Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Random Raffle
1 2 ... 267 268 269 270 271 ... 923 924
I once had a rather unlucky time melting 33 items into goo for somebody!
The theoretical odds for melting that many is:
15 green, 7 yellow, 5 orange, 3 red, 2 purple, and 1 blue goo.

And I ended up getting:
20 green, 6 yellow, 4 orange, 1 red, 2 purple, and 0 blue goo!

Thankfully most of the time my luck leans a bit higher than that though, but it was odd, lol.
Sorry if this was lame, it was the only thing that would come to mind for me.
I once had a rather unlucky time melting 33 items into goo for somebody!
The theoretical odds for melting that many is:
15 green, 7 yellow, 5 orange, 3 red, 2 purple, and 1 blue goo.

And I ended up getting:
20 green, 6 yellow, 4 orange, 1 red, 2 purple, and 0 blue goo!

Thankfully most of the time my luck leans a bit higher than that though, but it was odd, lol.
Sorry if this was lame, it was the only thing that would come to mind for me.
i don't think i'm particularly superstitious, but for a long time I'd listen to a specific pair of songs before any performance I had. In retrospect, they calmed me down and got me in the right headspace, so I suppose it was a self-fulfilling prophecy that they helped XD
i don't think i'm particularly superstitious, but for a long time I'd listen to a specific pair of songs before any performance I had. In retrospect, they calmed me down and got me in the right headspace, so I suppose it was a self-fulfilling prophecy that they helped XD
tumblr_inline_naxjlyAN6m1qg78ij.png 99HpT0c.png wind_bibling_by_cicide76536-dcipqin.gif WIMBY100.png
I honestly am not very superstitious at ALL. However, my aunt is. It seems like she has some sort of weird explanation for everything ":)
I honestly am not very superstitious at ALL. However, my aunt is. It seems like she has some sort of weird explanation for everything ":)
50027313-70-F2-43-D9-82-A8-1-ADC374-D795-D.pngLittle-art-shop-icon.png81-C46502-A45-B-4-A84-BD72-4-A4-A8-F6-E73-B3.pngLittle-wishlist-icon.pngaccent-shop.png
I heard that in Japan you're supposed to hide your thumbs when you pass a graveyard. I looked it up, and supposedly, it is to protect your parents. The Japanese word for thumb translates as "parent-finger," so hiding them protects them from death.

As a kid, we always used to hold our breath when going past cemeteries. It was really interesting because our school bus always went past a cemetary on the way to school. Sometimes, we would get stuck at a red light right there, and have to wait for it to turn green.
I heard that in Japan you're supposed to hide your thumbs when you pass a graveyard. I looked it up, and supposedly, it is to protect your parents. The Japanese word for thumb translates as "parent-finger," so hiding them protects them from death.

As a kid, we always used to hold our breath when going past cemeteries. It was really interesting because our school bus always went past a cemetary on the way to school. Sometimes, we would get stuck at a red light right there, and have to wait for it to turn green.
Ferberus-Kitten.png
CYBqRJK.png
I love superstitious stuff! My favorite number is 13, Friday the 13th is the best day ever and I have a black cat, Sharpie, who is my favorite kitty (don't tell the others). Sharpie was the first cat that I got while on my own and I knew I wanted a black cat because of the superstition. Here is a pic of him. [img]https://i.imgur.com/CppwOwm.jpg[/img]
I love superstitious stuff! My favorite number is 13, Friday the 13th is the best day ever and I have a black cat, Sharpie, who is my favorite kitty (don't tell the others). Sharpie was the first cat that I got while on my own and I knew I wanted a black cat because of the superstition. Here is a pic of him.

CppwOwm.jpg
springcleanrafflebutton.png
I mostly know about theater superstitions. Here are three.

"Break a leg" is used in theatre to wish a performer "good luck". ... The expression probably reflects a superstition in which directly wishing a person "good luck" would be considered bad luck, therefore an alternative way of wishing luck was developed.

Never Say Macbeth In A Theatre
It is considered bad luck to say the name of Shakespeare’s “Scottish play” inside of a theatre. This is due to some of the play drawing on witchcraft incantations that supposedly call upon evil spirits. Others suggest that the original actor who played Macbeth died tragically during the performance and the show has been cursed ever since.

