Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Welcome to the Nature.2 Flight
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26
[quote name="Melralis" date="2020-10-27 12:30:23" ] [quote name="Univelka" date="2020-10-27 12:22:28" ][font=calibri]I would love to have full uncensored range of both visuals and lore, and I don’t mean just death and gore. [ ... ] But. [b]This game doesn't owe me anything?[/b] At the end of the day I'll voice my opinions/requests once, and if the game eventually developes in a way I don’t find it worth playing anymore, I'll simply stop playing.[/quote] [font=calibri]I disagree with the bolded statement. The game does owe us [i]something[/i], and not just Plague specifically. Without the older players, without the kickstarters, without people buying gems, without active players [b][i]there would be no game.[/i][/b] So yes, it's in their best interest to appeal to their playerbase and consider their valid concerns and criticisms. [/quote] Im glad someone has this thought other than me. Hopefully they will listen this time, I love this game. :( I've left a few times because they don't listen, and then come back a couple months later when the disappointment wears off. Would love to not repeat that cycle again lol
Melralis wrote on 2020-10-27 12:30:23:
Univelka wrote on 2020-10-27 12:22:28:
I would love to have full uncensored range of both visuals and lore, and I don’t mean just death and gore. [ ... ] But. This game doesn't owe me anything? At the end of the day I'll voice my opinions/requests once, and if the game eventually developes in a way I don’t find it worth playing anymore, I'll simply stop playing.

I disagree with the bolded statement.

The game does owe us something, and not just Plague specifically. Without the older players, without the kickstarters, without people buying gems, without active players there would be no game. So yes, it's in their best interest to appeal to their playerbase and consider their valid concerns and criticisms.
Im glad someone has this thought other than me. Hopefully they will listen this time, I love this game. :( I've left a few times because they don't listen, and then come back a couple months later when the disappointment wears off. Would love to not repeat that cycle again lol
adP6My0.png
There's something that's offsite that records deleted comments in announcements (deleted by mods or the player, it is unable to densern or figure that out) and usually all the comments deleted (which to clarify cannot be confirmed to be moderation or not) are like double posts or people getting really personal with it. I don't think there's any "sneaking around" or "pruning of opposition", if they wanted to wipe the topic clean of anything negative it'd be more obvious, and FR mods usually allow negative comments on their announcements.

The keel announcement topic is one of the best example. Mods closed it, deleted comments, and if you look it's still filled to the brim with crit on disliking the gene. Heck if you could see the deleted comments of the keel topic, the biggest deletion was by one player who said keel was perfect and they people were being "babies" about disliking it and spending time aggressively defending the gene.

It should also be noted that if someone's comment is flagged for deletion, all replies to that comment are deleted even if the tone of the other comments was chill to avoid confusion.
There's something that's offsite that records deleted comments in announcements (deleted by mods or the player, it is unable to densern or figure that out) and usually all the comments deleted (which to clarify cannot be confirmed to be moderation or not) are like double posts or people getting really personal with it. I don't think there's any "sneaking around" or "pruning of opposition", if they wanted to wipe the topic clean of anything negative it'd be more obvious, and FR mods usually allow negative comments on their announcements.

The keel announcement topic is one of the best example. Mods closed it, deleted comments, and if you look it's still filled to the brim with crit on disliking the gene. Heck if you could see the deleted comments of the keel topic, the biggest deletion was by one player who said keel was perfect and they people were being "babies" about disliking it and spending time aggressively defending the gene.

It should also be noted that if someone's comment is flagged for deletion, all replies to that comment are deleted even if the tone of the other comments was chill to avoid confusion.
I don't see how the game doesn't owe anyone anything
With that take, the game could exist without its players- and I doubt that is the case

Of course it is easy to say 'if you disagree with an update, then leave the game for good'
But that is not how these things work, they can only improve if negative opinions are voiced as well
No one gains anything if only good comments are welcomed and the ones who have concerns are told to be quiet or leave
With that take, the game could exist without its players- and I doubt that is the case

Of course it is easy to say 'if you disagree with an update, then leave the game for good'
But that is not how these things work, they can only improve if negative opinions are voiced as well
No one gains anything if only good comments are welcomed and the ones who have concerns are told to be quiet or leave
qR6otwA.png
This is the very first year I've not only disliked the apparel for Plague but not understood it at all.

