Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 91 92
@luckyvulpi Breeds are complicated by the fact that rarer breeds have longer breeding cooldowns.

In general, I prefer to start with dragons that have the gene/breed in questions, because scrolls are generally a lot more expensive than dragons expressing the gene.

There's a guide here (http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=998830&p=mb) with approximate rates at which genes/breeds get passed on. In general, the more expensive a scroll is, the less likely it is to pass on, so a basic/iri pair will very rarely have iridescent hatchlings. On the other hand, hatchlings always get the gene from one of the parents, so if both parents have the same gene, it's always passed on.
@luckyvulpi Breeds are complicated by the fact that rarer breeds have longer breeding cooldowns.

In general, I prefer to start with dragons that have the gene/breed in questions, because scrolls are generally a lot more expensive than dragons expressing the gene.

There's a guide here (http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=998830&p=mb) with approximate rates at which genes/breeds get passed on. In general, the more expensive a scroll is, the less likely it is to pass on, so a basic/iri pair will very rarely have iridescent hatchlings. On the other hand, hatchlings always get the gene from one of the parents, so if both parents have the same gene, it's always passed on.
signatureletsmakesomesc.png
(Sig by StarrySpelunker)
@luckyvulpi It really depends on what you're going for. Breeding for colors, genes, and breed at the same time can save a LOT of treasure (and is necessary for imps because the scrolls are retired), but it takes a lot longer to find suitable parents and breed what you want.

Some useful tools:
color predictor
breed/gene rarity

There is no ever stone equivalent.
@luckyvulpi It really depends on what you're going for. Breeding for colors, genes, and breed at the same time can save a LOT of treasure (and is necessary for imps because the scrolls are retired), but it takes a lot longer to find suitable parents and breed what you want.

Some useful tools:
color predictor
breed/gene rarity

There is no ever stone equivalent.
“blaireau’s
I know I just asked a question and I got some great answers, but I kinda have a few more questions...

Knowing how breeds and genes are passed down is great, but I'm more concerned on how colors are passed down and how to breed for a very specific color combination. (The ideal dragon I want to get is a Fae, which is a very common breed with Basic/Basic/Underbelly, which are all very easy to get so Breed/Genes arn't really what I'm looking for.
After breeding a few of my dragons, I occasionally come across some unexpected colors like how a Red Dragon came from an Ivory/White parent couple.

So my question is, how are colors passed down? How would a new breeder try to get very specific color combination with say... Tomato/Crimson/White? What are some things to look for in a dragon if he/she wants to reach that very specific color combination?

How would the breeders get those ideal dragons to breed in the first place? Would they ask people for help? Search the Auction House daily? Scour through everyone's lair to find that one dragon?

Any dragon breeding/training guides would be very helpful to me since I am very new to Dragon Trading, and I have no idea where to start with this...
I know I just asked a question and I got some great answers, but I kinda have a few more questions...

Knowing how breeds and genes are passed down is great, but I'm more concerned on how colors are passed down and how to breed for a very specific color combination. (The ideal dragon I want to get is a Fae, which is a very common breed with Basic/Basic/Underbelly, which are all very easy to get so Breed/Genes arn't really what I'm looking for.
After breeding a few of my dragons, I occasionally come across some unexpected colors like how a Red Dragon came from an Ivory/White parent couple.

So my question is, how are colors passed down? How would a new breeder try to get very specific color combination with say... Tomato/Crimson/White? What are some things to look for in a dragon if he/she wants to reach that very specific color combination?

How would the breeders get those ideal dragons to breed in the first place? Would they ask people for help? Search the Auction House daily? Scour through everyone's lair to find that one dragon?

Any dragon breeding/training guides would be very helpful to me since I am very new to Dragon Trading, and I have no idea where to start with this...
@luckyvulpi colors are decided on FR by a colorwheel. You find the colors of the parents, and the hatchling can have any colors on the shortest distance between the parents' colors.

This color predicting tool is so very useful!

As you can see on the colorwheel, ivory is with the yellows near the bottom of the wheel, while white is near the top with the whites and blacks, so white/ivory pairs actually can produce a huge range of colors.