Speaking The Last Line Of The Play
An old superstition says that a cast should never speak the last line of the play in rehearsals as it means that in performance the play will never get through a performance. It also supposed to relate to the idea that the play is not ‘finished’ until there is an audience there.
I mostly know about theater superstitions. Here are three.

"Break a leg" is used in theatre to wish a performer "good luck". ... The expression probably reflects a superstition in which directly wishing a person "good luck" would be considered bad luck, therefore an alternative way of wishing luck was developed.

Never Say Macbeth In A Theatre
It is considered bad luck to say the name of Shakespeare’s “Scottish play” inside of a theatre. This is due to some of the play drawing on witchcraft incantations that supposedly call upon evil spirits. Others suggest that the original actor who played Macbeth died tragically during the performance and the show has been cursed ever since.

Speaking The Last Line Of The Play
An old superstition says that a cast should never speak the last line of the play in rehearsals as it means that in performance the play will never get through a performance. It also supposed to relate to the idea that the play is not ‘finished’ until there is an audience there.
3EA6QyJ.png aHMlRC8.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo4_250.png
My family has superstitions about dreams. We believe that dreams can predict the future. My aunt is the best at it, but im no slouch either. I've had dreams of a bunch of different things that have come true. One of the weirdest was having a dream about a younger brother on top of the stairs and my aunt holding a baby boy. There were other circumstances to it too but no point explaining it all. At the time I was like 10 and the youngest of three siblings so it seemed strange. It was a super vivid dream and I still remember it to this day. Then my mom got pregnant with a girl but unfortunately she had a heart defect. A couple years passed and low and behold there was my younger brother. But the kicker wasn't that, a couple years later my aunt who had three kids who were also pretty old (the youngest is like 8 years younger than the next) happened to get pregnant too. And would you look at that its a boy. Then like a scene straight out of a movie my dream came true and gave me the weirdest sense of deja vu. My parents laugh about it because I told them all that years before it happened.
My family has superstitions about dreams. We believe that dreams can predict the future. My aunt is the best at it, but im no slouch either. I've had dreams of a bunch of different things that have come true. One of the weirdest was having a dream about a younger brother on top of the stairs and my aunt holding a baby boy. There were other circumstances to it too but no point explaining it all. At the time I was like 10 and the youngest of three siblings so it seemed strange. It was a super vivid dream and I still remember it to this day. Then my mom got pregnant with a girl but unfortunately she had a heart defect. A couple years passed and low and behold there was my younger brother. But the kicker wasn't that, a couple years later my aunt who had three kids who were also pretty old (the youngest is like 8 years younger than the next) happened to get pregnant too. And would you look at that its a boy. Then like a scene straight out of a movie my dream came true and gave me the weirdest sense of deja vu. My parents laugh about it because I told them all that years before it happened.
e0vgPI4.gifJICIbJe.pngF6-A6-C01-B-D7-EC-4-C49-AED9-A9-D6-F3-DA011-A.gifw8o0xW1.pngbxDQbVS.gif
[img]https://i.etsystatic.com/14882418/r/il/d685fe/1801753435/il_794xN.1801753435_8ox0.jpg[/img]
il_794xN.1801753435_8ox0.jpg
CN1WW1O.png 9.png QGlNYn8.png
Ooh, let's see..
  1. Everyone in my house still does the "knock on wood" thing when talking about something that's gone well but could turn bad/be jinxed, to the point some of my fam get nervous if they can't do it
  2. I have a FR superstition that Baldwin likes chaos. Whenever I dump a bunch of different types of thing in there (e.g. different mats, not different categories), I tend to get a bunch of red/purple/silver goops, but when I shift to feeding in a stack, I suddenly get nonstop green/occasional yellow/copper goops
  3. Not a unique one but..... I subscribe to the idea that RNG specifically will NOT give you what you want most but is happy to give literally anything else. Back when I didn't care about apparel Coli drops or Hibden-specific stuff I got it NONSTOP, but now that I need it I get maybe one a week. I also got a lot more lootless drops after complaining about those, IT KNOWS
  4. This is my superstition, but I'll always get more eggs in the random/intentionally bad/ugly fodder nests, never ever in the pretty fodder/planned/project nests. Literally, this round both the nests I was more serious about got only 2 eggs then the one I did just for fun was 4. You'd think my lack of many fancy gene projects would give me more luck with this yet here I am-
  5. I had to buy the cat fams from FP, but ever since I did that, I keep getting them as free drops when I barely get any fams from there as-is. :l I'm telling you RNGesus spites me
  6. In the "if you comment quick enough you get one" raffles, I always either check my notifications RIGHT when they ping me, or I LEAVE right when they ping me. It's never 10 minutes after I left or 3 minutes after I check, no, it's always within one minute, it's wild.
  7. I haven't been in any new raffles for a while, but I tend to win the ones I invest less tickets in, regardless of player pool size. I won some random UMA I was only somewhat interested in with 1 ticket but I couldn't win familiars I really wanted with 100.I wish it'd work that way for Roundsey or raffles with Sprites/bosses, dang
  8. Lemme end on a happy one: pets in my house will 100% find you to lay on your feet/lap... when you just were going to get up to get food or use the bathroom. Without fail one of them will show up and make you feel so bad for leaving that you put off your basic need to cuddle them for 15 minutes it's great

