Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gather As Lower Level
1 2 3
Players with higher levels in gathering have lower odds of getting specific items, since they have larger pools of items to draw from. I think it'd be nice to be able to be able to select to gather at a lower level to change your odds of finding what you're looking for. That's all, really, thanks for your time.
Players with higher levels in gathering have lower odds of getting specific items, since they have larger pools of items to draw from. I think it'd be nice to be able to be able to select to gather at a lower level to change your odds of finding what you're looking for. That's all, really, thanks for your time.
Interesting suggestion for this problem. Support [emoji=new friend size=1]
Interesting suggestion for this problem. Support
8wF4Uc8.png
My only concern with this would be how it would affect eggs since lower levels tend to get these more often due to that lower item pool, though I can't really say exactly how much this would be affected. Other than that, I feel like this is only a band-aid over the issue until lower levels get more items and then they'll be facing the same issue.

As a temporary solution, sure, but I feel like resources are better put toward a more permanent solution such as increasing the amount of items you can get in one turn with each level you gain or at certain level milestones.
My only concern with this would be how it would affect eggs since lower levels tend to get these more often due to that lower item pool, though I can't really say exactly how much this would be affected. Other than that, I feel like this is only a band-aid over the issue until lower levels get more items and then they'll be facing the same issue.

As a temporary solution, sure, but I feel like resources are better put toward a more permanent solution such as increasing the amount of items you can get in one turn with each level you gain or at certain level milestones.
[quote name="Lykos" date="2021-03-22 09:49:17" ] My only concern with this would be how it would affect eggs since lower levels tend to get these more often due to that lower item pool, though I can't really say exactly how much this would be affected. Other than that, I feel like this is only a band-aid over the issue until lower levels get more items and then they'll be facing the same issue. As a temporary solution, sure, but I feel like resources are better put toward a more permanent solution such as increasing the amount of items you can get in one turn with each level you gain or at certain level milestones. [/quote] ^This. What they really need to do is fix gathering altogether, because there's no reason why my level 40 everything dergs should be bringing back a single 2 pt food item every 2-3 turns.
Lykos wrote on 2021-03-22 09:49:17:

^This. What they really need to do is fix gathering altogether, because there's no reason why my level 40 everything dergs should be bringing back a single 2 pt food item every 2-3 turns.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
No matter how many more items lower levels get, it won't be as many as higher levels get, just because the higher levels get all the lower level items, too. Mathematically speaking, the odds of getting the items you want is still better, even if the item list gets more populated.

Oh hi Jon, long time no see! My idea's more for the acquisition of specific materials, not for quantity. Understandable concerns tho.
No matter how many more items lower levels get, it won't be as many as higher levels get, just because the higher levels get all the lower level items, too. Mathematically speaking, the odds of getting the items you want is still better, even if the item list gets more populated.

Oh hi Jon, long time no see! My idea's more for the acquisition of specific materials, not for quantity. Understandable concerns tho.
I'd like this! But I also like the idea of gathering more items per turn proportionate to the amount of items in the item pool, that way you don't need to sacrifice one pool of items for another. You simply get more item types each turn the higher level you are.

Inaccurate example:
Let's say at level 1 in hunting you can gather from 50 different types of items in one turn, and gather 4 items from that pool in that turn.
And at level 40 you can gather 100 different types of items, and gather 8 items from that pool in that turn.

Something like that!
Perhaps the amount of items gathered don't need to be exactly proportionate to the amount of item types you can gather.
I'd like this! But I also like the idea of gathering more items per turn proportionate to the amount of items in the item pool, that way you don't need to sacrifice one pool of items for another. You simply get more item types each turn the higher level you are.

Inaccurate example:
Let's say at level 1 in hunting you can gather from 50 different types of items in one turn, and gather 4 items from that pool in that turn.
And at level 40 you can gather 100 different types of items, and gather 8 items from that pool in that turn.

