Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 199 200
i can't quite explain how relieved this makes me feel. i have been breeding for a specific project dragon with primal eyes ever since the feature was added, and have never had success. ive gotten so many goats and facets, but never primal. i can finally stop!!![emoji=coatl happy size=2]
i can't quite explain how relieved this makes me feel. i have been breeding for a specific project dragon with primal eyes ever since the feature was added, and have never had success. ive gotten so many goats and facets, but never primal.

i can finally stop!!!
OOOo wAhbnmf.png
lnna8Fr.png
m2WAjLy.png D1hWFFK.png
xMDEzaJ.png
[quote name="Takora" date="2021-05-03 07:36:40" ] Thank you so much for listening to the community devs, even if it took a long time to fix the problem many had (including me) with the introduction of the eye system. There is really no downside on this update, G1 with special eyes will retain their value, dragons born with the special eyes will be affordable alternatives and people who want to create their dream dragon can do that down to the eyes now, even if it is expensive, but FR is a game where you work towards goals. Scattersights will retain their value for they are still retried and people can still try their luck if they want to get a certain eye type. And now old dragons can get the many new eye types that will for sure released in the future and I can now look forward to that. I am delighted by this update and thank you devs for listening to the community. [/quote] I agree with you wholeheartedly on everything else, and overall think this was a change for the better - definitely a change for the better for the majority of players - but G1s with special eyes didn't retain their value. When you're dealing with pure randomness, good things aligning are multiplicative, not additive. A plague or earth primal g1 had a floor of 3kg. A shadow primal was automatically worth over 10kg. An all purple/black range shadow g1 might be worth 500g-1kg. An all purple/black range shadow primal g1 would have been worth 50-100kg. Now it's down to 1kg-1.5kg, because you can just buy the purple dragon and put on a primal vial. Same for green/brown nature primals, or blue water primals, or black/cyan lightning primals... and so on. The game will adapt, and this is great going forward, but this is punishing to players who bought really expensive primals, or spent millions scattering primals for perfect colors when there's now a much more controllable and cheap solution.
Takora wrote on 2021-05-03 07:36:40:
Thank you so much for listening to the community devs, even if it took a long time to fix the problem many had (including me) with the introduction of the eye system.

There is really no downside on this update, G1 with special eyes will retain their value, dragons born with the special eyes will be affordable alternatives and people who want to create their dream dragon can do that down to the eyes now, even if it is expensive, but FR is a game where you work towards goals. Scattersights will retain their value for they are still retried and people can still try their luck if they want to get a certain eye type. And now old dragons can get the many new eye types that will for sure released in the future and I can now look forward to that.

I am delighted by this update and thank you devs for listening to the community.
I agree with you wholeheartedly on everything else, and overall think this was a change for the better - definitely a change for the better for the majority of players - but G1s with special eyes didn't retain their value. When you're dealing with pure randomness, good things aligning are multiplicative, not additive. A plague or earth primal g1 had a floor of 3kg. A shadow primal was automatically worth over 10kg. An all purple/black range shadow g1 might be worth 500g-1kg. An all purple/black range shadow primal g1 would have been worth 50-100kg. Now it's down to 1kg-1.5kg, because you can just buy the purple dragon and put on a primal vial. Same for green/brown nature primals, or blue water primals, or black/cyan lightning primals... and so on.

The game will adapt, and this is great going forward, but this is punishing to players who bought really expensive primals, or spent millions scattering primals for perfect colors when there's now a much more controllable and cheap solution.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Seeing two new eye types was mind-blowing enough, but opening all natural eye types to vials is just knocking it out of the park, thank you FR team~
Seeing two new eye types was mind-blowing enough, but opening all natural eye types to vials is just knocking it out of the park, thank you FR team~
Also, just want to say, when I saw galore had gifts and it was two clanbound eye vials, my stomach dropped, and I went looking for the update.

Then when I read the update, I wanted to start bouncing around the room, so it was a very happy surprise to me, again, thank you <3
Also, just want to say, when I saw galore had gifts and it was two clanbound eye vials, my stomach dropped, and I went looking for the update.

Then when I read the update, I wanted to start bouncing around the room, so it was a very happy surprise to me, again, thank you <3

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
oof this kinda screws over the entire eye rarity market...
oof this kinda screws over the entire eye rarity market...
unknown.png
YEEEESSSSS NEW EYES!!
YEEEESSSSS NEW EYES!!
8PFDQgr.png
I'm sure people will be upset about this but honestly I think it'll do more good in the long run than harm. If nothing else for accessibility to make projects more feasible, and to reduce guilt in vialing a dragon with eyes you don't like.
Just remember now if you hatch a special eyes dragon to screenshot it to prove it's natural!
I'm sure people will be upset about this but honestly I think it'll do more good in the long run than harm. If nothing else for accessibility to make projects more feasible, and to reduce guilt in vialing a dragon with eyes you don't like.
Just remember now if you hatch a special eyes dragon to screenshot it to prove it's natural!
pixelparadise.gif

dont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
hemogoblinloafXS.png
Good for people building dragons.
Not going to lie though, bit disappointed that primal won't be as special anymore. Felt like winning the lottery to breed one, now you can just throw some treasure at it.
Good for people building dragons.
Not going to lie though, bit disappointed that primal won't be as special anymore. Felt like winning the lottery to breed one, now you can just throw some treasure at it.
fm3WhOS.png
[quote name="GrandpaDeicu" date="2021-05-03 07:43:31" ] It makes my whole collection of special eyed siblings unvaluable :c It just breaks my heart [/quote] [quote name="LeviathanDemon" date="2021-05-03 07:43:51" ] On the one hand, this was a long time coming, and I know it's gonna be very helpful for a lot of people. And lord knows I had a project going on for nearly a year to breed a specific primal. ... On the other, I was using scattersights to fund my projects, which are now close to worthless. Sigh... [/quote] Pretty much both of these. I was also holding three in reserve that I accepted as partial for some trades back when they were around 600g. As they climbed to 900, then 1kg, I figured it would only get higher, so I held on to them either for selling or if I got a G1 that just HAD to have primal. Alas...
GrandpaDeicu wrote on 2021-05-03 07:43:31:
It makes my whole collection of special eyed siblings unvaluable :c

It just breaks my heart
LeviathanDemon wrote on 2021-05-03 07:43:51:
On the one hand, this was a long time coming, and I know it's gonna be very helpful for a lot of people. And lord knows I had a project going on for nearly a year to breed a specific primal.

On the other, I was using scattersights to fund my projects, which are now close to worthless. Sigh...

Pretty much both of these. I was also holding three in reserve that I accepted as partial for some trades back when they were around 600g. As they climbed to 900, then 1kg, I figured it would only get higher, so I held on to them either for selling or if I got a G1 that just HAD to have primal. Alas...
2y1XN7S.png
» She/her
» FRT +2
» Wishlist
Yes! I’ve wanted this!
Yes! I’ve wanted this!
tgKCVtZ.png
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 199 200