting if eyes were more visible on adult dragons. I don't think there's any reasonable way to increase their size without making it look funny, but you get what I mean.
I feel like this would be more exciting if eyes were more visible on adult dragons. I don't think there's any reasonable way to increase their size without making it look funny, but you get what I mean.
People saying 500kt is too cheap don't take casual players and minors who can't spend real life money in the site into consideration. Today i have an art shop and can ocasionally purchase a little bit of gems, but for players who rely only on in-game mechanics (like breeding, playing games, etc) it might take a really long time to complete a project that has special eyes, even with vials.

I'm sorry for the more rich players who lost the value of their dragons, but also i'm happy that minors, casual players, new players and just anyone who doesn't have a billion gems can have fun now
People saying 500kt is too cheap don't take casual players and minors who can't spend real life money in the site into consideration. Today i have an art shop and can ocasionally purchase a little bit of gems, but for players who rely only on in-game mechanics (like breeding, playing games, etc) it might take a really long time to complete a project that has special eyes, even with vials.

I'm sorry for the more rich players who lost the value of their dragons, but also i'm happy that minors, casual players, new players and just anyone who doesn't have a billion gems can have fun now
beastclantop.png
[quote name="@AbsoluteZeroK" date="2021-05-03 15:25:25" ] I'm bittersweet about this update. I love that I can now put any eye type I want on my dragons, but at the same time this 100% takes away the specialness about Primal. Primal is FAR TOO CHEAP. It really needs to be gem and like, 2000g like Wildclaw and Coatl are. Keep Primal special! There's no joy in hatching nests/eggs, now to see if you got a rare eye. You can just slap a cheap vial on it to make it primal. :( [/quote] Who knows maybe we will get even more new special eyes instead. Who’s to say we won’t get more flight exclusive eye types going forward that also break line art and can subjectivity be far more valuable. There’s so many possibilities for newer and better eye types going forward it’s best not to dwell on primal as it is but instead to look forward to all the cool new ideas staff may give us later on.
@AbsoluteZeroK wrote on 2021-05-03 15:25:25:

Keep Primal special!

Who knows maybe we will get even more new special eyes instead. Who’s to say we won’t get more flight exclusive eye types going forward that also break line art and can subjectivity be far more valuable.

There’s so many possibilities for newer and better eye types going forward it’s best not to dwell on primal as it is but instead to look forward to all the cool new ideas staff may give us later on.
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="Kolob" date="2021-05-03 15:22:31" ] [quote name="ZipZapZoom" date="2021-05-03 15:09:39" ] [quote name="Epsereth" date="2021-05-03 14:56:23" ] [quote name="Bluedragon" date="2021-05-03 14:48:43" ] People spent alot i mean alot, alot real $$ on eye scatter which was big in the day. [/quote] Please believe me when I say I'm not trying to be flip or rude: Nobody needs to spend real money on gems, ever. I don't even remember the last time I spent money on gems because people are always selling them on the forums. If people spent a ton of real world money on currency for a browser game when an alternative exists ... that's honestly not the devs' fault. That's just impatience. [/quote] People spend real money on a game they enjoy to support the game. But if the developers make changes on a semi-regular basis to change basic mechanics of the game and perks of supporting it.... The sense of fun begins to get lost, trust is eroded, and ultimately they stop supporting the game to the hurt of the game. Also, where do you think the gems that are constantly getting sold come from? People who buy, primarily. If the devs change up the game too significantly without clear communicatiom frequently enough, this will be negatively impacted. As for the whole reason of the fallout, many have given plenty of great thoughts already. The conversation has largely been civil and constructive criticism. It would be nice to see some nonpatronizing response from FR team. However, that is not their policy. And so further trust erosion. Long term, the devs are hurting themselves. Players have stopped supporting the site due to updates like this in the past. This will cause less support. Sure, more people will come in, but there is a lot to be said for building a loyal fan base, a concept the team doesn't manage well. [/quote] I think what separates this case from other cases of people splurging IRL money on a petsite is that the money was practically spent all for nothing, because the mechanics got changed from a gambling element to a freeware purchase-based feature overnight. If this had stayed similar to a gambling element with tiny success rates, it would not have been an issue. The fact that this update was delayed or not considered for 3 years also demonstrates that the site had no problem taking advantage of people who were overspending on a hard-to-customize function. I imagine thousands of dollars were obtained by making the eye featured so limited and hard to access. I had always questioned the exteme price tag myself when coming across players with scatter projects. But now that feature has been sharply de-valued (less than $10), I don't know how one can rationalize having forced people to pay hundreds to get that same feature in the past. I'll still say that I support this development and that we now have alternatives to scatter scrolls, but these changes should have been introduced immediately after the scatter vials. Either that or to relatively reflect the prices people were already paying for this feature (but low enough to make it universally accessible). [/quote] Couldn’t have said it better myself
Kolob wrote on 2021-05-03 15:22:31:
ZipZapZoom wrote on 2021-05-03 15:09:39:
Epsereth wrote on 2021-05-03 14:56:23:
Bluedragon wrote on 2021-05-03 14:48:43:
People spent alot i mean alot, alot real $$ on eye scatter which was big in the day.

