Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot 2020
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 55 56
I love the apparel very much, it’s unique and different to what we usually get and I don’t see it as a bad thing. My only disappointment about it was the colour of the apparel, I understand that we do have green in our aesthetic but the colour used in this green easily correlated to nature’s signature green.

I like that plague has a huge variety of stuff but I understand that we have huge inconsistency in our signature appearance because of that too. Now I wonder if anyone would mind if the apparel gets officially edited into something more red.
I love the apparel very much, it’s unique and different to what we usually get and I don’t see it as a bad thing. My only disappointment about it was the colour of the apparel, I understand that we do have green in our aesthetic but the colour used in this green easily correlated to nature’s signature green.

I like that plague has a huge variety of stuff but I understand that we have huge inconsistency in our signature appearance because of that too. Now I wonder if anyone would mind if the apparel gets officially edited into something more red.
pnSvVex.gif Oun6xWO.png
Sev | He/They | +15 FR | @ me
»About Me | Art Dump
»Art Shop | Art Resource
[quote name="Hyzenthlaay" date="2020-10-25 17:43:21" ] [quote name="EmeraldMew" date="2020-10-25 17:00:31" ] [quote name="Shian" date="2020-10-25 16:43:38" ] Hey, it's Arcane's festival today! Hope you like your purple piece! Hey, it's Water's festival today, Hope you like your bright orange piece! [/quote] [item=starlight cloak][item=warmwater wanderers] [/quote] The cloak is literally purple? The wanderers literally have blue as its main color? [/quote] Yes? The cloak being literally purple is the point? The comment I was responding to was saying if Arcane got it's secondary color purple instead of its main pink or Water got orange instead of blue would be similar to Plague getting something green instead of red. I also don't see the bubbles as the main color of warmwater wanderers. Anyway, I must say the familiar is amazing this year and the scene is perfect! Giant towers made of bone!
Hyzenthlaay wrote on 2020-10-25 17:43:21:
EmeraldMew wrote on 2020-10-25 17:00:31:
Shian wrote on 2020-10-25 16:43:38:
Hey, it's Arcane's festival today! Hope you like your purple piece!
Hey, it's Water's festival today, Hope you like your bright orange piece!
Starlight Cloak Warmwater Wanderers

The cloak is literally purple? The wanderers literally have blue as its main color?
Yes? The cloak being literally purple is the point? The comment I was responding to was saying if Arcane got it's secondary color purple instead of its main pink or Water got orange instead of blue would be similar to Plague getting something green instead of red.
I also don't see the bubbles as the main color of warmwater wanderers.

Anyway, I must say the familiar is amazing this year and the scene is perfect! Giant towers made of bone!
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
To put it in simple terms: the only people truly satisfied with the apparel and skins this year are those who are not of the plague flight. As much as I have tried to be okay with this there really needs to be something done. Also aren't mushrooms shadows thing?

This needs to be addressed by the staff, because I can tell you the majority of the plague users are quite clearly upset.

I have read through way too many of the comments, it is hard to deny what we all can see, and it is most definitely not okay to call plague users 'cry babies' because of how we feel our flight should celebrate.
To put it in simple terms: the only people truly satisfied with the apparel and skins this year are those who are not of the plague flight. As much as I have tried to be okay with this there really needs to be something done. Also aren't mushrooms shadows thing?

This needs to be addressed by the staff, because I can tell you the majority of the plague users are quite clearly upset.

I have read through way too many of the comments, it is hard to deny what we all can see, and it is most definitely not okay to call plague users 'cry babies' because of how we feel our flight should celebrate.
Valentine-Sig.png
Mushrooms (such as [item=all-seeing shroom]) are literally life growing out of decay. Something thriving from death. I'd say it's certainly Plague's thing. Also I really wish folks would stop bashing* the skins and accents that users created with their interpretations of Plague's themes. They all worked hard and while some are not my particular cuppa they all did a very good job. *I personally kinda see saying that there are too many of x-style over y-style as a form of showing dislike for the skins/accents. I don't think all of them are intended this way but I imagine if I made a mushroom themed skin/accent and saw comments saying there were disproportionately too many mushrooms, I'd probably feel like they were saying I was interpreting plague wrong, ya know?
Mushrooms (such as All-Seeing Shroom ) are literally life growing out of decay. Something thriving from death. I'd say it's certainly Plague's thing.

Also I really wish folks would stop bashing* the skins and accents that users created with their interpretations of Plague's themes. They all worked hard and while some are not my particular cuppa they all did a very good job.

