Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Worst[physical]pain you’ve been in
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="SpiritMessenger" date="2020-12-13 06:03:08" ] I've got 3 for the top contenders, and on a scale of 1-10 they're all a 10 as far as I'm concerned; - My period cramps can get so bad it's on par with labor pains because PCOS is a nightmare. Forget me doing anything other than laying in bed with meds and a heat pad praying for it to end. - I have severe tendinitis due to flat feet, so standing or walking for long periods are extremely painful. I tried to work retail once, an 8 hour shift became 12 hours because of reasons and I came home and had to call and quit the next day because I was literally in so much pain in my hips and lower back that I could not stand for the next week let alone walk or work. - Recently I've started to develop migraines, and boy are they bad. The slightest bit of light or sound (sadly even my cat purring) sets off a chain reaction of pain in my head that feels like someone's got my skull in a vice grip. I can't lay down though, because the pressure of putting my head on the pillow makes it hurt worse so I just end up half upright in a chair and thankful my room is very dark. I can't put in earplugs because they hurt, and forget an eye mask, so it's just sit and close my eyes and wait until it stops hurting. [/quote] I have had migraines all of my life. My worst migraine may be the worst pain I have been in. Lights, when I have migraines, feel like someone is burning my eyes out with torches! It may be tied with when I first got diverticulitis. I have had hemorrhoid surgery (which my proctologist assures me is the most painful surgery known to human kind), and it was peanuts compared to those. However, that was because I was on pain medication before I was conscious after the surgery. I also had part of my kidney removed, and they took out a floating rib to get to it. That hurt like an SOB!! If a doctor asks you if you want to be in charge of administering your own pain med--tell her, "no!" You want to sleep, so you want the medication flowing constantly--take my word for that!
SpiritMessenger wrote on 2020-12-13 06:03:08:
I've got 3 for the top contenders, and on a scale of 1-10 they're all a 10 as far as I'm concerned;

- My period cramps can get so bad it's on par with labor pains because PCOS is a nightmare. Forget me doing anything other than laying in bed with meds and a heat pad praying for it to end.

- I have severe tendinitis due to flat feet, so standing or walking for long periods are extremely painful. I tried to work retail once, an 8 hour shift became 12 hours because of reasons and I came home and had to call and quit the next day because I was literally in so much pain in my hips and lower back that I could not stand for the next week let alone walk or work.

- Recently I've started to develop migraines, and boy are they bad. The slightest bit of light or sound (sadly even my cat purring) sets off a chain reaction of pain in my head that feels like someone's got my skull in a vice grip. I can't lay down though, because the pressure of putting my head on the pillow makes it hurt worse so I just end up half upright in a chair and thankful my room is very dark. I can't put in earplugs because they hurt, and forget an eye mask, so it's just sit and close my eyes and wait until it stops hurting.

I have had migraines all of my life. My worst migraine may be the worst pain I have been in. Lights, when I have migraines, feel like someone is burning my eyes out with torches! It may be tied with when I first got diverticulitis. I have had hemorrhoid surgery (which my proctologist assures me is the most painful surgery known to human kind), and it was peanuts compared to those. However, that was because I was on pain medication before I was conscious after the surgery.

I also had part of my kidney removed, and they took out a floating rib to get to it. That hurt like an SOB!! If a doctor asks you if you want to be in charge of administering your own pain med--tell her, "no!" You want to sleep, so you want the medication flowing constantly--take my word for that!
When I was 7, I had to get six baby teeth removed from my lower jaw at the same time because four of my adult teeth decided to come out early. Granted, I don't remember how painful it felt because it happened so long ago, but I can recall crying while I was walking out of the dentist's office that day.

More recently, I had the most god awful period cramps last year on the day of a big piano recital. I sat through the entire two-hour event in pain because I was last to perform. Imagine trying to play a peaceful Debussy piece while you're in immense pain. Even after my family returned home and I took pain killers, the cramps wouldn't go away. The cramps lasted about five hours in total.
When I was 7, I had to get six baby teeth removed from my lower jaw at the same time because four of my adult teeth decided to come out early. Granted, I don't remember how painful it felt because it happened so long ago, but I can recall crying while I was walking out of the dentist's office that day.

