Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Survey: Retirement of Holiday Familiars
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
I think the random event in december is a great idea
I think the random event in december is a great idea
It all depends on the implementation. With FR, the only thing keeping value high is the limitation of quantities. A good 'model' to follow might be that of a high rarity yet perpetually available familiar like manticores/yeti/etc.

I've been on both sides of the fence - the old player trying to profit from old items, and the new player wanting shinies without having to pay through the nose. But considering how rarity is the only value-determining aspect in FR, it is especially important not to make them too common...

Face it, dragons are the main draw to this site and nobody appreciates how much value you get (since dragons so much shinies for so cheap). A good caveat might be how quickly the coliseum skins devalued, just because they're perpetually available.
It all depends on the implementation. With FR, the only thing keeping value high is the limitation of quantities. A good 'model' to follow might be that of a high rarity yet perpetually available familiar like manticores/yeti/etc.

I've been on both sides of the fence - the old player trying to profit from old items, and the new player wanting shinies without having to pay through the nose. But considering how rarity is the only value-determining aspect in FR, it is especially important not to make them too common...

Face it, dragons are the main draw to this site and nobody appreciates how much value you get (since dragons so much shinies for so cheap). A good caveat might be how quickly the coliseum skins devalued, just because they're perpetually available.
tastefulmarketing.gif
I think the December event is a good idea. Keeps things from becoming impossible goals for new players as is often the case with sites that have been active for years.
I think the December event is a good idea. Keeps things from becoming impossible goals for new players as is often the case with sites that have been active for years.
FRFlightPrideBannerNature_zpsa3c4ece3.png
to have a chance even a slim one to get past familiars, items or even dragons, would be something to work or strive for. I wished I had known about this game sooner but glad to be here. If I were to have a chance to get unique one that is now gone.. would be treasured for sure
to have a chance even a slim one to get past familiars, items or even dragons, would be something to work or strive for. I wished I had known about this game sooner but glad to be here. If I were to have a chance to get unique one that is now gone.. would be treasured for sure
LOVE... flight rising, minecraft and world of warcraft... FOR THE HORDE
@Polgarae
The Sprites are gone forever and not the topic of this discussion. I'm sorry that you didn't join in one of the earlier registration windows but most of the Sprites are still within your grasp! (Only the Light Sprite is ridiculously inflated currently.)

I'm on the fence about the retirement of holiday familiars here on out:
On one hand, it doesn't affect me; on the other hand, I feel like it wouldn't help any new players get the Sprite of their dreams. In fact, it's my belief that this would make the gap even larger since holiday familiars in the future would hold less value than the retired ones from 2013-2014.

Oh well. I guess I'll just sit tight and wait to hear the staff's verdict.
@Polgarae
The Sprites are gone forever and not the topic of this discussion. I'm sorry that you didn't join in one of the earlier registration windows but most of the Sprites are still within your grasp! (Only the Light Sprite is ridiculously inflated currently.)

I'm on the fence about the retirement of holiday familiars here on out:
On one hand, it doesn't affect me; on the other hand, I feel like it wouldn't help any new players get the Sprite of their dreams. In fact, it's my belief that this would make the gap even larger since holiday familiars in the future would hold less value than the retired ones from 2013-2014.

Oh well. I guess I'll just sit tight and wait to hear the staff's verdict.
I love the idea of the December Event, but I still believe that it is not really fair to have one for this year, if we did not have one for last year. I know that many others and myself have had to pay insane amounts for sprites ;-; ( I was a newbie from the previous registration window ) and I am nowhere near getting all of them~ I wish there was some way to have the event for both this year and last, but at the same time not lowering the ah value of the sprites too much~
I love the idea of the December Event, but I still believe that it is not really fair to have one for this year, if we did not have one for last year. I know that many others and myself have had to pay insane amounts for sprites ;-; ( I was a newbie from the previous registration window ) and I am nowhere near getting all of them~ I wish there was some way to have the event for both this year and last, but at the same time not lowering the ah value of the sprites too much~
signature_fr_kamrin_by_vampireselene13-d90bamc.png
@rumble

that may be true now but there's more demand then there is supply at some point the sprites will be so rare and the treasure/gems the seller is gonna ask for it is gonna be trough the roof :c personally I have nothing against working towards something, I'm trying to work towards every sprite now but it should remain fun and not end in a 24/7 all year long grindfest with the small hope to just obtain one before the prices go up way to high :c
@rumble

that may be true now but there's more demand then there is supply at some point the sprites will be so rare and the treasure/gems the seller is gonna ask for it is gonna be trough the roof :c personally I have nothing against working towards something, I'm trying to work towards every sprite now but it should remain fun and not end in a 24/7 all year long grindfest with the small hope to just obtain one before the prices go up way to high :c
DVcXRyP.png
While I voted against it because I prefer the idea of items keeping their value (and thus allowing someone to work their way up "tiers" to get what they want via trading up for increasingly rare items), I can see merit in having a "bringing it back" sort of event - though I'd suggest that it's done with something of extreme rarity in getting said item.