I dunno if all of those actually count but at least the first one and the Baldwin one did, I think. LOL
Ooh, let's see..
  1. Everyone in my house still does the "knock on wood" thing when talking about something that's gone well but could turn bad/be jinxed, to the point some of my fam get nervous if they can't do it
  2. I have a FR superstition that Baldwin likes chaos. Whenever I dump a bunch of different types of thing in there (e.g. different mats, not different categories), I tend to get a bunch of red/purple/silver goops, but when I shift to feeding in a stack, I suddenly get nonstop green/occasional yellow/copper goops
  3. Not a unique one but..... I subscribe to the idea that RNG specifically will NOT give you what you want most but is happy to give literally anything else. Back when I didn't care about apparel Coli drops or Hibden-specific stuff I got it NONSTOP, but now that I need it I get maybe one a week. I also got a lot more lootless drops after complaining about those, IT KNOWS
  4. This is my superstition, but I'll always get more eggs in the random/intentionally bad/ugly fodder nests, never ever in the pretty fodder/planned/project nests. Literally, this round both the nests I was more serious about got only 2 eggs then the one I did just for fun was 4. You'd think my lack of many fancy gene projects would give me more luck with this yet here I am-
  5. I had to buy the cat fams from FP, but ever since I did that, I keep getting them as free drops when I barely get any fams from there as-is. :l I'm telling you RNGesus spites me
  6. In the "if you comment quick enough you get one" raffles, I always either check my notifications RIGHT when they ping me, or I LEAVE right when they ping me. It's never 10 minutes after I left or 3 minutes after I check, no, it's always within one minute, it's wild.
  7. I haven't been in any new raffles for a while, but I tend to win the ones I invest less tickets in, regardless of player pool size. I won some random UMA I was only somewhat interested in with 1 ticket but I couldn't win familiars I really wanted with 100.I wish it'd work that way for Roundsey or raffles with Sprites/bosses, dang
  8. Lemme end on a happy one: pets in my house will 100% find you to lay on your feet/lap... when you just were going to get up to get food or use the bathroom. Without fail one of them will show up and make you feel so bad for leaving that you put off your basic need to cuddle them for 15 minutes it's great

I dunno if all of those actually count but at least the first one and the Baldwin one did, I think. LOL
aaa aC86tUH.png
q3Me7tJ.png
jA5A7gu.png
cdqdRxL.png
oczO35g.png
aaaaaaaaaaa
g69Uo46.png
a
aaaaaaaa J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
joJNm4P.png
Batik is a bit of a lucky charm for me, I didn't expect to get such a pretty pearlcatcher from a random pair (and she kickstarted my female pearlcatcher addiction). Nothing inherently lucky about her but I feel like she boosts the overall luck of my lair (^w^) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61635553][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/616356/61635553_350.png[/img][/url]
Batik is a bit of a lucky charm for me, I didn't expect to get such a pretty pearlcatcher from a random pair (and she kickstarted my female pearlcatcher addiction). Nothing inherently lucky about her but I feel like she boosts the overall luck of my lair (^w^)

61635553_350.png
9DdGlja.png
1 2 ... 267 268 269 270 271 ... 923 924