Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Welcome to the Nature.2 Flight
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-10-27 19:13:06" ] [quote] I am, however, hoping NotN features something nice and Plagueish[/quote] We have that already, it's the fiendflesh apparel. :D [/quote] well having a second set of something Plaguish to make up for what's happened would be nice, is what they're sayin' honestly tbh i would have liked to have known Why they went the direction they did, but whatever. Hoping that things can settle down and that non plague people can stop tellin' us that we didn't deserve to be extremely frustrated at the whole ordeal. (I was in plague for 6 years and still consider myself a part of it lol, so hence my wording)
Corviknight wrote on 2020-10-27 19:13:06:
Quote:
I am, however, hoping NotN features something nice and Plagueish

We have that already, it's the fiendflesh apparel. :D

well having a second set of something Plaguish to make up for what's happened would be nice, is what they're sayin'

honestly tbh i would have liked to have known Why they went the direction they did, but whatever. Hoping that things can settle down and that non plague people can stop tellin' us that we didn't deserve to be extremely frustrated at the whole ordeal.

(I was in plague for 6 years and still consider myself a part of it lol, so hence my wording)
7GZL67L.png
Mason/Metus
he/him
FR+0
[quote]well having a second set of something Plaguish to make up for what's happened would be nice, is what they're sayin'[/quote] A good Joxar recolor of the bard apparel to make up for what's happened will be more than enough. No need to hijack another site event, especially since last year's apparel was very Plague themed for an event that has nothing to do with the flight.
Quote:
well having a second set of something Plaguish to make up for what's happened would be nice, is what they're sayin'

A good Joxar recolor of the bard apparel to make up for what's happened will be more than enough.

No need to hijack another site event, especially since last year's apparel was very Plague themed for an event that has nothing to do with the flight.

[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-10-27 19:42:49" ] No need to hijack another site event, especially since last year's apparel was very Plague themed for an event that has nothing to do with the flight. [/quote] [color=9b998f]christ. let plague have a couple extra goodies without trying to guilt trip them, eh?
Corviknight wrote on 2020-10-27 19:42:49:
No need to hijack another site event, especially since last year's apparel was very Plague themed for an event that has nothing to do with the flight.

christ. let plague have a couple extra goodies without trying to guilt trip them, eh?
they/them
minor
fr time + 0
[quote name="kaezer" date="2020-10-27 20:02:58" ] [quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-10-27 19:42:49" ] No need to hijack another site event, especially since last year's apparel was very Plague themed for an event that has nothing to do with the flight. [/quote] [color=9b998f]christ. let plague have a couple extra goodies without trying to guilt trip them, eh? [/quote] Plague is not the only flight who has had festival years with terrible apparel, though. ROR has had years where it had beautiful gross apparel, and one incident isn't worth hijacking another event. Considering that we got sets of apparel that are wonderfully plaguish for NOTN last year, why not let one of the other flights who had their aesthetics reduced to a joke get something this year? Personally, if there is a flight that deserves compensation, it's Wind for years of fart jokes.
kaezer wrote on 2020-10-27 20:02:58:

christ. let plague have a couple extra goodies without trying to guilt trip them, eh?
Plague is not the only flight who has had festival years with terrible apparel, though. ROR has had years where it had beautiful gross apparel, and one incident isn't worth hijacking another event.

Considering that we got sets of apparel that are wonderfully plaguish for NOTN last year, why not let one of the other flights who had their aesthetics reduced to a joke get something this year?

Personally, if there is a flight that deserves compensation, it's Wind for years of fart jokes.
It's just so depressing. Plague is my home flight. I joined for the red eyes and the survival aspect, and I have stayed because honestly Plague has an awesome and wonderfully supportive community and I've met some lovely people here. But it's hard to stay here, and it's hard to be excited when it seeks like staff just wants to brush Plague under the rug constantly.

If they were going to dumb down the flight's aesthetic this much they should never have made it in the first place.

I'm just tired and sad and very, very disappointed.
It's just so depressing. Plague is my home flight. I joined for the red eyes and the survival aspect, and I have stayed because honestly Plague has an awesome and wonderfully supportive community and I've met some lovely people here. But it's hard to stay here, and it's hard to be excited when it seeks like staff just wants to brush Plague under the rug constantly.

If they were going to dumb down the flight's aesthetic this much they should never have made it in the first place.

I'm just tired and sad and very, very disappointed.
R6ZJKtW.gif
A FAQs
Buying Maroon Tert G1s
Tarot Shop
Wishlist
Clan Lore
AAAAAAAAAAA qC8XNby.png
[quote name="emajbi" date="2020-10-27 19:11:43" ] well this fest was a riot for sure [/quote] This is the time to be discussing an aspect so unique very few games has had to deal with. And that it has caught the attention of so many is amazing. I absolutely love to think of our festival as not only a celebration, but as a controversial riot of an element that humanity despises. Although I wish the creator’s of the skins and the devs didn’t have to take the brunt of it...
emajbi wrote on 2020-10-27 19:11:43:
well this fest was a riot for sure
This is the time to be discussing an aspect so unique very few games has had to deal with. And that it has caught the attention of so many is amazing.

I absolutely love to think of our festival as not only a celebration, but as a controversial riot of an element that humanity despises.

