Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Marketplace Stock Sort & Search Sticky
1 2 3
[quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-03-24 10:46:14" ] Allow us to choose the default sort setting for the MP, including sorting by "Stock: Newest to Oldest" like the old Marketplace. This should be permanent so it doesn't default to alphabetically every time you open the MP. [/quote] I didn't even realize it wasn't sorted newest to oldest anymore. Definite support! Restocks can fall anywhere in the alphabet and it's a pain to have to search through each page to see what's new.
Naeryl wrote on 2021-03-24 10:46:14:

Allow us to choose the default sort setting for the MP, including sorting by "Stock: Newest to Oldest" like the old Marketplace. This should be permanent so it doesn't default to alphabetically every time you open the MP.

I didn't even realize it wasn't sorted newest to oldest anymore. Definite support! Restocks can fall anywhere in the alphabet and it's a pain to have to search through each page to see what's new.
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
This. All of this. Please. In no particular order:
  • Add Stocked: Newest to oldest as an option. Just like how the old marketplace was.
  • Remember and use the last sorting order OR allow users to manually set their preferred default sorting order.
  • Add a check box like in the AH to keep the filtering menu extended.
  • Return to the same page of the marketplace after a purchase.
  • Remember and return to the last page viewed when a user reloads the page.

As a side note: for the other systems that don't allow for setting a default order (looking at you, applying apparel and skins to a dragon), let us set what we want it to default to.
  • Add Stocked: Newest to oldest as an option. Just like how the old marketplace was.
  • Remember and use the last sorting order OR allow users to manually set their preferred default sorting order.
  • Add a check box like in the AH to keep the filtering menu extended.
  • Return to the same page of the marketplace after a purchase.
  • Remember and return to the last page viewed when a user reloads the page.

As a side note: for the other systems that don't allow for setting a default order (looking at you, applying apparel and skins to a dragon), let us set what we want it to default to.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
I too wish to get the newest to oldest "option" back plus being able to return on the same page you bought from after a purchase an item. It's frustrating to have to go through all the pages every time the marketplace restocks to see what's new :/
I too wish to get the newest to oldest "option" back plus being able to return on the same page you bought from after a purchase an item. It's frustrating to have to go through all the pages every time the marketplace restocks to see what's new :/
6ztfg79.gif W3p3Kzz.png
+9hrs
Wishlist
[quote name="CabinetMan" date="2021-03-24 21:09:04" ] This. All of this. Please. In no particular order: Add Stocked: Newest to oldest as an option. Just like how the old marketplace was. Remember and use the last sorting order OR allow users to manually set their preferred default sorting order. Add a check box like in the AH to keep the filtering menu extended. Return to the same page of the marketplace after a purchase. Remember and return to the last page viewed when a user reloads the page. [/quote] yes absolutely! a lot of this could be under a settings button like the hoard has. i've been shopping for familiars i'm missing now that i can filter for that, but having it reset after every purchase is super annoying.
CabinetMan wrote on 2021-03-24 21:09:04:

Add Stocked: Newest to oldest as an option. Just like how the old marketplace was.
Remember and use the last sorting order OR allow users to manually set their preferred default sorting order.
Add a check box like in the AH to keep the filtering menu extended.
Return to the same page of the marketplace after a purchase.
Remember and return to the last page viewed when a user reloads the page.

yes absolutely! a lot of this could be under a settings button like the hoard has. i've been shopping for familiars i'm missing now that i can filter for that, but having it reset after every purchase is super annoying.
H5OffQr.gif betty
they/them
FRT+3
d4LKApX.gif
Support. If I have to change a setting every time I open something, it's probably something that should stay (and maybe be my personal default - I near-always use 50-per-page in AH!). One thing I liked in Hoard revamp was how the search bar stayed put (sadly, it doesn't appear when I open Hoard again :/ ,but at least it keeps in the page).

Baldwin also keeps search/page settings after page refresh (though, sadly, not after a brew is complete). I like having search and its applied filters open all the time!
Support. If I have to change a setting every time I open something, it's probably something that should stay (and maybe be my personal default - I near-always use 50-per-page in AH!). One thing I liked in Hoard revamp was how the search bar stayed put (sadly, it doesn't appear when I open Hoard again :/ ,but at least it keeps in the page).

