Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Survey: Retirement of Holiday Familiars
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
@egberts You misread the first post, light sprites are not coming back, not now, not ever.
It's 2014, Undel is talking about 2014-2015
@egberts You misread the first post, light sprites are not coming back, not now, not ever.
It's 2014, Undel is talking about 2014-2015
Participating in Trick or Treat
tumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
@Incarnation Oh, I thought it meant those too.

It doesn't change my opinion though, I'm all for people getting a second - albeit harder - chance at obtaining this year's sprites at the end of the year.
@Incarnation Oh, I thought it meant those too.

It doesn't change my opinion though, I'm all for people getting a second - albeit harder - chance at obtaining this year's sprites at the end of the year.
@egberts That's what I voted for too :P
@egberts That's what I voted for too :P
Participating in Trick or Treat
tumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
I voted for the return of the 2014 - 2015 Familiars.

To the multitudes of people saying sprites should be brought back for this event because they're so hard to get because of the money (notably Light Sprites) -

I own a Light Sprite, but I did not join in June. I talked with someone and we made a deal of 4.5 million. I'm in high school with AP classes and healthy relationships to maintain, so I can't spend hours in the coli grinding out this money. I saved up and obliterated every nagging feeling telling me to spend money on something else. I resisted everything, and when I sent my last payment to this person, I was rewarded with something that I deserved. The market for Light Sprites has greatly increased (doubled since I purchased mine), but that doesn't mean it's impossible. If everyone decided "nope, never selling it", then it would be impossible, but there are multiple threads that are offering them for sale. It is not impossible.
I voted for the return of the 2014 - 2015 Familiars.

To the multitudes of people saying sprites should be brought back for this event because they're so hard to get because of the money (notably Light Sprites) -

I own a Light Sprite, but I did not join in June. I talked with someone and we made a deal of 4.5 million. I'm in high school with AP classes and healthy relationships to maintain, so I can't spend hours in the coli grinding out this money. I saved up and obliterated every nagging feeling telling me to spend money on something else. I resisted everything, and when I sent my last payment to this person, I was rewarded with something that I deserved. The market for Light Sprites has greatly increased (doubled since I purchased mine), but that doesn't mean it's impossible. If everyone decided "nope, never selling it", then it would be impossible, but there are multiple threads that are offering them for sale. It is not impossible.
WkCEhwX.png
EiPW4qT.png
gTTW2gA.png
WKtl2lb.png
flight rising really do be like that sometimes
pls ping me i'm totally cool with talking
message me ur sapphic dragons
For now it's not impossible. How much longer will that be the case?
For now it's not impossible. How much longer will that be the case?
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Nothing lasts forever, and you can't get back everything you missed. It's not a great feeling, but it always reminds you to savor what's coming up. If something is stated as retired and has been retired for months it should stay retired. That doesn't mean it shouldn't affect future released of items.
Nothing lasts forever, and you can't get back everything you missed. It's not a great feeling, but it always reminds you to savor what's coming up. If something is stated as retired and has been retired for months it should stay retired. That doesn't mean it shouldn't affect future released of items.
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
@quog38

Spent the last half hour reading reply after reply, and yours was the one that resonated with me the most. Just wanted to make an essentially useless post saying that I agree completely.

Especially the bit about the gifts received during the days when the site was nearly unplayable - or even that week where it was actually completely unplayable and in maintenance mode. It felt special receiving something that, frankly, the admins didn't have to give us in the first place. Knowing that it was limited, knowing that if you could save it or invest in buying more, it could later pay off, was an aspect of the game that I found really fun.

I don't want to lose that feeling with the new familiars. If kept limited, investing in them will eventually pay off, not just for the users who sell them, but also for the users who work hard to get them, and finally achieve their goal. I don't think it's elitist in the slightest to be happy with owning a retired item after working hard to get it.

I dunno. Those are my two cents. Everyone else is entitled to their own opinion. I'm tired and in a partial food coma, so I apologize if it was just a bunch of rambling.
@quog38

Spent the last half hour reading reply after reply, and yours was the one that resonated with me the most. Just wanted to make an essentially useless post saying that I agree completely.