*I personally kinda see saying that there are too many of x-style over y-style as a form of showing dislike for the skins/accents. I don't think all of them are intended this way but I imagine if I made a mushroom themed skin/accent and saw comments saying there were disproportionately too many mushrooms, I'd probably feel like they were saying I was interpreting plague wrong, ya know?
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
[quote name="EmeraldMew" date="2020-10-25 17:00:31" ] [quote name="Shian" date="2020-10-25 16:43:38" ] Hey, it's Arcane's festival today! Hope you like your purple piece! Hey, it's Water's festival today, Hope you like your bright orange piece! [/quote] [item=starlight cloak][item=warmwater wanderers] [/quote] You can still look at both of these items and know exactly which flight they belong too. Starlight cloak is clearly Arcane. Warmwater wanderers are clearly Water. Plague has green as an accent, not its primary, and certainly not as it's main color(not even counting it's a forest green, not vomit green). There's plenty of room to change things up in Plague without being given another flights aesthetic. As others have said, and as I've seen myself, most of the people saying they like the apparel piece aren't in Plague. We have every right to be angry.
EmeraldMew wrote on 2020-10-25 17:00:31:
Shian wrote on 2020-10-25 16:43:38:
Hey, it's Arcane's festival today! Hope you like your purple piece!
Hey, it's Water's festival today, Hope you like your bright orange piece!
Starlight Cloak Warmwater Wanderers
You can still look at both of these items and know exactly which flight they belong too. Starlight cloak is clearly Arcane. Warmwater wanderers are clearly Water. Plague has green as an accent, not its primary, and certainly not as it's main color(not even counting it's a forest green, not vomit green). There's plenty of room to change things up in Plague without being given another flights aesthetic.
As others have said, and as I've seen myself, most of the people saying they like the apparel piece aren't in Plague. We have every right to be angry.

Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Beautiful!
Beautiful!
dYJdC6O.png

nyrapp2%2Bcopy.png
I was going to say something about how the new apparel looks far more like wind or nature, but I think that's been covered. I just have one question now: Is this going to be fixed? Is anything going to actually happen? There have been sooooo many issues regarding plague's festival things, but nothing is ever done. In fact it's only seeming to get worse as this is by far the apparel that has missed the mark the most. As others have pointed out, it looks like a bunch of apparel we already have and it most definitely doesn't look like plague. I can understand if it was something about the worlds current situation that is making them try to stay away from death and gore, but there are ways to get around that. Mushroom, bugs, rats, even just some more bone things! Maybe even some thing focusing on the surviving aspect of plague. But a cloak in forest green is not the answer. Maybe they can make a recolor of it? Have that replace this one, but let them keep the ones of this version they have. I'm also very disappointed that the staff haven't even acknowledged this. No statement at all? The whole problem is we feel the plague flight is being ignored, so not saying anything is not going to help. Even just something saying "Hey, we see you, we get it and we're working on it" would be better than nothing. [emoji=fae sad size=1]
I was going to say something about how the new apparel looks far more like wind or nature, but I think that's been covered.

I just have one question now: Is this going to be fixed? Is anything going to actually happen? There have been sooooo many issues regarding plague's festival things, but nothing is ever done. In fact it's only seeming to get worse as this is by far the apparel that has missed the mark the most. As others have pointed out, it looks like a bunch of apparel we already have and it most definitely doesn't look like plague. I can understand if it was something about the worlds current situation that is making them try to stay away from death and gore, but there are ways to get around that. Mushroom, bugs, rats, even just some more bone things! Maybe even some thing focusing on the surviving aspect of plague. But a cloak in forest green is not the answer. Maybe they can make a recolor of it? Have that replace this one, but let them keep the ones of this version they have.

I'm also very disappointed that the staff haven't even acknowledged this. No statement at all? The whole problem is we feel the plague flight is being ignored, so not saying anything is not going to help. Even just something saying "Hey, we see you, we get it and we're working on it" would be better than nothing.
adP6My0.png
Yes! My favorite festival!
Yes! My favorite festival!
[quote name="TheParamoreVeil" date="2020-10-25 18:08:31" ] I'm also very disappointed that the staff haven't even acknowledged this. No statement at all? The whole problem is we feel the plague flight is being ignored, so not saying anything is not going to help. Even just something saying "Hey, we see you, we get it and we're working on it" would be better than nothing. [emoji=fae sad size=1][/quote] Yep, this. [emoji=ancient size=1]
TheParamoreVeil wrote on 2020-10-25 18:08:31:
I'm also very disappointed that the staff haven't even acknowledged this. No statement at all? The whole problem is we feel the plague flight is being ignored, so not saying anything is not going to help. Even just something saying "Hey, we see you, we get it and we're working on it" would be better than nothing.

Yep, this.
he/they

adult
eng/hun
Encapsulated Mist
Now the night is coming to an end.
The sun will rise,
and we will try again.
Stay alive, stay alive, for me.
Bottled Bones
[quote name="EmeraldMew" date="2020-10-25 17:58:40" ] Mushrooms (such as [item=all-seeing shroom]) are literally life growing out of decay. Something thriving from death. I'd say it's certainly Plague's thing. Also I really wish folks would stop bashing the skins and accents that users created with their interpretations of Plague's themes. They all worked hard and while some are not my particular cuppa they all did a very good job. [/quote] I haven't seen anyone bashing the skins. They're all beautiful in their own right, and their artists are incredibly talented. People's complaints have simply been that, 5 of the total skins are mushrooms which is a huge proportion compared to the many different themes and directions the contest provided.
EmeraldMew wrote on 2020-10-25 17:58:40:
Mushrooms (such as All-Seeing Shroom ) are literally life growing out of decay. Something thriving from death. I'd say it's certainly Plague's thing.

Also I really wish folks would stop bashing the skins and accents that users created with their interpretations of Plague's themes. They all worked hard and while some are not my particular cuppa they all did a very good job.

I haven't seen anyone bashing the skins. They're all beautiful in their own right, and their artists are incredibly talented.
People's complaints have simply been that, 5 of the total skins are mushrooms which is a huge proportion compared to the many different themes and directions the contest provided.
S0DOppf.pngbicatcher.png
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 55 56