For example, if you were to bring back for a limited time one of the familiars from a 2014 festival, it would be an extremely rare "chance" item to get, where something like 1% - 4% of the people who get involved would ever be able to get another chance at it that year.

It keeps interest and competition without negating the value entirely; don't make it easy. Make it about as rare as winning a lottery, to keep the market stable.
While I voted against it because I prefer the idea of items keeping their value (and thus allowing someone to work their way up "tiers" to get what they want via trading up for increasingly rare items), I can see merit in having a "bringing it back" sort of event - though I'd suggest that it's done with something of extreme rarity in getting said item.

For example, if you were to bring back for a limited time one of the familiars from a 2014 festival, it would be an extremely rare "chance" item to get, where something like 1% - 4% of the people who get involved would ever be able to get another chance at it that year.

It keeps interest and competition without negating the value entirely; don't make it easy. Make it about as rare as winning a lottery, to keep the market stable.
*hesitant ping* @Undel I-I have an idea for the December event? You could pick a holiday (Like Light the first year, and then Shadow the next year ect) and you could trade xxx amount of that festival's currency for the Sprite. Umm... for example! I missed the Shadow sprite, but I managed to gather 100 of the Shimmering Pinecones. December rolls around and yes! Shadow flight has been picked for re-distributing their familiars! I got to the page/shop(?) and trade 100 Shimmering Pinecones for a Shadow Sprite, much like you would trade things in at Crim. Maybe a potential layout idea? [img]http://i.imgur.com/nI2WPLC.png[/img] ([i]Please excuse the sketchiness! I should be going to bed soon and I wanted to make this before I had to go[/i]) Since all of the shops currently on FR usually consist of the starter breeds I was thinking...[i]where are the Guardians??![/i] I personally have a very big soft spot for Guardians, and since all the other starters have been used, why not Guardians? And, as my little sketch says, we can base how they have the extras on what Guardians do best - guarding. I think it would be a good idea for maybe bits of festival currency to be littered around at the Guardian's feet, as though she collects them or something? Another idea could be to put in some jokey dialogue at the end of the Guardian saying what they have extra of this year round, much like Tomo and Scribbles has at the start of their questions. IE: [i]'This year I've guarded extra of the Shadow Sprite! Please take them - my lair is starting to become flooded by their goo!' 'This year I've guarded extra of the Light Sprite! Please will you take them - they glow so brightly at night that I find it hard to sleep.'[/i] So... what do you think? Just an idea, if you'd like to use it I'd be happy for you to/help with aspects of it too :- ) Thank you for at least reading this if you do!
*hesitant ping*
@Undel

I-I have an idea for the December event?

You could pick a holiday (Like Light the first year, and then Shadow the next year ect)
and you could trade xxx amount of that festival's currency for the Sprite.
Umm... for example!

I missed the Shadow sprite, but I managed to gather 100 of the Shimmering Pinecones.
December rolls around and yes! Shadow flight has been picked for re-distributing their familiars!
I got to the page/shop(?) and trade 100 Shimmering Pinecones for a Shadow Sprite, much like you would trade things in at Crim.

Maybe a potential layout idea?
nI2WPLC.png
(Please excuse the sketchiness! I should be going to bed soon and I wanted to make this before I had to go)

Since all of the shops currently on FR usually consist of the starter breeds I was thinking...where are the Guardians??!
I personally have a very big soft spot for Guardians, and since all the other starters have been used, why not Guardians?
And, as my little sketch says, we can base how they have the extras on what Guardians do best - guarding.

I think it would be a good idea for maybe bits of festival currency to be littered around at the Guardian's feet, as though she collects them or something?

Another idea could be to put in some jokey dialogue at the end of the Guardian saying what they have extra of this year round, much like Tomo and Scribbles has at the start of their questions.
IE:
'This year I've guarded extra of the Shadow Sprite! Please take them - my lair is starting to become flooded by their goo!'
'This year I've guarded extra of the Light Sprite! Please will you take them - they glow so brightly at night that I find it hard to sleep.'

So... what do you think? Just an idea, if you'd like to use it I'd be happy for you to/help with aspects of it too :- )

Thank you for at least reading this if you do!
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
Also! You can change the amount of currency needed - I just used 100 as an easy example - I know that many people find getting currency easy from the Coli, so they could perhaps take advantage of low amounts of currency needed to trade.

Just a basis of an idea x3
Also! You can change the amount of currency needed - I just used 100 as an easy example - I know that many people find getting currency easy from the Coli, so they could perhaps take advantage of low amounts of currency needed to trade.

Just a basis of an idea x3
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53