Baldwin also keeps search/page settings after page refresh (though, sadly, not after a brew is complete). I like having search and its applied filters open all the time!
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
Absolutely support, this bothers me within the hoard too (where the filters are similar, anyway) but especially now with the new marketplace... Clearly if I set a filter, that's how I want it. I'd much rather click once far in the future to undo that setting, than have to reclick every time I return to, reload, or change tabs in the marketplace for the next few days or *weeks* while I'm waiting for something specific to come up.
Absolutely support, this bothers me within the hoard too (where the filters are similar, anyway) but especially now with the new marketplace... Clearly if I set a filter, that's how I want it. I'd much rather click once far in the future to undo that setting, than have to reclick every time I return to, reload, or change tabs in the marketplace for the next few days or *weeks* while I'm waiting for something specific to come up.
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
Big big support! I’d also love it if you purchase something, the search parameters you had in place dont reset! Big pain in the butt when I found out last night :P
Big big support! I’d also love it if you purchase something, the search parameters you had in place dont reset! Big pain in the butt when I found out last night :P
bVzIUfv.png
[quote name="Croissants" date="2021-03-24 11:00:04" ] support for both and i'd also like to add something under the search sticky topic. i would love to have my filters stay when i refresh or buy something. there isnt that much use to be able to - for example - filter genes for modern breeds only when you then cant refresh the page to see if something stocks. keep your search filters until you remove them or navigate away from the page, not until you refresh or buy something. [/quote] Big support for both the original post and this addition. Having a sort by newest to oldest is super important since it refreshes every 5 minutes, and keeping search filters is honestly just necessary and I almost thought it was a glitch when I first encountered it resetting after I bought something
Croissants wrote on 2021-03-24 11:00:04:
support for both and i'd also like to add something under the search sticky topic.

i would love to have my filters stay when i refresh or buy something. there isnt that much use to be able to - for example - filter genes for modern breeds only when you then cant refresh the page to see if something stocks.

keep your search filters until you remove them or navigate away from the page, not until you refresh or buy something.
Big support for both the original post and this addition. Having a sort by newest to oldest is super important since it refreshes every 5 minutes, and keeping search filters is honestly just necessary and I almost thought it was a glitch when I first encountered it resetting after I bought something
Wishlist (for now)
[quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-03-24 10:46:14" ] Allow us to choose the default sort setting for the MP, including sorting by "Stock: Newest to Oldest" like the old Marketplace. This should be permanent so it doesn't default to alphabetically every time you open the MP. [/quote] Yes, please!!
Naeryl wrote on 2021-03-24 10:46:14:

Allow us to choose the default sort setting for the MP, including sorting by "Stock: Newest to Oldest" like the old Marketplace. This should be permanent so it doesn't default to alphabetically every time you open the MP.

Yes, please!!

OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
Yes! This was the suggestion topic I was looking for specifically. I hate it that the mp goes back to the first page after a purchasing, collapsing the search options box, forcing me to reselect my search options after every purchase.

I was buying a few major health potions and I had to navigate to page 3 in the battle tab after every purchase. It was frustrating. And same with apparel. I kept losing my place. I wasn't looking for something specific to buy, just shopping, but I kept losing my place.

So I definitely support these MP changes:
Quote:
The search to stay open
The search filters to stay as set
The ability to sort by stock order
The market to stay on the page you're on after a purchase
Yes! This was the suggestion topic I was looking for specifically. I hate it that the mp goes back to the first page after a purchasing, collapsing the search options box, forcing me to reselect my search options after every purchase.

I was buying a few major health potions and I had to navigate to page 3 in the battle tab after every purchase. It was frustrating. And same with apparel. I kept losing my place. I wasn't looking for something specific to buy, just shopping, but I kept losing my place.

So I definitely support these MP changes:
Quote:
The search to stay open
The search filters to stay as set
The ability to sort by stock order
The market to stay on the page you're on after a purchase
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
1 2 3