Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Ancient] Anyone else not disappointed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
^ with the ancient, price, and galore gifts.

I see a lot of people on the forums complaining about it & I'd just like to see some positivity on the new update, because I'm thrilled with it.

I'd prefer if we not debate whether the update is good or not in this thread (if it happens it can't be helped but), it was made with the hopes of seeing some positivity after all.

The ancient is one of my favorite breeds yet, I think (especially with how constellation looks on their manes... just adding more fuel to my constellation addiction aah).

As for the price, I think it's fine? Flight rising isn't a hobby. They have people they need to pay to keep this site running & that means people need to buy gems, unless we want FR premium or for FR to be shut down completely. Gems aren't even hard to get either.

I'm even happy with the galore gift. I love how the familiar looks, and considering that before ancients were added we'd never gotten free dragons afaik, I think it's generous enough. Bogsneaks sure weren't cheap to get when they were first released. If you really want a Veilspun, just work for one now or wait a couple of months.

tbh, I feel like getting free Gaoler scrolls & Bane eggs is the problem here, not having to pay for a Veilspun.
^ with the ancient, price, and galore gifts.

I see a lot of people on the forums complaining about it & I'd just like to see some positivity on the new update, because I'm thrilled with it.

I'd prefer if we not debate whether the update is good or not in this thread (if it happens it can't be helped but), it was made with the hopes of seeing some positivity after all.

The ancient is one of my favorite breeds yet, I think (especially with how constellation looks on their manes... just adding more fuel to my constellation addiction aah).

As for the price, I think it's fine? Flight rising isn't a hobby. They have people they need to pay to keep this site running & that means people need to buy gems, unless we want FR premium or for FR to be shut down completely. Gems aren't even hard to get either.

I'm even happy with the galore gift. I love how the familiar looks, and considering that before ancients were added we'd never gotten free dragons afaik, I think it's generous enough. Bogsneaks sure weren't cheap to get when they were first released. If you really want a Veilspun, just work for one now or wait a couple of months.

tbh, I feel like getting free Gaoler scrolls & Bane eggs is the problem here, not having to pay for a Veilspun.
FObX7rS.png
people really shouldn't complain, the breed is so incredible, and has so many gorgeous genes. they can't be entitled to free things all the time as well.
people really shouldn't complain, the breed is so incredible, and has so many gorgeous genes. they can't be entitled to free things all the time as well.
sh5xjiu.png
0XHtpWy.png
kI850Ts.png
HJLIYn4.png
mlHpBMC.png
32095602p.png
[quote name="Cauchemar" date="2020-11-12 12:15:10" ] people really shouldn't complain, the breed is so incredible, and has so many gorgeous genes. they can't be entitled to free things all the time as well. [/quote] This! Also Swipp gene is super pretty and cheap!! We just got spoiled and alot of people are dissapointed beacuse theres no super big gift bundle waiting this time. Gem gene prices are kinda too high for my budget but im not complaining, i gonna put my hands on them maybe someday!
Cauchemar wrote on 2020-11-12 12:15:10:
This! Also Swipp gene is super pretty and cheap!!
We just got spoiled and alot of people are dissapointed beacuse theres no super big gift bundle waiting this time.

Gem gene prices are kinda too high for my budget but im not complaining, i gonna put my hands on them maybe someday!
This & Gaoler are now my favorites on the site so andkasd I mean I can't say I'm at all disappointed with these ancients or the cost of them. I feel it's very reasonable, & like I brought up before, we were told months ago that these dragons would be gem breeds ( Edit to add: I say this about the focus on gems because I've seen some people say this ancient is a cash grab despite updates for it being released way, way early the year, if I recall right )

I get it not being everyone's cup of tea & as a small complaint, a lot of gem genes are focused on these dragons but also. They look beautiful on them too so? idk I just really enjoy these beauties!

Also the Galore gift, I love the familiar & I will always take free food. I think the expectation that all ancients should be free kind of got spun on Galore just a little bit, but I don't think it's odd that we'd eventually have an ancient that was gem focused.
This & Gaoler are now my favorites on the site so andkasd I mean I can't say I'm at all disappointed with these ancients or the cost of them. I feel it's very reasonable, & like I brought up before, we were told months ago that these dragons would be gem breeds ( Edit to add: I say this about the focus on gems because I've seen some people say this ancient is a cash grab despite updates for it being released way, way early the year, if I recall right )

I get it not being everyone's cup of tea & as a small complaint, a lot of gem genes are focused on these dragons but also. They look beautiful on them too so? idk I just really enjoy these beauties!

Also the Galore gift, I love the familiar & I will always take free food. I think the expectation that all ancients should be free kind of got spun on Galore just a little bit, but I don't think it's odd that we'd eventually have an ancient that was gem focused.
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
I honestly wasn't hyped at all and then I saw the male pose art and I caved and spent all of my gems on a scroll for this lovely man: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64584588][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/645846/64584588_350.png[/img][/url] So that happened.
I honestly wasn't hyped at all and then I saw the male pose art and I caved and spent all of my gems on a scroll for this lovely man:

64584588_350.png

So that happened.
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
Disappointed? I don’t understand how anyone can be disappointed with such gorgeous dragons, and such an interesting gene selection.

And Branches on hatchlings AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH...!
Disappointed? I don’t understand how anyone can be disappointed with such gorgeous dragons, and such an interesting gene selection.

And Branches on hatchlings AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH...!
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
I'm not disappointed in the least. The new dragons are glorious.
I'm not disappointed in the least. The new dragons are glorious.
Its great!
Its great!
act
imp inthusiast
he/him
please ping on reply
Wq7yxTc.gif
exchange
Nearku%2527s%2BDya.png
hatchbannersmall.png
I'm not into ancients in general so I'm not going out of my way to get one but I will say I think it's a beatiful breed and has very great genes. Starcon is gorgeous on it.
I'm not into ancients in general so I'm not going out of my way to get one but I will say I think it's a beatiful breed and has very great genes. Starcon is gorgeous on it.
Oracle/tarot readings
Lgbtqia+ podcast recs
I didn't expect to like them, but ended up loving them.
I didn't expect to like them, but ended up loving them.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12