Although I wish the creator’s of the skins and the devs didn’t have to take the brunt of it...
IfCmPpP.png
i am so happy that the staff finally addressed it
the fr community admittedly gets a little out of hand overnight...
i am so happy that the staff finally addressed it
the fr community admittedly gets a little out of hand overnight...
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif || drearie
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
[quote name="kaezer" date="2020-10-27 20:02:58" ] [quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-10-27 19:42:49" ] No need to hijack another site event, especially since last year's apparel was very Plague themed for an event that has nothing to do with the flight. [/quote] [color=9b998f]christ. let plague have a couple extra goodies without trying to guilt trip them, eh? [/quote] Perhaps a good Plague-y color of this year's NOTN set, while still allowing the variety that makes the apparel so much fun to play with. We've had a lot of flight aesthetics show up mix n matched in NOTN sets, and I think there's plenty of room to continue that trend while also giving plaguelings and fans of the aesthetic a set or two to play around with. I agree that with last year's so very plague-like they probably won't go explicitly in that direction with the overall apparel lineart, and I'm not sure how helpful it is to get upset at anyone for saying something that's just... their interpretation of how the situation could be resolved and a likely direction for NOTN? None of us have any more information on the actual NOTN apparel than anyone else. There's a common understanding in academic writing where, in general, the views expressed in papers by an author are assumed to be the opinions and perspectives of the author unless explicitly cited or supported by data, and tbh I kinda wish online discourse would take a hint from that. (If you've ever wondered why your middle school teachers told you never to use "I" in a formal essay, it's not because they really like the construction 'the author would expect' it's because they didn't feel like explaining the intricacies of how and when it's appropriate to say 'I believe' or 'I think' in a paper and when it's redundant)(this is somewhat off topic but im not deleting it now that it's written)
kaezer wrote on 2020-10-27 20:02:58:

Perhaps a good Plague-y color of this year's NOTN set, while still allowing the variety that makes the apparel so much fun to play with. We've had a lot of flight aesthetics show up mix n matched in NOTN sets, and I think there's plenty of room to continue that trend while also giving plaguelings and fans of the aesthetic a set or two to play around with. I agree that with last year's so very plague-like they probably won't go explicitly in that direction with the overall apparel lineart, and I'm not sure how helpful it is to get upset at anyone for saying something that's just... their interpretation of how the situation could be resolved and a likely direction for NOTN? None of us have any more information on the actual NOTN apparel than anyone else.

There's a common understanding in academic writing where, in general, the views expressed in papers by an author are assumed to be the opinions and perspectives of the author unless explicitly cited or supported by data, and tbh I kinda wish online discourse would take a hint from that. (If you've ever wondered why your middle school teachers told you never to use "I" in a formal essay, it's not because they really like the construction 'the author would expect' it's because they didn't feel like explaining the intricacies of how and when it's appropriate to say 'I believe' or 'I think' in a paper and when it's redundant)(this is somewhat off topic but im not deleting it now that it's written)
wq9PoXA.png
[quote]If there was an entry you'd hoped would win, that's fine! Have that discussion. Elevate and celebrate those entries![/quote] Alright. [img]https://i.imgur.com/V5uF6Z6.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/tZINpJn.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/8YIdpbl.png[/img] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/3fe3812972030a044fa6434e4c0b3e2f/2687943e6c5eb8eb-ab/s400x600/ac2dad52d9219a36904d87c836eb84bd5c71436a.png[/img] And a ton more. I won't be [i]criticizing[/i] staff decisions since this is supposed to be some sort of lovefest here, but look at these entries that you didn't pick. Look at them. They're incredible. Staff has been too wishy-washy over Plague for a long time. Plague no-nos should be [b]clear[/b] and [b]easy to understand[/b], not "uh don't have things that might remind people of a pandemic" or "don't have something that looks like a wound while we accept another artists skin that looks like a wound".
Quote:
If there was an entry you'd hoped would win, that's fine! Have that discussion. Elevate and celebrate those entries!

Alright.

V5uF6Z6.png

tZINpJn.png

8YIdpbl.png

ac2dad52d9219a36904d87c836eb84bd5c71436a.png

And a ton more. I won't be criticizing staff decisions since this is supposed to be some sort of lovefest here, but look at these entries that you didn't pick. Look at them. They're incredible.

Staff has been too wishy-washy over Plague for a long time. Plague no-nos should be clear and easy to understand, not "uh don't have things that might remind people of a pandemic" or "don't have something that looks like a wound while we accept another artists skin that looks like a wound".
Flight Rep Time:

Lightning|Water|Plague|Wind

Or browse some Old Oaks for sale?
My comment might (probably will) get deleted for this, but wow, what an incredible non-answer from the staff. One line about how- hang on, let me quote- "there are a lot of different voices in our community about what constitutes plague's theme, and those might not always align with the small group of us creating content for it" -and then three paragraphs about the small minority of people that were complaining about the skins instead of the apparel? Yeah, way to actually address the huge amount of concerns and complaints being raised. Jeez.
My comment might (probably will) get deleted for this, but wow, what an incredible non-answer from the staff. One line about how- hang on, let me quote- "there are a lot of different voices in our community about what constitutes plague's theme, and those might not always align with the small group of us creating content for it" -and then three paragraphs about the small minority of people that were complaining about the skins instead of the apparel? Yeah, way to actually address the huge amount of concerns and complaints being raised. Jeez.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26