You can't just shove bones on anything and go yep thats Plague lmao
This is the very first year I've not only disliked the apparel for Plague but not understood it at all.

Heart.gif
[quote name="Shougoney" date="2020-10-27 12:49:18" ] I don't see how the game doesn't owe anyone anything With that take, the game could exist without its players- and I doubt that is the case Of course it is easy to say 'if you disagree with an update, then leave the game for good' But that is not how these things work, they can only improve if negative opinions are voiced as well No one gains anything if only good comments are welcomed and the ones who have concerns are told to be quiet or leave [/quote] Again, I did not say "only good comments/only positive vibes". Please. Discussing is one thing, but my problem was with the "they must prioritize my opinion and consider it more, because I've bought gems/play this a lot so I made it possible"-tone that is given off, plus the whole taking it out of proportions. If every little thing is the worst-possible-thing-that-could-happen-and-we-are-such-victims-here, what else is left? And what can devs even learn or take into review if the reaction is always inflated into a bigger issue than it actually is? I don’t mean just this thread or whole issue, but about dozen last updates we've got. And while I understand what you mean by players making this game possible, I still don't agree on the being owed part. In a way people seem to want it here. Fans of a music band make the band possible, but it's still their band, and their music. Me listening to them or buing their albums doesn't mean they should read my fan letters more than the others, or take any of my suggestions. I mean, they probably will anyway, if my stuff is in harmony with the majority or other fans+their own views, but there's nothing that says they should. And there could be million other fans. Similarly FR has hundreds if not thousands of players that do not voice their opinion here on forum. They do it by other means, and devs probably take them into consideration too.
Shougoney wrote on 2020-10-27 12:49:18:

Again, I did not say "only good comments/only positive vibes". Please.

Discussing is one thing, but my problem was with the "they must prioritize my opinion and consider it more, because I've bought gems/play this a lot so I made it possible"-tone that is given off, plus the whole taking it out of proportions.
If every little thing is the worst-possible-thing-that-could-happen-and-we-are-such-victims-here, what else is left? And what can devs even learn or take into review if the reaction is always inflated into a bigger issue than it actually is? I don’t mean just this thread or whole issue, but about dozen last updates we've got.

And while I understand what you mean by players making this game possible, I still don't agree on the being owed part. In a way people seem to want it here.

Fans of a music band make the band possible, but it's still their band, and their music.
Me listening to them or buing their albums doesn't mean they should read my fan letters more than the others, or take any of my suggestions. I mean, they probably will anyway, if my stuff is in harmony with the majority or other fans+their own views, but there's nothing that says they should.
And there could be million other fans.

Similarly FR has hundreds if not thousands of players that do not voice their opinion here on forum. They do it by other means, and devs probably take them into consideration too.
[quote name="Heart" date="2020-10-27 12:56:01" ] This is the very first year I've not only disliked the apparel for Plague but not understood it at all. You can't just shove bones on anything and go yep thats Plague lmao [/quote] Isn't one of the most popular plague apparel some KFC leftovers on a string, though? (and I do love it too)
Heart wrote on 2020-10-27 12:56:01:

Isn't one of the most popular plague apparel some KFC leftovers on a string, though?
(and I do love it too)
[quote name="Shougoney" date="2020-10-27 12:49:18" ] I don't see how the game doesn't owe anyone anything With that take, the game could exist without its players- and I doubt that is the case Of course it is easy to say 'if you disagree with an update, then leave the game for good' But that is not how these things work, they can only improve if negative opinions are voiced as well No one gains anything if only good comments are welcomed and the ones who have concerns are told to be quiet or leave [/quote] i'm 100% down with constructive criticism and making opinions heard. The only thing that kinda gets me is when people making a flouncing post threatening to leave and then don't even follow through. If something goes a step to far and you truly feel you no longer want to support a product you have to follow through with your threat. Flouncing and dramatics don't get things done actions do.
Shougoney wrote on 2020-10-27 12:49:18:

i'm 100% down with constructive criticism and making opinions heard. The only thing that kinda gets me is when people making a flouncing post threatening to leave and then don't even follow through. If something goes a step to far and you truly feel you no longer want to support a product you have to follow through with your threat. Flouncing and dramatics don't get things done actions do.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
I fully agree that a lot of updates are getting blown out of proportions, here I am thinking about some new genes for example, which weren't popular
In those cases, I can just ignore the gene and leave it be- I didn't remember Glowtail existet until someone brought it up a bit ago

