Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Veilspun Lore
So which portal do y'all think the veilspuns are talking about in the new short story? The Forbidden Portal one or the shadow bote story one?
So which portal do y'all think the veilspuns are talking about in the new short story? The Forbidden Portal one or the shadow bote story one?
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
Probably Shadow. The Forbidden Portal is problematic, but the Shadow portal directly leads to Light. If it's not a one way portal, it makes sense for the Veilspun to be annoyed about it being opened, especially if they deactivated it on purpose. Don't want Light dragons barging into their territory, after all.
Probably Shadow. The Forbidden Portal is problematic, but the Shadow portal directly leads to Light. If it's not a one way portal, it makes sense for the Veilspun to be annoyed about it being opened, especially if they deactivated it on purpose. Don't want Light dragons barging into their territory, after all.
2LHRMay.png
The portal the Veilspun refers to is the one Umbrann inadvertently fixed in Kindred Crossing.
The portal the Veilspun refers to is the one Umbrann inadvertently fixed in Kindred Crossing.
Good to know!....Now I wonder if Moth is related to Umbrann or it's just coincidence that they're both Ridgebacks.
Good to know!....Now I wonder if Moth is related to Umbrann or it's just coincidence that they're both Ridgebacks.
2LHRMay.png
Yeah, I figured that. Also, good catch with the Shadow Ridgies. Obviously, there's more to the story, but it probably won't be relased until the Light ancient is, and I'm guessing that one will be last since Light already has Imperials. Maybe Lightweaver had an ancient already, but then replaced it with the shiny and new Imperials (copying her sister's Veilspun), and the light ancient was jealous, and so cursed the Imperials to be able to become Emperors.

Just a thought. Also explains why the Veilspun were all "Why the heck did you reopen that portal?" Could be that the reason was, "We were trying to protect the world from the light ancients. >:("

Anyway, that's my theory. Maybe the light ancients were stuck in between (because, according to fairy mythos, light fairies live in between stuff, like the shore and the sea, in walls, etc.) the ends of the portal, so as long as it was closed, they couldn't curse any other dragons/make Emperors run amok. Not a bad show of "light is not good, dark is not bad."
Yeah, I figured that. Also, good catch with the Shadow Ridgies. Obviously, there's more to the story, but it probably won't be relased until the Light ancient is, and I'm guessing that one will be last since Light already has Imperials. Maybe Lightweaver had an ancient already, but then replaced it with the shiny and new Imperials (copying her sister's Veilspun), and the light ancient was jealous, and so cursed the Imperials to be able to become Emperors.

Just a thought. Also explains why the Veilspun were all "Why the heck did you reopen that portal?" Could be that the reason was, "We were trying to protect the world from the light ancients. >:("

Anyway, that's my theory. Maybe the light ancients were stuck in between (because, according to fairy mythos, light fairies live in between stuff, like the shore and the sea, in walls, etc.) the ends of the portal, so as long as it was closed, they couldn't curse any other dragons/make Emperors run amok. Not a bad show of "light is not good, dark is not bad."
Now I have big-brain conspiracy theory of Light Ancient being Emperors.

Like, I know it will never happen, ever, but...think about it. Every flight has their respective Ancient. It's been a year or so since we last had one, the mods have been teasing a Light Ancient but we still don't have any idea what it'll look like, the userbase has been going wild trying to figure it out. We finally get the big maintenance that signals a new breed...and boom.

Emperors.

It won't happen, but if it did, that would be the wildest thing to ever happen to this site.

im gonna come back here in like 5 years screaming i told you so huh

Like, I know it will never happen, ever, but...think about it. Every flight has their respective Ancient. It's been a year or so since we last had one, the mods have been teasing a Light Ancient but we still don't have any idea what it'll look like, the userbase has been going wild trying to figure it out. We finally get the big maintenance that signals a new breed...and boom.

Emperors.

It won't happen, but if it did, that would be the wildest thing to ever happen to this site.

qbj5aU6.gif scroll.pngMKluVD5.giftheultimatecatsig.gif
[quote name="ginnay" date="2020-11-13 07:32:09" ] Now I have big-brain conspiracy theory of Light Ancient being Emperors. Like, I [i]know[/i] it will never happen, ever, but...think about it. Every flight has their respective Ancient. It's been a year or so since we last had one, the mods have been teasing a Light Ancient but we still don't have any idea what it'll look like, the userbase has been going wild trying to figure it out. We finally get the big maintenance that signals a new breed...and boom. Emperors. It won't happen, but if it [i]did[/i], that would be the wildest thing to ever happen to this site. [s]im gonna come back here in like 5 years screaming i told you so huh[/s] [/quote] It actually was confirmed somewhere that Emperors are not Light's ancient breed. Don't remember where, but it was not long after ancients were revealed to become a thing.
ginnay wrote on 2020-11-13 07:32:09:

Emperors.

It actually was confirmed somewhere that Emperors are not Light's ancient breed. Don't remember where, but it was not long after ancients were revealed to become a thing.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote name="Cryoluxa" date="2020-11-13 06:07:52" ] Maybe Lightweaver had an ancient already, but then replaced it with the shiny and new Imperials (copying her sister's Veilspun), and the light ancient was jealous, and so cursed the Imperials to be able to become Emperors. Just a thought. Also explains why the Veilspun were all "Why the heck did you reopen that portal?" Could be that the reason was, "We were trying to protect the world from the light ancients. >:(" [/quote] ::I That sounds very... probable. Maybe the Hewn city might be a hotspot in this scenario.
Cryoluxa wrote on 2020-11-13 06:07:52:
Maybe Lightweaver had an ancient already, but then replaced it with the shiny and new Imperials (copying her sister's Veilspun), and the light ancient was jealous, and so cursed the Imperials to be able to become Emperors.

::I
That sounds very... probable. Maybe the Hewn city might be a hotspot in this scenario.
IfCmPpP.png