Something like that!
Perhaps the amount of items gathered don't need to be exactly proportionate to the amount of item types you can gather.
[quote name="Corn" date="2021-03-22 09:58:51" ] No matter how many more items lower levels get, it won't be as many as higher levels get, just because the higher levels get all the lower level items, too. Mathematically speaking, the odds of getting the items you want is still better, even if the item list gets more populated. Oh hi Jon, long time no see! My idea's more for the acquisition of specific materials, not for quantity. Understandable concerns tho. [/quote] My concern is still valid, however. This suggestion is a band-aid solution where we need a much better long-term solution since gathering is not balanced even with this suggestion. It is possible lower levels will get a similar item count eventually and, over time as things are added, it'll only get worse even if there are still less items than higher levels. You're not fixing the problem, only prolonging the inevitability that a fix is desperately needed. At least if we add more items received at higher levels that means that you at least have more chances of getting what you need and is more of a permanent solution that can funnel into a more detailed and permanent fix (as well as be increased over time as needed) than being able to gather as a lower level (and what I said). That's the point I am making here. I stand by my comment of I think resources should go toward a permanent solution that fixes gathering more as a whole. We need an overhaul, and I would much rather see that.
Corn wrote on 2021-03-22 09:58:51:

My concern is still valid, however. This suggestion is a band-aid solution where we need a much better long-term solution since gathering is not balanced even with this suggestion. It is possible lower levels will get a similar item count eventually and, over time as things are added, it'll only get worse even if there are still less items than higher levels. You're not fixing the problem, only prolonging the inevitability that a fix is desperately needed. At least if we add more items received at higher levels that means that you at least have more chances of getting what you need and is more of a permanent solution that can funnel into a more detailed and permanent fix (as well as be increased over time as needed) than being able to gather as a lower level (and what I said). That's the point I am making here.

I stand by my comment of I think resources should go toward a permanent solution that fixes gathering more as a whole. We need an overhaul, and I would much rather see that.
[quote name="Lykos" date="2021-03-22 11:17:54" ] I stand by my comment of I think resources should go toward a permanent solution that fixes gathering more as a whole. [/quote] I agree with this. Gathering needs some big overhaul to make gathering levels actually feel worthwhile, instead of making things harder for yourself. This suggestion specifically, I feel would just cause more frustration because not only do you gotta balance what regions you gather in, now you gotta balance levels, too... I'd just rather Not.
Lykos wrote on 2021-03-22 11:17:54:
I stand by my comment of I think resources should go toward a permanent solution that fixes gathering more as a whole.

I agree with this. Gathering needs some big overhaul to make gathering levels actually feel worthwhile, instead of making things harder for yourself.

This suggestion specifically, I feel would just cause more frustration because not only do you gotta balance what regions you gather in, now you gotta balance levels, too... I'd just rather Not.
Higher level gathering turns also pull the same items from lower level lists, just at reduced probabilities because of the sheer number of items higher level players have access to. Adding more lower level items woildn't make higher level gathering any easier, it'd just add more clutter at all levels.

And, anyways, if a patchy solution is quick and easy enough to implement, there's nothing wrong with a temporary fix before a permanent one can be made, imo. Just because we want a big permanent solution doesn't mean there isn't room for a small one in the interim.
Higher level gathering turns also pull the same items from lower level lists, just at reduced probabilities because of the sheer number of items higher level players have access to. Adding more lower level items woildn't make higher level gathering any easier, it'd just add more clutter at all levels.

And, anyways, if a patchy solution is quick and easy enough to implement, there's nothing wrong with a temporary fix before a permanent one can be made, imo. Just because we want a big permanent solution doesn't mean there isn't room for a small one in the interim.
@Corn hi! *waves like a giant dork* It's been awhile!

Yeah I understand that, my comment was made in the vein of "they need to fix the gathering system altogether". Like, I've seen eggs a grand total of 3? times from scavenging, and I'm at level 40. That... doesn't seem right at all, does it? There's something really broken with the fact that once you hit a certain level of gathering and the pool of items increases, you're statistically less likely to see various rare items. I'm not no-supporting this, fwiw, if this is the only fix we could get to the gathering system I'd take it, I just think the entire thing needs a rehaul so we don't *have* to gather at lower levels to have a higher chance of getting such-and-such, if that makes sense at all, and the "2 pt food items every other turn" is part of what's wrong with the gathering system as it stands.
@Corn hi! *waves like a giant dork* It's been awhile!

Yeah I understand that, my comment was made in the vein of "they need to fix the gathering system altogether". Like, I've seen eggs a grand total of 3? times from scavenging, and I'm at level 40. That... doesn't seem right at all, does it? There's something really broken with the fact that once you hit a certain level of gathering and the pool of items increases, you're statistically less likely to see various rare items. I'm not no-supporting this, fwiw, if this is the only fix we could get to the gathering system I'd take it, I just think the entire thing needs a rehaul so we don't *have* to gather at lower levels to have a higher chance of getting such-and-such, if that makes sense at all, and the "2 pt food items every other turn" is part of what's wrong with the gathering system as it stands.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
1 2 3