Note that only primary colors affect primaries, secondary colors secondaries, and tertiary colors tertiaries.

If you go to the guides forum you will find many guides for breeding and training.

ETA: When I want a particular colored dragon the first thing is to search (right now) for the closest possible parents then breed hatchlings. Sometimes it isn't possible to get very close, so you might want to find a couple pairs and breed the closest of their offspring together. The scrying workshop will help you figure out if dragons are too closely related to breed.

To find dragons right now I use dragon search; but there is an auction house color search coming!
@luckyvulpi colors are decided on FR by a colorwheel. You find the colors of the parents, and the hatchling can have any colors on the shortest distance between the parents' colors.

This color predicting tool is so very useful!

As you can see on the colorwheel, ivory is with the yellows near the bottom of the wheel, while white is near the top with the whites and blacks, so white/ivory pairs actually can produce a huge range of colors.

Note that only primary colors affect primaries, secondary colors secondaries, and tertiary colors tertiaries.

If you go to the guides forum you will find many guides for breeding and training.

ETA: When I want a particular colored dragon the first thing is to search (right now) for the closest possible parents then breed hatchlings. Sometimes it isn't possible to get very close, so you might want to find a couple pairs and breed the closest of their offspring together. The scrying workshop will help you figure out if dragons are too closely related to breed.

To find dragons right now I use dragon search; but there is an auction house color search coming!
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@aequorin I dont know if this was asked but I have noticed the stars under profils pics in the forums. Some have one, or four and others have a rather unique star as well. Is there something soecial about these stars and what do they mean?
@aequorin I dont know if this was asked but I have noticed the stars under profils pics in the forums. Some have one, or four and others have a rather unique star as well. Is there something soecial about these stars and what do they mean?
fAtGWhQ.gif
@MindlessNonsense they correspond to the amount of forum posts you have. I think the special star is 1000+, I don't know the others.
@MindlessNonsense they correspond to the amount of forum posts you have. I think the special star is 1000+, I don't know the others.
@acientist wow ok thank you, that clears things a bit in my mind!
@acientist wow ok thank you, that clears things a bit in my mind!
fAtGWhQ.gif
Hello there moderators of thi sgreat and mighty Forum. I have a suggestion which is maybe not the biggest thing but it bothers me alot.

I am trying to gather strikers, but since you guys released the lvl 25 cap on gathering, its freaking impossible to get any strikers. It feels like they are even harder on lvl 25 than it was on lvl 20. I had an average on 10 strikers a week. Now I have been on lvl 25 hunting for about 3 weeks and I have gotten a total of 18 strikers. Thats nothing.

So I would love to if you guys could make them easier to get on the higher lvls. because I am currently only getting roosters and swans, and I dont need meat points, I got 11k already. Just my input on that subject.

Thanks and have a great day.
Hello there moderators of thi sgreat and mighty Forum. I have a suggestion which is maybe not the biggest thing but it bothers me alot.

I am trying to gather strikers, but since you guys released the lvl 25 cap on gathering, its freaking impossible to get any strikers. It feels like they are even harder on lvl 25 than it was on lvl 20. I had an average on 10 strikers a week. Now I have been on lvl 25 hunting for about 3 weeks and I have gotten a total of 18 strikers. Thats nothing.

So I would love to if you guys could make them easier to get on the higher lvls. because I am currently only getting roosters and swans, and I dont need meat points, I got 11k already. Just my input on that subject.

Thanks and have a great day.
@Aequorin

Could there perhaps be set up some venue for us to ask lore-related questions? I have so many things I want to ask and I'm not sure where to ask them!
@Aequorin

Could there perhaps be set up some venue for us to ask lore-related questions? I have so many things I want to ask and I'm not sure where to ask them!
My tumblr|My art-gallery|My dA
@Ymedron, that's an interesting idea. At this time there are no plans for that but I'll bring it up with the team.
@Ymedron, that's an interesting idea. At this time there are no plans for that but I'll bring it up with the team.
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 91 92