More recently, I had the most god awful period cramps last year on the day of a big piano recital. I sat through the entire two-hour event in pain because I was last to perform. Imagine trying to play a peaceful Debussy piece while you're in immense pain. Even after my family returned home and I took pain killers, the cramps wouldn't go away. The cramps lasted about five hours in total.
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
That time when I got stung by a jellyfish and then broke my leg in the span of a few hours
That time when I got stung by a jellyfish and then broke my leg in the span of a few hours
YUaavvh.png
any pronouns
Time: FR+3
wishlist
accents
art
I collect Miths
Formerly DragonQueenJ
xXUm3Jf.png
WRcl6DV.png
i can't remember the absolute worst pain i've been in but my ankle has been hurting consistently for 6 years and it makes it hard to move
i can't remember the absolute worst pain i've been in but my ankle has been hurting consistently for 6 years and it makes it hard to move
TeMkEVX.png
GPbVPRP.png Shamura
1OX9mEs.gif any pronouns
1OX9mEs.gif FR time +0
1OX9mEs.gif Abe love ♥
1OX9mEs.gifAvatar dragon
sqaur.png FxIG1mZ.gif For DRS: I have more dragons in the hibden
1OX9mEs.gif For IKTR: my fandragons are here
1OX9mEs.gif Robots are peak character design
1OX9mEs.gif goatlings
1OX9mEs.gif Play ISAT pleaaaase
Kidney stones... I've had 9 so far since 2013, and while I've avoided going to the ER for almost all of them (as I'm a big chicken when it comes to hospitals), the last one I had in October this year finally sent me to the hospital when everything I usually try for the pain (meds, heat, etc) wasn't working at all and I got worried about kidney damage. I asked my mother to drive me over, and she stayed with me until I was admitted overnight for pain control. They gave me several doses of morphine which only took [i]some[/i] of the edge off, it didn't make the pain vanish entirely. I was on a morphine pump for the rest of the night which helped the pain level from getting worse. The stone that curb-stomped me that day was only 3mm, and they found a 4mm in my left kidney during a CT scan. [emoji=wildclaw deadpan size=1]
Kidney stones... I've had 9 so far since 2013, and while I've avoided going to the ER for almost all of them (as I'm a big chicken when it comes to hospitals), the last one I had in October this year finally sent me to the hospital when everything I usually try for the pain (meds, heat, etc) wasn't working at all and I got worried about kidney damage.

I asked my mother to drive me over, and she stayed with me until I was admitted overnight for pain control. They gave me several doses of morphine which only took some of the edge off, it didn't make the pain vanish entirely. I was on a morphine pump for the rest of the night which helped the pain level from getting worse.

The stone that curb-stomped me that day was only 3mm, and they found a 4mm in my left kidney during a CT scan.
nPEtuOq.png SILN8af.gif VO3icXF.png
It's gotta be menstrual cramps for me. The combo of nausea, general abdomen aching, and occasional stabbing pains does me in. I've cried both from the raw pain and from the fact that it can go on for hours before it subsides. 3 weeks is enough time that I forget how bad cramps get so I always underestimate them. I should def get in the habit of taking advil in advance on the projected first day but .... I never do ... /:
It's gotta be menstrual cramps for me. The combo of nausea, general abdomen aching, and occasional stabbing pains does me in. I've cried both from the raw pain and from the fact that it can go on for hours before it subsides. 3 weeks is enough time that I forget how bad cramps get so I always underestimate them. I should def get in the habit of taking advil in advance on the projected first day but .... I never do ... /:
f6433320e8dbe41df801f3a326261d72d9763293.png _
Snow | HQsa6bD.png | she/her
[ art shop ] [ gen1 sales ] [ tumblr ]

"dusty footprints harden into stone"
And finally almost peeling the skin off my palm with a potato peeler while, you guessed it, peeling potatoes.
Accidentally, and with full force, slamming my waist on the edge of one of those marble counters and not being able to move for an hour after that.
Burning my hand after holding onto a heated surface(too embarrassed to say what) for too long because of a delayed and distracted reaction.
And finally almost peeling the skin off my palm with a potato peeler while, you guessed it, peeling potatoes.
Pressiboo #157888

8+ fr time
I had an ovarian cyst rupture and began bleeding internally. Went to the ER it was so bad and the doctor sent me home telling me to take aspirin... Returned a couple hours later cause I was passing out and screaming from the pain and another doctor did scans and realized I was bleeding internally cause it was such a bad rupture. T-T
I had an ovarian cyst rupture and began bleeding internally. Went to the ER it was so bad and the doctor sent me home telling me to take aspirin... Returned a couple hours later cause I was passing out and screaming from the pain and another doctor did scans and realized I was bleeding internally cause it was such a bad rupture. T-T
1810_blushy_froggie.png6858_wonder_froggie.png
g]
Probably when my whole neck went out of alignment. First time having that type of injury, and it hurt so much to move my neck. I couldn't even put clothes on without going through tons of pain. I remember screaming and crying when my mother took me to see my grandpa (who was a former chiropractor) after he had tried the tools. Turns out I had to get adjusted manually. I still have neck misalignments right now, but none as severe as my first-I'm now on a weekly adjustment program.
(my neck is hurting right now, actually-oops!)

My second would be when my chest did this weird thing when I was at my Dad's for a few weeks. It hurt immensely when I breathed and I couldn't lay down or get up without experiencing some sort of pain near my chest area. I suspect it was maybe another out of alignment thing, but it went away after a few days-I don't know if I slept on it wrong or anything. It eventually just lessened. Recently, it came back, but faded away later the same day.
Probably when my whole neck went out of alignment. First time having that type of injury, and it hurt so much to move my neck. I couldn't even put clothes on without going through tons of pain. I remember screaming and crying when my mother took me to see my grandpa (who was a former chiropractor) after he had tried the tools. Turns out I had to get adjusted manually. I still have neck misalignments right now, but none as severe as my first-I'm now on a weekly adjustment program.
(my neck is hurting right now, actually-oops!)

My second would be when my chest did this weird thing when I was at my Dad's for a few weeks. It hurt immensely when I breathed and I couldn't lay down or get up without experiencing some sort of pain near my chest area. I suspect it was maybe another out of alignment thing, but it went away after a few days-I don't know if I slept on it wrong or anything. It eventually just lessened. Recently, it came back, but faded away later the same day.
- WELCOME TO THE COGNITIVE GEARS, CORP. DATABASE -

dT9HQge.png
1YB0OjO.png
wthFnM3.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7