Please believe me when I say I'm not trying to be flip or rude:

Nobody needs to spend real money on gems, ever. I don't even remember the last time I spent money on gems because people are always selling them on the forums. If people spent a ton of real world money on currency for a browser game when an alternative exists ... that's honestly not the devs' fault. That's just impatience.

People spend real money on a game they enjoy to support the game. But if the developers make changes on a semi-regular basis to change basic mechanics of the game and perks of supporting it.... The sense of fun begins to get lost, trust is eroded, and ultimately they stop supporting the game to the hurt of the game.

Also, where do you think the gems that are constantly getting sold come from? People who buy, primarily. If the devs change up the game too significantly without clear communicatiom frequently enough, this will be negatively impacted.

As for the whole reason of the fallout, many have given plenty of great thoughts already. The conversation has largely been civil and constructive criticism. It would be nice to see some nonpatronizing response from FR team. However, that is not their policy. And so further trust erosion.

Long term, the devs are hurting themselves. Players have stopped supporting the site due to updates like this in the past. This will cause less support. Sure, more people will come in, but there is a lot to be said for building a loyal fan base, a concept the team doesn't manage well.

I think what separates this case from other cases of people splurging IRL money on a petsite is that the money was practically spent all for nothing, because the mechanics got changed from a gambling element to a freeware purchase-based feature overnight. If this had stayed similar to a gambling element with tiny success rates, it would not have been an issue.

The fact that this update was delayed or not considered for 3 years also demonstrates that the site had no problem taking advantage of people who were overspending on a hard-to-customize function. I imagine thousands of dollars were obtained by making the eye featured so limited and hard to access. I had always questioned the exteme price tag myself when coming across players with scatter projects.

But now that feature has been sharply de-valued (less than $10), I don't know how one can rationalize having forced people to pay hundreds to get that same feature in the past.

I'll still say that I support this development and that we now have alternatives to scatter scrolls, but these changes should have been introduced immediately after the scatter vials. Either that or to relatively reflect the prices people were already paying for this feature (but low enough to make it universally accessible).

Couldn’t have said it better myself
Imp Adopt
Dang!! And pastel and bright eyes are such wonderful additions.

That said, I confess, I am genuinely disappointed that this update is also applying to primal eye types, as it was such a meaningful goal for me to obtain a g1 primal with good colors, and now that milestone is no longer like... a perceptible thing.

I notice some users have suggested making a distinction between natural-born vs. vialed dragon eyes, and I think that sounds like a wonderful compromise.
Dang!! And pastel and bright eyes are such wonderful additions.

That said, I confess, I am genuinely disappointed that this update is also applying to primal eye types, as it was such a meaningful goal for me to obtain a g1 primal with good colors, and now that milestone is no longer like... a perceptible thing.

I notice some users have suggested making a distinction between natural-born vs. vialed dragon eyes, and I think that sounds like a wonderful compromise.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
OH MY GOD
I was having a mediocre day but it’s way better now, not sure on my opinions about this yet but I’m excited for something new!
OH MY GOD
I was having a mediocre day but it’s way better now, not sure on my opinions about this yet but I’m excited for something new!
Tmpr1jM.png
>wishlist(wip)hehe>call me Pass :-)
>she/herhehe>FR +0 hehe>Gonna put an art shop here soon
If you’re replying to something I said please ping me! Usually I forget to check back :)
1 2 ... 155 156 157 158 159 ... 199 200