But this Plague issue feels different to me, because it's been happening to the Flight for a long time
I don't group this new apparel with 'other updates like genes which people didn't like and got upset about'
I group it with 'Plague never receiving a venue and having to share its story with Nature' (I mean those lore things that were released a while ago, I never cared for those but I saw Plague people being disappointed about that too)

I see what you mean with the comparison to bands but I do think it'd only be fair of the devs to play with open cards and communicate because players do invest in this game- yes, money, but also time and effort
I'm very used to sites where the communication between staff and community is a lot more open and fluent- and I am not saying staff /has to/ communicate more, it is their decision, but I am certainly saying it leaves a negative taste
I fully agree that a lot of updates are getting blown out of proportions, here I am thinking about some new genes for example, which weren't popular
In those cases, I can just ignore the gene and leave it be- I didn't remember Glowtail existet until someone brought it up a bit ago

But this Plague issue feels different to me, because it's been happening to the Flight for a long time
I don't group this new apparel with 'other updates like genes which people didn't like and got upset about'
I group it with 'Plague never receiving a venue and having to share its story with Nature' (I mean those lore things that were released a while ago, I never cared for those but I saw Plague people being disappointed about that too)

I see what you mean with the comparison to bands but I do think it'd only be fair of the devs to play with open cards and communicate because players do invest in this game- yes, money, but also time and effort
I'm very used to sites where the communication between staff and community is a lot more open and fluent- and I am not saying staff /has to/ communicate more, it is their decision, but I am certainly saying it leaves a negative taste
qR6otwA.png
@Shougoney

I agree on the coli venue, we have Mire, but not full blown venture in plague territory, that would be nice. I also believe it's coming, but like I said in my first post here, devs are probably in a pickle when it comes to Plague visuals, due to what they are allowed to show to young players.
I doubt they like it themselves, the ethos of Plague was quite clear in early days.

I suppose their biggest challenge is to figure out where the law goes when you make drawings. It's not perfectly clear even in live action videos, and it turns into a total mess in illustrations.

I agree on more communication too, while the average gamer probably won't know much about the law and technicality side of running a site like this, informing if they are still trying to figure things out or have already come to a decision would most likely satisfy many on this topic.
@Shougoney

I agree on the coli venue, we have Mire, but not full blown venture in plague territory, that would be nice. I also believe it's coming, but like I said in my first post here, devs are probably in a pickle when it comes to Plague visuals, due to what they are allowed to show to young players.
I doubt they like it themselves, the ethos of Plague was quite clear in early days.

I suppose their biggest challenge is to figure out where the law goes when you make drawings. It's not perfectly clear even in live action videos, and it turns into a total mess in illustrations.

I agree on more communication too, while the average gamer probably won't know much about the law and technicality side of running a site like this, informing if they are still trying to figure things out or have already come to a decision would most likely satisfy many on this topic.
Well, it's official. We're stuck with this bard thing in Nature's color for an apparel piece. I mean, changing a gene with glaring issues like glowtail is one thing but an apparel piece that lacks shading, effort and the proper colors? Totally different (somehow?)
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2923902/56#post_45095341

Happy festival to whatever gets to use this piece. My wind dragon I guess.
Well, it's official. We're stuck with this bard thing in Nature's color for an apparel piece. I mean, changing a gene with glaring issues like glowtail is one thing but an apparel piece that lacks shading, effort and the proper colors? Totally different (somehow?)
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2923902/56#post_45095341

Happy festival to whatever gets to use this piece. My wind dragon I guess.
Y3kY2LN.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26