Especially the bit about the gifts received during the days when the site was nearly unplayable - or even that week where it was actually completely unplayable and in maintenance mode. It felt special receiving something that, frankly, the admins didn't have to give us in the first place. Knowing that it was limited, knowing that if you could save it or invest in buying more, it could later pay off, was an aspect of the game that I found really fun.

I don't want to lose that feeling with the new familiars. If kept limited, investing in them will eventually pay off, not just for the users who sell them, but also for the users who work hard to get them, and finally achieve their goal. I don't think it's elitist in the slightest to be happy with owning a retired item after working hard to get it.

I dunno. Those are my two cents. Everyone else is entitled to their own opinion. I'm tired and in a partial food coma, so I apologize if it was just a bunch of rambling.
9axZbRl.png
It depends on the seller. I will possibly one day sell my own, and so will many others when they see fit. Regardless, they're limited edition items. I've missed several events on here and irl to get limited things (notably the kickstarter, darn you past self!), but one can always try and succeed at getting what they want. Even then, the admins don't have to give us limited edition items, so we (general we) have to work to getting what we want in the FR economy of supply and demand. Yea, a lot of us won't get the items we truly desire (looking at you, KS Familiars and Boolean), but that's the challenge of this game.

If that didn't make any sense I probably had a derp moment in my English.
It depends on the seller. I will possibly one day sell my own, and so will many others when they see fit. Regardless, they're limited edition items. I've missed several events on here and irl to get limited things (notably the kickstarter, darn you past self!), but one can always try and succeed at getting what they want. Even then, the admins don't have to give us limited edition items, so we (general we) have to work to getting what we want in the FR economy of supply and demand. Yea, a lot of us won't get the items we truly desire (looking at you, KS Familiars and Boolean), but that's the challenge of this game.

If that didn't make any sense I probably had a derp moment in my English.
WkCEhwX.png
EiPW4qT.png
gTTW2gA.png
WKtl2lb.png
flight rising really do be like that sometimes
pls ping me i'm totally cool with talking
message me ur sapphic dragons
Well I'm not going to read 50 pages of the discussion, but here is an interesting Idea..

In Year 2, for each month there will be 2 Sprites of the previous year obtainable, for example lets use the Fire Sprite.

In the 2nd Year of the Fire Holiday, two sprites from the previous Fire Holiday will be made available. One available from Gathering, and one Available from the Coliseum. One lucky person will get the Sprite from each respected category. If something like this is possible, that would be very interesting, as it still gives a small and rare chance for two lucky people to get the sprite from the previous year. If it does not get found within the holiday time-frame, then no one gets it obviously.

In the 3rd year of the Fire Holiday, Two Familiars (if you release another Fire Familiar) from the 2nd Fire Holiday will be achievable by gathering and using the Coliseum (1 from each) like described for year 2.

Rinse and repeat? Just a thought.
Well I'm not going to read 50 pages of the discussion, but here is an interesting Idea..

In Year 2, for each month there will be 2 Sprites of the previous year obtainable, for example lets use the Fire Sprite.

In the 2nd Year of the Fire Holiday, two sprites from the previous Fire Holiday will be made available. One available from Gathering, and one Available from the Coliseum. One lucky person will get the Sprite from each respected category. If something like this is possible, that would be very interesting, as it still gives a small and rare chance for two lucky people to get the sprite from the previous year. If it does not get found within the holiday time-frame, then no one gets it obviously.

In the 3rd year of the Fire Holiday, Two Familiars (if you release another Fire Familiar) from the 2nd Fire Holiday will be achievable by gathering and using the Coliseum (1 from each) like described for year 2.

Rinse and repeat? Just a thought.
I like the idea or re-releases, so long as it doesn't completely destroy the items in question being kind of rare and valuable.
I like the idea or re-releases, so long as it doesn't completely destroy the items in question being kind of rare and valuable.
a6ab6a2a-f6bd-40ad-a7bb-e9fcf5166a6c_zps3583fa7c.png
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53